Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck for ROY

gspdx

From NFL.com

Between Luck, Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson and Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III, you can pretty much flip a coin to decide who should win this award. I'd take Luck, because I think he's done more with a lesser supporting cast than Wilson or RG3. The Redskins and Seahawks have both outscored their opponents this season; Luck's Colts, meanwhile, have scored 37 fewer points than the opposition, yet have still managed to win nine games. That's more wins than any rookie quarterback drafted first overall. Luck has also led six fourth-quarter comebacks, the most by a rookie QB since the AFL-NFL merger. All three signal-callers are very good, but when it comes down to it, knowing what I know through Week 14, I'd still draft Luck first and RG3 second, with Wilson vaulting up to the third spot.

Discuss!

From NFL.com

Between Luck, Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson and Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III, you can pretty much flip a coin to decide who should win this award. I'd take Luck, because I think he's done more with a lesser supporting cast than Wilson or RG3. The Redskins and Seahawks have both outscored their opponents this season; Luck's Colts, meanwhile, have scored 37 fewer points than the opposition, yet have still managed to win nine games. That's more wins than any rookie quarterback drafted first overall. Luck has also led six fourth-quarter comebacks, the most by a rookie QB since the AFL-NFL merger. All three signal-callers are very good, but when it comes down to it, knowing what I know through Week 14, I'd still draft Luck first and RG3 second, with Wilson vaulting up to the third spot.

Discuss!

I would like to see this three-sided coin.

I want Luck to win, but not as bad as I would like to win a playoff game...I think Luck deserves it simply due to the fact that he is working with less talent than the other two and that you cannot discount him being the first number 1 drafted rookie QB to win as many games as he has. As for the scoring differential, that can also be attributed to better Defenses and Offensive lines not just QB play.