Luck vs rg3

Greenoughrunner

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've not missed the point, and this has nothing to do with Luck at all but rather some of his fans. Fans who get their panties in a bunch anytime someone suggests that he might not be the greatest thing since sliced bread. Yes, there have been a couple of redskins fans going overboard with the RG3 love, but people have been going way overboard on the Luck love for some time now. It just strikes me as funny how hypocritical some people can be without even realizing it.

That's a load of garbage and you know it. Luck was so overhyped it's not even funny. I've grown to like the guy but it was not easy. Why wasn't it easy? Because of how overhyped he was by the media and many fans, far beyond even the highest levels that tebow mania ever reached.

No you weren't. However you were downplaying RG3's accuracy by making claims that his receivers have to regularly make adjustments due to poorly thrown balls and I was simply pointing out that Colts receivers have regularly had to do the same thing. Why? Because neither Luck nor RG3 are perfect. They are both great prospects and are playing far better than a rookie QB should be able to play. What I don't get is why fans of either get so personally offended any time the slightest question is made about their QB of choice. I understand being a fan and all but what I don't get is why some people can't have a discussion about the 2 without having to constantly run down the other QB just to make them feel better about their own QB.

I agree with everything you've stated in this post. One thing I have not done is attempt to discredit or belittle Andrew Luck. What I have done is give an honest assessment of both players. I know I'm the Colts forum. I'm not here to troll or discredit Andrew Luck because in reality he's doing an outstanding job. He's well ahead of the curve. I'm giving him all his credit. RG3 has set the league on fire to the point where it can not be ignored.

I agree with everything you've stated in this post. One thing I have not done is attempt to discredit or belittle Andrew Luck. What I have done is give an honest assessment of both players. I know I'm the Colts forum. I'm not here to troll or discredit Andrew Luck because in reality he's doing an outstanding job. He's well ahead of the curve. I'm giving him all his credit. RG3 has set the league on fire to the point where it can not be ignored.

He has not set the league on fire at all. He is doing a very good job. No more no less.

When you throw 8 tds compared to 9 incompletions in five days you are setting the league on fire. No rookie qb has even done it. Over the last two weeks no veteran qb has done it.

What, you mean like throwing for 433 yards in one game. Some thing no rookie has ever done? 15 all. And a bit like tennis, all very pointless.

I was hoping this thread would have died by now, instead it seems like some people have ramped up the ridiculousness. Apologies for being unable not to comment on a few posts ;)

So if we disagree with your assessment, we are fools or in denial? Is that your debating stance? Quality.

You are either in denial or uninformed in this situation. Luck has many great attributes but he is not as accurate as Griffin is on the intermediate-deep throws. This is not debatable based on their body of work. Griffin may have the opportunity to make easier throws more often but, regardless of the difficulty or distance involved, he still consistently puts the ball in a spot where his receivers can grab it and run after the catch. Luck has not been nearly as consistent although he has demonstrated that he is capable of being more than accurate enough to be very successful, IMO. He just needs to settle down a bit.

Weren't the Dolphins a top D when we played them??? And the Vikings weren't too shabby either when we played

Griffin played the Vikings, too, and was no less successful against them than Luck was. I actually think the Vikings D is fairly overrated this year. Miami is a bottom third defense this year.

Chicago is the only defense you've played to date that would concern me if we were to play them.

Is this this a Colts Forum? These Redskins are jumping on here like rats from a sinking ship. I appreciate they've have a pretty lean gig for eons, but they are currently 3rd in their division and have a losing record. With the amount of superlatives heaped upon this new elite QB, you'd think they were 11-0.

Give me the hoards of Partriot fans from the the mid 00's anyday....at least they had some substance and legacies to throw in our faces. And a better QB than Griffin will ever be.

1. It sounds like you don't know how the phrase "like rats from a sinking ship" is used.

2. I'm really the only professed Skins fan that hangs around here and comments regularly even when some of you guys aren't making grossly misinformed statements about our QB to ease apparent insecurities about the possibility that he might be better than your guy. Unfortunately, some of y'all do that so often that most of my posts still consist of correcting statements made that are based on fiction. It takes two to play this game... but what puzzles me at the moment is why you think the Colts have any substance or legacy that is relevant to this season that the Skins should have to compete with. I'm sorry... but Peyton is gone and this is a different team. If you want to include the Peyton era in your legacy then you've got to allow for the fact that we also have a rich history, even if it's been a rough road recently.

3. The Skins are second in their division, hold tiebreaking victories over most of the NFC teams vying for the second wildcard berth, are only one game out from possessing that 6 seed, and are still very much alive in the division. This is with a substantially tougher schedule than your Colts and with Griffin tending to play as well as can be expected even in losses (Carolina game being his one true down game, IMO). That's why the Skins are still relevant and Griffin is getting so much credit.

I know I'm the Colts forum. I'm not here to troll or discredit Andrew Luck because in reality he's doing an outstanding job. He's well ahead of the curve. I'm giving him all his credit.

Seconding this. He's a good young QB. Not sure why some people have difficulty recognizing that this whole Luck/Griffin thing is not an either/or proposition. Both can be very, very good in their own respective ways or both could fail miserably and unexpectedly.

I ran out of likes too, didn't know that could happen, Colts fans here point out a ton of great points and I liked a bunch of them. W.Redskin fans brag RG has better Statistics, well they have too since they are below .500 at 5-6, and don't want to hear the facts, what is the definition of a dink and dunk pass, below 20 yards or 10 yards? W.Redskins in the statistics says 3/4 of his passes are below 10 yards as stated in the statistics and the Colts are .500 strength of schedule and the W.Redskins by SOS is .488 so give and take a couple wins or losses they are still around even so Colts having a weaker schedule is out the window, NFL Network ranked W.Redskins offensive line #5 in week 12 games from the Thanksgiving game against the Cowboys so the W.Redskins don't have a very good offensive line is out the window too, the Colts offensive line is patched up and only Costanzo I believe hasn't missed a game. Sorry all for my rants, having Manic evening episode, got so many thoughts going through my head it's hard to get them sounding right, the post this morning was a morning episode and after I read it later it didn't come out like I hoped, I bet later this will too ;}LOL

the Colts are .500 strength of schedule and the W.Redskins by SOS is .488 so give and take a couple wins or losses they are still around even

Those numbers are based on the end of the 2011 season. The actual SOS for the Redskins through week 12 is .512 while the Colts sit at .438.

Why do so many people have a hard time vetting their sources? The first Google result is not always the information that is most pertinent.

All hail Robert Griffin the 3rd!!!!! Poster RGlll has converted me, Colts messed up drafting Luck!!!!! Hal loo ya!!!!! Robert Griffin the 3rd is the NFL lord and savior, all kneel down to the next god! Robert Griffin the 3rd will lower the sea levels and peace will flow over the world and will be the future 10 time in a row starting next year Super Bowl winner all by himself in a team of 1< That called sarcasm Shelden... :}LOL

You can't talk to W.Redskin homers, I'll skip all their comments from now on!!!!! skip mine I don't give a rats tookus, this forum is for Colts fans and all others are trolls that need to be ignored and which I will be doing!!!!!

Go Colts!!!!!

This is a comment from this video.

So good...

at this comment from this new RG3 video: lol

Rg3 is NOT A BEAST ...ARE YOU STUPID?? guy's a wuss...if he was a beast he would come to my house ...right ****ing now , and smash my face against the keybjfkdkla;ldkjfajfkkdjajjklf*jfjkdf;l;ljkafdditi[itio[[oiop*iopifdpoifiieioiogtjlk;jdlkfak*jkdakjdlkajkfj akjkdskj;laajlk;*jjdfjkalfjajfdkjdfjkfdkjdfakdd*fl kjfdflkjdjkjakfjdlkasjfjkdaj*kfjakjajfa

You can't talk to W.Redskin homers, I'll skip all their comments from now on!!!!! skip mine I don't give a rats tookus, this forum is for Colts fans and all others are trolls that need to be ignored and which I will be doing!!!!!

Go Colts!!!!!

im-not-listening-e1339294092543.jpg

;)

All hail Robert Griffin the 3rd!!!!! Poster RGlll has converted me, Colts messed up drafting Luck!!!!! Hal loo ya!!!!! Robert Griffin the 3rd is the NFL lord and savior, all kneel down to the next god! Robert Griffin the 3rd will lower the sea levels and peace will flow over the world and will be the future 10 time in a row starting next year Super Bowl winner all by himself in a team of 1< That called sarcasm Shelden... :}LOL

Honestly, I think RG3 is mentioned in the Bible.......

But, in reality I hate the overrated NFC East and that big market baby garbage always shoved down my throat.

Truth is...

Luck has shown some flashes of greatness, but has made some bad mistakes as well.

Greatness like in the Packers game, bad mistakes like the 2 pick 6's vs the Pats.

I also believe the Colts are 6-4 because they have benefitted from an easy schedule. Much easier schedule than the Redskins, imo.

RG3 has looked like he already has a bust in Canton. Has not made very many mistakes at all. Throwing a 104 QBR rating, has not yet thrown multi-pick games like most if not all rookies do & has shown up on the brightest stage. We'll see if he continues this VS the Giants.

Point is...Both QB's are going to be good and are on the correct teams for the future.

...And the Rams will be regretting their decision for a very long time, imo.

If Fischer doesn't have these guys competing in 2013 season & Bradford looks to not be progressing with the talent they will be able to put around him with all the draft picks they will be getting from Skins/others?, He may find himself on the hot seat earlier than expected from the success of RG3. specially if the Skins are competing in the NFC East. They actually have a shot this year.

The Colts got their man and made the right choice drafting Luck.

But why Colt fans are wishing P. Manning to do well, with the Broncos is crazy, imo.

I've seen some, wish him a SB win.

Why would Colts fans think this way...?

If he wins a SB with them, it not only makes everyone question the Colts decision in cutting him, but puts even MORE pressure on Luck,imo. I don't know...maybe this will be good for Luck, though?

If i were Colts fan, I'd be rooting for ANYONE to win the SB, except the Broncos.

If he were in another Conference? (NFC)

I could see that.

Like the Niners or Arizona or so.

Then yea...root for Peyton all the way.

But AFC?

No way, man.

Think about this...

The Broncos could be why Luck, doesn't make the SB.

No rookie has ever taken his team to the SB.

But hey...root for P. Manning if you want.

IMO, he's wearing enemy colors & should be respected as such.

Go away. Just... leave. :facepalm:

When you throw 8 tds compared to 9 incompletions in five days you are setting the league on fire. No rookie qb has even done it. Over the last two weeks no veteran qb has done it.

RG3 has looked like he already has a bust in Canton.

RG3 is nothing short of a miracle.

pope-benedict-at-his-election1.jpg

Yeah... pretty dink and dunk if you ask me...

Andrew Luck is better than Robert Griffin. RG3 is just another vick and Newton. While Luck is destined to be a hall of famer! Watch!!!!

Here is one of the posters I was talking about earlier. RG3's game is totally different from Cam and Vick. So I wonder why he compared them Edit. He's more Steve Young and Aaron Rodgers than Cam and Vick. And hes definately has more poise and more of a leader then those two you compared him too. Please explain and give examples of why you compared him to Vick and Cam. Edited by Coltssouth
inappropriate

Luck vs Peyton is the more relevant comparison anyway since we cut Manning for Luck.

I rarely seem to agree with you but I agree with you.

This is a waste of time. Irsay was never going to take RG3 and still wouldn't. Even if Peyton stayed I think Luck still came here. Even if we didn't get the first pick I would not be stunned to have seen Irsay trade up to get him.

Although it's not really fair to compare a 23 year old rookie to an established 36 year HOFer but I won't be stunned if they have a few showdowns against each other too before Peyton's time is up.

Yes the real story for Luck's career IMO will often be measured vs. Peyton. Not this RG3 stuff. Fair or not thats how it is.

Again, Luck was always Irsay's boy and still is. And honestly I cannot complain with the results so far. I think he is a great leader and a great fit for this new era/rebuilding project and we are winning more games then expected. I have nothing but faith for the future.

But, essentially yes, this RG3 talk when it comes to the Colts is essentially meaningless.

Just by passed all the trolls and Luck haters, wow all the time saved from not reading their "doo doo"!!!!! Go away trolls!!!!! Your wasting your time and not welcomed here anymore by me, I cannot speak for others. If others want to read your "drivel" then so be it!!!!!

In case you don't know what Drivel is!

driv·el/ˈdrivəl/

Noun: Silly nonsense: "don't talk such drivel!".

Verb: Talk nonsense: "he was driveling on about the glory days".

Synonyms:

noun. nonsense - slobber - slaver - piffle

verb. drool - dribble - slobber

Mel Kiper (who started this whole mess :) ) said he would pick Luck over every QB in the last 20 years except for Elway. Basically, that's what he said by calling him the best pro prospect since Elway. Now, why didn't Kiper and every other scout heap the same praise on one Mr. Griffin? I can't answer that, but I can answer for myself. Because Griffin reminds me of Randal Cunningham. Sorry, I know they have the same skin color, but that's not why I said him. Randal was fast and thin (fragile is another word that comes to mind) and could throw a great deep ball. He attempted to stay in the pocket but he was quick to run, just like Griffin. Like him, Griffin will continue to lead all QB's in rushing until he gets absolutely plastered. You know it's true. So, some of you will say "Well, at least when he does pass, he's the best." That's because he only passes when he has a clean pocket. Chad Henne can do that. All NFL QB's can do that except Gabbert (sorry Blaine). When his pocket is gone, he either gets sacked or he runs...sometimes he runs so quick it looks like a designed run : O . Luck, oth, continues to make a large percentage of his passes with 260+ lb guys hanging on him. Griffin is incapable of doing that. Luck, in a clean pocket ( if he ever gets one) will be as accurate as Joe Montanna. The bottom line is, Luck has more good things going for him than Griffin and that fact will shine through like the sun on the Washington Monument.

Philly is #14 in Pass D and Dallas is #8.

Who has Luck faced again? :shh:

Really? Sure doesn't show in the win lose column. Oh yeah, either does the skins. Who before the season had such a good team and they were supposed to do so much better than the Colts. But hey how about them texans? Only took you how long drafting top 10 picks to be relevant. Enjoy it while it last comes its coming to an end real soon.

Mel Kiper (who started this whole mess :) ) said he would pick Luck over every QB in the last 20 years except for Elway. Basically, that's what he said by calling him the best pro prospect since Elway. Now, why didn't Kiper and every other scout heap the same praise on one Mr. Griffin? I can't answer that, but I can answer for myself. Because Griffin reminds me of Randal Cunningham. Sorry, I know they have the same skin color, but that's not why I said him. Randal was fast and thin (fragile is another word that comes to mind) and could throw a great deep ball. He attempted to stay in the pocket but he was quick to run, just like Griffin. Like him, Griffin will continue to lead all QB's in rushing until he gets absolutely plastered. You know it's true. So, some of you will say "Well, at least when he does pass, he's the best." That's because he only passes when he has a clean pocket. Chad Henne can do that. All NFL QB's can do that except Gabbert (sorry Blaine). When his pocket is gone, he either gets sacked or he runs...sometimes he runs so quick it looks like a designed run : O . Luck, oth, continues to make a large percentage of his passes with 260+ lb guys hanging on him. Griffin is incapable of doing that. Luck, in a clean pocket ( if he ever gets one) will be as accurate as Joe Montanna. The bottom line is, Luck has more good things going for him than Griffin and that fact will shine through like the sun on the Washington Monument.

Didn't Cunningham lead a Minnesota team to 15-1?

"When his pocket collapses he either runs or gets sacked." Well there aren't many other choices. Besides standing in there and trying to make a throw where there isn't, and gets intercepted. Which Luck does.

RGIIIclutch.gif

Look at that foolish RG3. Running around to keep a play going. When has that, like, ever worked?

Oh wait.

The next play was a deep TD pass, by the way. Oh and, that gif was of a 4th and 10 play to extend or lose the game.

Wait...let me just...

1270716555880.gif

Really? Sure doesn't show in the win lose column. Oh yeah, either does the skins. Who before the season had such a good team and they were supposed to do so much better than the Colts. But hey how about them texans? Only took you how long drafting top 10 picks to be relevant. Enjoy it while it last comes its coming to an end real soon.

How much does it sting to know that you had one of the greatest QBs of all time for 12 years but only managed one Super Bowl ring? I mean, he's on par with Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Mark Rypien....that's elite company right there.

How much does it sting to know that you had one of the greatest QBs of all time for 12 years but only managed one Super Bowl ring? I mean, he's on par with Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Mark Rypien....that's elite company right there.

Don't forget that BIG category that has Zero Super Bowls. As a Texan's fan, you should know that one very well. Matt Schaub, Jim Zorn, Brian Sipes, Ken Anderson, etc..etc....oh, and Randal Cunningham.

yeah, and how many should we have had had we actually built the team right. still more that the texans...get back with me when you do something. you're right though, bobbie may have a chance at being better than shaub.

Yes but at the same time no rookie has done what Andrew Luck has because he's breaking rookie records lol. He will definitely break Cam Newtons rc record barring a catastrophe. Also he has had more wins than any rc QB.

RGiii and Andrew Luck have both had great success. RGiii plays error free while Andrew is passing up a storm. Both are doing very well.

Here is one of the posters I was talking about earlier. RG3's game is totally different from Cam and Vick. So I wonder why he compared them . He's more Steve Young and Aaron Rodgers than Cam and Vick. And hes definately has more poise and more of a leader then those two you compared him too. Please explain and give examples of why you compared him to Vick and Cam.

Lol that was sarcasm!

Didn't Cunningham lead a Minnesota team to 15-1?

"When his pocket collapses he either runs or gets sacked." Well there aren't many other choices. Besides standing in there and trying to make a throw where there isn't, and gets intercepted. Which Luck does.

RGIIIclutch.gif

Look at that foolish RG3. Running around to keep a play going. When has that, like, ever worked?

Oh wait.

The next play was a deep TD pass, by the way. Oh and, that gif was of a 4th and 10 play to extend or lose the game.

Wait...let me just...

1270716555880.gif

Sarcasm...