Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hilton The Next Harvin?

LUCKyday

I was readin about Hilton and his stats are very close to Vikeings wideout Percy Harvin. Plus they are close to the same hight weight, They both can kick/punt return, Both speedy wideouts, Both Can catch well, Both can take the hand off in a wide out run, They are even 1 number off from each other 12 13. If you ask me we got a steel with Hilton.

I do like Hilton and his chances to be pretty good but just like Harvin I worry about him maintaining his health. I felt Harvin was a little better with the ball in his hands from his days running the ball at Florida but yeah I think both have explosive play making ability. Hilton needs to keep his slight frame from big hits and even more importantly protect the football. I think he put the football on the ground a little too much.

I think we got a good player. But he can be half as good as Marvin and I'll still feel good about him. That's a pretty lofty comparison.

Edit: I saw "Marvin," but it's "Harvin." Never mind. Yeah, he can be the next Harvin.

i thought he said marvin too! but i agree. lets hope he wind become a head case like harvin. no pun intended

I was readin about Hilton and his stats are very close to Vikeings wideout Percy Harvin. Plus they are close to the same hight weight, They both can kick/punt return, Both speedy wideouts, Both Can catch well, Both can take the hand off in a wide out run, They are even 1 number off from each other 12 13. If you ask me we got a steel with Hilton.

Stats (I assume you mean college?) are not comparable. Totally different levels of competition. Apparently he's not doing as good as Brazil in practice. But that's practice...practice...

We'll see soon enough if either guy has the right stuff.

I don't want ANY of our Players to be like ANYONE except THEMSELVES! So, Hilton= The Next Hilton. I don't want any of our Players thinking they have to be like someone to make it in the NFL. I want Hilton to be Hilton, Brazill to be Brazill, & Luck to be Luck. Etc. Etc.

The comparison I've read and I like better than Harvin is DeSean Jackson. Both from a body type, a speed and quickness type, and what he can do on the field, both as a WR and as a returner. I think Jackson is the much better comparison.

Harvin is more muscular, more powerful than T.Y....

Hilton has put on about 6-8 pounds of muscle since his senior season ended. The numbers say his body might be closer to Harvin's.... but I think if you could see them both in shorts and no shirt, you'd see their body types are not the same.

All that said.... I think being compared to DeSean Jackson is pretty darn good and I'd gladly take that! :thmup:

They are approximately the same height and weight, which is weird to me because I always thought Harvin was in the 200s. He looks pretty big while Hilton, to me, looks more like a DeSean Jackson body type. As Balzer said, I've never been too impressed with Harvin. He's a good receiver, but as of now, I would say he is a very good number 2 and a decent number 1.

The better competition that Harvin faced for the same amount of production was what made Harvin a first round pick. Thankfully, T.Y.Hilton has not tested positive (knock on wood) for any drug abuse so far. He however should take care of getting down quick after the catch in the slot, otherwise he might have concussions that would put Harvin's migraines to shame :).

They are approximately the same height and weight, which is weird to me because I always thought Harvin was in the 200s. He looks pretty big while Hilton, to me, looks more like a DeSean Jackson body type. As Balzer said, I've never been too impressed with Harvin. He's a good receiver, but as of now, I would say he is a very good number 2 and a decent number 1.

Harvin can make big plays. Very elite speed, special return man, can play a Joker role on offense. Maybe not a #1 receiver, but still a play maker.

The difference with Hilton is that we got him in the 4th round, while Harvin was a first rounder. But if Hilton puts up 70+ catches, 800+ yards and 5+ touchdowns on average in his first three years (Harvin's numbers), we'll have gotten a great value for where he was picked and what he's being paid. That's another thing: Hilton's entire contract for four years total is about the average annual value of Harvin's five year deal.

Harvin can make big plays. Very elite speed, special return man, can play a Joker role on offense. Maybe not a #1 receiver, but still a play maker.

The difference with Hilton is that we got him in the 4th round, while Harvin was a first rounder. But if Hilton puts up 70+ catches, 800+ yards and 5+ touchdowns on average in his first three years (Harvin's numbers), we'll have gotten a great value for where he was picked and what he's being paid. That's another thing: Hilton's entire contract for four years total is about the average annual value of Harvin's five year deal.

haha that's awesome!