Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Packers post game thread

GoColts8818

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

That response from Pittman is so discouraging. Your a captain and all you can say is I have no idea.

You are putting way too much stock into this we were bad overall today 

Whole team is probably feeling down like 95% of fan base

He obviously isn't very confident with his play

Just now, Solid84 said:

Would be nice if the Colts could start achieving, win and get into the playoffs on their own merits and not because "other teams lost more"...

This isn't our year - I know that, but man I'm getting tired of hearing "they lost too"...

I pray to god we never get to the “well it was an entertaining loss” like we had to hear with the Pacers for some years before last season…

Garfield GIF

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, ImissPeyton18 said:

Let Me give you a news bite. He is not going to learn this way.

I feel like you joined just to throw shade, kind of like an opposing fan trying to stir the pot.  But I’ll give you a news bite…that’s exactly how Peyton learned.  

• Like 2

Just now, Patrick Miller said:

We may not be winless but I think just 1 or 2 wins is possible.

Honestly, if we're gonna go down I'd prefer this. Let it all burn to the ground and rebuild it. Not saying Shane, but if it means big shakeups in Indy... So be it...

2 minutes ago, ImissPeyton18 said:

Let Me give you a news bite. He is not going to learn this way.

Yes, he is. AR needs to play and this is his year to learn and adapt. My prediction: He’ll prove a quick study and silence the critics by the end of the year. 
It would also help if he had more TOP. You can’t run an efficient offense when you’re never getting the ball. Which means the Run D will have to show up soon. We’ll

see what happens next week. Another stampede by the opposition and some coaching heads  could soon be rolling down the highway. 
But through it all, no matter what happens, AR needs the reps and the experience. And he can only get that by starting. So start he will. 

12 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

We can be mad at the offense but the tone was set today with that defense to start the game.

And it’s only week two 

Every week “we will get it fixed.” This guy’s communication skills are as boring as his offense. Between him and his qb it appears we have dumb and dumber.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Dark_Indy said:

Richardson is horrible. Absolutely a bust of a draft pick. 

Look…

…I’m not saying that this outcome is outside the realm of possibility.  But we knew going into it that he’s a project.  That means we were always going to have to endure some games like this.

And, really, he wasn’t the biggest problem today.   Yeah, he threw 2 picks (plus a 3rd on the Hail Mary).  And they were both on him.  But there were a lot of dropped passes.  And the coaches didn’t do him many favors, either.

So, let’s wait a while until we pronounce him a bust.  You’re just sore from a bad outing by the team.  We all are.

Patience.

if AR struggles again I hope they consider putting Flacco in.  Let Richardson sit and learn. Don’t know what to think about the defense. I honestly didn’t think they’d be this bad.

I hope they let Flacco sit and keep playing AR to give him the reps he needs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Patrick Miller said:

if AR struggles again I hope they consider putting Flacco in.  Let Richardson sit and learn. Don’t know what to think about the defense. I honestly didn’t think they’d be this bad.

He isn’t going to learn sitting on the bench.  His biggest problem is ball placement.  There is only one way to improve that.  Making throws and getting in a better grove with your receivers and seeing first hand how NFL defenses play you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Solid84 said:

I hope they let Flacco sit and keep playing AR to give him the reps he needs.

It's the only way to get him to where he needs to be. Not sure why any of this (his ups and downs) is surprising.

The defense being this poor though....that's on someone else. 

• Like 1

I am far more concerned with state of the defense after two games.
You’re going to get this kind of game from AR. He has just over 20 QB starts from High School , College, Pro combined. Huge ceiling , and should continue to improve. This is in effect AR’s rookie season.

On Defense,

the secondary is not going to scare any team, the Linebacker play has been trash, and DL is playing well below their expected level. We have been out-schemed so far each week, and are demonstrating Pop Warner tackling.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, colts89 said:

I'll say this: If AR doesn't improve on how he overthrows people over the middle, then he isn't going to be able to be a consistent starting QB in the NFL. Beyond being inaccurate, those throws are easy to pick off and that's probably the worst thing a QB can do when it comes to losing a game for his team. We know that AR has the tools to win any game for his team, but he must learn how to be that game manager as well.

100% agree.

I would classify what you are describing as what is winning quarterback play in the NFL along with being able to read defenses quickly and correctly to know where to go with the ball in the pocket, when to bail on pocket and scramble and still keep composure to diagnose what’s available downfield.  Ultimately there is an art to playing the position well.

There is no doubt in my mind that if we had more of a veteran presence at quarterback playing today ( like Gardner Minshew), we probably win this game. But that really doesn’t help this franchise in the long run as I think the team with someone like that the quarterback is capped out at best as a wildcard team, possible second round of the playoffs.

That’s ultimately why we have to keep playing Richardson and focus on his development over the next one – two years.

You either have accuracy or you don’t. AR constantly overthrow his receivers.

That's simply not true and plenty of QBs have improved their accuracy significantly throughout their career. It is true that it isn't an easy thing to do, and more QBs have failed at it then have succeeded, but the absolutism of this statement is just wrong.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

He sat all last season lol. This wasn’t a Richardson issue today. You had WR dropping balls. Pittman being lazy and poor play calling.

43 minutes ago, #12. said:

Once Ballard is gone and you do the post-mortem on his tenure, he might seem much closer to Grigson than people thought.

Outside of their first decade in Indianapolis, we're living through the second worst period in Indianapolis Colts history

Closer? At this point he has surpassed Grigson as a GM and I don't mean in terms of success. Grigson made some bad moves, but I think he always did it because he thought it would make the team stronger. He was always aggresice and it got him fired and he drafted poorly. Ballard just closes his eyes at the dart board and hopes for a bulls eye.

12 minutes ago, colts89 said:

The aftermath of this game is going to be very important for the Colts going forward. AR played his first bad game in his young professional career. He was a very direct contributor to losing this game, but obviously he wasn't alone in this effort (Defense, drops, Gay being a bad kicker, etc). Now, if you're a sensible person that actually wants to give AR a fighting chance to become the franchise QB, you should have known these games were coming early. A very raw and very young QB, no matter how talented he is, is going to have stinkers, especially when the roster is bad as well. There's ample examples of that in NFL history, including a certain #18.

The reason why the aftermath matters a lot for this game is all based on how AR reacts to adversity. Does he let doubt stop him from improving and putting his best foot forward in the next game after a stinker, or not? If AR has a weak mental game then games like these can lead him down wrong roads that distract him from improving. If he has a strong mental game then he can only learn from this.

I'll say this: If AR doesn't improve on how he overthrows people over the middle, then he isn't going to be able to be a consistent starting QB in the NFL. Beyond being inaccurate, those throws are easy to pick off and that's probably the worst thing a QB can do when it comes to losing a game for his team. We know that AR has the tools to win any game for his team, but he must learn how to be that game manager as well.

let me ask this question. If he doesn't improve this year. How many more does he get? These injuries are going to pile up regardless of severity on this team because there is no winning in sight, so why get hurt. This is a defeatist attitude but this is the new generation of athletes.

• Like 1