Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ray Rice Promises A Super Bowl

21isSuperman

http://www.nfl.com/n..._headline_stack

It's Ray Rice Day in Baltimore, and the Ravens star running back used the special occasion to make a promise to the city:

Ray Rice told the fans here that this fall he'll do his job and bring a Super Bowl back to Baltimore.

--

So this means he is guaranteeing a Super Bowl this year. I'm almost certain it won't happen, especially if Suggs doesn't return this year.

the media just loves twisting things. of course hes gonna say their gonna win a super bowl even weeden said the browns will win a super bowl. every team's goal is to a super bowl

Yeah, but he said this Fall and he said he will bring a Super Bowl to Baltimore. I've heard Romo say something to the effect of "I think this team will win a Super Bowl", but not "we will win one" or "I guarantee we win one" or "I promise we win one". When Romo said that, he said:

1) he thinks, and

2) he said the team, he never said his team, he never said he would do it on his own, and

3) he never said when

Rice said he will do it and he will do it this year. The problem is that in the offseason, the players feel fresh and invincible. But when it's week 12, week 13, week 14, and they are tired and exhausted mentally and physically, you won't hear this kind of stuff. I think it's just a by-product of the offseason. He is rested, he believes his team made all the right draft moves, he thinks they can do it all

To be fair, Flacco actually had a good game in the AFCCG and some would say he outplayed Brady. Flacco has shown flashes, but he hasn't remained consistent. But the last time a QB said he deserved more respect and people laughed at him, he shut them all up by winning a 2nd Super Bowl

To be fair, Flacco actually had a good game in the AFCCG and some would say he outplayed Brady. Flacco has shown flashes, but he hasn't remained consistent. But the last time a QB said he deserved more respect and people laughed at him, he shut them all up by winning a 2nd Super Bowl

I do not count that game as a "good" game because look what he defense he played.

I don't know if will happen for them but last season it was WIDE open. There for the taking. They didn't do it. And heck they could not even grab the first seed which was there for them. They blew a few winnable games.

You have to take advantage of those opportunities when you have them in the "Not for Long" league. The Ravens could have done it last year.

Ray Rice 2011 regular season: 1,364 rushing yards, 4.7ypc, 12td; 76rec 704yds 3td

^^^ He's certainly did his part last sesaon, but that's a lot of touches for someone his (or ANYONE'S) size. He will not last much longer if he's continues to amass nearly 400 touches a season.

Note: If the Ravens could win a Super Bowl with Trent Dilfer, why would it be far fetch for Flacco to win one?

Personally, I don't see Flacco as the problem. I see their receiving corps as a problem. They keep bringing in aging guys who Flacco won't grow with. QBs don't get familiarity with their WRs by playing with new ones every 2-3 seasons. Manning grew with Harrison on one side, and Wayne on the other. His best years game with those guys being with him for a good 4-5 years during the start of his career.

Torrey Smith seems like a solid pick up for them, but I am waiting to see them bring in another top caliber youngster they can keep around for longer than 2 years.

I don't know if will happen for them but last season it was WIDE open. There for the taking. They didn't do it. And heck they could not even grab the first seed which was there for them. They blew a few winnable games.

You have to take advantage of those opportunities when you have them in the "Not for Long" league. The Ravens could have done it last year.

Yup Jules. Case in point, if WR Lee Evans doesn't drop that pass in the endzone against the Patriots, it's Ravens vs. Giants in the Superbowl. The window is beginning to close on Ray Lewis & Ed Reed. If T-Sizzle is out of the lineup this year, there will be Lombardi magic this season either IMO. Close only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades, & nuclear weapons IMO. haha:thmup::sarcasm:

I really like watching Ray Rice run, but when was the last time a running back carried his team to a SB win?

Terrell Davis 1998, Jerome Bettis, Willie Parker 2006. Colts- 2007 182 yards rushing, Dominic Rhodes 113 of those

Jerome Bettis and Willie Parker don't count because they were a running back tandem. My question was when was the last time a running back carried his team to a SB win? Terrell Davis was very impressive, but there was this guy named Elway...

Jerome Bettis and Willie Parker don't count because they were a running back tandem. My question was when was the last time a running back carried his team to a SB win? Terrell Davis was very impressive, but there was this guy named Elway...

Mike Alstott? Jamaal Lewis?

Jamaal Lewis maybe. That offense wasn't the most dynamic around. I'm not sure sure Mike Alstott carried the bucks to the SB. He was effective but I wouldn't say he carried his team. I'm thinking of guys like Jim Brown, Earl Campbell and even OJ. These guys were the center of the offense on their teams for a period of time.

Elway never wins a Super Bowl without TD's contribution of 1049 rushing yards and 11 TDs in the seven games that comprised their Super Bowl runs.

Jamaal Lewis maybe. That offense wasn't the most dynamic around. I'm not sure sure Mike Alstott carried the bucks to the SB. He was effective but I wouldn't say he carried his team. I'm thinking of guys like Jim Brown, Earl Campbell and even OJ. These guys were the center of the offense on their teams for a period of time.

Lewis definitely. The simple fact of the matter is that no player carries their team completely on their own. You can find excuses to exclude just about any RB from consideration if you really want to but that doesn't accomplish anything. It's easier to just acknowledge that some teams' success requires really leaning on certain players to perform and the Ravens have the defensive talent necessary to plausibly win a Super Bowl while relying primarily on Rice on the other side of the ball.

Lewis definitely. The simple fact of the matter is that no player carries their team completely on their own. You can find excuses to exclude just about any RB from consideration if you really want to but that doesn't accomplish anything. It's easier to just acknowledge that some teams' success requires really leaning on certain players to perform and the Ravens have the defensive talent necessary to plausibly win a Super Bowl while relying primarily on Rice on the other side of the ball.

Yes - I would say that is true. And Baltimore is one of the teams where a RB could "carry" the offense because they have a stout defense.

But could Terrell Owens win without Elway (or another top notch QB)? I guess what was said above is the real key. If a team has a really strong defense then a running back can "carry" the offense. But that is alot to ask.

But could Terrell Owens win without Elway (or another top notch QB)? I guess what was said above is the real key. If a team has a really strong defense then a running back can "carry" the offense. But that is alot to ask.

Terrell Owens? ;)

It is certainly a lot to ask of one person but there are guys out there who can do it. I happen to believe that TD in his prime was that caliber of player. His body didn't hold up long enough for him to go down as the great that he had the skills to be but he was flat out dominant in a way that few other backs have been. Before tearing his ACL and MCL in 1999 he had averaged a fairly consistent ~4.8 ypc. That's an average few backs have managed to achieve over any appreciable period of time and, had he stayed healthy and continued to produce at that level, would have easily put him in the same company as Gale Sayers, Barry Sanders, and Jim Brown.

so Rhodes and Addai dont count either? without them yards its likely we dont win that game considering how close it actually was, Manning didnt have a good game. also Terrell Davis was the MVP so how dont he count, if John had a better game he would be the MVP, he had 336 yards in his last super bowl but only 1 touchdown and 1 interception 50 of those receiveing yards went to Terrell Davis, he also had 102 rushing yards

Terrell Owens? ;)

It is certainly a lot to ask of one person but there are guys out there who can do it. I happen to believe that TD in his prime was that caliber of player. His body didn't hold up long enough for him to go down as the great that he had the skills to be but he was flat out dominant in a way that few other backs have been. Before tearing his ACL and MCL in 1999 he had averaged a fairly consistent ~4.8 ypc. That's an average few backs have managed to achieve over any appreciable period of time and, had he stayed healthy and continued to produce at that level, would have easily put him in the same company as Gale Sayers, Barry Sanders, and Jim Brown.

oops

so Rhodes and Addai dont count either? without them yards its likely we dont win that game considering how close it actually was, Manning didnt have a good game. also Terrell Davis was the MVP so how dont he count, if John had a better game he would be the MVP, he had 336 yards in his last super bowl but only 1 touchdown and 1 interception 50 of those receiveing yards went to Terrell Davis, he also had 102 rushing yards

Sure they count. I'm just looking for guys that carried their team to a SB. Addai and Rhodes didn't carry the Colts through the season to the SB. Terrell Davis had a huge impact on the Bronco's season and without him they might not get to or win the SB. Jamaal Lewis too. Those two are the best examples which is what I was asking for. In the last 15 years these are probably the 2.

That 'guy named Elway' did not get his rings until Terrell Davis arrived...

Sure they count. I'm just looking for guys that carried their team to a SB. Addai and Rhodes didn't carry the Colts through the season to the SB. Terrell Davis had a huge impact on the Bronco's season and without him they might not get to or win the SB. Jamaal Lewis too. Those two are the best examples which is what I was asking for. In the last 15 years these are probably the 2.

But what I am saying is without Rhodes and Addai's performance we likely dont win that game, Manning had an off game

But what I am saying is without Rhodes and Addai's performance we likely dont win that game, Manning had an off game

Manning had a bad game against the Ravens in those playoffs and his Super Bowl stats weren't spectacular. Without the running of Addai and Rhodes (and let's not forget Addai's record setting 10 receptions in the Super Bowl), we wouldn't have won

Manning had a bad game against the Ravens in those playoffs and his Super Bowl stats weren't spectacular. Without the running of Addai and Rhodes (and let's not forget Addai's record setting 10 receptions in the Super Bowl), we wouldn't have won

Got be able to find a way to do things in the playoffs that a team hasnt been able to do all season long is how I see it, for whatever reason our defensive line did pretty good that game in particular then again the Bears only rushed 19 times compared to our very unusual 42

Got be able to find a way to do things in the playoffs that a team hasnt been able to do all season long is how I see it, for whatever reason our defensive line did pretty good that game in particular then again the Bears only rushed 19 times compared to our very unusual 42

The wind and rain in that game was taking away the deep pass, so both teams were forced to run the ball more. But yeah, 42 rushes in one game is very unusual for a team led by Peyton Manning. It's a good sign because it shows the defense isn't able to stop us, but still, not something you see very often

The wind and rain in that game was taking away the deep pass, so both teams were forced to run the ball more. But yeah, 42 rushes in one game is very unusual for a team led by Peyton Manning. It's a good sign because it shows the defense isn't able to stop us, but still, not something you see very often

I loved it, yeah was it not the air show we normally get but I loved the toughness we showed, I am more into the smash mouth style of play