Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Training Camp Report: Notes From Day Two

http://www.stampedeb...es-from-day-two

• The starting offensive line for the Colts (so far) is LT Anthony Castonzo, LG Jeff Linkenbach, C Samson Satele, RG Mike McGlynn, and RT Winston Justice.
  • As previously reported, Ben Ijalana is in serious danger of getting cut. He is also hurt, having reaggravated the knee injury that kept him out most of last season. Chuck Pagano confirmed Ijalana hurt the knee Sunday.
  • Rookie T.Y. Hilton flashed both speed and hands during drills today. He got behind the secondary for a deep ball; 40 yards through the air, six points.

star-divide.v59c7267.jpg

• During the afternoon practice, safety Tom Zbikowski noticed a fan in the stands wearing a Steelers jersey. Chuck Pagano then went over to the fan and asked him to put on a Colts Andrew Luck jersey. When asked later if Pagano would have kicked the fan out of the stands if he did not wear the Colts jersey, Pagano responded, "Absolutely." The fan was reportedly there to cheer Bruce Arians, who spent five years in Pittsbrugh as their offensive coordinator.
  • Unofficially, Andrew Luck was 28-37 with three touchdowns today. As a Twitter follower noted, Luck is completing 79% of his passes at camp. Keep in mind, this is in non-contact drills, shorts and helmets. No pads.
  • Luck was bombing it all day. Several deep balls, displaying impressive arm strength.
  • Impressive DB play by Antoine Bethea and Jerraud Powers, breaking up a pass in the redzone during the two minute drill.
  • This tweet by Phil B got national attention when Adam Schefter retweeted it:

philbtwitter-4_normal.jpg

C Samson Satele on Luck: "You watch bro. He’s crazy good. There’s nothing I can teach the man right now. I mean he’s that great."

• Safety Jermale Hines made a nice break on the ball and got a pick 6 courtesy of Drew Stanton.
  • Media is awaiting MRI results for Ijalana and A.J. Edds.
  • Donnie Avery had a drop that caught the eye of Phil B, but he also has a nice long ball catch (touch pass) from Andrew Luck.
  • Pat McAfee was 7-8 on FG attempts.
  • Estimated crowd of 1,800 watched the afternoon practice.
  • Tomorrow's practice will be in pads, hitting.

Sorry if post is hard to read. I just copied and pasted. Not good with this stuff.

good stuff thanks for the post. reitz is a much better option at G then link. link was terrible at G when he played there. anyone remember the charger game in 2010? reitz wasnt an evans but he was good for someone who was on a PS and a basketball player.

Just finished reading this, I was glad to hear that luck was throwing some deep bombs. From what I understand that was one of the concerns about him

Indeed. That is my concern of him as well. He has the tendency to lift his back foot when throwing deep causing his balls to have less velocity and come up short at times and effect his accuracy on those balls. I hope he continues to improve!

NFL net is going crazy with Tebow coverage today. I dont think they've shown the Colts all day. Yesterday they had plenty of footage.

I think teams have them turn off the cameras during certain parts of practice, but fans should have cell phones. I dont understand why there is no fan footage.

dont know about today. i was busy today, but yesterday yes i saw a lot of live video of the colts

Ack, yeah I missed out yesterday. Today they haven't been really showing anything. I'll continue checking it out though. They have a three hour show coming on @ 8:00 "Inside Training Camp Today" I'll have to check that out. I need to get some kind of fix.

Ack, yeah I missed out yesterday. Today they haven't been really showing anything. I'll continue checking it out though. They have a three hour show coming on @ 8:00 "Inside Training Camp Today" I'll have to check that out. I need to get some kind of fix.

You didn't miss a whole lot yesterday. They showed the same clip a bunch of times, showed Dungy, and the Luck interview. They told the Luck sings story over and over.

As far as actual training camp, there was very little shown. It's much more important to talk about Sanchez and Tebow.

A few standouts to me are Kris Anderson, Andrew Luck, Dwight Freeney(Has yet to get that elusive interception but he got a tip ball for the second day in a row and is getting even more pressure as an OLB as he did as a DE, Cameron Chism, T.Y Hilton, Donnie Avery had a good day I thought as well. The O Line is still a work in progress, I felt like Satele struggled some today. In two days I dont recall Collie dropping a pass yet, Also on a side note I wouldnt be surprised if the kicking and Punting team has a bet going on in regards to who can knock the camera man (who was very conviently standing right smack dab behind left field goal post in a Tree trimming machine, Vinatieri is getting closer with every kick that leaves his foot). Seth Olsen got some reps as well I think. Still waiting for Hicks to get some reps personally

A few standouts to me are Kris Anderson, Andrew Luck, Dwight Freeney(Has yet to get that elusive interception but he got a tip ball for the second day in a row and is getting even more pressure as an OLB as he did as a DE, Cameron Chism, T.Y Hilton, Donnie Avery had a good day I thought as well. The O Line is still a work in progress, I felt like Satele struggled some today. In two days I dont recall Collie dropping a pass yet, Also on a side note I wouldnt be surprised if the kicking and Punting team has a bet going on in regards to who can knock the camera man (who was very conviently standing right smack dab behind left field goal post in a Tree trimming machine, Vinatieri is getting closer with every kick that leaves his foot)

Thanks Gavin. Please post anything else you feel is relevant. Or even interesting. Us 'out of towners' appreciate any info.

I'll be very interested to find out who our #4-6 CBs are, as well as #3-4 S.

All great to hear... thanks for the updates.

Just upset to see Link get starter reps. Reitz deserves it.

Really? I will trust our coaches to decide who has looked best in practice and deserves to be starting. If Link has been putting in the work and getting better I want him in the game. If the coaches think that Allen should start and Fleener sits then I am all for it. They get to be there everyday and we don't get to see anything. I know Link has had some terrible games in his career but I also don't think our line is overall that great. It isn't like we got pro bowlers on it. Most of our guys are cast offs that didn't even start for their last team so if they think Link is fit to start I imagine he is the best we have....for better or worse as that sounds.

You didn't miss a whole lot yesterday. They showed the same clip a bunch of times, showed Dungy, and the Luck interview. They told the Luck sings story over and over.

As far as actual training camp, there was very little shown. It's much more important to talk about Sanchez and Tebow.

You got that right. I've seen several clips of Sanchez today. Him and Tebow must the the greatest of all time.

Thanks Gavin. Please post anything else you feel is relevant. Or even interesting. Us 'out of towners' appreciate any info.

I'll be very interested to find out who our #4-6 CBs are, as well as #3-4 S.

Yep no problem, its only day 2 so who starts now and does't at this point honestly means little right now and that includes O Line I think as well as running back and Corner, they arent hitting yet they ar ejust going through the motions, its interesting but Im looking forward to the hitting to see what we really have, Our defensive scheme was giving the O Line fits but thats to be taken with a grain of salt at this point

We have heard a lot about Luck. How have the other two QBs performed? What say you?

They both look very serviceable in my opinion. I think Harnish could be shaping up to be a really good long term back-up option. We'll see, but all in all, they were all making some great throws out there today. Stanton got picked off today, though by safety Hines.

A few standouts to me are Kris Anderson, Andrew Luck, Dwight Freeney(Has yet to get that elusive interception but he got a tip ball for the second day in a row and is getting even more pressure as an OLB as he did as a DE, Cameron Chism, T.Y Hilton, Donnie Avery had a good day I thought as well. The O Line is still a work in progress, I felt like Satele struggled some today. In two days I dont recall Collie dropping a pass yet, Also on a side note I wouldnt be surprised if the kicking and Punting team has a bet going on in regards to who can knock the camera man (who was very conviently standing right smack dab behind left field goal post in a Tree trimming machine, Vinatieri is getting closer with every kick that leaves his foot). Seth Olsen got some reps as well I think. Still waiting for Hicks to get some reps personally

Do you mean Kris Adams? And if so I agree. As the tallest receiver out there I'm beginning to see something good out of him. I expected to see more out of Sambrano (who looked fine), but Adams is starting to become one of my favored for a roster spot. I just wish I'd could find something about coaches thoughts on him.

Do you mean Kris Adams? And if so I agree. As the tallest receiver out there I'm beginning to see something good out of him. I expected to see more out of Sambrano (who looked fine), but Adams is starting to become one of my favored for a roster spot. I just wish I'd could find something about coaches thoughts on him.

They both look very serviceable in my opinion. I think Harnish could be shaping up to be a really good long term back-up option. We'll see, but all in all, they were all making some great throws out there today. Stanton got picked off today, though by safety Hines.

Will the Colts carry all 3 of them on the 53 man roster? If so, will number 3 dress for games or be strictly on the practice squad? I don't know what they have been accustomed to.

Will the Colts carry all 3 of them on the 53 man roster? If so, will number 3 dress for games or be strictly on the practice squad? I don't know what they have been accustomed to.

I'm not sure yet on how many receivers they'll run, but I would imagine 6 at the most. If I had to guess they'd be: Wayne, Collie, Avery, Hilton, Brazil, and then (Adams, Ross, or Sambrano), if only 5 then the five I listed are probably set in stone. As for the no. 3 QB I'm not really sure. I imagine we'll only run 2 QBs on the active roster, but I really don't know.

How did your favorite whooping boy do?

How did your favorite whooping boy do?

I ddint pay attention to Hicks today, when I focused on the O Line it was more on Justice, Reitz, and Castonzo actually I dont recal Hicks getting any time today but like I said its day 2

Adams I meant lol still getting used to new names, Buts he looks to have good acceleration, good in and out of his cuts and has good hands

Thanks really appreaciate the updates here in California. So sad to hear about Ben I hope the MRI is OK. Not sure we would CUT A GUY with that kind of tallent if injuried :sadno: :sadno: I like Link as a tackle he is a HORRABLE GUARD not enough beef in the behind. Rietz is OK IMO good pass blocker so so run blocker. Like the comments about Luck though encouaging!!

I ddint pay attention to Hicks today, when I focused on the O Line it was more on Justice, Reitz, and Castonzo actually I dont recal Hicks getting any time today but like I said its day 2

How does the line look? Castonzo (sp)?

How does the line look? Castonzo (sp)?

Inconsistent at best, he is agile but has gotten beat inside a couple times, lacks strength in my opinion especially when asked to hold his blocks, I didnt notice Reitz today, I thought I saw Satele play Right Guard as well a couple times as well but might be mistaken on that, Hard to see everything when ya got people that cant sit still for very long who just have to walk right in front you