Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vikings game flexed to prime time

Restinpeacesweetchloe

3 hours ago, MarylandTerrapin said:

I wonder if they plan on flexing our game against the Jets out of SNF on 11/17 and did the 11/3 flex to still give us exposure.  The Jets are in a free fall at 2-5 while we are in the mix for a wild card.

If he's not injured, then yes.

Oh that would be great I’m going to that one and would love a 1pm start night games at the meadowlands are brutal 

3 hours ago, Superman said:

For everyone negatively affected by a flex game, there are others positively affected by them. 

How so? I'm sure if you bought tickets and airfare for you and your family and also made hotel reservations you would care less about the positives for others. Let's say hotel check out time is 11AM Sunday and your return flight has a 7 Sunday night departure. The NFL should have to reimburse. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, coltsfan_canada said:

I don't like these prime time games when your team is not so good then the whole world will message you next day at work. "Man whats wrong with your QB" or "Whats that special team play you guys pulled" 

Or we can maybe have a surprise and they play well. Either way it’s another good test for AR to grow and learn. With Buckner and Taylor back we should be able to take some pressure  off him.  Maybe AR will give them something they haven’t seen and cause them issues. 

There is a reason this game was flexed.    The Colts are not being written off by the football world  like by  the ________.   on this board  (lets pretend I said haters and not something that rhymes with *s ).     

Believe it or not    There are some in the world that do not agree with the ________ on this board.    It may very well be a very exciting game if the Colts are at full strength.     

We shall see.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ChuggaBeer said:

There is a reason this game was flexed.    The Colts are not being written off by the football world  like by  the ________.   on this board  (lets pretend I said haters and not something that rhymes with *s ).     

Believe it or not    There are some in the world that do not agree with the ________ on this board.    It may very well be a very exciting game if the Colts are at full strength.     

We shall see.  

Holder mentioned on the radio today the week nine slate of games is really bad.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

How so? I'm sure if you bought tickets and airfare for you and your family and also made hotel reservations you would care less about the positives for others. Let's say hotel check out time is 11AM Sunday and your return flight has a 7 Sunday night departure. The NFL should have to reimburse. 

If you buy tickets to an out of town NFL game you do so at your own risk of that game being moved.  

NFL reimbursing is high comedy. 

I love it. 1.) I get to watch it on TV, and 2.) No matter what outcome happens, it magnifies it to a national audience and is a good thing. Either we win against a legit team and it's a big performance on a national stage for this team, or we lose and it exposes how bad this team to everyone that watches in the world. 

Either way, it accomplishes one of the extreme outcomes towards this team getting in some way. Whether AR takes a step forward, or it exposes Ballard and the team to the world and gets him closer to being fired. In either case, we want the Colts to win, and this will be a big test for them that everyone will get to see on a national stage.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

The blitzes Minnesota is going to throw at us that game is going to be wild. 

Negative lol. But i dare them to blitz a running QB, whose only strength so far is running and throwing deep to 2 6'3"+ 

Wr's down the field lol.

They are much better off sitting in zones and watching 5 yard outs sail over the head into the benches haha

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Or we can maybe have a surprise and they play well. Either way it’s another good test for AR to grow and learn. With Buckner and Taylor back we should be able to take some pressure  off him.  Maybe AR will give them something they haven’t seen and cause them issues. 

Previous prime times we let Dallas a historical 4th Qtr scores, then historical comeback by Vikings, and stupid punt play. I hope we don't pull any shenanigans and surprise the world with talent for once. Let's hope so

7 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Vikings are so good. I really don’t like this 

What makes you say that?

In 2016, the Vikings started 5-0. The defense looked great and the Colts OL was very young. They played very well and Andrew Luck killed the Vikings defense. He embarrassed the Vikings.

@rockywoj  You were at that game, right? Will you be going to this one?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

What makes you say that?

In 2016, the Vikings started 5-0. The defense looked great and the Colts OL was very young. They played very well and Andrew Luck killed the Vikings defense. He embarrassed the Vikings.

Ar isn't  Andrew Luck though

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

I guess put your tickets up for sale.   EVERYONE should know there is always a possibility your team can be flexed. 

11 hours ago, Yoshinator said:

I love it. 1.) I get to watch it on TV, and 2.) No matter what outcome happens, it magnifies it to a national audience and is a good thing. Either we win against a legit team and it's a big performance on a national stage for this team, or we lose and it exposes how bad this team to everyone that watches in the world. 

Either way, it accomplishes one of the extreme outcomes towards this team getting in some way. Whether AR takes a step forward, or it exposes Ballard and the team to the world and gets him closer to being fired. In either case, we want the Colts to win, and this will be a big test for them that everyone will get to see on a national stage.

agree

• Like 1

18 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

There are two sides to every coin. For some people, the change might be negative, for others it might be positive.

I just flew into Indy for the Steelers game. When I was planning my trip, I considered the flex possibilities, and one of the reasons I chose an earlier game was to eliminate the possibility of the game being flexed, which would have inconvenienced me. The NFL has been flexing games since 2006. When you buy tickets and plan a trip like this, you do so with the understanding that the schedule could be changed.

Just now, richard pallo said:

Fortunately they are very beatable.

I think they have great talent at key positions(LT, WR), but they also are not stacked by any means... which is why I think what their coaches have done is impressive. 

1 minute ago, stitches said:

I think they have great talent at key positions(LT, WR), but they also are not stacked by any means... which is why I think what their coaches have done is impressive. 

I think we have great talent at LT and WR as well.  For me this game is all about which quarterback performs.

1 hour ago, Superman said:

There are two sides to every coin. For some people, the change might be negative, for others it might be positive.

I just flew into Indy for the Steelers game. When I was planning my trip, I considered the flex possibilities, and one of the reasons I chose an earlier game was to eliminate the possibility of the game being flexed, which would have inconvenienced me. The NFL has been flexing games since 2006. When you buy tickets and plan a trip like this, you do so with the understanding that the schedule could be changed.

The bottom line is, the NFL doesn't give a hoot about inconveniencing fans as long as it gets it's money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

The bottom line is, the NFL doesn't give a hoot about inconveniencing fans as long as it gets it's money.

That's probably true. It's a business, after all. 

My point is that while it sucks for some people, it's also an inherent risk that a person assumes when they buy tickets. And just because it sucks for some doesn't mean it sucks for all. 

19 hours ago, NFLfan said:

What makes you say that?

I was at that game, yes!   Can’t be at the upcoming one, though, as I will still be on my trip to Peru. (Sitting on the tarmac at LAX right now, waiting to depart to Lima.)

With any luck, they will have the game on somewhere the Lima airport, as that is where I will be, waiting for my 1:00 AM departure back to North America.  Fingers crossed. 

1 hour ago, Superman said:

That's probably true. It's a business, after all. 

My point is that while it sucks for some people, it's also an inherent risk that a person assumes when they buy tickets. And just because it sucks for some doesn't mean it sucks for all. 

I have been through this scenario before; which is Why I originally scheduled my flight out of MN. on Monday.

The last time the Colts played US Bank Stadium they lead 33-0 at halftime before losing in OT. 

3 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Obviously.   They are a multi billion dollar company.   The bottom line is all that matters.   I just don't think the Vikings -colts  match up will bring in significantly more than eagles jags