Luck vs rg3

Greenoughrunner

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mel Kiper (who started this whole mess :) ) said he would pick Luck over every QB in the last 20 years except for Elway. Basically, that's what he said by calling him the best pro prospect since Elway. Now, why didn't Kiper and every other scout heap the same praise on one Mr. Griffin? I can't answer that, but I can answer for myself. Because Griffin reminds me of Randal Cunningham. Sorry, I know they have the same skin color, but that's not why I said him. Randal was fast and thin (fragile is another word that comes to mind) and could throw a great deep ball. He attempted to stay in the pocket but he was quick to run, just like Griffin. Like him, Griffin will continue to lead all QB's in rushing until he gets absolutely plastered. You know it's true. So, some of you will say "Well, at least when he does pass, he's the best." That's because he only passes when he has a clean pocket. Chad Henne can do that. All NFL QB's can do that except Gabbert (sorry Blaine). When his pocket is gone, he either gets sacked or he runs...sometimes he runs so quick it looks like a designed run : O . Luck, oth, continues to make a large percentage of his passes with 260+ lb guys hanging on him. Griffin is incapable of doing that. Luck, in a clean pocket ( if he ever gets one) will be as accurate as Joe Montanna. The bottom line is, Luck has more good things going for him than Griffin and that fact will shine through like the sun on the Washington Monument.

Mel Kiper Jr and Todd McShay said that Luck was a once in a generation player. They've been saying that since his first year at Stanford. They looked at Griffin as a Big 12 qb who probably wouldn't be as successful right away. They believed that he was a blue chip player but it would take him sometime to adjust to the NFL game. If you look at he's not only been able to adjust quickly but he's one of the top players in the NFL. You did have some people who did believe that RG3 was the best player. They actually looked at film instead of just buying into the hype.

I don't think the NFL has every seen a player like RG3. When look for qbs to compare him to I can't find one because they don't exist. If you want to compare RG3 to anyone you would have to compare him to Aaron Rogers or Steve Young. They're pass first qbs with great mobility. RG3 has a similar skill-set.

There are a couples of things you've said about RG3 that is completely false. When pocket breaksdown he's still looking down field to pass the ball. I can actually cite a couple plays off the top of my head. In the Dallas game he was under intense pressure and he delivered very accurate throw to Josh Morgan for a ten yard gain. Against Philly the pocket was getting really tight and he delivered a pinpoint accurate 17 yard pass for a touchdown.

It's absurd for anyone to say that Luck has more good things going for him than RG3. What exactly is he doing that RG3 is doing better? RG3 is the 4th rated passer in the NFL. He leads all qbs in rushing. He is the total package at qb. I can't think of not one thing that Luck can do better than RG3.

RG3 Weekly Awards

5 time offensive rookie of the week

2 time offensive rookie of the month

2 time NFC offensive player of the week

2 time FedEx Air Player of the week

Mel Kiper Jr and Todd McShay said that Luck was a once in a generation player. They've been saying that since his first year at Stanford. They looked at Griffin as a Big 12 qb who probably wouldn't be as successful right away. They believed that he was a blue chip player but it would take him sometime to adjust to the NFL game. If you look at he's not only been able to adjust quickly but he's one of the top players in the NFL. You did have some people who did believe that RG3 was the best player. They actually looked at film instead of just buying into the hype.

I don't think the NFL has every seen a player like RG3. When look for qbs to compare him to I can't find one because they don't exist. If you want to compare RG3 to anyone you would have to compare him to Aaron Rogers or Steve Young. They're pass first qbs with great mobility. RG3 has a similar skill-set.

There are a couples of things you've said about RG3 that is completely false. When pocket breaksdown he's still looking down field to pass the ball. I can actually cite a couple plays off the top of my head. In the Dallas game he was under intense pressure and he delivered very accurate throw to Josh Morgan for a ten yard gain. Against Philly the pocket was getting really tight and he delivered a pinpoint accurate 17 yard pass for a touchdown.

It's absurd for anyone to say that Luck has more good things going for him than RG3. What exactly is he doing that RG3 is doing better? RG3 is the 4th rated passer in the NFL. He leads all qbs in rushing. He is the total package at qb. I can't think of not one thing that Luck can do better than RG3.

RG3 Weekly Awards

my eyes must lie, cause every skin game ive seen I dont see him sitting in the pocket and picking teams apart. I see a bunch of option plays, qb runs. or first read throws. so yeah, still not buying it. you can tell me its snowing all you want. I have a window and can look outside and see its NOT!!

RG3 Weekly Awards

I agree...

Hey, those were some nice wins over the elite Dolphins, Vikings, and Browns. You guys have had a rough schedule so far. I feel for ya. :(

Oh God. Next week is gonna be epic.

Didn't the Texicans have pretty much the same schedule as the Colts?

Yes next week will be epic for the Texans in @ Foxboro.

"The Texans defense, really it's quite beatable"-Aaron Rodgers with a forward by Chad Henne

"I can't feel my legs - the story of facing the Texans defense" - by Ryan Tannehill, with a foreword by Blaine Gabbert, Jake Locker, Matthew Stafford, Joe Flacco, and Ryan Fitzpatrick

my eyes must lie, cause every skin game ive seen I dont see him sitting in the pocket and picking teams apart. I see a bunch of option plays, qb runs. or first read throws. so yeah, still not buying it. you can tell me its snowing all you want. I have a window and can look outside and see its NOT!!

Just take a look at that Youtube video labeled RG3 throws 8 touchdown in 5 days. All of his passes were from the pocket. If you didn't see him in the pocket picking teams apart is because you never watched any of his games. You can say that Luck has more good things for him than RG3. But the rest of the rational word can see that he clearly does not. RG3 at this time is a better passer and a better player than Andrew Luck. It couldn't be anymore decisive.

I agree...

I want to ask you a question. If the roles were reversed and RG3 put Luck's numbers and Luck put up RG3's numbers do you think these Colt fans would say that RG3 is the better player because he got more wins? I strongly believe that wins wouldn't matter. It would be about individual performance.

"Why do I even bother with this place?" -Vance87

;)

Hey Vance! I would like to ask you a question about your Texans. We all know you got a great running game and one of the most underrated qbs in the league. We know your front seven is one of the best if not the best. What is your thoughts about your secondary? Out of your whole team that appears to be the only liability on your team.

Hey Vance! I would like to ask you a question about your Texans. We all know you got a great running game and one of the most underrated qbs in the league. We know your front seven is one of the best if not the best. What is your thoughts about your secondary? Out of your whole team that appears to be the only liability on your team.

Take away the last two weeks and the secondary has done great.

KJ has done very well for himself. Joseph has been OK but he has a nagging groin injury that has compromised his performance at times. He is not playing tomorrow and neither is his backup (I think), so we're down to the 4th and 5th string DBs. It's been rough injury wise as of late. We'll see what happens tomorrow

I want to ask you a question. If the roles were reversed and RG3 put Luck's numbers and Luck put up RG3's numbers do you think these Colt fans would say that RG3 is the better player because he got more wins? I strongly believe that wins wouldn't matter. It would be about individual performance.

You"re asking if the Colts and Redskins switched records and their QBs switched stats, would Colts fans say that RG3 was the better QB since he had more wins.

No.

I think a lot of the Colts fans are being homers and ate up all of the hype about Andrew Luck so they could justify the release of Peyton.

Just my opinion.

I'm ambivalent when it comes to Luck.