Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Can Someone Explain to me Why Our Home Jersey's are.....

Horseshoe

If we Wear the Blue ones come Sunday, maybe we did Flip it. Blue= Away White= Home

That would prove nothing.

The home team gets the choice. The Redskins wore white for years dating back to before Gibbs first tenure. When Shanahan took over he changed it to the dark jersey as their home jersey.

As others have pointed it out is likely to do with the heat and the roof being open. From a planning stand point the next home preseason game needs to be with the roof shut since quite a few of the players haven't played indoors.

Some teams wear a multitude of colors at home. The Panthers for instance will wear white for their early season home games they will wear blue once or twice and then finish with their black jerseys.

Pagano might have made a switch but nothing has formally been announced.

That would prove nothing.

The home team gets the choice. The Redskins wore white for years dating back to before Gibbs first tenure. When Shanahan took over he changed it to the dark jersey as their home jersey.

As others have pointed it out is likely to do with the heat and the roof being open. From a planning stand point the next home preseason game needs to be with the roof shut since quite a few of the players haven't played indoors.

Some teams wear a multitude of colors at home. The Panthers for instance will wear white for their early season home games they will wear blue once or twice and then finish with their black jerseys.

Pagano might have made a switch but nothing has formally been announced.

I'd vote for Blue on Sunday cause we're under the Lights. And if we're going by the Heat, then we'll definitely be wearing Blue at Home since it's not too many Hot days in Sept. But with global warming, who knows?

sometimes i think it has to do with player cuts.If you wearing your road whites at home in the preseason,you only have to have 1 jersey for all the players that are going to get cut. The colts have done it for along time.

That is simply not accurate.

I'd vote for Blue on Sunday cause we're under the Lights. And if we're going by the Heat, then we'll definitely be wearing Blue at Home since it's not too many Hot days in Sept. But with global warming, who knows?

Sunday it's up for Pittsburgh to choose what they will wear. They might even break out their Hamburgler costumes. If they choose white, the Colts will be in Blue. If they choose Black or the throwback the Colts will wear white.

Sunday it's up for Pittsburgh to choose what they will wear. They might even break out their Hamburgler costumes. If they choose white, the Colts will be in Blue. If they choose Black or the throwback the Colts will wear white.

The hamburgeler? What uniforms are those?

Honestly when I walked into LOS on Sunday and saw the Rams wearing blue I thought the Colts were going with that throwback with the blue helmets. I was disappointed. I do believe they wore white because the roof was open and it was a bit warm. However, they could have at least brought back the blue pants. Right?

Cowboys always wear white at home for some reason. I assume it was just because it was early August and hot.

I *believe* the Cowboys wear white at home more for luck than anything else. They traditionally wore the white ones due to heat (like others have previously stated), but they wore the dark jerseys at home a few times and they lost some big games and those jerseys haven't been seen in Dallas for about 20/30 years or something like that.

-d.

White? They have always been blue, so why were we wearing white jersey's at home in the pre season? We need the blue at home lol

IMO, Indy in the "All White" with black kicks is one of the 4 or 5 best looks in all of college or Pro football. They look awesome in those plane Jane unis.

My favorite 5

1 Colts all white

2 Raiders black and grey... a very studdly look

3 Notre Dame... Dark Blue jersey gold pants

4 Michigan... the best helmet in all of the universe.

5x..... Penn St (scratch if TPTB put names on the back), Alabama, Texas, and ... I use to love the old Tampa Bay orange unis.....

Bills and Chargers have always got my attention......

I know I'm the new fan and my opinion counts much less... I get that....

But I think the Whites with the blue trim are classic. Really eye catching.

I don't dislike the Blue at all... I'm sure I'll love them... but the Whites are nice................ :heart:

Right ON... I wish Indy wore the all white ALL the time... like the Cowboys use to unless a team forced them to change.

I do dislike the Blue jerseys. The all whits is "classic" and a very "traditional" look... which still today looks stellar.

The Blue just does not look as good for some reason IMO. Indy tried blue pants with the white jerseys and it was ok.. but the all white just looks GOOD.

Manning wears Colts white... SB win. Manning wears Colts blue...... SB L... :(

It's the uni .... it matters. hehe..

I know I'm the new fan and my opinion counts much less... I get that....

But I think the Whites with the blue trim are classic. Really eye catching.

I don't dislike the Blue at all... I'm sure I'll love them... but the Whites are nice................ :heart:

I'm new to this board also. With you on this one, the white jerseys are very sharp.

I'm new to this board also. With you on this one, the white jerseys are very sharp.

I'm a really big fan of the white jersey. I also like the throwback a lot. But in this case with all that's happened, it's nice to have familiarity. I'd rather of seen blue for our home game opener. Unless they decided to go all new and switch them permenantly.

White? They have always been blue, so why were we wearing white jersey's at home in the pre season? We need the blue at home lol

problem with white masks is difficulty seeing the ball through them. makes catches much more difficult.

problem with blue helmets is they are more difficult for the QB to find.

best for football is:....

white helmets

white shirts

dark face masks

pants and shoes colors can be for "looks" for the fans.

1st I said, I think. 2nd you say it's not accurate,but you back that up with what?

I back it up with my intimate knowledge of all things Colts. They are not saving time or coin by only have having white jerseys with names on them. In fact, it is just the opposite. In 2010, the Colts wore throwback white uni's & blue helmets at home for a preseason game against the Niners so not only did they not save the time/expense of only putting names on the regular white jerseys in preseason, they did it for all 3 jerseys that year - throwback whites, regular road whites and regular home blue.

They just decided to change it up on Sunday. No other explanation necessary.

It was done on purpose...Irsay even tweeted about it on game day. They were wearing the white because it reflects the light, The roof was opened up so he wanted the the sun to shine down on the Home Team side.........I personally like the all white at home...its clean and just looks really smooth.

steelers-throwback-jerseys-redman.jpg

hamburglar.gif

I guess they could be the Roethlisburgler.

Live in Indiana. My next door neighbor just returned from Pittsburgh yesterday and brought home some Roethlis "Burgers". World famous #7 from a sandwich shop called peppi's. Yummy sausage, cheese, and sauce sandwich. If you go there, don't miss it ! ! ! See menu at www.peppisubs.com . I'm just sayin'.

Live in Indiana. My next door neighbor just returned from Pittsburgh yesterday and brought home some Roethlis "Burgers". World famous #7 from a sandwich shop called peppi's. Yummy sausage, cheese, and sauce sandwich. If you go there, don't miss it ! ! ! See menu at www.peppisubs.com . I'm just sayin'.

Thanks for the tip/info. It sounds worth trying. I just don't see myself getting lost and ending up in Pittsburgh.