Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts at Jags post game

GoColts8818

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

There is nothing a GM can do when half your starters then their backups are injured.

I disagree... our #1 need in the offseason was arguably the secondary... Ballard did nothing !! we could of even signed pro bowl Justin Simmons even well after the draft.. Falcons picked him up and he is playing well... then you bring in Bradley and his scheme which many ( including myself ) do not care for... why was it Soo Effective in the Legion Of Boom ... Talent... He had 4 soon to be HOF... Richard Simmons (CB) Earl Thomas & Kam Chancellor ( Safeties) and don't forget the great Bobby Wagner.... the eye and stats don't lie... Bradley's Defense with the Colts make poor and average QB's look like Pro Bowlers... we are constantly letting people make big plays and walk down the field on us... He Needs To GO!!!                                                                                              Ballard lives and Drafts by the RAS... look how that has worked out for us in his tenure...                                                                        I believe we He will not get us to the SB... the Colts management need to look for a new GM ( Ed Dodd ?) and a new DC ... 

• Thanks 1

Just now, CS Coltsfan said:

I disagree... our #1 need in the offseason was arguably the secondary... Ballard did nothing !! we could of even signed pro bowl Justin Simmons even well after the draft.. Falcons picked him up and he is playing well... then you bring in Bradley and his scheme which many ( including myself ) do not care for... why was it Soo Effective in the Legion Of Boom ... Talent... He had 4 soon to be HOF... Richard Simmons (CB) Earl Thomas & Kam Chancellor ( Safeties) and don't forget the great Bobby Wagner.... the eye and stats don't lie... Bradley's Defense with the Colts make poor and average QB's look like Pro Bowlers... we are constantly letting people make big plays and walk down the field on us... He Needs To GO!!!                                                                                              Ballard lives and Drafts by the RAS... look how that has worked out for us in his tenure...                                                                        I believe we He will not get us to the SB... the Colts management need to look for a new GM ( Ed Dodd ?) and a new DC ... 

This was on the dline and not being able to get pressure because of injuries.

17 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Of course when AR is healthy, he has to play. He just cannot stay healthy. I said on this board that I would give him 17 games to prove he was the guy. I wouldn't be critical of his play as I knew there would be a lot of ups and downs. His inability to stay healthy is something that I believe I am free to comment in 5 games in. It is very alarming and honestly, I don't think he will turn into Lou Gehrig or Cal Ripken, lol. 

Soft as Charmin. He should have focused his athletic talent on a sport that doesn’t include violence directed at him on every play. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Really? We have had 8 years of this defence at full strength and they still were average to below average. They got burned deep today. What did that have to do with injuries. Ballard said trust the talent. Trust the uoung guys will develop. I have never in my life seen a GM get so much excuses for failure at his job in my life than Chris "Mr. Transparent" Ballard.

I will just say this.  And I said this 7 years ago when most people on this website and others were saying how great Ballard is.  In fact I was banned on one website because I said back then that Ballard was arrogant, conceited, and it was his way of thinking only (Everyone else was an *) and he will never change.   The people on the site were Ballard apologists and banned me as a result. 

So when I heard what he said this fall.....where he said I will "do what I do and if it gets me fired?  So be it?"  I said again PLEASE FIRE HIM.  No one in their right mind who cared about their job would ever say such a thing.  It is almost like he wants to get fired.  Or he is so arrogant that he just thinks it won't happen. 

Life is about adapting.  Not sticking with things that may have worked at one time or maybe have never worked.  And now AR is behaving the same as Ballard.  It is rubbing off on him.   Literally this week he said...and I am paraphrasing..."I will do what I do (not sliding or protecting myself) and if the fans don't like it?  Whatever."

Watch Jayden Daniels.  He runs even more than AR.  But he almost never gets hit.  Why?  Because the coaches have taught him how not to get hit.  It is a necessity in today's NFL.  But not for the Colts.    The Colts have a major malfunction going back all the way to ownership.  I think Irsay is a good guy.  He cares.  He will spend the money.  But he is WAY too forgiving of his employees lack of performance and way too nice.  Ballard should have been gone years ago as I said.  Instead he calls him one of the best GMs ever. 

A guy who has an under 500 win %.  Make that make sense. 

I am sorry but Ballard is a terrible GM and his philosophy of not holding people accountable, of building the trenches in place of positions that really count, and for refusing to ever sign any free agents of note but instead rewarding "his own"...with his own being players that are just average?   It is so outdated that his nickname should be 'Edsel'. 

And the most infuriating thing is he refuses to change.  Just like AR. 

He needs to be fired TODAY.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, azcolt said:

Soft as Charmin. He should have focused his athletic talent on a sport that doesn’t include violence directed at him on every play. 

I will give him one more chance. I truly beleive that if he cannot finish out the year when he comes back. It will be time to look else where.

1 minute ago, ColtAndOrioles said:

I will just say this.  And I said this 7 years ago when most people on this website and others were saying how great Ballard is.  In fact I was banned on one website because I said back then that Ballard was arrogant, conceited, and it was his way of thinking only (Everyone else was an *) and he will never change.   The people on the site were Ballard apologists and banned me as a result. 

So when I heard what he said this fall.....where he said I will "do what I do and if it gets me fired?  So be it?"  I said again PLEASE FIRE HIM.  No one in their right mind who cared about their job would ever say such a thing.  It is almost like he wants to get fired.  Or he is so arrogant that he just thinks it won't happen. 

Life is about adapting.  Not sticking with things that may have worked at one time or maybe have never worked.  And now AR is behaving the same as Ballard.  It is rubbing off on him.   Literally this week he said...and I am paraphrasing..."I will do what I do (not sliding or protecting myself) and if the fans don't like it?  Whatever."

Watch Jayden Daniels.  He runs even more than AR.  But he almost never gets hit.  Why?  Because the coaches have taught him how not to get hit.  It is a necessity in today's NFL.  But not for the Colts.    The Colts have a major malfunction going back all the way to ownership.  I think Irsay is a good guy.  He cares.  He will spend the money.  But he is WAY too forgiving of his employees lack of performance and way too nice.  Ballard should have been gone years ago as I said.  Instead he calls him one of the best GMs ever. 

I am sorry but Ballard is a terrible GM and his philosophy of not holding people accountable, of building the trenches in place of positions that really count, and for refusing to ever sign any free agents of note but instead rewarding "his own"...with his own being players that are just average?   It is so outdated that his nickname should be 'Edsel'. 

Amen!!!!

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

I will give him one more chance. I truly beleive that if he cannot finish out the year when he comes back. It will be time to look else where.

I really hope this AR experiment doesn’t go past this season. Either he’s the guy or he isn’t and let’s move on.  I’m hoping it’s crystal clear by the end of the season.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

We might of pulled this out if that fumble by Flacco hadn’t happened at the end of first half. A FG there would have been a six point swing.

If the defense could’ve not given up 37 points or made one stop we could’ve won. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know we are banged up but that where depth should come through. You should never lose if your offense scores 34. I said to everyone in here the Ravens would win today because the Bengals D sucks.

they almost didn’t but Zac Taylor chose to run the ball to go for a difficult 53 yard field goal and the Bengals did Bengals stuff. :) 

6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

could be Bradley's Scheme... he is known  to not push for pass rush... look at his career... 

if you say it is in Dline and not anything about the secondary then we must have watched a different game....

the Defense on this team has been BAD all year... look the the stats... the one denominator... Gus Bradley and his Scheme

14 minutes ago, Jason_ said:

Oh come on man...not you too. 

lol, not me. JT even said he was capable of playing last week. So why does he miss this week? This is a game where if we miss the playoffs we will look back on and say WOW. I was ok with Joe playing. AR needed the week off.

21 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Coaches like having all the power but JT needed to step up today and say I am playing. he is the face of the team. I would have played, his ankle is probably sore but he wanted to come back in last week so that tells me he could have played today. With the losing streak we have against this team, I am pulling an Emmitt and winning this freakin game. 

His ankle had much more pain the days following the game last week.   No reason to have played him if he is gimpy.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

We got that figured out.

We should have gotten it figured out in the first half of the first game. Not having it take two whole games. Especially against a team that was starting Willis. Everyone in the world knew what Green Bay was going to do... except Gus, apparently.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ColtAndOrioles said:

One other thing, and this is a shallow comment I admit but to me it points to a flaw in Ballard's personality and a reason why he does not succeed.  Watch his body movements at press conferences.  Watch how he dresses.  He is always trying to look and act like a 28 year old with his flexing.  His attire.  His hats that even the guys in S Cal don't wear anymore.   He dies his hair.  Lately, for lack of a better comparison, he looks more and more like a fat, scuffed Axl Rose.   He looks like a pudgy little guy with lots of botox. 

But in his mind I promise you he thinks he looks like a young Matt Damon lol. 

I think he is a good scout but his entire persona is so arrogant and fake that he will never allow himself to be a leader of men and an organization.  People see right through all that stuff.  And they don't like it.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

Colts need to trade for some help on defense. Even when healthy this defense sucks. Although if the colts are okay with throwing the season away so AR can get his reps I guess it really doesn’t matter.

At this point I would just like to see Richardson ON THE FIELD for the remainder of the season, so the Colts can determine if they finally have their franchise QB. The Colts are not really going anywhere without one.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

lol, not me. JT even said he was capable of playing last week. So why does he miss this week? This is a game where if we miss the playoffs we will look back on and say WOW. I was ok with Joe playing. AR needed the week off.

Have you never sprained an ankle?  The swelling and pain are much worse the days following.   He was also full of adrenaline last week.   Tons of players come back in a game and miss games afterwards.   

• Like 2

Just now, jvan1973 said:

His ankle had much more pain the days following the game last week.   No reason to have played him if he is gimpy.  

What were the 2 things I preached in the offseason. We needed a good backup for Taylor and another Safety like Simmons, neither happened. Our RB room isn't good without Taylor and we got burnt deep 3 times today. That is on Christopher Ballard. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dobbinblitz said:

At this point I would just like to see Richardson ON THE FIELD for the remainder of the season, so the Colts can determine if they finally have their franchise QB. The Colts are not really going anywhere without one.

I have no questions about Richardson being the future. He has shored enough. The issue is can he have more football awareness so he does not get hurt.

17 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

why couldnt they get pressure ? latu is a first round pick dayo is a second round pick .   two very high draft picks should be able to get one sack . 

Yeah I agree.  I think it is possible that Flacco gives the Colts a better chance to win right now.  I am not sure because AR is hurt so often though.  But lets face it, the Colts are not winning a SB this year with Joe.  Just what it is.   So better off seeing if AR can actually stay healthy and improve. 

I think he could improve if he can stay on the field.  But I am starting to think more and more that his attitude, personality, and low pain tolerance will never allow him to be what we already see in Jayden Daniels for example.  

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What were the 2 things I preached in the offseason. We needed a good backup for Taylor and another Safety like Simmons, neither happened. Our RB room isn't good without Taylor and we got burnt deep 3 times today. That is on Christopher Ballard. 

100%....  he makes Guy the highest paid Kicker in the league and he won't spend the $$ to keep Moss or go get Much needed help in the secondary both CB & Safety

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CS Coltsfan said:

100%....  he makes Guy the highest paid Kicker in the league and he won't spend the $$ to keep Moss or go get Much needed help in the secondary both CB & Safety

Moss wasn’t going to comeback for any reasonable offer, because he wanted to be the starter, he took less money to be the starter of the Bengals

5 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

why couldnt they get pressure ? latu is a first round pick dayo is a second round pick .   two very high draft picks should be able to get one sack . 

Just more Ballard misfires.  People think because he drafted so well his first year that he is a draft guru. 

He isn't.    And if he can't draft?  The only other thing he can do well is manage the salary cap and pay his own.  That is no way to win in the NFL.  As we have seen the past 7 years under his leadership. 

4 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

Latu is a rookie . We had two DE even worth anything. They can’t play every snap. Your just forgetting add not having Buckner in there too.

Just now, ColtAndOrioles said:

Just more Ballard misfires.  People think because he drafted so well his first year that he is a draft guru. 

He isn't.    And if he can't draft?  They only other thing he can do well is manage the salary cap and pay his own.  That is no way to win in the NFL.  As we have seen the past 7 years under his leadership. 

Had we had Simmons and Moss today we win this game by 10.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yes he did. He wanting to come back in last week, the sideline reporters even said it. I would not have said that if I didn't know. 

Tbh, they can’t do it all.  You’re asking a rookie and project to be Dwight and Mathis.  Not going to happen.  This has been a consistent problem with Ballard, expecting a pinto to drive like a Lamborghini.  That’s why I was so ecstatic about the Latu pick because we finally got some one who’s proven and not a project.  Problem is, he’s a rookie.  

we need to blitz. We had only blitzed the jags 3 times until the later part of the 4th qtr.  I’m not asking us to be the 00s SB ravens D, but man, we can’t send a LB or Safety more often?  We play cover 3 single safety majority of the time.  I want to start using Cross’ athleticism and see him go after a QB sometimes.  

1 minute ago, smittywerb said:

Tbh, they can’t do it all.  You’re asking a rookie and project to be Dwight and Mathis.  Not going to happen.  This has been a consistent problem with Ballard, expecting a pinto to drive like a Lamborghini.  That’s why I was so ecstatic about the Latu pick because we finally got some one who’s proven and not a project.  Problem is, he’s a rookie.  

we need to blitz. We had only blitzed the jags 3 times until the later part of the 4th qtr.  I’m not asking us to be the 00s SB ravens D, but man, we can’t send a LB or Safety more often?

The jags killed us when we blitzed 

4 minutes ago, ColtAndOrioles said:

Yeah I agree.  I think it is possible that Flacco gives the Colts a better chance to win right now.  I am not sure because AR is hurt so often though.  But lets face it, the Colts are not winning a SB this year with Joe.  Just what it is.   So better off seeing if AR can actually stay healthy and improve. 

I think he could improve if he can stay on the field.  But I am starting to think more and more that his attitude, personality, and low pain tolerance will never allow him to be what we already see in Jayden Daniels for example.  

Yes, Bo Nix is not looking to shabby either.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ColtAndOrioles said:

One other thing, and this is a shallow comment I admit but to me it points to a flaw in Ballard's personality and a reason why he does not succeed.  Watch his body movements at press conferences.  Watch how he dresses.  He is always trying to look and act like a 28 year old with his flexing.  His attire.  His hats that even the guys in S Cal don't wear anymore.   He dies his hair.  Lately, for lack of a better comparison, he looks more and more like a fat, scuffed Axl Rose.   He looks like a pudgy little guy with lots of botox. 

But in his mind I promise you he thinks he looks like a young Matt Damon lol. 

I think he is a good scout but his entire persona is so arrogant and fake that he will never allow himself to be a leader of men and an organization.  People see right through all that stuff.  And they don't like it.

Abolutley. He relishes being the cool guy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Moss wasn’t going to comeback for any reasonable offer, because he wanted to be the starter, he took less money to be the starter of the Bengals

Money talks. Had we offered more he would have stayed. Instead, we pay FG Kicker 10 mill a year or whatever it is and he misses anything outside of 50 now.

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

The jags killed us when we blitzed 

Well, we have to tackle also which was bad today.  But with what you said…and?  We’re just going to sit back and let them win?  I’d rather us try and fail than to not try at all and fail.  Announcers have been calling out the colts lack of blitzing all season.  Did it today as well.  like I said, not expecting us to be a blitz happy team, but when you only blitz 3 times in 36mins, it’s easy to see why every qb has a career day against us.

• Like 1

Yes, Bo Nix is not looking to shabby either.

The odd thing is I really don't see a lot of conceit and red flags in AR's general personality.

Seems like a good guy.  Not to full of himself.

But I think because he is so big (for an NFL QB) he thinks of himself as superman who can just crash though any tackle when in reality he is the opposite.  His pain tolerance is low and his ability to absorb a hit is almost non existent.  Add in the fact that he refuses to slide or run OB with any regularity? 

Recipe for disaster.  I really think his size makes him think he can do things that he really can't.  He would be better off thinking he was Jayden Daniels size.   Weighs much less but tall.  Fast and athletic.  Realizes that he doesn't need to take hits that he doesn't have to.  I watched his whole game today and he ran a ton but might have got hit once.  And even that wasn't much. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

And I'm not disagreeing with either.  But saying JT is weak because he didn't play is misguided.   Also,  the lack of a run game didn't lose today.   The dbs blowing coverage and not being able to tackle Bigby was.