Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

T.Y. Hilton expected duties

HtownColt

According to him his duties will be:

The Colts said they want to put me in the slot, move me around outside, get me on kickoff and punt returns. They want to utilize me a lot.”

very very interesting he is going to be a top notch playmaker in this league in the future

He's the elite speed guy we have not had in many years.......

Donald Brown just went from being the fastest guy on our offesne to being the 4th or 5th fastest guy..

sproles and desean jackson hasnt had many problems being small. Id give a low 3rd for them...so im happy with the pick.

Totally agree here...my same point in another thread!

I liked Garcon, but those saying he is/was a number 1 are erroneous. He made the great catch and dropped the routine. I wanna see our new waterbug play a Jackson/Sproles role.....remember Sproles was taken in the 4th round.

Edited by BrentMc11

By small school, I meant not very big school, not small receiver.

Santana Moss, and Devin Hester went to Miami, but quite a small school Desean Jackson Cal, and Eddie Royal Virginia Tech.

Hilton is a slot/special teams guy,Nick Toon is a #1,or at worst #2 receiver. Reggie Wayne deal is for 2 years in all reality, Austin Collie is in the final year of his rookie deal. We need to look ahead.

we have at least 2 years to replace Reggie Wayne not 4 months

Just watched some video of him. Very quick feet, excellent at turning the corner and running (and keeping his balance) along the sidelines. Also seems like he knows how to use his blockers, especially on returns, which is good.

That said, someone needs to hand him a football tomorrow and tell him to hold onto it until training camp opens. High and tight, kid. High and tight.

Nah Avery is not a question mark. Or we would not have signed him.

Really? The guy has 4.3 speed and, for all intents and purposes, signed a vet minimum contract. His stock is way down because of durability concerns. We signed him because we need a talent like that and are willing to take chances on guys with good character.

As for T.Y., my guess is his primary duties will be KR/PR and 3/4 WR sets as needed. Pittsburgh has two little guys in Sanders and Brown. Then they have Mike Wallace, and they formerly had Ward. I don't see us having a Wallace kinda guy. But Avery, HIlton, and Brazill are likely our Sanders/Brown kinda guys. Wayne can likely fill the Ward role, but not as much in the blocking dept. obviously. Throw in Collie into a different role, and we have a fairly good receiving corps with loads of potential, learning from one of the greats.

While I wouldn't have minded a big bodied guy earlier in the draft, I think they made some good selections that should help Luck immensely.

Nah Avery is not a question mark. Or we would not have signed him.

.........Avery had 8 receptions last year.....signed a ONE year contract with the Colts for $615,000.....very well may turn out that he can produce at a high level...I hope he does......but there's no doubt that the Colts themselves are unsure

It is wisdom to sign Avery to the vet minimum. That is a reflection of the circumstances not of some kind of doubt about his abilities. If we did not think he could go, we would not have signed him. He's going to be our #2.

Between Collie and Avery, Avery is the bigger bet to make it through the season. Collie's concussions make him the far bigger risk. And the signing of T.Y. is a pretty good indicator that the front office thinks so.

We'll see.

That's what his bio says.....(sometimes thery exagerrate)

4.24 is world class speed.

If that's true..he might be the fastest Colt ever

Chris Johnson's 4.24 is the record doubt avery ran that

Jacoby ford is next with 4.28

not sure but T.Y.Hilton might be next with his 4.34

This video is full of big plays from him. I didn't know a ton about him when we drafted, but I'm very happy we did.

One of the best highlight videos I've seen in a while. You can't teach speed and vision, and he's got both.

It is wisdom to sign Avery to the vet minimum. That is a reflection of the circumstances not of some kind of doubt about his abilities. If we did not think he could go, we would not have signed him. He's going to be our #2.

Between Collie and Avery, Avery is the bigger bet to make it through the season. Collie's concussions make him the far bigger risk. And the signing of T.Y. is a pretty good indicator that the front office thinks so.

We'll see.

.......it would be wisdom to sign EVERY single vet at a vet minimum....why don't they?.......answer: because 31 other teams are be bidding for their services....not only do the Colts think Avery is a big question mark....SO DOES EVERYONE ELSE..........

Chris Johnson's 4.24 is the record doubt avery ran that

Jacoby ford is next with 4.28

not sure but T.Y.Hilton might be next with his 4.34

No H-Town...TY claims (and maybe that's the key word) that he ran a 4.24

Has anybody here ever actually SEEN somebody run a 4.2

I have not...

No H-Town...TY claims (and maybe that's the key word) that he ran a 4.24

Has anybody here ever actually SEEN somebody run a 4.2

I have not...

look closely at what i said coaches clocked Hilton at a 4.34 at his pro day not 4.24..4.24 is chris johnson

One of the best highlight videos I've seen in a while. You can't teach speed and vision, and he's got both.

You are not lying, FLASH

This is a pretty impressive higlight reel.

He cannot possibly be as good as he looks on this video

..I hope he paid the guy who put this together. for him. :2c:

How many other visits had he made and how many did he have scheduled?

.....he had dinner with Jerry Jones on Feb. 7th. He was served duck with rasberry sauce, he was offered a 5 year contract like Garcon's (42.5 million)...but turned it down because he wanted a cheesburger....so he signed a 1 year contract with the Colts for 615 thousand....I know, I know sounds crazy.....

All of the speedsters say they are the fastest. Johnson has fastest "official" time but there is a website (if you search you'll find it) that has a list of official and unofficial combine times. Bo Jackson has the fastest unofficial time and it is faaaassst. Darrel Green was up there, too. Oddly enough, Deion Sanders was closer to top 10 but he gets most of the hype.

.....he had dinner with Jerry Jones on Feb. 7th. He was served duck with rasberry sauce, he was offered a 5 year contract like Garcon's (42.5 million)...but turned it down because he wanted a cheesburger....so he signed a 1 year contract with the Colts for 615 thousand....I know, I know sounds crazy.....

So, just one?