Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Admit it. Its a less than Super matchup

oldunclemark

Now i can tell you don't watch much football outside of the colts. Crabtree had 85 catches for over 1100 yards on a run first team.. Yeah, he is pretty good

Yeah..he's a legend....How many catches did AJ Green have.?

Wouldnt you rather have seen him.?

You're really rather see Colin Kapernick than Aaron Rodgers?? Really?

You know you've been totally messed with when you are defending a rematch that was 16-6 last time.

Tell me the truth about what you thought of Joe Flacco during the regular season.?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah..he's a legend....How many catches did AJ Green have.?

Wouldnt you rather have seen him.?

You're really rather see Colin Kapernick than Aaron Rodgers?? Really?

You know you've been totally messed with when you are defending a rematch that was 16-6 last time.

Tell me the truth about what you thought of Joe Flacco during the regular season.?

No i wouldn't want to see the Bengals in the sb..

Flacco didn't have a great regular season. I'm guessing that's why the oc was fired. How has he played since? Who has been better in the playoffs than Flacco?

No i wouldn't want to see the Bengals in the sb..

Flacco didn't have a great regular season. I'm guessing that's why the oc was fired. How has he played since? Who has been better in the playoffs than Flacco?

You cant argue FOR a guy by saying they changed the OC..'J'

You change dyour mknd after a miracle pass in the final 10 seconds..

name a playoff QB who DIDNT play better than Flacco//overall all year?

That means he was bad....right?.....Michael Jackson 'Bad' Charlie Sheen 'Bad'

LA Lakers' defense 'Bad'

and BUCK....again Colts vs. Seattle would have been NEW & DIFFERENT and you KNOW you agree with me!!!

But even Denver vs GB would have been worthy of your impassioned Flacco defense

you seem a bit delusional, not sure if you are serious or just gettin your kicks by playing devils advocate...

either way, of course I`d rather see the Colts in the SB, but the Colts & the Seahawks have been to the big game more recently than either Balt or San Fran, so... not so much on the NEW maybe different as Colts Seahawks only play each other every four years, but anyways....

You can hate on Flacco all you want,... I dont think the guy is an MVP candidate, but he can deliver on the deep ball,  and he did help get his team to the Superbowl, that is an inarguable point...

Enjoy the NCIS marathon on Sunday...

btw... you`re obviously not a big fan of poetry...

I know it isn't the sexiest matchup, as evidenced by the drop in ticket prices vs. last season....but at least for me, I just can't get into it after we hosted the SB last year. I have barely watched any of the pregame stuff. I listen to the radio, but the sense of excitement just isn't there. Part of it is the matchup, but after seeing our city shine in hosting it (and getting to be a part of nearly everything except the game), I am just not that pumped for it this season. I will watch like always, but it just isn't the same as last season. I suspect that will wear off, especially when the Colts storm their way to the SB next year!!!!

.....The stories during Super week had mostly to do with scandals and that's largely because

the most appealing aspect of Baltimore vs. SF is two guys who arent playing..

Nobody's scalping tickets to this one no matter how hard ESPN and the NFL Net try to sell it..

....Most folks wouldnt watch a regular season game between Baltimore and SF so its hard to make two

defense oriented teams with no great QBs (or offensive players of any kind) on either side interesting.

at least IU plays Michigan Sunday

I'm glad it was these two, the only better match would have been Denver and Seattle in my opinion.

It is true that people watch for offense. Oh many may say the love the ground and pound smashmouth style and in your face shutdown D that throttles opponents.  But it is the QB that sells jerseys and get attention.  So, Kaep and Flacco will take a beating because they aren't Manning, Brady, Rodgers or Brees.  But Flacco has one of the strongest arms in the league. Ever since Blinky Caldwell took over as OC, Flacco has come alive.  Flacco also has impressive post season W - L record.  On the other side, J. Harbaugh made a gutsy move to replace Smith with Kaepernick and it is paying off handsomely.  I'll tell you, that guy can spin it, and he has wheels too.  So I am interested in the QB's this game.  Not just watching for the capable D's (especially SF). 

This was a prediction match up preseason by many, largely based on it almost came to pass last year.  30 other teams would love to be in NOLA.  I'm confident the ratings will be high.  not the best ever but fine. Fans of football will watch. Even without big name QB's.  

I for one am excited, as I have stated my wife and her family are 49ers fan.  The last decade, I have enjoyed and (stressed) about the playoffs. But there is an excitement to it that I missed last year, and am kinda jealous that we aren't in the race.

I remember the two SB the Colts were in, being anxious, stressed, happy and sad all rolled in one.

She thinks it is a jinx to talk too much about it, so we have not. 

She still blames me for the 2nd superbowl loss to NO. "I told her to relax" during half time, we are in good shape. She said I JINXED it. She was so upset........  geeez. I was upset too.

I'm not sure where this thread came from ? USA Today reported this will be the most watched Super Bowl of all time. You have the East Coast -West Coast Angle, a future Hall of Famer in his last game, two brothers coaching in the game, and a new young gun of a quarterback in San Francisco. It should be one of the most exciting Super Bowls of all time.

I guess watching a Big Ten basketball game, a league that hasn't won a National Championship in 23 years, is more compelling, but I doubt it. The ACC has won eight during the same time frame. Maybe Maryland coming to the Big Ten will spice up the basketball league a bit . I'm also not sure what playoff games people have been watching, because the Ravens and Niners have wracked up alot of offensive points. It should be a great Super Bowl !

the best thing about this game is that no animals were injured (and few even woke up) in the making of this matchup..

Wasnt it Shakespare who said....Watch the Ravens? NEVERMORE!

That was Edgar Allen Poe who (didn't) say that, not Shakespeare. Poe was from Baltimore as well - the fact that a literary reference is the basis of their nickname is one of the things I like about them. One of the best helmets in sports.

Shakespeare probably inspired the Stratford-upon-Avon, uh, Ravens.

I'm not sure where this thread came from ? USA Today reported this will be the most watched Super Bowl of all time. You have the East Coast -West Coast Angle, a future Hall of Famer in his last game, two brothers coaching in the game, and a new young gun of a quarterback in San Francisco. It should be one of the most exciting Super Bowls of all time.I guess watching a Big Ten basketball game, a league that hasn't won a National Championship in 23 years, is more compelling, but I doubt it. The ACC has won eight during the same time frame. Maybe Maryland coming to the Big Ten will spice up the basketball league a bit . I'm also not sure what playoff games people have been watching, because the Ravens and Niners have wracked up alot of offensive points. It should be a great Super Bowl !

Maryland will spice it up? I doubt it. Michigan St won in 2000

Its hard to make an arguement for something by saying, "well, opposed to what?" That's almost an admission that its lame.

Baltimore is not NEW and refreshing. They're in the playoffs every year...

Balt vs.SF// Really? Remember last time they played??? 16-6???? MAC!!! It was 16-6.

Tell me you would be more interested in the Colts and Seattle. THAT"s NEW and different.

I'm not essential saying anything. I;m stirring it up and flat out saying that Baltimore and SF isnt a great matchup even during the regular season but that they hype machine'll get you if you dont watch out... .

Here we go with "admit(ssion)" again. Do you perhaps have something to confess? There appears to be something on your mind. My thoughts were pretty straightforward - I'm more exited about this match-up than I have been about any non-Colts related SuperBowl in many years.

I already said that I like the city of Baltimore (as any ancient Colts fan) in general (plus my wife lived their for eight years), plus I like the Ravens specifically, and more specifically I'm rooting hard for Jim Caldwell, and Ray Rice (Rutgers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). And it's lovely to have an opponent that I don't detest for once.

Last years regular season score is irrelevant. The Ravens have a new OC and QB coach, and Flacco has taken his game up a notch. He's looked like far more than a "game manager" at times. He is essentially in the same place that Eli was before his first Super Bowl victory (comparable age with similar history of uninspiring play alternating with just stepping up and winning with regularity). Both of them have a tendency to successfully heave the ball long distances at opportune times, and he has some incredibly fast wide outs. They do NOT have a "ground and pound" offense. Labeling people is dangerous. You may think very differently of him after this one is over. Or not. But finding out is part of the reason for looking forward to it. The Ravens have been in the playoffs for years, but not the super bowl. They've been creeping closer, and finally made it. That's a great story.

And very similar to the 49ers who have been "the best" in the NFC for sometime now, but fell short. Now they've made it, with one of the brashest young coaches the league has seen in years, substituting a 2nd year QB in mid-season to redefine the offense, who successfully manifests "the new breed" of QBs that the league has been buzzing about since Vick first appeared. ALL that talk of Luck, Griffin, Wilson, etc - who saw Kaepernick even playing much less having this kind of impact? Last I heard they were trying to sign Peyton. I haven't watched Colin yet, but one thing I'm confident of is that this is NOT the Niners offense you saw put up 6 points last year. Is he the "next big thing" about to burst onto the national stage? Did you think much of Joe Montana before his first Super Bowl appearance? Or is that style of offense just another gimmick that the aging vanguard in Baltimore is about to figure out and quash on the way to one last taste of glory before the HOF players it's founded on go their separate ways. Those are great stories.

It sounds to me as if you are simply sick of the Harbaugh and Lewis nonsense, but as I already said there is an easy answer - stop watching NFL Network and ESPN. I COULDN'T CARE LESS about media day or ANY of the surrounding hogwash. You may be trying hard to play devils advocate, but you clearly aren't thrilled with this game. However speak for yourself - I am. Nothing lame about it.

I was just talking to my brother today, we are both long time NFL fans, and we both agreed that this is the best SB matchup in years. Two very hard hitting teams, big play offenses, and gritty tough coaches.

When the Colts are not in it, I usually medicate, curl into a fetal position, and moan quietly in the corner for a day or two. Today I have purchased 2 5ths, one sixer, made 7 layer dip, bought disgustingly unhealthy chocolate, cheese popcorn, and real bottles of Coca-Cola.

Ready, pumped, and fully NFL. Bring..................it.....................ON!

That was Edgar Allen Poe who (didn't) say that, not Shakespeare. Poe was from Baltimore as well - the fact that a literary reference is the basis of their nickname is one of the things I like about them. One of the best helmets in sports.

Shakespeare probably inspired the Stratford-upon-Avon, uh, Ravens.

Poe quotes:

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.

Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.

and finally.........

That's endless excitement there....any of them QBs? are Moss and Sugar Ray on AARP yet...

Michael Crabtree?

Now you're messing with me!!! I love it.

We got it you love qbs .. However some people don't h e to have a 35 38 point game to be interested . I for one love defence and think this game will be fun to watch regardless of the score

We got it you love qbs .. However some people don't h e to have a 35 38 point game to be interested . I for one love defence and think this game will be fun to watch regardless of the score

Yep...no old western destiny stand-off here, thank goodness. Got some fresh blood in the Super Bowl for once.

This is the first Super Bowl in a long time that just doesn't really have a polarizing team in it.  Going all the way back to 2003 people around the country have been able to find a polarizing team.  Say what you will about the Pats but most people either love them or hate them there aren't many people who don't hold an opinion about the Pats.  2005 had the Steelers and there are Steelers fans every where.  2006 had a major media market and it's easy to say on a Colts board it's clear there was clear interest in that game from a Colts fan perspective.  In 2007 again you had the Pats and the whole undefeated season.  2008 had the Steelers again see my point about Steelers fans being every where you also had a lot of people cheering for the ultimate NFL underdog in the Cardinals.  2009 again my point about this being a Colts board you also had the Saints and people saying "oh New Orleans needs this to recover from the hurricane".  2010 had the Packers and Steelers again fans of both teams every where.  2011 major media market, the Pats who again people either love or hate, and the fact it was in Indianapolis where most Colts fans are located.  This year you have two teams that don't really have fans "every where" and haven't been on this big stage for so long that people don't really have a polarizing view point of them.