Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Revis or Richard Sherman?

RockThatBlue

I'd take Vontae over both, but since these two are in the Super Bowl, who do you like or think is better?

And who do you think will have the bigger impact in the super bowl?

Well if Sherman is injured I'd take Revis, fortunately for both Revis and Sherman they aren't playing with an absolutely garbage D like the Colts. Maybe if the Colts can build a mediocre D, Davis will even look more impressive. When a team can't stop an obvious gameplan that they know they will have to face, that's pretty sickening.

Revis. He has no weakness in his game. They were saying on NFL match up to watch for the Pats to force Sherman to come across the field as he is not as good moving laterally as he is down the field.

And I agree with others here that I would go with Davis over Sherman as well. So Revis, Davis and then Sherman.

Well if Sherman is injured I'd take Revis, fortunately for both Revis and Sherman they aren't playing with an absolutely garbage D like the Colts. Maybe if the Colts can build a mediocre D, Davis will even look more impressive. When a team can't stop an obvious gameplan that they know they will have to face, that's pretty sickening.

It's nice of you to turn this into a bash the Colts thread. Hopefully you can bring something worth saying to the forum in the future. Looking back does no one no good.

1. Revis -  removes your top receiver completely from the game. Colts receivers disappeared against him.

2. Sherman - Love him but I've seen T.Y. beat him when they played. He makes more big plays than Revis though. Very close.

3. Davis - Good enough to be top guy for Indy D but not quite on the level of the other two in my opinion. Still a Pro Bowl caliber corner.

Fair point about VD. The guy is basically a one man show on D. He covers his man the vast majority of the time even if it's a stud like Gronk. Meanwhile, the rest of the D looks like a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off. Gotta feel for the guy.

Is he wrong though?

What difference does it make if he is right or wrong? It's water under the bridge so to say. We have all heard and read all this too many times to keep harping on it. The season is over now is the time to change into next seasons mode. Talking, whining, crying and or debating about old news is useless. And also it was off topic in the first place.

Revis. He has no weakness in his game. They were saying on NFL match up to watch for the Pats to force Sherman to come across the field as he is not as good moving laterally as he is down the field.

And I agree with others here that I would go with Davis over Sherman as well. So Revis, Davis and then Sherman.

I'll take Sherman!! Revis is not that great anymore plus he plays for Belichick!!

It's nice of you to turn this into a bash the Colts thread. Hopefully you can bring something worth saying to the forum in the future. Looking back does no one no good.

It's so nice to have my useless garbage comments countered by more useless garbage comments... I just love online forums!!!!! ;)

When you give the seahawks 2 weeks to prepare for a game. Thats scary. If brady and belichick figures out how to complicate things for sherman, then he has to still deal with earl thomas and kam chancellor. There is no avoiding anything with the seahawks.

The patriots cannot pound the ball with blount and gray the whole game like they do to every afc team. He then has to throw to a defense that is much more skilled than the colts, a ravens d that is not the same as before.

When you give the seahawks 2 weeks to prepare for a game. Thats scary. If brady and belichick figures out how to complicate things for sherman, then he has to still deal with earl thomas and kam chancellor. There is no avoiding anything with the seahawks.

The patriots cannot pound the ball with blount and gray the whole game like they do to every afc team. He then has to throw to a defense that is much more skilled than the colts, a ravens d that is not the same as before.

I think the Pats will do exactly that.   They will ground and pound.   And they'll use the Dallas game where Murray ran all over the Seahawks as the blueprint.

Brady will throw 30 times,  as he did against the Colts when Gray ran all over us this year and as he did when Blount ran all over us last year.

But New England should be able to have some success running the ball.   The question will be....   how much success?

If I was forced to create my own defense then I'd take Revis but I've never seen someone dominate schematically like Sherman has in the Seattle scheme. I mean, in the regular season, Aaron Rodgers (whose currently the best quarterback in the league) didn't attempt a throw on Sherman all game. The big difference in this game is that Revis' best quality is to be able to move across the field to negate the best receiver but the Seahawks don't have a "best receiver". Sherman will consistently take away his side of the field and force plays to go the other direction. I'll take Sherman in this one. All that being said, I'll take Davis over both of them.

Revis. He has no weakness in his game. They were saying on NFL match up to watch for the Pats to force Sherman to come across the field as he is not as good moving laterally as he is down the field.

Revis has a weakness and his name is Stevie Johnson. Fortunately for him, the 49ers imploded this season and thus its not a problem.

Gotta admire the fandom here...Davis over Sherman  :blueshoe: but just...no...no. I know even the other folks HATE the guy but he's the best. Revis was exposed as far back as 2008, and when I say exposed I don't mean exposed as some kind of fraud or whatever, I just mean that he was beatable against people other than Randy Moss who used to own him.

thats exactly what they can do.  Seattle's interior line is very small and can easily be pushed off the ball.  Their ends are undersized too and are vulnerable to pulling guards off the edge.  This isnt the same wall of a d-line they had last year