Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

new irsay tweet

HtownColt

irsay via twitter:

"ColtsFans,last year defensively,out of sync;had 2 change Coordinators/Offense put us n bad field position,time of possession on Offense hurt"

"A lot of Veteran talent on Def,including new FreeAgent adds,the guys love the new aggressive direction n Pat Mac a weapon for field position"

right on the money couldnt say it any better

lot of theses colts fans dont want to hear it. they think our D was bad and nothing can change their mind. lets not look at our offense was a complete hot mess and couldnt even get first downs. and do we want to bring up special teams? or how about eh craptastic coordinators. heck throw in the head coach also. team/scheme was built for our offense to play with lead, we never did. to much on our defense. defense buckled. any questions?

He is saying that last years offense caused many of the issues. Which overall explains the offensive heavy draft.

It's Irsay's way of explaining the draft approach.

JMO

I got that completely. Seems like a few fans dont want to hear it. apparently we didnt pick their guys so our FO sucks...LOL. now I remember why I cant stand message boards.

irsay via twitter:

"ColtsFans,last year defensively,out of sync;had 2 change Coordinators/Offense put us n bad field position,time of possession on Offense hurt"

"A lot of Veteran talent on Def,including new FreeAgent adds,the guys love the new aggressive direction n Pat Mac a weapon for field position"

Jeez - reading that made my brain hurt .... it's like deciphering tween text messages.

irsay via twitter:

"ColtsFans,last year defensively we were out of sync; we had 2 change both Coordinators. The Offense put us n bad field position sucked really, really bad and we couldn't score.time of possession or lack there of on Offense hurt"

"A lot of Veteran talent on Def,including new Free Agent adds,the guys love the new aggressive direction n Pat Mac a weapon for field position"

Here you go willysp :thmup:

Irsay's been reading my posts again.

Time of possession for our offense was a critical factor in gassing our defense and making them ineffectual.

Defensive average starting position was 29th in the league (33.6 yrd line)

The Colts season average coming in [offensive TOP to week 13] was 2 minutes, 8 seconds, and their best day was 2:39 per Drive against the Bengals..

irsay via twitter:

I love the fact that we have an owner who talks to fans.

Irsay inherited his money and Mike Tyson earned his. Who was the better steward? I'll give you a hint...one of them is raising pigeons.

Im not bangin on him... I would have loved to have been in his situation. I like the fact that he knows he isnt the best option as a GM, unlike his dad.

Irsay is the coolest owner in Sports. I feel extremely fortunate to have him running the team I love. I feel connected because he cares and he gives us his feelings through his communications. BTW, that last tweet was spot on.

Irsay is the coolest owner in Sports. I feel extremely fortunate to have him running the team I love. I feel connected because he cares and he gives us his feelings through his communications. BTW, that last tweet was spot on.

Mark Cuban is the coolest owner in sports

Guess the Bears should strip their whole team because their time of possession went down when Cutler got injured.

They kinda did... Martz is gone, and they are now getting Cuttler some help. And added a legit backup QB.

Only difference is that Cutler is still "young" by QB standards. And the Bear D is "very good" RIGHT NOW.

If you are a Dallas fan yes, otherwise he is just loud mouth rich man who tries to buy the free agency up and cries when something doesn't go his way.

When has he bought the free agency i dont recall him signing no big time player in free agency un less you call Jason Terry years back.Cuban sticks up for his players he is a true player's owner gotta love that

When has he bought the free agency i dont recall him signing no big time player in free agency un less you call Jason Terry years back.Cuban sticks up for his players he is a true player's owner gotta love that

I like Cuban a lot. He is not the typical status quo old fart. He is a "forward thinker" ... and a very successful one. I would gladly welcome someone like that into my club.

Guess the Bears should strip their whole team because their time of possession went down when Cutler got injured.

Both the Bears and Colts offenses were similar in that they revolved around players at critical positions. The Bears revolves around Cutler and Forte. The Colts obviously revolved around Peyton. When one or all of those elements aren't there, the entire offense is ineffective. Notice how Pittsburgh was able to win most of their games even without Roethlisberger and Mendenhall when they weren't playing? It's because they have an offense that isn't solely built around a QB or RB. Now we have their former offensive coordinator.

I would hardly consider what the Colts have done as stripping the team. I think of it more as reforming the foundation for better long-term success. Now the Colts will have a much more improved defense that can actually be aggressive, a new and very skilled dual-threat QB, a better rushing attack, and a ton of cap room to play with on the open market for years to come.

Both the Bears and Colts offenses were similar in that they revolved around players at critical positions. The Bears revolves around Cutler and Forte. The Colts obviously revolved around Peyton. When one or all of those elements aren't there, the entire offense is ineffective. Notice how Pittsburgh was able to win most of their games even without Roethlisberger and Mendenhall when they weren't playing? It's because they have an offense that isn't solely built around a QB or RB. Now we have their former offensive coordinator.

I would hardly consider what the Colts have done as stripping the team. I think of it more as reforming the foundation for better long-term success. Now the Colts will have a much more improved defense that can actually be aggressive, a new and very skilled dual-threat QB, a better rushing attack, and a ton of cap room to play with on the open market for years to come.

Right On...

I'm guessing you didn't get my sarcasm. These words mean nothing to me because they are only there for excuses to distract fans, and make him sleep better at night for what he did. Just like his excuse of our "money issues." Yes, we did have a tight budget this year. Next year we have boats loads of money. Even with Peyton, Dallas, Jeff, and Addai. With them combined they would have counted for $32ish million cap hit. That still like 38ish million for next year. So if Dallas and Joseph failed the physical then Peyton and Jeff would be worth a $24ish million cap hit. Leaving $46ish million. But these are all smoke screens by Irsay. And most people believe them.

Also letting half of your offense go/walk is stripping a team.

This duel QB threat I'm curious to why you think this. No one other than Andrew, barring from injury, is touching the field.

Also an improved running game really? I'm not going into this for the thousandth time. Brown, as many of you want to think, did not have that stellar year. The only difference is he got to carry the ball more. Also when the offense started to pull together in the final 5 games Donald's play dropped off, excluding the Titans game which was only a result of poor tackling and a broken play in the backfield on the Titans.

But you can't change the past and Andrew is out guy now. Just will it have been worth it is the question.