Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Positive development thread.

JediXMan

I know there’s a lot of concerns and issues currently with the Colts recently mainly on the defensive but let’s talk about some of the positives developments that seem to be overlooked.

It seems like we got our future C to replace Kelly. He has looked good. Alec Pierce is on pace for a career year and looks to finally be flourishing. OL as a whole has been one the best in the league after a slump in 22.  Feel free to add any other positive developments you’ve seen.

• Like 6

I think Cross has played better than expected.

Jones  looks like a decent player especially when you consider where he was drafted.

Latu is showing promise.

OL looks to have decent depth but a swing tackle may be a problem. I'm sure we'll find out at some point...ughhh

I think the WR's are as good as they have been in a while and I was wrong about AP..He looks great IMO.

JT looks to be back to elite form but can he stay healthy.

I may be a minority here but I still think AR has a chance to be special but he has to stay healthy first.

We just need new leadership and a change in philosophy and quit wasting time and it's a lot easier to be positive. With the right leadership and a little luck, maybe we can turn it around quickly and seeing other teams do it quickly gives me hope so that is positive too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChuggaBeer said:

There is nothing I look for throughout the year more relaxing on Sundays with a cold beer to watch my Colts.   If they win it is awesome and if they lose.....  well there's always more beer 

But either way I am a die hard Colts fan.   No bandwagon here.   I win or lose with this team 

BUT

I am officially not going back into the game day thread anymore. I shoulda known but...Yea I know know I know...  I The negativity  is ridiculous 

Because as big of a fan as I am.   Its a game,   it's nothing to live and die by.

I know it's not what the OP was asking but my positive development is just being a fan    

Same here, Sundays are the best. Good food, good beer, and a lot of football.

• Like 2

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Tucker did a nice job when called on yesterday.

Was just getting ready to type that. You know what they say about great minds.

How about Josh Downs?  Great pick, Kid can always get open, and gets YAC.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am thankful for this thread.  Definitely lots of negativity to go around, but as a true fan, I find positives even in losses.  Sermon got me 17 fantasy points!  That's a positive :P   All kidding aside, the consistency of Pierce is encouraging.  I'm glad he's getting his.  Womack is a keeper thus far!  Downs's number 1 couldn't be more correct.  1st Downs all day long!   We are tied for 4th in total TDs, and only 3 behind the leader (Ravens).  We're tied for 4th in rushing TDs, and tied for 5th in receiving TDs.  We're tied for 4th in yards per attempt, at 8.1.  Please correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this make us a top 5 offense???  Pretty amazing all things considered.

Just found this.  We all know AR needs work, but he leads the league in CAY (Average Completed Air Yards) with 10.2.  Once he settles in (like the game he got hurt), and lowers that TT (Time to Throw), consistently, and learns to protect himself, he's got the potential to be great.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ChuggaBeer said:

There is nothing I look for throughout the year more relaxing on Sundays with a cold beer to watch my Colts.   If they win it is awesome and if they lose.....  well there's always more beer 

But either way I am a die hard Colts fan.   No bandwagon here.   I win or lose with this team 

BUT

I am officially not going back into the game day thread anymore. I shoulda known but...Yea I know know I know...  I The negativity  is ridiculous 

Because as big of a fan as I am.   Its a game,   it's nothing to live and die by.

I know it's not what the OP was asking but my positive development is just being a fan    

The name of the game is Enjoyment & Entertainment..... and in your case it also includes beer. haha

So you have the exact right attitude.

• Like 1

I guess it's only fair to give credit where credit is due.

I don't like Ballard's overall team building approach, but he's definitely made some good picks with Alec Pierce and Will Fries. Also it seems like Tanor Bortolini will turn out good. Dalton Tucker looks promising.

Goncalves is probably going to be playing next year(if not sooner also). We are going to have a very young offensive line next season. This offensive is loaded, hopefully Richardson will be able to stay on the field, but we are in good hands with Flacco.

9 hours ago, New Zealands #1 Colts Fan said:

Positive thread - 10 posts in 3 hours

Negative thread- 100 posts in 3 hours.

Guess people prefer to moan more...........................................

The forum GMs get frustrated and upset when the Colts win and put their boring negative spin on the win. When the Colts lose, they are happy and tell us how right they are and how they would run the organization.. It truly is entertaining but also,its a reflection of their sad lives.

12 hours ago, ChuggaBeer said:

BUT

I don't do the Game Day thread during the game simply because my attention winds up being on the posts and not on the game itself.  I watch intently.  What are the formations?  Who is on the field?  What was it we were trying to do?  Did we do it?  I try to guess the play.  And I can't do any of that if I'm watching the thread comments pinging every three seconds.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

I don't do the Game Day thread during the game simply because my attention winds up being on the posts and not on the game itself.  I watch intently.  What are the formations?  Who is on the field?  What was it we were trying to do?  Did we do it?  I try to guess the play.  And I can't do any of that if I'm watching the thread comments pinging every three seconds.

I now listen on the radio instead of watching. Frees up my time to work on carpentry, drink beer and enjoy some time with the kiddos.