Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What should we do with waivers? [Merge]

colts 101

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just keep in mind any person that is picked up means that another player has to be cut and that the contract of anyone waived, would have to fit under the salary cap or the NFL won't sign off on the move.

I'm sure there are a few guy's on the roster that Grigs and Pagano wouldn't mind shipping off to pick up some better talent.

I'm sure there are a few guy's on the roster that Grigs and Pagano wouldn't mind shipping off to pick up some better talent.

Of course. In some cases, ti would be as easy as New Nose Tackle replaces Nose tackle 2, and in others a player might be a tweener at OLB/DE, so if he's picked up one from those two positions could vanish.

I'd like to take a look at Gerard Warren

Gerard Warren from the Patriots NT 330lbs he is 34yrs old but just the vet minimum just a glue guy for 6 six weeks or whenever Chapman can contribute fully

If Warren has been released, he is a free agent. He doesn't have to clear waivers, and is free to sign a new contract since his previous one with the Patriots would be void upon release.

The first round of cuts aren't going to be good players. If they were good, they wouldn't have gotten cut. You might find some serviceable players after teams finalize their rosters.

While I agree that it is unlikely to find a good player that is being waived, it wouldn't necessarily take a good player to be an upgrade at some of the thinner positions on our roster. Our starting RT is a guy we essentially picked up from Philly for a bag of peanuts. Even castoffs could be an upgrade for our team at some positions.

quick question? I have a link here and I just want some confirmation of is that Olsen or not.

http://bleacherrepor...season-showdown

Where it says Breaking down Luck's day on the picture under that is that Greg Olsen at guard getting drove like that causing Luck to show his pocket awareness and make a little dump pass to Wayne i believe? That's just unacceptable and he allowed 2 sacks in the same series

all focus for Grigson should be on OG when they hit the waiver wire. RG in particular because thats where the most pressure is coming from(from McGlynn to Olsen). It just has to be some better guards out there available in a couple of days

Agree with this need, but I really think Inside LB in a HUGE NEED, People are complaining about run defense this is the area of weekness IMO.

quick question? I have a link here and I just want some confirmation of is that Olsen or not.

http://bleacherrepor...season-showdown

Where it says Breaking down Luck's day on the picture under that is that Greg Olsen at guard getting drove like that causing Luck to show his pocket awareness and make a little dump pass to Wayne i believe? That's just unacceptable and he allowed 2 sacks in the same series

Looks like Reitz to me, I would have to know what play that was

This was posted on Rotoworld a few minutes ago...I thought we had first dibs on players placed on waivers? I know it's complicated, hoping someone can shed some light on this. I'm not saying we should have claimed this player, just questioning why the Steelers got to claim him before us, unless we did something and I missed it.

Steelers claimed RB DuJuan Harris off waivers from the Jaguars.

A smallish scat back out of Troy, Harris spent the majority of last season on Jacksonville's practice squad before a late-season promotion. He's unlikely to make the Steelers' final roster with Chris Rainey and Baron Batch filling the same role.

This was posted on Rotoworld a few minutes ago...I thought we had first dibs on players placed on waivers? I know it's complicated, hoping someone can shed some light on this. I'm not saying we should have claimed this player, just questioning why the Steelers got to claim him before us, unless we did something and I missed it.

A smallish scat back out of Troy, Harris spent the majority of last season on Jacksonville's practice squad before a late-season promotion. He's unlikely to make the Steelers' final roster with Chris Rainey and Baron Batch filling the same role.

I'm guessing we passed on him.

a team terminates the players contract, releasing him from his duties

Before the player becomes a free agent, he hits the Waiver Wire

When his name goes on the waiver wire, every team in the NFL has the option to pick up the players original contract (the one

the player originally signed with his now former team)

The Waiver Wire is like the NFL Draft in that teams with the worst records get first crack at the players who have been released

Once a team passes on the player then they cannot go back and claim him(in this case we obviously passed on him)

If no team signs the player, then he becomes an unrestrictd free agent.

a team terminates the players contract, releasing him from his duties

Before the player becomes a free agent, he hits the Waiver Wire

When his name goes on the waiver wire, every team in the NFL has the option to pick up the players original contract (the one

the player originally signed with his now former team)

The Waiver Wire is like the NFL Draft in that teams with the worst records get first crack at the players who have been released

Once a team passes on the player then they cannot go back and claim him(in this case we obviously passed on him)

If no team signs the player, then he becomes an unrestrictd free agent.

That is 100% accurate in some cases. If a player has less than 4 years of service that is the process. If a player has 4 years or more of service then they when they are cut they are a free agent, up until the trading deadline(week 6), at that point everyone has to pass through the waiver wire.

After September 25th the waiver order is based on the 2012 standings as opposed to the 2012 draft order.

What do u mean great?!? He would be a much better tackle anyways

Yes, thats why our coaches that have yrs. and yrs. of experience evaluating players have decided to play him at guard. They probably just said, the heck with it, he's a better tackle, but were going to keep him at guard for the heck of it. In case you're having trouble deciphering that, that was called......sarcasm.