Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 1 @ Soldier Field could be "Fixed"

TKnight24

Well, you're Friendly Forum Pal TKnight85 was scrolling through NFL.com looking for possible FA's that could be brought in to Anderson. While I was doing that, my Eyes picked up on this Article.

Now, the Article grabbed my attention because it of the 1st Two words "Bears OL". Realizing that we play the Bears, I figured this article would make me Laugh even more at their O-Line. :lol: <--( Me Laughing) But now, it's made me a bit Sketchy. Well, here's the Article & feel Free to Interpret it how you want. Let me know what you guys think.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82b04942/article/roberto-garza-more-leeway-with-replacement-refs-?module=HP11_headline_stack

This is my favourite part:

Veteran Chicago Bears offensive lineman Roberto Garza hopes he can hold more.

"They've been around the game," Garza said. "They know what they're doing. But we might be able to get away with more. That would be good for us."

--

Seriously? That's like saying "I'm taking this PED which makes me faster and stronger, but the league doesn't test for it, so I can get away with it"

This is my favourite part:

Veteran Chicago Bears offensive lineman Roberto Garza hopes he can hold more.

"They've been around the game," Garza said. "They know what they're doing. But we might be able to get away with more. That would be good for us."

--

Seriously? That's like saying "I'm taking this PED which makes me faster and stronger, but the league doesn't test for it, so I can get away with it"

EXACTLY! Apparently not only does their O-Line get Beat a lot, they're not too Intelligent :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, you're Friendly Forum Pal TKnight85 was scrolling through NFL.com looking for possible FA's that could be brought in to Anderson. While I was doing that, my Eyes picked up on this Article.

Now, the Article grabbed my attention because it of the 1st Two words "Bears OL". Realizing that we play the Bears, I figured this article would make me Laugh even more at their O-Line. :lol: <--( Me Laughing) But now, it's made me a bit Sketchy. Well, here's the Article & feel Free to Interpret it how you want. Let me know what you guys think.

http://www.nfl.com/n..._headline_stack

My thought is your interpretation is wildly off base with reality but fits nicely with your homeristic take on everything Horseshoe.

1) Fixed is just simply the wrong, and frankly very poor choice of words.

2) Would the things that Bears o'linemen can get away with replacement refs be the very same things that the Colts can do as well?

I thought this article was going to be about the turf at Soldier field...as it was widely regarded as one of the poorest in the league. I thought perhaps they were fixing it before the game. Hate to see someone get hurt in week 1.

You know I thought about that. They should really look into Fixing that. Field is dangerous

I think "Fixed" is a poor choice of words.

I think whatever goes for the Bears OL will go for the Colts OL.

I think everyone here had better hope that the Lockout that the NFL is putting on their referees is over by the time the regular season starts. And we're likely to go through 2-3 weeks of pre-season game with bad refereeing before negotiations get serious for the last game....

I think anyone who believes that the quality of refereeing won't be dramatically worse with replacement refs rather than trained professional refs is living in Fantasy Land.

Yes it has been fixed, andrew luck decided that we will beat the bears 77-0. True story.
I haven't seen that article or seen it on ESPN. If in fact he did say that then that is his first R mistake. The Bears D(which is what they're known for)will be gunnin' for him even more now

I think "Fixed" is a poor choice of words.

I think whatever goes for the Bears OL will go for the Colts OL.

I think everyone here had better hope that the Lockout that the NFL is putting on their referees is over by the time the regular season starts. And we're likely to go through 2-3 weeks of pre-season game with bad refereeing before negotiations get serious for the last game....

I think anyone who believes that the quality of refereeing won't be dramatically worse with replacement refs rather than trained professional refs is living in Fantasy Land.

Hopefully the replacements will more likely hold the whistle than blow it. Its they can let people think they're poor officials and remain silent, or blow the whistle and remove all doubt.