Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Still Weighing Options At LCB Spot

krunk

is there any new word or news on possibly trading for mike jenkins? that would be nice

Dallas said he's not being traded. Which means nothing. He's on PUP, right?

Personally, I'd rather not give up a high draft pick on him. Wait until next season and get the best FAs on the market.

Dallas said he's not being traded. Which means nothing. He's on PUP, right?

Personally, I'd rather not give up a high draft pick on him. Wait until next season and get the best FAs on the market.

thats another thing im happy to see. grigson isnt afraid to go out and get free agents.

It's down to Vaughn, Rucker and King.

King's the best fit out there, and Rucker should be good inside.

However, Rucker could be very good on the outside because he has physicality, something King lacks.

I'd be happy with King (you know that if you read my article I wrote after his signing)!

Im thinking Vaughn or Chism. all those times King spent getting his butt handed to him at St Louis are to much for me, he is blazing fast but apparently thats his only skill, Chism can cover but I dont know if he has the speed

Not sure but Powers wasn't on the opposing teams best wide receiver constantly last year actually not often at all I think and certainly wasnt the 1st game vs the Texans that I remember. I think it will depend on matchups, I dont see Powers 1 on 1 with Marshall going well the entire game, I dont think Marshall has ever been known as a speedster but he towers over Powers. I think we will have to play plenty of Nickel to offset that

I find it interesting how they say we are looking for a LCB. Does this mean we will keep Powers on one side of the field, like the Raiders did with Asomugha, as opposed to simply putting our best corner on their best receiver like the Jets do with Revis?

Yeah I don't quite understand that. Typically the best WR lines up out right. I would rather put the best CB against the best WR. Hopefully they look at matchups and adjust.....I don't fancy seeing Buddy Jackson trying to cover Calvin Johnson.

That LAST Wording "Looking for an Upgrade NOT on the Roster" <--- Could this be a Hint that we're gonna get Mike Jenkins or another "Known" CB?

Sorry, that Grabbed my Attention lol

And Great to hear that Powers & Bethea are LEADERS

Kind of a misleading the way you quoted it. Here is the full quote, "But as we’ve stated throughout the offseason, the Colts could continue to look for an upgrade not currently on the roster. " This is just ProFootball weekly opinion not any sort of hint or direction from the team.

I've been mentioning Buddy Jackson for weeks but no one ever talks about him but he's been doing great.

In practice? I haven't heard his name mentioned. From what I've read from a Pitt fan, he's one of those guys who does great with all the measurables buy never puts it together on the field. Maybe with the right coaching?

Kind of a misleading the way you quoted it. Here is the full quote, "But as we’ve stated throughout the offseason, the Colts could continue to look for an upgrade not currently on the roster. " This is just ProFootball weekly opinion not any sort of hint or direction from the team.

My feeling is that any good FO is on constant lookout for every possible avenue to improve their team. That includes "looking for upgrades not currently on their roster".

There are several teams out there that are overloaded in backfield talent right now. A few good backs (very possibly better than most of the Colts' current options) will be on the waiver wire after cuts. If I were wagering, I'd bank on the Colts being active on that waiver wire this year.

I find it interesting how they say we are looking for a LCB. Does this mean we will keep Powers on one side of the field, like the Raiders did with Asomugha, as opposed to simply putting our best corner on their best receiver like the Jets do with Revis?

....I remember Pagano saying a couple of months ago that he prefers CB's to line up on the same sides regardless of who the receivers are..

In practice? I haven't heard his name mentioned. From what I've read from a Pitt fan, he's one of those guys who does great with all the measurables buy never puts it together on the field. Maybe with the right coaching?

The report says he is doing well

dont waste a high pick to get a veteran CB, draft amerson or honey badger matheu in next years draft. i have a feeling that is exactly what the colts are doing. this years draft focus on the offense, next year focus mainy on defense. hopefully they pick a good CB or two in the first two rounds. and if they end up with a top 3 pick trade it for multiple picks to build up the defense even more.

Yeah I don't quite understand that. Typically the best WR lines up out right. I would rather put the best CB against the best WR. Hopefully they look at matchups and adjust.....I don't fancy seeing Buddy Jackson trying to cover Calvin Johnson.

That's like when we had Tim Jennings try to cover Brandon Marshall and Marshall set the record for the most receptions in a single game. Then we tried having Jennings cover Moss...

....I remember Pagano saying a couple of months ago that he prefers CB's to line up on the same sides regardless of who the receivers are..

I can see advantages and disadvantages to both. Personally, I prefer having the best CB line up against the best WR. The offense could just move their best WR around and avoid Powers

I can see advantages and disadvantages to both. Personally, I prefer having the best CB line up against the best WR. The offense could just move their best WR around and avoid Powers

They could but Powers has to prove still that he is a Corner that should be avoided

Powers is still our best option. I'd much rather put him on the team's best WR than someone like Rucker or Chism

Im not so quick to crown him our best Corner. I know the Coaches probably have, But hes not our fastest Corner and his cover skills have been average at best, I think he is our best Corner but at this point its only do to not seeing these other Corners we have in actual game situations, hopefully whatever corners we put out there they all have a breakout year

Powers is still our best option. I'd much rather put him on the team's best WR than someone like Rucker or Chism

While I think Powers is far from someone that will concern another team...I do agree with you that as a defense...especially one that is as undertalented in key positions like us that you have to try to take something away from another team...make someone else step up and beat you. We don't really have that stopper like other teams so we will likely have to do it by rolling a saftey over the top to take the deep ball away but if you can...I would love to say take someone like Andre Johnson away and force the texans to beat us with their other receivers. Like the Patriots did in the Super Bowl....take away Cruz and tried to take away Nicks. Forced Eli basically to make the pass of the year and someone like Manningham to make the catch of his life to beat you. Sure they beat them but Belicheck is a great defensive coach....I mean seriously that team had a TERRIBLE defense and they still did a great job of stopping teams in the playoffs. If you can do that...few teams are going to have #3 wrs and a qb like Manning to beat you.....consistantly...so if they do you tip your hat. That is why I would be ok with moving a cb around...if you had cbs capable of shutting guys down....clearly I don't think we even have one...let alone another. It is an incredibly weak position for us....the biggest question mark of all (even bigger than OL). It made us definately raise our eyebrows when we traded Thomas because we knew how weak we were in the secondary. That said if it helped us sure up a position and not really downgrade our secondary then I am all for it. I don't see Rucker on the outside...not sure he has the speed and ability to be alone out there but I think his size and willingness to hit make him a better fit in the slot where he can help with run support in our nickle. We have several guys in our secondary...I just don't know where our number 2 will come from.

Powers is by far our BEST CORNER!!!!!!!!!!! Not even close. If we were a good team & he stayed healthy I believe he has pro bowl ability. I personal like what I saw from Rucker last year when he played. Nice size good not great speed likes to hit & has a chipon his shoulder. I hope & bet at this point he is the # 2 corner. Someone mentioned Rucker in the slot, hum I prefer a fast jeterbug type og guy who can cover.