Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wayne says he sees something

betheafan41

good ole # 87 said he sees something in this years WR core that he has not seen in his full 12 yrs as a colt. Speed,speed, speed, and more speed. I couldnt agree with him more on this. Wayne isnt the fastest but he is fast, Brazill has amazing speed, Hilton has close to Hester speed (so its been said) then of course there is Avery (if he can stay healthy), and Fleener who has incredible speed for a TE. Collie is no slow WR either. If the colts OC does not take advantage of their speed at WR and Lucks cannon of an arm with some deep passing plays ill be shocked. I can see some big plays happening deep down the field this year. could work out for them too against teams with shaky secondaries like Chicago and Green Bay. they could very well beat the bears if they exploit that secondary, and the green bay game ( i believe is at home) could keep up with green bay by exploiting their secondary. so if the Oline can hold their blocks to give Luck the time to throw it deep the green bay game for sure could be a high scoring game between both teams.

I may be getting in way over my head in thinking all of this, but it really isnt unrealistic.

Yes, the GB Game is at LOS. (Lucas Oil Stadium)

And Agreed.. Yes, GB & CHI have some Shaky Secondaries. I don't think GB has much of a Pass Rush. That Defense is Pathetic IMO. CHI is more of a Threat to us Pass Rush wise due to Julius Peppers. But other than that, I believe BOTH Games are Winnable. The Packers aren't HARD to Beat. You just have to Stop their Offense, & Score on their Defense. Exactly how the Giants did it

And Agreed.. Yes, GB & CHI have some Shaky Secondaries. I don't think GB has much of a Pass Rush. That Defense is Pathetic IMO. CHI is more of a Threat to us Pass Rush wise due to Julius Peppers. But other than that, I believe BOTH Games are Winnable. The Packers aren't HARD to Beat. You just have to Stop their Offense, & Score on their Defense. Exactly how the Giants did it

Yeah, which isn't hard, it's not like they went 15-1 last year or anything.

Yeah, which isn't hard, it's not like they went 15-1 last year or anything.

Records mean nothing when you get knocked out the 1st Round. Look at y'all, went 10-6, but at least Won a Playoff Game. 15-1 the take an L on the FIRST Game. I'd rather go 10-6 and Win ONE Game then 15-1 and Lost the 1st one

It hinges on our O Line and my faith in Castonzo if he is not 100 percent against Peppers is next to none and Mclellin against Justice could prove to be a disaster, I hope I am wrong but I see ther D Line giving our O Line alot of problems, good news is, I see our D Line and new scheme giving there O Line problems as well, I think this game will come down to taking care of the ball and O Line protection and our ability to stop the run and our ability to be physical with there wide receivers, if we can do all that with some consistency we can win

It hinges on our O Line and my faith in Castonzo if not 100 percent against Peppers is next to none and Mclellin against Justice could prove to be a disaster, I hope I am wrong but I see ther D Line giving our O Line alot of problems, good news is, I see our D Line and new scheme giving there O Line problems as well, I think this game will come down to taking care of the ball and O Line protection and our ability to stop the run and our ability to be physical with there wide receivers, if we can do all that with some consistency we can win

Mclellin is the Guy from Boise State right? If so, he's not Hard to take care of. Being a TCU Fan, I've watched our O-Line push him around. But hey, that's just My Opinion on the Guy

Mclellin is the Guy from Boise State right? If so, he's not Hard to take care of. Being a TCU Fan, I've watched our O-Line push him around. But hey, that's just My Opinion on the Guy

Yep from Boise State, he may not be elite but if I was a betting man I would say his matchup on Justice is in favor of Mclellin its just one of those things we wont know till it happens

Yep from Boise State, he may not be elite but if I was a betting man I would say his matchup on Justice is in favor of Mclellin ots just one of those things we wont know till it happens

He'll probably be in a lot of One on One match-ups since I predict that we'll be trying to take Peppers out of the Picture. Him, Urlacher, & Briggs are the Biggest Threats on that Defense. We keep them 3 Off-Balanced (Which is very Difficult to do, but can be Done) then we have a Shot at Winning the Game

He'll probably be in a lot of One on One match-ups since I predict that we'll be trying to take Peppers out of the Picture. Him, Urlacher, & Briggs are the Biggest Threats on that Defense. We keep them 3 Off-Balanced (Which is very Difficult to do, but can be Done) then we have a Shot at Winning the Game

I say we use playaction, with short routes and running the ball and some screen passes. if we can run the ball some we can use the playaction to beat the Bears deep but first step is to keep Luck upright and gaining some yards on the ground while stopping there run and from there confusing Cutler with blitzes

I think GB will have a great pass rush this year.

I say we use playaction, with short routes and running the ball and some screen passes. if we can run the ball some we can use the playaction to beat the Bears deep but first step is to keep Luck upright and gaining some yards on the ground while stopping there run and from there confusing Cutler with blitzes

I think the O-Line will be Confused more than Cutler lol

I think GB will have a great pass rush this year.

I don't see it. Drafting Nick Perry is Good in the Future, but that's putting a lot of Pressure on him to come in and make the opposite side of CM a Threat. But they will definitely be Tested EARLY. That Season Opener against the 49ers, that Game might be the Game of the Year. IMO. Rodgers is definitely going to take some hits and their defense will be put to the test.

I don't see it. Drafting Nick Perry is Good in the Future, but that's putting a lot of Pressure on him to come in and make the opposite side of CM a Threat. But they will definitely be Tested EARLY. That Season Opener against the 49ers, that Game might be the Game of the Year. IMO. Rodgers is definitely going to take some hits and their defense will be put to the test.

I think Matthews and Perry will be mutually beneficial.

It hinges on our O Line and my faith in Castonzo if he is not 100 percent against Peppers is next to none and Mclellin against Justice could prove to be a disaster, I hope I am wrong but I see ther D Line giving our O Line alot of problems, good news is, I see our D Line and new scheme giving there O Line problems as well, I think this game will come down to taking care of the ball and O Line protection and our ability to stop the run and our ability to be physical with there wide receivers, if we can do all that with some consistency we can win

Just curious... Is this post intended to confirm suspicions that you have doubts about the Colts' O line? You've been subtle, but I'm pretty keen... so I'm beginning to pick up on the subtleties. I gather you question the abilities of Castanzo, Justice, and the rest of the line.

Maybe you can assume the forum isn't comprised of dummies, and let the poor horse rest in peace, at least until we see how the line performs in action a couple times this preseason. Just a thought.

Hilton, Avery, and Brazill have been burning up the field in camp. Their speed is awesome to watch. From what I've seen, IMO, Avery and Hilton are ahead of Brazill. Another guy that isn't as fast but is our tallest receiver in camp is Kris Adams. The guy made a nice leaping catch for a td over 2 defenders on Friday. While there is a great deal of youth, I think our receiving corp can be an excellent group.

Records mean nothing when you get knocked out the 1st Round. Look at y'all, went 10-6, but at least Won a Playoff Game. 15-1 the take an L on the FIRST Game. I'd rather go 10-6 and Win ONE Game then 15-1 and Lost the 1st one

Obviously my point was that they're a very talented football team and stopping their offense isn't as easy as just saying it. The Giants were super bowl champions (and lost to them in the regular season). You went 2-14. It's just a little different.

Wayne = Ward(cause he is vet)

Avery = Wallace(has been mentioned to fill that role)

Collie = Sanders???(typical slot guy)

Collie= Collie lol. I honestly don't know who Collie could be Compared to. I think Hilton will be used as an Antonio Brown as many people have posted in here or mentioned it.

I think Matthews and Perry will be mutually beneficial.

Yeah no question in the coming years they'll make a nice duo. But I'm saying for his 1st year, they're not gonna get an All-Star season from him. He'll do Good, but not that "Von Miller Rookie Year" Season. But I do think Upshaw will have a Von Miller kind of year. He's starting due to T-Suggs trying to play Basketball. It's not everyday you get an oppurtunity like that to showcase your Skills. I look for him to contribute to the D. Maybe not like T-Suggs, but still making Noise

Collie= Collie lol. I honestly don't know who Collie could be Compared to. I think Hilton will be used as an Antonio Brown as many people have posted in here or mentioned it.

Good call. Collie = Collie. Why didn't I think of that! I am gonna love watching these guys catch and run!

Some people are forgetting how horrible the colts oline were last year... Justice is a big improvement over diem who was not very good in the run game or pass game the past couple years... Samson is much more athletic and stronger than saturday... These are big imlrovements... All they need to do is gel which eventually they will

Some people are forgetting how horrible the colts oline were last year... Justice is a big improvement over diem who was not very good in the run game or pass game the past couple years... Samson is much more athletic and stronger than saturday... These are big imlrovements... All they need to do is gel which eventually they will

............not trying to be contentious. You are certainly entitled to your opinion. I keep saying this and probably some are sick of me repeating it.... But there is no way that the Colts rush for a 4.2 yd per carry in 2011 (Giants had 3.5 and won the SB). with the O-line doing a horrible job. Yds per carry is the most important measurement of an O-line's performance, not total yds. The Colts had a low number of total yds (relative to the rest of the league, because they had the fewest attempts (I think). They had the fewest attempts because they had the lowest time of possession in the league. And THAT was because of poor QB play. The only question I have is : "Have Saturday and Diem been adequately replaced?"...If they have, as you suggest, the Colts will surprise alot of people with their running game in 2012. Just my opinion.

IMO collie compares to stokely. both have decent speed, small, better in the slot position, and both go up in rediculous ways to get the ball over a defender.

............not trying to be contentious. You are certainly entitled to your opinion. I keep saying this and probably some are sick of me repeating it.... But there is no way that the Colts rush for a 4.2 yd per carry in 2011 (Giants had 3.5 and won the SB). with the O-line doing a horrible job. Yds per carry is the most important measurement of an O-line's performance, not total yds. The Colts had a low number of total yds (relative to the rest of the league, because they had the fewest attempts (I think). They had the fewest attempts because they had the lowest time of possession in the league. And THAT was because of poor QB play. The only question I have is : "Have Saturday and Diem been adequately replaced?"...If they have, as you suggest, the Colts will surprise alot of people with their running game in 2012. Just my opinion.

I agree. if Saturday and Diem have been replaced with linemen who are better then them even if it is just a little improvement then the colts run game should be decent this year. and Brown was looking better torward the end last year. my only question is are the colts better running with a FB (could move allan to FB on short yardage plays and goal line plays since he played some FB at clemson) or would they be better off sticking with just the HB in the backfield and hope the line can make the holes?

Yeah no question in the coming years they'll make a nice duo. But I'm saying for his 1st year, they're not gonna get an All-Star season from him. He'll do Good, but not that "Von Miller Rookie Year" Season. But I do think Upshaw will have a Von Miller kind of year. He's starting due to T-Suggs trying to play Basketball. It's not everyday you get an oppurtunity like that to showcase your Skills. I look for him to contribute to the D. Maybe not like T-Suggs, but still making Noise

i dont know, i had upshaw as a sleeper pick in the draft and was really hoping the colts would have drafted him. but that would risk losing out on fleener. but could have tried to trade up to try to draft upshaw. i think he will be a beast. he just has that hunger to succeed, you can see it by the way he plays.

Obviously my point was that they're a very talented football team and stopping their offense isn't as easy as just saying it. The Giants were super bowl champions (and lost to them in the regular season). You went 2-14. It's just a little different.

Ohhh yeah, er, welp yeah!!! If you reverse the numbers the Packers went 1-15 and the Colts were 14-2!!!! I'd say that's an astonishing season for the Colts!!

Take that!!

I'd use Allen as a Fullback at times and shift him about to confuse the Defense as for which is better Mcglynn or Diem? yeah I will take Diem any day of the week, Saturday or Satele? tough one but I will have to go with the mauler Satele whos a pretty good pass blocker in his own right, Justice or Linkenbach? Do I have to pick 1? George Foster!

Posted · Hidden by Coltssouth, August 6, 2012 - soliciting
Hidden by Coltssouth, August 6, 2012 - soliciting

Hello everyone.

Maybe you remmember me - a colts fan from Russia, but more likely that you don't. But we have a sort of colt's fanclub here in Volgograd.

Moreover the football team that i coach have the same style of jearsey. You can see it here: http://vk.com/album-7464115_159834638

But today i want to ask you for a favor and i am going to pay for the expenses.

There going to be an open trainings of Colts in in the near future. And maybe one of you there in Indianapolis can sign a photo by Reggie Wayne or a football and send it to me. (i like Reggie the most, but agree on any other signature) I will be very gratefull to this person.

If you agree to help me, please tell me what you can do. I am able to send you money by western union or by money gram or any way you like and i will give you my post address.

I hope for a quick response. thanks in advance.

That 4.2avg is a bit misconstrued for the fact that if you take out some of those long runs out of that average it would go down substantially down to 3.8 or 9 i believe... the colts werent very good at running the ball consistently... granted they were much better than previous years for the main reason that they didnt have a very good QB so they were forced to lean on the run a bit more.... but my point still stands that samson and justice will be much more physical and athletic when it comes to run blocking.... as long as they do get the chance to gel and work in unison

Yep from Boise State, he may not be elite but if I was a betting man I would say his matchup on Justice is in favor of Mclellin its just one of those things we wont know till it happens

McClellin has been horrendous in camp.

good ole # 87 said he sees something in this years WR core that he has not seen in his full 12 yrs as a colt. Speed,speed, speed, and more speed. I couldnt agree with him more on this. Wayne isnt the fastest but he is fast, Brazill has amazing speed, Hilton has close to Hester speed (so its been said) then of course there is Avery (if he can stay healthy), and Fleener who has incredible speed for a TE. Collie is no slow WR either. If the colts OC does not take advantage of their speed at WR and Lucks cannon of an arm with some deep passing plays ill be shocked. I can see some big plays happening deep down the field this year. could work out for them too against teams with shaky secondaries like Chicago and Green Bay. they could very well beat the bears if they exploit that secondary, and the green bay game ( i believe is at home) could keep up with green bay by exploiting their secondary. so if the Oline can hold their blocks to give Luck the time to throw it deep the green bay game for sure could be a high scoring game between both teams.

I may be getting in way over my head in thinking all of this, but it really isnt unrealistic.

First time I heard Luck has a cannon for an arm. Every report I've heard and every game I've seen I think his deep passing is by FAR his weakest asset. This isn't to say he is Chad Pennington but it does mean that is where he needs the most work is on his accuracy of deep throws. Scouts have even said that a couple of his mechanical issues is that one of them is that he lifts his back foot when throwing deep balls and causes them to not be as accurate at times and come up short. Also he does not have as much zip on the ball as a lot of qbs. Plenty plenty to get it done but he does not have a cannon. Luck did a great job of mixing up play calls at Stanford and they utilized their TEs a ton. He throws the short and intermediate passes probably better than any college qb I've ever seen. His deep throws....no where near as good as a lot of college qbs I've seen. The guy is great...but lets not make him out to be John Elway here.

As for the fast wrs...that is great...I love that. We need good quick, crisp routes so Luck can get the ball out fast and on time....that will be a huge key. That and if we can run the ball on Briggs and Urlacher. If not Peppers and co. will not be giving Luck time to throw deep unless he wants to risk losing his head...cause that guy is a beast. Lets establish the run and then start peppering them with good quick short throws and let our guys get them off balance....then if we get a chance at some play action for something over the top fine....but Luck won't just be bombs away I'm sure.