Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Can Someone Explain to me Why Our Home Jersey's are.....

Horseshoe

I back it up with my intimate knowledge of all things Colts. They are not saving time or coin by only have having white jerseys with names on them. In fact, it is just the opposite. In 2010, the Colts wore throwback white uni's & blue helmets at home for a preseason game against the Niners so not only did they not save the time/expense of only putting names on the regular white jerseys in preseason, they did it for all 3 jerseys that year - throwback whites, regular road whites and regular home blue.

They just decided to change it up on Sunday. No other explanation necessary.

1st I said nothing about time or coin I just said I think that's why they do it . 2nd they have worn white jerseys in lot's of home games in the preseason for a long time. so your statement is still wrong.

1st I said nothing about time or coin I just said I think that's why they do it . 2nd they have worn white jerseys in lot's of home games in the preseason for a long time. so your statement is still wrong.

You are simply wrong. They were blue all the time at home. Always. With the exception of last Sunday and the 49er game I referenced. If they did were the whites in "lot's of home games" why do you think there is a thread about it?

Secondly, your contention that they wear whites at home because quoting here "i think it has to do with player cuts.If you wearing your road whites at home in the preseason,you only have to have 1 jersey for all the players that are going to get cut." Tell me what is the point of doing that if not to save either time or money?

You are simply wrong. They were blue all the time at home. Always. With the exception of last Sunday and the 49er game I referenced. If they did were the whites in "lot's of home games" why do you think there is a thread about it?

Secondly, your contention that they wear whites at home because quoting here "i think it has to do with player cuts.If you wearing your road whites at home in the preseason,you only have to have 1 jersey for all the players that are going to get cut." Tell me what is the point of doing that if not to save either time or money?

Not only have they worn white jerseys at home in the preseason before. in 1995 they wore white jerseys with blue pants in the regular season vs Cincinnati and the N.Y. jets.

We wore white because the rams wore their alternate blue jerseys

We wore white because that's what Pagano wanted us to wear. It's home team choice. We did it once before, with blue pants, and got our A.S.S.es handed to us. Haven't done it since. Pagano may be taking a page from the Chicago handbook. They wore white at home forever.

Not only have they worn white jerseys at home in the preseason before. in 1995 they wore white jerseys with blue pants in the regular season vs Cincinnati and the N.Y. jets.

Look I am not going to search the web for pix of white jersey's they have worn at home. But here is what I find funny.

1) all the time is twice in 1995?

2) your point about them doing the in the preseason has yet to be proven. The answer is they haven't with the excpetion of the games I have already stated.

3) What is really funny is the contention they do to save whatever it is you think they are trying to save by only printing names on the white jersey's.

Look I am not going to search the web for pix of white jersey's they have worn at home. But here is what I find funny.

1) all the time is twice in 1995?

2) your point about them doing the in the preseason has yet to be proven. The answer is they haven't with the excpetion of the games I have already stated.

3) What is really funny is the contention they do to save whatever it is you think they are trying to save by only printing names on the white jersey's.

no point in arguing with nonsense. i swear people come on here with rediculous 'facts' just to troll :)

So you been a longtime Colts fan that made a profile? #Curious

Yeah, I've been a Colts fan since I was 12. Big fan of Bert Jones. I usually go to one game a year, this year is Minnesota, and if that goes well, probably will make the trip again to see Dolphin game. Our athletic director is Oliver Luck, so that worked out kind of cool as well.

Shouldn't I be the one thanking you on this instead of the guy arguing with me?

You started it. I was only messing around on my 1st post but you took it like you had to be an attorney defending some felon. Which by the way you no better proved they don't, then i proved they do.If you want to say something is not accurate,back it up.I could troll around post and say that all day long.It don't mean anything without proof.

I was 10 when she was born so that would be physically impossible.

By the way, FJC....

The woman is practically flawless, hard for her to take a bad picture.... but the one you posted, is one of ***the*** best she's ever taken! Wow! :heart: Suddenly, I'm feeling 20 years younger! OK, maybe more like 10.... Well... perhaps just a few weeks.... Alright, a day.... one whole day younger! :luv: But, thanks anyway!

By the way, FJC....

The woman is practically flawless, hard for her to take a bad picture.... but the one you posted, is one of ***the*** best she's ever taken! Wow! :heart: Suddenly, I'm feeling 20 years younger! OK, maybe more like 10.... Well... perhaps just a few weeks.... Alright, a day.... one whole day younger! :luv: But, thanks anyway!

Flawless is a perfect word in this case. 1 day or 20 years, or anything in between... Heck even an hour works at times.

Right ON... I wish Indy wore the all white ALL the time... like the Cowboys use to unless a team forced them to change.

I do dislike the Blue jerseys. The all whits is "classic" and a very "traditional" look... which still today looks stellar.

The Blue just does not look as good for some reason IMO. Indy tried blue pants with the white jerseys and it was ok.. but the all white just looks GOOD.

Manning wears Colts white... SB win. Manning wears Colts blue...... SB L... :(

It's the uni .... it matters. hehe..

Funny you mentioned that.......

When Colts wear white in Super Bowl they win, when they wear blue they lose,

Colts wore white in superbowl victory's over Dallas Cowboys & Chicago Bears

Colts wore blue in superbowl losses to N.Y. Jets and New Orleans Saints

I know, really? It's funny how people will defend their thoughts no matter how ridiculous. (not you jskinnz) Even if they are the only people on the planet to have that opinion, and state it as fact. Funny stuff. Btw, where is this clown school some people are apparently attending?

Love the white jerseys and just ordered a new one. I also wondered about the choice last week. I know in the past, in other sports also, sometimes it's something as simple as the away team showing up with the wrong jerseys. I mean, why would the Rams even have their home jerseys with them on a road trip? Yes, the Cowboys always thought they were better in white. The Colts all white with black shoes is a classic look. I'm sure Goodell has a rule in place on the subject.

I attended the Colt's first pre-season game in 2010. The Colts wore white and The 49er's wore red, and it was 90-degrees outside so the roof was closed.

yeah we wore the retro jerseys that day and we had them made in white so we could wear them again later in the season when we played the Eagles. The NFL puts limits on how many times you can wear and how many throw back unis you can have during one season. Why they went with the road throw backs over home throw backs and didn't pick a home game to do it with I don't know.