Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts will go 3-1 these next 4 weeks.

tfunky14

I got a feeling the Colts will go 3 out 4 these next 4 games. How they do is to be seen but that's what I feel. 

Minnesota-lost the last 2, going to be 3

Buffalo-Colts seem to play them well, Bills are due for let down game

NYJ - Jets are a dumpster fire now

Detroit- this is their one loss, the Lions are good

1 hour ago, tfunky14 said:

I got a feeling the Colts will go 3 out 4 these next 4 games. How they do is to be seen but that's what I feel. 

Only way is if Flacco is starting , mind you I’m all about letting Richardson play but let’s be honest we have along way to go. 1-3 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I certainly think so. We need to run the ball more with JT & AR. A balanced approach will improve the efficiency of the offense and morale of the defense. The offense is one dimensional and it's hurting the team on both sides of the football.

32 minutes ago, jbaron04 said:

Only way is if Flacco is starting , mind you I’m all about letting Richardson play but let’s be honest we have along way to go. 1-3 

I agree regarding Flacco.  JT still got his 100 yards against Hou despite Shane's *-poor play calling and AR's *-poor performance.  At this point, do what you need to do to get 10 wins at season's end and see where the dust settles.

2 hours ago, tfunky14 said:

Is this bc Flacco will be at QB? No I'm just kidding! Sort of.........

2 hours ago, tfunky14 said:

Not with AR . 1-3. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ColtAndOrioles said:

I think Detroit and Minn destroy the Colts.   Both teams offenses are great.  Buffalo should destroy them but we always play them tough.  Jets game is winnable for sure. 

No team has destroyed us so far and the defense is playing better the last few weeks.  I can see 2-2 with all of the games being competitive and close.

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

No team has destroyed us so far and the defense is playing better the last few weeks.  I can see 2-2 with all of the games being competitive and close.

If we can get to 6-6, we are set up nicely for the final 5 games...provided Shane's play calling doesn't get in the way.  The Denver game now looms large as it could be a head-to-head tiebreaker of who gets in and who stays home.

• Like 1

Isn't Detroit due for a down game? They have been dominating other teams, so it's time to have an off day. Would be something if it's against the Colts. 

If the Colts played Kansas City, I'm quite sure that they would hand the Chiefs a loss. Not coming from Indy this year, though.

3 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Flacco needs to start. Richardson  should  be used for trick plays or wild cat until he becomes  more accurate 

Won’t happen. Benching him could deliver a huge hit to his confidence and Ballard would basically be admitting either he made a mistake drafting him or that the coaching staff made a mistake by playing him immediately and keeping him in despite his performance. 

4 hours ago, tfunky14 said:

Excuse Me Shock GIF by The Voice

What you smokin on??? Colts are more  a dumpster fire than anyone!

30 minutes ago, Qwiz said:

Won’t happen. Benching him could deliver a huge hit to his confidence and Ballard would basically be admitting either he made a mistake drafting him or that the coaching staff made a mistake by playing him immediately and keeping him in despite his performance. 

Nothing wrong with correcting a mistake.  We all make mistakes.  Doing nothing about it is worse.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tfunky14 said:

Minnesota lost to 2 offensive juggernauts. The Vikings will let AR throw the air out the ball while putting 8 in the box. Bills will run all over this non existent run defense and the Lions will probably exploit our safe zone scheme. Jets are a dumpster but I don’t trust this team to do well.

46 minutes ago, Qwiz said:

You are worried about this guy’s confidence? He would have to have a brain first.

If you haven’t seen it, watch his post-game interview yesterday. This rocket scientist said among other things he is currently a great passer. The basis for the remark? Because he has played qb a long time and others try to evaluate him on criteria that don’t fit his unique makeup.

There are lots of dumb pro athletes, but having a complete dope as the starting qb will never work.

4 hours ago, Solon said:

I certainly think so. We need to run the ball more with JT & AR. A balanced approach will improve the efficiency of the offense and morale of the defense. The offense is one dimensional and it's hurting the team on both sides of the football.

This. Even if you are among those who have given up on AR, the play-calling hasn’t done this team any favor. AR’s legs and JT are our two biggest weapons and it feels like every game we are underutilizing one or the other or both. Part of the idea with AR was that he doesn’t have to be. 70 percent passing QB if he can helps move the ball in other ways. We aren’t even taking advantage of that. I want him to develop as a passer but I also wouldn’t mind seeing him scramble a little more on 1st or 2nd down. He could reasonably get us 4+ yards. Better outcome than forcing a ball into tight coverage and getting nothing or worse.

30 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Nothing wrong with correcting a mistake.  We all make mistakes.  Doing nothing about it is worse.

Agreed. But making mistakes like drafting a quarterback in the top five and then having him fail, putting you right back at square one less than two years later, usually leads to people getting fired. I don’t think Ballard or Steichen are eager to get fired. 

14 minutes ago, azcolt said:

You are worried about this guy’s confidence? He would have to have a brain first.

If you haven’t seen it, watch his post-game interview yesterday. This rocket scientist said among other things he is currently a great passer. The basis for the remark? Because he has played qb a long time and others try to evaluate him on criteria that don’t fit his unique makeup.

There are lots of dumb pro athletes, but having a complete dope as the starting qb will never work.

Yeah, it wasn’t a good interview at all. Judging by what I read he definitely came across as smug or else willfully ignorant of where the critiques of his game are coming from. I’m not advocating for him remaining the starter; I’m just pointing out the reasoning as to why I don’t expect him to be pulled. If it does happen, then things could really get ugly, especially if Flacco comes in and starts winning games. 

7 minutes ago, Qwiz said:

Agreed. But making mistakes like drafting a quarterback in the top five and then having him fail, putting you right back at square one less than two years later, usually leads to people getting fired. I don’t think Ballard or Steichen are eager to get fired. 

That is what losing teams like the Jets do. They don't show patience.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ColtAndOrioles said:

I think Detroit and Minn destroy the Colts.   Both teams offenses are great.  Buffalo should destroy them but we always play them tough.  Jets game is winnable for sure. 

The Colts always play the Vikings well. In 2016, the Vikings started 5-0 just like this year. The Colts defense was pretty poor and the OL was young and not too strong. The Vikings still had Adrian Peterson. Many Colts fans (except a few like Superman) said the Vikings would destroy the Colts. Instead, Luck and the Colts destroyed the Vikings.

7 hours ago, tfunky14 said:

Who at QB for the Colts?