Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What should we do with waivers? [Merge]

colts 101

Was this already posted? If so, sorry. (From Colts.com)

The Indianapolis Colts today placed the following players on the Injured Reserve List: OT-George Fostericon-article-link.gif, NT-Brandon McKinneyicon-article-link.gif and WR-Griff Whalenicon-article-link.gif. In addition, the Colts placed OG-Justin Andersonicon-article-link.gif on the Physically Unable to Perform List and NT-Josh Chapmanicon-article-link.gif on the Reserve/Non-Football Injury List.

With the five moves today, along with the 11 waived players and the trade for CB-Vontae Davisicon-article-link.gif yesterday, the Colts have reached the league-mandated 75-man roster.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, thats why our coaches that have yrs. and yrs. of experience evaluating players have decided to play him at guard. They probably just said, the heck with it, he's a better tackle, but were going to keep him at guard for the heck of it. In case you're having trouble deciphering that, that was called......sarcasm.

Ya he is so good at guard, guess that's why he did so good against the redskins. He has the size of a offensive tackle, how many elite guards in the nfl are 6'7, guards are not suppose to be that tall, he will easily get blown up by defensive tackles this season. I'm 100% sure he would be a better tackle but guess we will never know.

How many 6 foot 7 guards do u know that end up becoming succesful guards in the nfl, please name some?

name alot of 6'7 football players period. thats not a good reason to move a productive guard(for the most part) to a position he has little experience at(probably no experience) at tackle. thats not smart. all thats going to do is make two huge holes at both guard positions.

name alot of 6'7 football players period. thats not a good reason to move a productive guard(for the most part) to a position he has little experience at(probably no experience) at tackle. thats not smart. all thats going to do is make two huge holes at both guard positions.

Well we could sign deuce lutui, we need big guards, I'm not talking 6'7 range I'm talking the 6'1 to 6'5 range 315-340 pounds, reitz being a former basketball player is also another reason to make the switch sometime this year or next year, one of the coaches(whether it be with the colts or another team) will think about this and eventually move him to tackle. I can personally guarantee that. His athletic ability should make the transition to tackle easy, it wouldn't take that long for him to get comfortable at the tackle spot. I mean come on, WINSTON JUSTICE?!?!?! Have u seen him play? Dude scares me. And seth Olsen? To small. We are in trouble

Well we could sign deuce lutui, we need big guards, I'm not talking 6'7 range I'm talking the 6'1 to 6'5 range 315-340 pounds, reitz being a former basketball player is also another reason to make the switch sometime this year or next year, one of the coaches(whether it be with the colts or another team) will think about this and eventually move him to tackle. I can personally guarantee that. His athletic ability should make the transition to tackle easy, it wouldn't take that long for him to get comfortable at the tackle spot. I mean come on, WINSTON JUSTICE?!?!?! Have u seen him play? Dude scares me. And seth Olsen? To small. We are in trouble

:facepalm: You can't guarantee anything so I won't even address that. I also got news for ya. Reitz came into the league as a tackle with the Ravens and he was so great at it that they cut him. It wasn't until he was moved to guard when he started to have some success. Is it a possibility they try him out at tackle one of these days? Sure it is, but I'll wait for the coaches to make that decision if they see fit, until then he's a guard and has been doing a pretty good job at it.

:facepalm: You can't guarantee anything so I won't even address that. I also got news for ya. Reitz came into the league as a tackle with the Ravens and he was so great at it that they cut him. It wasn't until he was moved to guard when he started to have some success. Is it a possibility they try him out at tackle one of these days? Sure it is, but I'll wait for the coaches to make that decision if they see fit, until then he's a guard and has been doing a pretty good job at it.

Well now that he has been playing football longer, and has more experience being a starter then why not. I mean I wonder how many chances he got in the first place with the ravens?!? It was his first rookie camp and had to go up against the ravens defense, give him a break

Well now that he has been playing football longer, and has more experience being a starter then why not. I mean I wonder how many chances he got in the first place with the ravens?!? It was his first rookie camp and had to go up against the ravens defense, give him a break

Why should anybody take your word for it over experienced NFL coaches that literally see him everyday in practice? If they thought for 1 second that moving Reitz to tackle and Justice to guard would improve the line even in the slightest, it would have already have been done.

Why should anybody take your word for it over experienced NFL coaches that literally see him everyday in practice? If they thought for 1 second that moving Reitz to tackle and Justice to guard would improve the line even in the slightest, it would have already have been done.

Just wait till halfway through the season at the most, we will see some changes. Unless there is a miracle and reitz breaks on through to the other side, and ends up being good this year, but I doubt it

Just wait till halfway through the season at the most, we will see some changes. Unless there is a miracle and reitz breaks on through to the other side, and ends up being good this year, but I doubt it

Why? Whats going to happen half way through the season? You can't possibly believe they will just move Reitz to tackle in the middle of the season do you?