Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

POLL: fire ballard?

AKB

Should the Colts fire Chris Ballard?  

129 members have voted

1. 1. fire ballard?

Let’s hope our new DL coach can make a difference.  We didn’t bring him in to keep the status quo.  You know he made changes.  What new coach doesn’t.  So far the DL is not responding well.  He still has time to get everyone on the same page.   It’s early and still time to turn it around but AR needs to improve as well.

57 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I would LOVE to see Ballard fired. I would really enjoy that like I did seeing Reich go because I really, really dislike both of them.

Do I think firing him will make a difference? Not really.... the NFL is what it is and the colts play their part in it. Not much would probably change regardless. 

Remember, Reich was the problem.

3 hours ago, KelownaColtsFan said:

Can any yes voters name an unemployed GM with an exemplary track record and/or give 3 examples of decisions for which Ballard should be fired? 

Passing on drafting jordan love while also not trading up to draft CJ stroud  .  Bringing in matt ryan , and having a 28th ranked defense last year....   having a bottom 5 defense this year  .  Putting the worst secondary in the nfl on the field two years in a row . Drafting a major project 4th overall and giving him the worst tight end group in the nfl . Hiring and keeping gus bradley when he stunk last year ....  Ballard just non stop over drafts athletic guys with low production in college and it almost never pays off .  He had 8 years to build a defense and it stinks .Ballards  wrs are also average besides pittman who is a number 2 wr .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KelownaColtsFan said:

Can any yes voters name an unemployed GM with an exemplary track record and/or give 3 examples of decisions for which Ballard should be fired? 

No I can't or even care to try. Are there only 32 GM's and they are all employed? Only one thing gets you fired in the NFL. Not winning. Irsays two daughters are intelligent, Im sure they can find one.

Most know how I feel. Ballard should have already been gone and he should have never been allowed to draft from the #4 spot two years ago. We will probably be picking again high in the draft and they'll hand him the keys again.....It really is on Irsay now if he even cares about a winner. Sure doesn't seem like it. This team is not even competitive and he obviously mis evaluated a lot of players and paid them a lot money and we will get left with this mess to clean up which could take years  if AR bust.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Indyfan4life said:

Right? I *almost* went through with ordering it. So glad I didn’t waste my money. 

Be careful, people on here will start with the your not a good or real fan slogans. They must know for what season tickets cost along with beers and munchies it is hard to put yourself through one of these games and feel good about anything. The Sunday ticket used to be a bargain but those days are gone.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Knuckles79 said:

It's kinda funny to me that we are blaming Ballard for this lost when it was clearly coaching. This team got bullied on defense plain and simple.

Because coaches cant make chicken salad out of chicken sh!t.....The talent is not there and BTW, Ballard hired the coaches so he doesn't get the luxery of disconnecting himself from the coaches.....especially  Gus. I remember Ballard looked at people like they were crazy last year when they asked if Gus was going to stay with team after coaching a terrible defense last year...Why would we be shocked that the defense is terrible liek they were last year because nothing changed.....because Ballard said so? Pftttt

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AKB said:

right, so to be clear. I don't think the topic is intended for him to get fired today guys. This is a general opinion on whether someone should be fired, and if so, you can dictate or state when you think it is most appropriate. 

I think you fire the entire front office right away, get an interim coach right away. You can find a gm coming up the college ranks and let him pick his own staff and hit the ground running. Any players objecting will be traded away and delt with.

This is not a preschool, this is a business. Cleveland and the texans figured it out. so will the colts and even the Panthers.

The Texans obviously picked the only qb in the draft that year. How can a GM hang a franchise around a player with so little experience and not address a weak secondary with two players that cannot play week in week out. Thing are bad now. Got to do something different.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DavePSL said:

Because coaches cant make chicken salad out of chicken sh!t.....The talent is not there and BTW, Ballard hired the coaches so he doesn't get the luxery of disconnecting himself from the coaches.....especially  Gus. I remember Ballard looked at people like they were crazy last year when they asked if Gus was going to stay with team after coaching a terrible defense last year...Why would we be shocked that the defense is terrible liek they were last year because nothing changed.....because Ballard said so? Pftttt

I am not saying Ballard doesn't hold blame for the current team. I just feel with the way the game started was more on the coaching. They knew they would be a run first team today and they didn't seem to have a plan to stop the run until the 2nd half.  If you say we don't have the players then how did they pretty much shut them down the 2nd half but got bullied the first half. That's game planning to me not players

• Like 1

There is something wrong with the culture that Ballard brings to this team. I dont know what that is, but there are just way to many times this team doesn't play up to it's potential. I'm not talking about pretending we have great players potential. I am talking being competitive potential. There is just no way they should look like they are not even interested at times. People we paid a lot of these guys a lot of money and committed to them and they are flat out pointing a middle finger at Polian, coaches and this team with the effort I'm seeing. Not all the players but too many of them look disinterested.

4 hours ago, ColtV said:

I am not a fan of Ballard. I have objected to many of his moves during his tenure here.

But I voted No on this for one simple reason: you don't fire the GM in week 2! Wherever you think this season is going, if you think it's bad now, firing the GM now would throw the whole front office into a complete state of disarray. Who would be acting interim GM? The coaching staff and the players would feel the impact of that move as well.

Why not? I bet Steichen would poach some one from the Eagles and it could happen over night.

1 hour ago, Knuckles79 said:

Explain the difference in the two half's? This team could've and should've won this game

They were really never in the game. They were having difficulty getting past midfield. I ask you are the coaches this bad?

I'd sooner want Gus gone than Ballard. Ballard has to make it through this season at least.

Almost 500 yards rushing against this defense in the first two games.

As long as Gus is the DC, the Colts will never win anything of any significance.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Pelt said:

I'd sooner want Gus gone than Ballard. Ballard has to make it through this season at least.

Almost 500 yards rushing against this defense in the first two games.

As long as Gus is the DC, the Colts will never win anything of any significance.

Totally agree. 

Yes, I say fire him. I've been a supporter of his since the beginning, but now my patience has run out.  I mean, keeping Cus Badly and not finding suitable backup on the dline. Then, not addressing the secondary. After only one playoff win in 8 years at the helm, it's time to go. I defended him because I thought he got a raw deal on the sudden Luck retirement. But now his time has run out, in my opinion. Please, Irsay, have mercy on us Colts fans and fire Ballard. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Ballard’s biggest mistake in my opinion is drafting injury prone players too early in the draft.  He does it a lot and players in the 1st three rounds are your potential starters.  Many of them miss a large chunk of playing time.  Health should win over RAS when the evaluations are close imo.

The best ability is availability. Tony Dungy

2 hours ago, Knuckles79 said:

I am not saying Ballard doesn't hold blame for the current team. I just feel with the way the game started was more on the coaching. They knew they would be a run first team today and they didn't seem to have a plan to stop the run until the 2nd half.  If you say we don't have the players then how did they pretty much shut them down the 2nd half but got bullied the first half. That's game planning to me not players

I would have to go back and look at the highlights but to me it seemed like the colts were stacking the box to start the game .  it just felt like in the second half players were shedding blocks and making tackles . 

4 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Let’s hope our new DL coach can make a difference.  We didn’t bring him in to keep the status quo.  You know he made changes.  What new coach doesn’t.  So far the DL is not responding well.  He still has time to get everyone on the same page.   It’s early and still time to turn it around but AR needs to improve as well.

Agreed

With today’s injuries to Buckner and Latu, along with the 2019 retirement by Luck, it isn’t fair to judge Ballard this season. Use this year to evaluate and reset. Give Ballard at least four more years and see what his guys, the ones he really likes, can do when healthy. That would allow Ballard 12 seasons and then we can start to determine if he is a quality GM. 

Just now, ShuteAt168 said:

With the today’s injuries to Buckner and Latu, along with the 2019 retirement by Luck, it isn’t fair to judge Ballard this season. Use this year to evaluate and reset. Give Ballard at least four more years and see what his guys, the ones he really likes, can do when healthy. That would allow Ballard 12 seasons and then we can start to determine if he is a quality GM. 

:lol:

1 minute ago, ShuteAt168 said:

With today’s injuries to Buckner and Latu, along with the 2019 retirement by Luck, it isn’t fair to judge Ballard this season. Use this year to evaluate and reset. Give Ballard at least four more years and see what his guys, the ones he really likes, can do when healthy. That would allow Ballard 12 seasons and then we can start to determine if he is a quality GM. 

I sense your sarcasm lol

1 minute ago, ShuteAt168 said:

With the today’s injuries to Buckner and Latu, along with the 2019 retirement by Luck, it isn’t fair to judge Ballard this season. Use this year to evaluate and reset. Give Ballard at least four more years and see what his guys, the ones he really likes, can do when healthy. That would allow Ballard 12 seasons and then we can start to determine if he is a quality GM. 

Well done... Well done