Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What do you miss as a Colt's fan?

bluephantom87

Me personally it's the shoe being on prime time. Man I couldn't wait for Sunday or Monday night games!! I used to get so hyped when it came on hearing the intro theme music with the Colt's highlight reel playing in the background. Boy do I miss the Manning and Luck days when the Colts were a staple on prime time! The Thursday night games were cool but we usually played a division foe that took a beat down. Lol

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

The decibel level in the Hoosier Dome. 

after SB celebrations me and my family decided to skip out on the parade out of fear of not getting into the dome. Found out later they had to turn people away at the doors. It was so loud in there you could only feel the screams leave your body. That place was rocking. 

to OP, I miss a lot of things about the Peyton era, but I’ll go with one less talked about. I miss Bob Sanders and and his effect on the defense. I miss Tony Dungy and his always punt/kick the field goal ways. 

• Like 1

More Games in Germany 🤣

No, for real, the home is LOS and it's good the way it is.

What I miss are probably the playoffs. 

Nothing more thrilling than playing in must win games.

But good times come and go. Gives you strong emotions. That's why we love the game.

• Like 1

One of the weirdest reasons I became a Colts fan...

I would watch football with my parents, mom was a cowboys fan so naturally I became a cowboys fan too around like 1998 when they started free-falling lol. Anyways, Watching their games was pathetic, every 3rd down just seemed inevitable that they would punt. 

When I started watching Colts games, because I had Peyton on one of my 1st fantasy teams. I remember thinking "man this team doesn't care if it's 3rd down, they just convert it and keep going"

Thats what I miss.. how easy it was for the offense to convert. Now it feels like Christmas, especially this year. 

I miss having a potential 8 hall of fame players on the field on the same time.  Knowing that what you are watching is one of those things that only comes around for your home team once in a lifetime.

(QB Manning, RB James, WR Harrison, WR Wayne, C Saturday, DE Freeney, DE Mathis, K Vinatieri)

11 hours ago, chrisfarley said:

The decibel level in the Hoosier Dome. 

Yeah it used to be so loud in there especially when they started stomping on the steel benches in the upper levels on 3rd down for opposing teams. Man!!! Think about it the decibel level was so high that the Colts used to be accused of piping sound through the speaker system. Lol

11 hours ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

I miss Tony Dungy and his always punt/kick the field goal ways. 

This comment is so underrated and I'm glad someone else brought this up.  Furthermore, Tony even did that while having a great QB.  Reich and SS were overly aggressive on 4th downs and/or long FGs.  A punt to pin a team deep isn't the worse thing...even if it goes in the EZ, they only get it at the 20.  Also, there's nothing wrong with kicking a FG.  I understand if it's 4th and goal at the 1 yard line, but otherwise, kick the damn FG and escape with 3 points as our offense isn't a well-oiled machine anymore.  I've been yelling at the tv for the past 5 or 6 years when the head coach gets too aggressive in these situations.  Keep it simple stupid!

1 hour ago, MarylandTerrapin said:

This comment is so underrated and I'm glad someone else brought this up.  Furthermore, Tony even did that while having a great QB.  Reich and SS were overly aggressive on 4th downs and/or long FGs.  A punt to pin a team deep isn't the worse thing...even if it goes in the EZ, they only get it at the 20.  Also, there's nothing wrong with kicking a FG.  I understand if it's 4th and goal at the 1 yard line, but otherwise, kick the damn FG and escape with 3 points as our offense isn't a well-oiled machine anymore.  I've been yelling at the tv for the past 5 or 6 years when the head coach gets too aggressive in these situations.  Keep it simple stupid!

yeah how many games would we have won had we kicked FGs? Too many.  

if Dungy wasn’t like that, we probably lose to the ravens in the playoffs the year we won the SB.