Luck vs rg3

Greenoughrunner

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You"re asking if the Colts and Redskins switched records and their QBs switched stats, would Colts fans say that RG3 was the better QB since he had more wins.

No.

I think a lot of the Colts fans are being homers and ate up all of the hype about Andrew Luck so they could justify the release of Peyton.

Just my opinion.

I'm ambivalent when it comes to Luck.

Or maybe a lot of Colts fans are just happy with Luck and the direction this team is going in.

Is that possible at all?

Is it possible we are happy with the kid? I don't want any other QB right now but Luck. I wanted Luck last season too when we started to look as if the first pick was ours.

I don't understand why we can't just be HAPPY with our team and our QB and leave it at that. Why do we always have these God awful QB threads. Even with Peyton we had them in terms of Brady and whomever and it often seemed to me at times some fans almost would have rather have had the "best" QB over the "best" team.

I always thought we had an insecure fanbase at times. Many were always jealous of Brady's postseason success but would never admit it so they just bashed him as system QB and still do.

Now some are jealous of RG3's stats and media hype at times so they have to find a way to bash this.

Because they got the best of the Colts in the Peyton Manning era. They ended our undefeated season 2005. They beat us in the playoffs in 07 and 08. Embarrassed us 2010. Sucks pretty bad lol.

Lol. They were PM's kryptonite, imagine how many Super Bowls he could have won if not for them.

I can't wait to see her new movie. She is favored early for the Oscar. :cheer2:

And they are starting to make the second Hunger Games. :disco:

Yeah, with Bradley Cooper? As soon as I saw that preview I was like, Yeah, gonna see it. Same thing for Catching Fire despite how melancholy I know I am going to feel afterward. Just seeing her will hopefully be a mood booster lol.

Mel Kiper Jr and Todd McShay said that Luck was a once in a generation player. They've been saying that since his first year at Stanford. They looked at Griffin as a Big 12 qb who probably wouldn't be as successful right away. They believed that he was a blue chip player but it would take him sometime to adjust to the NFL game. If you look at he's not only been able to adjust quickly but he's one of the top players in the NFL. You did have some people who did believe that RG3 was the best player. They actually looked at film instead of just buying into the hype.

I don't think the NFL has every seen a player like RG3. When look for qbs to compare him to I can't find one because they don't exist. If you want to compare RG3 to anyone you would have to compare him to Aaron Rogers or Steve Young. They're pass first qbs with great mobility. RG3 has a similar skill-set.

There are a couples of things you've said about RG3 that is completely false. When pocket breaksdown he's still looking down field to pass the ball. I can actually cite a couple plays off the top of my head. In the Dallas game he was under intense pressure and he delivered very accurate throw to Josh Morgan for a ten yard gain. Against Philly the pocket was getting really tight and he delivered a pinpoint accurate 17 yard pass for a touchdown.

It's absurd for anyone to say that Luck has more good things going for him than RG3. What exactly is he doing that RG3 is doing better? RG3 is the 4th rated passer in the NFL. He leads all qbs in rushing. He is the total package at qb. I can't think of not one thing that Luck can do better than RG3.

RG3 Weekly Awards

5 time offensive rookie of the week

2 time offensive rookie of the month

2 time NFC offensive player of the week

2 time FedEx Air Player of the week

And exactly what does the Weekly awards prove?

Another thing that doesn't make sense to me and i'm gonna assume your an RGIII fan by what I have read from this thread and the fact that your seemingly a new member. . .

Why do you feel the need to come to a colts board and tout RGIII as being the greatest thing since sliced bread? Are you really that insecure about who is better?

I can tell you one stat where RGIII isn't better than Luck. Thats W's and L's and really that's all that matters. Everybody (media pundits) said that Washington was a playoff caliber team where as the Colts would be picking top 5 again, yet it seems like we are in the driver seat to make the playoffs. While the vaunted skins aren't.

And before you go on about how injured you guys are so is everybody else. We have our #2 WR on IR, #2DB on IR. Our offensive line is a patchwork line at best. Our two best defensive players have been on the field together for all of 3 games.

I am so sick of the RGIII media circus that is ongoing. As much as I would love to see Luck get ROY, I know it wont happen because he(RGIII) is the newest flash in the pan QB. He's Vick 2.0 as much as you don't wanna admit it, RGIII is showing and blowing up just like Vick.

Again I personally think he is a good QB but for all the hype surrounding him you would think that he should be taking the skins to the next level. . . .

On a side note, when Peyton left Indy; I thought that this forum would be done with which qb is better threads. . . .guess I was hopin for too much.

You"re asking if the Colts and Redskins switched records and their QBs switched stats, would Colts fans say that RG3 was the better QB since he had more wins.

No.

I think a lot of the Colts fans are being homers and ate up all of the hype about Andrew Luck so they could justify the release of Peyton.

Just my opinion.

I'm ambivalent when it comes to Luck.

I totally agree :)

And on a side note, boy did this thread degenerate quickly. Mustve been a lot of drinkin goin on tonight. (At least i hope thats what as to blame) :D.

Weedon has more wins than Luck and Griffin combined........ In the MLB minor leagues. Completely irelelevant I know but it its the sorta thing people have been using to support their arguments.

Seriously I've lost a lot of respect for some posters on here reading their replies in this topic, can't you see this what Skip wanted?! Divide and conquer :P

Who in the world is Billy Volek? lmao I don't even want to know how the punter did it hahaha

Volek was the best true career backup I can think of, no joke. I never understood how it was that he never got a shot at a starting gig because he was solid-to-great when pressed into action. At the very least he should have had a career not unlike Kyle Orton's instead of having less than a full season's worth of action in a 12 year career.

Weedon has more wins than Luck and Griffin combined........ In the MLB minor leagues. Completely irelelevant I know but it its the sorta thing people have been using to support their arguments.

Seriously I've lost a lot of respect for some posters on here reading their replies in this topic, can't you see this what Skip wanted?! Divide and conquer :P

I've just exceeded my 'likes' quota :(

My final post in this thread. For what it is worth. And I'll probably be repeating myself.

1. The vast majority of Colts fans on here think Griffin is a very good rookie. They are just really really bored with all the super hype that non Colts fans are laying on Griffin on our own board. And not just the new posters that pop on to stir the pot. Pathetic.

2. A lot of of Colts fans acknowledge that Griffin has been more accurate so far, but are of the opinion that this is due to the kind of offense both teams are running, and that Luck will be better in the long run. Nothing wrong with both sides of the argument, but the Griffin fans can't accept we have a different opinion, and continually bleat on about his accuracy / current rookie ratings etc. Whilst ignoring many of Luck's.

3. Still several Colts fans jumping on the pro-Griffin / anti-Luck bandwagon because Peyton was cut. Pathetic.

4. Hidden trolls. Long term posters of other teams (excluding RGIII / QBoy), who pretend to want to be nice about our team, but at every given opportunity, deep in the underbelly of long threads, start picking away at our team, our fans, our players and our state (well, your state, but my adopted one if you will have me). Pathetic.

Finally, I have just accepted a new job. Although based in London to start with, my new boss is based in Houston. OMG.....where is that one gonna go!!

Enjoy the rest of the thread.....

Don't forget that BIG category that has Zero Super Bowls. As a Texan's fan, you should know that one very well. Matt Schaub, Jim Zorn, Brian Sipes, Ken Anderson, etc..etc....oh, and Randal Cunningham.

I know you say you are not comparing him to Cunningham because he's black but you are. If RG3 was white nobody would say that. Watch him play people. He's a pass first QB just like the 4th down conversion against the giants he was looking down the field the whole time. And Cunninghams accuracy can't touch RG3's RG3 can make every throw with pin point accuracy. WATCH THE GAMES. watch all Lucks games too he's brilliant. Most people are commenting in Griffins play by just looking at stats and seeing his highlites where they just show big runs like the 76 yarder against the Vikings.

Another thing that doesn't make sense to me and i'm gonna assume your an RGIII fan by what I have read from this thread and the fact that your seemingly a new member. . .

Why do you feel the need to come to a colts board and tout RGIII as being the greatest thing since sliced bread? Are you really that insecure about who is better?

I can tell you one stat where RGIII isn't better than Luck. Thats W's and L's and really that's all that matters. Everybody (media pundits) said that Washington was a playoff caliber team where as the Colts would be picking top 5 again, yet it seems like we are in the driver seat to make the playoffs. While the vaunted skins aren't.

And before you go on about how injured you guys are so is everybody else. We have our #2 WR on IR, #2DB on IR. Our offensive line is a patchwork line at best. Our two best defensive players have been on the field together for all of 3 games.

I am so sick of the RGIII media circus that is ongoing. As much as I would love to see Luck get ROY, I know it wont happen because he(RGIII) is the newest flash in the pan QB. He's Vick 2.0 as much as you don't wanna admit it, RGIII is showing and blowing up just like Vick.

Again I personally think he is a good QB but for all the hype surrounding him you would think that he should be taking the skins to the next level. . . .

On a side note, when Peyton left Indy; I thought that this forum would be done with which qb is better threads. . . .guess I was hopin for too much.

I get what your saying about wins and losses. But it's not like the colts are 10-1 and the Skins are 3-8. The seasons not over RG3 might lead the Skins to a better record then the colts. They are only 2 games better right now. If you lose to the Lions today and the skins win they are only back 1 game. What Im saying is its not a gurantee Luck will have more wins and then if that happens then what?

My final post in this thread. For what it is worth. And I'll probably be repeating myself.

1. The vast majority of Colts fans on here think Griffin is a very good rookie. They are just really really bored with all the super hype that non Colts fans are laying on Griffin on our own board. And not just the new posters that pop on to stir the pot. Pathetic.

2. A lot of of Colts fans acknowledge that Griffin has been more accurate so far, but are of the opinion that this is due to the kind of offense both teams are running, and that Luck will be better in the long run. Nothing wrong with both sides of the argument, but the Griffin fans can't accept we have a different opinion, and continually bleat on about his accuracy / current rookie ratings etc. Whilst ignoring many of Luck's.

3. Still several Colts fans jumping on the pro-Griffin / anti-Luck bandwagon because Peyton was cut. Pathetic.

4. Hidden trolls. Long term posters of other teams (excluding RGIII / QBoy), who pretend to want to be nice about our team, but at every given opportunity, deep in the underbelly of long threads, start picking away at our team, our fans, our players and our state (well, your state, but my adopted one if you will have me). Pathetic.

Finally, I have just accepted a new job. Although based in London to start with, my new boss is based in Houston. OMG.....where is that one gonna go!!

well said sir. thank you for the post. i quit responding rationally a long time ago.

Or maybe a lot of Colts fans are just happy with Luck and the direction this team is going in.

Is that possible at all?

Is it possible we are happy with the kid? I don't want any other QB right now but Luck. I wanted Luck last season too when we started to look as if the first pick was ours.

I don't understand why we can't just be HAPPY with our team and our QB and leave it at that. Why do we always have these God awful QB threads. Even with Peyton we had them in terms of Brady and whomever and it often seemed to me at times some fans almost would have rather have had the "best" QB over the "best" team.

I always thought we had an insecure fanbase at times. Many were always jealous of Brady's postseason success but would never admit it so they just bashed him as system QB and still do.

Now some are jealous of RG3's stats and media hype at times so they have to find a way to bash this.

What I don't get is how any Colts fan could be passionate about Andrew Luck. He has only been on the Colts a few months, he hasn't really won anything, he hasn't really dominated any games (maybe the Miami game) we just just had a decade with the father of modern quarter backs, in Peyton Manning, who is still playing and playing at a high level.

I'm just indifferent. To me he is just another rookie on the Colts. He is nothing more, nothing less. Just another rookie who has to prove himself worthy of the pick. And he has a long way to go.

I get what your saying about wins and losses. But it's not like the colts are 10-1 and the Skins are 3-8. The seasons not over RG3 might lead the Skins to a better record then the colts. They are only 2 games better right now. If you lose to the Lions today and the skins win they are only back 1 game. What Im saying is its not a gurantee Luck will have more wins and then if that happens then what?

You need to move on and let it go!

Is that possible at all?

That could definitely be possible if people didn't wind up resorting to taking digs at the other player or other player's fans in the process of defending their own guy.

I do agree with you that I also feel we have an insecure fanbase. I agree with what was said a few pages earlier that quite a few people (not all, but quite a few) bought into all of the Luck hype and started taking it to an extreme to make themselves feel better about losing Manning. I also think there are people who were more on the fence between RG3 and Luck than they'd ever let on and so they have to go all on board with Luck and diss on RG3 to make themselves feel better.

You're being very kind, and imo innacurate, by saying the "vast majority." I've read far more posts on here trashing RG3 than commending him for also being a good QB. People always resort to the same things, "he's the next Vick" (he's a far better passer even at this stage than Vick ever was, though that's not saying much), "he'll never last a full season because he's a running QB" (he's NOT a running QB, in fact a study was done and it was proven that, in college, Luck was quicker to scramble than RG3 was but Colts fans and Luck fans conveniently ignore this) etc etc.

I also don't see all of the super hype that non Colts fans are laying on Griffin on this board. I see more of RG3 fans coming to defend him from the constant barrage of insults and degradation that come FROM Colts fans towards RG3.

I mostly agree, though I think there are just as many Colts fans that stir the pot regarding the alleged "dink and dunk offense of the redskins" as there are RG3 fans who stir the pot claiming his unheralded accuracy. It's a two way street.

I haven't seen this at all, at least not in this thread. I know there are still a few lingering fans who are still upset that Manning is gone but I hardly see any posts from them. I recall one thread that was started by such a member in the last month or so. Now granted, I don't read every single post in every single thread but I think there are a few people who are making this out to be more than it is. I would say the vast majority of Manning fans have indeed moved on and accepted that he's no longer our QB and are enjoying and embracing the new direction of the team while still cheering on Peyton and wishing him success as well.

Well, to be perfectly honest I have no comment or feeling on this point, except to reiterate what I said above that many (not all, but many) of the "fanboys" of other teams only come on only to defend their player or team in the fact of overzealous colts fans who go way overboard in trying to diminish the success of said player or team.

congrats on the new job. I hope it works out well for you. I interviewed for a new job this past Friday and the VP of the company came in wearing jeans and a Patriots hoodie. Once we got comfortable with each other and were able to joke around a little bit, I asked if the Patriots jersey was supposed to be some sort of test of how I react in the fact of adversity. lol

One final point, the only thing I personally find pathetic are those who can't express an opinion about someone else, another player or another team without being hypocritical and hyper-judgemental.

just my $0.02.

What I don't get is how any Colts fan could be passionate about Andrew Luck. He has only been on the Colts a few months, he hasn't really won anything, he hasn't really dominated any games (maybe the Miami game) we just just had a decade with the father of modern quarter backs, in Peyton Manning, who is still playing and playing at a high level.

I'm just indifferent. To me he is just another rookie on the Colts. He is nothing more, nothing less. Just another rookie who has to prove himself worthy of the pick. And he has a long way to go.

That one is easy man we are Fans of the Colts as you said. What is the term fan short for?

fa·nat·ic/fəˈnatik/

Noun:

A person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal, esp. for an extreme religious or political cause.

Adjective:

Filled with or expressing excessive zeal.

As for this entire topic/thread with just over a half season played your sample size for comparing these two amazing athletes is far too small. Both will be great additions to their teams for years to come. Who is better ? only time will tell.

You need to move on and let it go!

I think this applies to the whole RG3 vs. Luck argument to be honest. Everyone needs to move on and let it go. They are in entirely different offensive systems and are being asked to do very different things. Both are having far more success than anyone expected out of either of them and they both look like they will have long and successful careers. RG3 fans cheer for RG3 and Luck fans cheer for Luck. Forget about what the other guy is doing and stop listening to the media crap. Before the season, the media so far up Luck's backside he was pooping microphones, and anyone who wasn't completely enamored with Luck got just as sick and tired of it as many of those enamored Luck fans are currently getting tired of the overzealous hero worship of RG3 that's occurring now. RG3 having success does not detract in any way from the accomplishments Luck has had so far and will have in the future, and any accomplishments Luck has will not detract from RG3. They can both exist in the same league and both be successful without taking anything away from the other. We have a very good qb and washington has a very good qb. Is it really that important that everyone on the planet agree that 'your guy' is the absolute very bestest?

What?! Who said Washington was a Playoff caliber team? I dont know of ANYONE in the media that has said that. We're routinely put in the bottom of our division by the media.

Edited by Nadine
personal shot

That could definitely be possible if people didn't wind up resorting to taking digs at the other player or other player's fans in the process of defending their own guy.

Because its so long, I won't quote the whole thing FJ, but I agree with pretty much everything you said. Its like 2 people on a block that have really nice houses. If you want your house to be recognized as the best, do you add on and build up, or do you go and knock your neighbor's house down? Its like a political race...instead of expounding on your merits, let's smear the other guy! :)

I'm think pretty much everything I've ever posted on RG3 was in response to something said that I felt was inaccurate - and did so without ever saying anything negative towards Luck. In fact, over the first month of the season, I was posting long "game film" threads on Luck heavily praising him. I quit doing it because of the time involved to put it all in a thread the luke warm reaction, but I still watch every snap repeatedly on both Luck and RG3, ....and Weedon and Tannehil and Wilson, and a bunch of other guys. I have my favorite like everyone else here, and its based on hours of film study of all of them.

In the end though, no one's mind is going to change here until a couple years have passed and one of them really separates himself from the other. And that may not even happen. Frankly I hope it doesn't happen because I would love a Johnson/Bird rivalry of sorts in the NFL - wish there was more inter-conference games. I loved watching every time Peyton and Brady played - too bad it wasn't in the super bowl. For the record, I think Peyton is the better of the two, but I have no comeback to those that say playoff wins and super bowls. It is just my gut and my personal criteria and I don't expect to be able to convince any Brady fan otherwise. Same reason I like Marino so much. And the same for Luck/RG3 - its in your gut and your own personal criteria. It could just be that both are so ahead of the curve that there is no wrong answer.

eh...I could keep going, but its the same arguments being rehashed here over and over since the season started. If you haven't switched sides by now, then maybe in a couple years if something drastic changes....otherwise its most likely none of us will change sides ever. I'd be happy with either one of them.

That one is easy man we are Fans of the Colts as you said. What is the term fan short for?

fa·nat·ic/fəˈnatik/

Noun:

A person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal, esp. for an extreme religious or political cause.

Adjective:

Filled with or expressing excessive zeal.

As for this entire topic/thread with just over a half season played your sample size for comparing these two amazing athletes is far too small. Both will be great additions to their teams for years to come. Who is better ? only time will tell.

I bet most Colts fans aren't as passionate about Vontae Davis as they are about Luck.

If a poster said so and so corner is playing better than Davis, I bet it wouldn't be a big deal.

I just wish people would be objective. I root for Luck to do good because he is a member of the Colts but like I said before, he needs to prove himself successful before i become a passionate fan of his. I'm a Colts fan and not an Andrew Luck fan. Maybe I will be one day.

So to me Luck is just another unproven rookie on the 53 man roster.

So when someone says RG3 is playing better than Andrew Luck, i agree, because he is. There is also a possibility that RG3 is the better player.

Time will tell!

I bet most Colts fans aren't as passionate about Vontae Davis as they are about Luck.

If a poster said so and so corner is playing better than Davis, I bet it wouldn't be a big deal.

I just wish people would be objective. I root for Luck to do good because he is a member of the Colts but like I said before, he needs to prove himself successful before i become a passionate fan of his. I'm a Colts fan and not an Andrew Luck fan. Maybe I will be one day.

So when someone says RG3 is playing better than Andrew Luck, i agree, because he is. There is also a possibility that RG3 is the better player.

Time will tell!

My favorite line when it comes to these debates lol.

I remember a couple months ago or so, there was a thread here talking about the best QBs of all time, and everyone had their list and they were all different. Too many different criteria. If Luck's name eventually comes up in those discussions, that's the best you can ask for. "Joe Montana was better than Johnny Unitas!" I could build a case for either one. What does it really mean to anybody?

I bet I could build a case for Russell Wilson for ROY too. :)

I honestly look at it differently. Colts fans are used to putting their QB vs. another one. Brady and Manning. And then argue for pages how Manning is better. Not just pages but sometimes days/months and years. It is still going on actually.

It's in their system. Not everyone but in many internal systems for internet fun.

Now they are going to do the same with Luck vs. RG3 since it's the closest most reliable thing one can get right now to fill the void.

And since RG3 supporters often use his stats and Luck fans often use his wins and clutch play in close games....ironically Colts fans sound more like Pats fans of the past and RG3 fans more like Colts fans of the past.

That is my loopy breakdown.......

Sometimes maybe you become what you hate. Maybe we have the new Brady and the Skins the new Peyton. lmao But, many wanted Peyton 2.0 and see the better stats in RG3 at times and feel slight nostalgia and envy even if our new QB currently has more wins.

JMO

heeh... yep...

All hail Robert Griffin the 3rd!!!!! Poster RGlll has converted me, Colts messed up drafting Luck!!!!! Hal loo ya!!!!! Robert Griffin the 3rd is the NFL lord and savior, all kneel down to the next god! Robert Griffin the 3rd will lower the sea levels and peace will flow over the world and will be the future 10 time in a row starting next year Super Bowl winner all by himself in a team of 1< That called sarcasm Shelden... :}LOL

You can't talk to W.Redskin homers, I'll skip all their comments from now on!!!!! skip mine I don't give a rats tookus, this forum is for Colts fans and all others are trolls that need to be ignored and which I will be doing!!!!!

Go Colts!!!!!

I really don't get why they keep coming here... Just imagine how bad it COULD be if they were winning more than Indy... :)

I really don't get why they keep coming here... Just imagine how bad it COULD be if they were winning more than Indy... :)

Really? With the post that you quoted, you dont know why rg3 fans come here? Dont want them here? Then colts fans need to stop sending out the invitations with ridiculous posts like the one you quoted. ;)

Both are good young qbs. Life would be more peaceful in these threads if people on both sides just agreed to that.

Actually it is ESPN that controls how bad things get...

Tomorrow will be a new wave of LUCK LOVE.... and "what will RG3 do to trump Luck?" and that is totally unfair to both players. Both are in totally different situations.

Time will tell!

Laughable.

Vontae Davis has barely played. Secondly, he's a CB. He has no where near the impact on a game that a QB has. He doesn't control a game like a QB. You really don't understand why someone would be more passionate for a guy like Luck over a CB? Do you think people were as passionate about Jason David as they were Peyton Manning?

Luck has led 5 game winning drives already as a rookie, including one yesterday that was as good as any Manning ever led. What exactly are you waiting for him to prove to you? To claim he is "just another unproven rookie " is absurd. He's a rookie carrying this team into the playoffs at this rate. And yet, you are the one telling people to be objective? LOL

If i didn't know any better, i would almost think you are either a Skins fan or a Manning fan who is still bitter over the decision. Because your post here is awful.