Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: Brents to IR

John Waylon

5 hours ago, Archer said:

Hate to turn the subject back to the original one.  (After all, who doesn’t enjoy a good anonymous forum argy-bargy.). But, did anyone notice Brents get hurt during the game?  I had to fast forward a lot, since I couldn’t get home to the game until it had been going for a couple of hours.  I never noticed Brents going down with an injury.  It seems like that happens z lot to the Colts.  Guy plays substantially the whole game, I don’t see him get hurt, but after the game we find out he has a not-insubstantial injury.

I had a torn meniscus a while back. I don't know what happened, I don't remember doing anything to it, there was no pain, I didn't feel a pop, nothing. I woke up one morning, and it was swollen, then the swelling and discomfort got worse for a few days. I went to the doctor, finally got an MRI, they told me what it was, and I eventually had surgery on it. But it came out of nowhere, and it wasn't immediately obvious to me.

We've heard stories of players finishing games with torn ACLs and MCLs before. There was an NBA player who had no ACLs. Sometimes weird stuff happens.

What I want to know is when Brents told the Colts that something was up with his knee. If it was before Steichen's Monday presser, then I have a problem with it, because Steichen didn't say anything about it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, John Waylon said:

So this is going well…

.....maybe going as scripted? haha

I seen a clip on YouTube with Steinchen saying ONLY  Buckner was banged up a bit, so puzzling how a season ending injury could pop up suddenly?

But Ballard likes his youngsters back there so all will be fine PLUS a good amount of cap space for the accountants. 

Go Colts

9 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

Ballard benefited from having early draft picks too. He's had as many top 4 picks as he's had picks in the 20s during his tenure (two each). And the other 4 picks were in the #13-16 range, although one of those was traded for Wentz.

I think if we were to research draft capital for the past 8 years, the Colts would find themselves at least in the top 12. I don't think we can say other teams have had some big draft capital advantage.

I doubt it. We traded a first for Buckner, and another for Wentz. I'm not saying the Colts haven't benefited from some draft standing, but I don't think they'd be in the top 12 over the last eight years, primarily because of those two trades. And I think they'd be well behind the Texans, primarily because of the Watson trade, especially in the last four years.

I also think the Colts built a pretty good team from 2019 to 2021, which is on the heels of the 2018 draft trade down. 

3 minutes ago, Superman said:

I had a torn meniscus a while back. I don't know what happened, I don't remember doing anything to it, there was no pain, I didn't feel a pop, nothing. I woke up one morning, and it was swollen, then the swelling and discomfort got worse for a few days. I went to the doctor, finally got an MRI, they told me what it was, and I eventually had surgery on it. But it came out of nowhere, and it wasn't immediately obvious to me.

We've heard stories of players finishing games with torn ACLs and MCLs before. There was an NBA player who had no ACLs. Sometimes weird stuff happens.

What I want to know is when Brents told the Colts that something was up with his knee. If it was before Steichen's Monday presser, then I have a problem with it, because Steichen didn't say anything about it. 

Maybe Lex Luther secretly exposed your meniscus to kryptonite? :funny:

46 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

That's exactly my point. He turned them into three great picks at the time. So the Colts did just as well as the Texans with their extra picks. If he would spend in FA like they do, we probably beat them at the end of last year and week 1 this year. That's literally the difference.

Wrong. The difference is they have the better QB at this point because AR was injured last year. It's a QB driven league but you can't seem to grasp that idea .

Under the incompetent ( according to you) Ballard

1. Very good OL

2. Very good DL

3. Very good young WR group

4. Good not great TE group

5. IMO 2 good safety's

6. Competent CBs but should upgrade

7. Very good special teams

8. Very good possibly great youngest QB in the league

9. Good HC and staff

Plenty of cap space to make a move.

I think the Colts are going to surprise ( barring a plethora of injuries) a lot of you so called expert armchair GMs and you'll be dining in crow at years end.

3 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Wrong. The difference is they have the better QB at this point because AR was injured last year. It's a QB driven league but you can't seem to grasp that idea .

1. Very good OL

2. Very good DL

5. IMO 2 good safety's

I think the Colts are going to surprise ( barring a plethora of injuries) a lot of you so called expert armchair GMs and you'll be dining in crow at years end.

1.) Agree

2.) Agree

3.) Agree

4.) Our TEs are probably the worst in the NFL

5.) Agree

6.) Our CBs are bad other than Moore with Brents out

7.) Agree

8.) TBD

We won't make a move unless it's a trade. Ballard generally never pays for someone expensive. He may trade a pick in rounds 1-3 to get a solid CB though.

I hope we surprise and make the playoffs. While I hate Chris Ballard, the best scenario for the team is to make the playoffs every year and AR hitting rather than getting a new GM and having to rebuild again. I just don't see it though. Even if AR hits, Ballard is way too conservative for us to ever be serious contenders IMO.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Superman said:

I doubt it. We traded a first for Buckner, and another for Wentz. I'm not saying the Colts haven't benefited from some draft standing, but I don't think they'd be in the top 12 over the last eight years, primarily because of those two trades. And I think they'd be well behind the Texans, primarily because of the Watson trade, especially in the last four years.

I also think the Colts built a pretty good team from 2019 to 2021, which is on the heels of the 2018 draft trade down. 

I did some quick research to see if anybody has explored this for multiple years. But no luck. I did find one for this past year and the Colts were #12 in draft capital. This was with having the #15 pick.

In Ballard's tenure, the R1 ADP is slightly higher/lower at #14. So I am sort of extrapolating from this past year.

Of course there are going to be teams with multiple R1 picks and teams without any in years during his tenure, so can't look at ADP alone.

But Ballard's also made trade-backs to accumulate several extra Day 2 picks. And no real trade-ups (at least with any real draft capital). 

If it's not top 12, I think it would be very close. But it's just a guess. Maybe somebody with a lot more time and the ability to write a program will one day measure it year by year.

I am also just talking about him having draft capital, not trying to say he wasted it or anything. 

3 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

Key word 

feel-me-think-about-it.gif

Based on how many of the Ballard haters on this forum copy and paste the same argument over and over on repeat and question people that disagree with them, I think you dramatically disregard many on this forum as being rational. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

I did some quick research to see if anybody has explored this for multiple years. But no luck. I did find one for this past year and the Colts were #12 in draft capital. This was with having the #15 pick.

In Ballard's tenure, the R1 ADP is slightly higher/lower at #14. So I am sort of extrapolating from this past year.

Of course there are going to be teams with multiple R1 picks and teams without any in years during his tenure, so can't look at ADP alone.

But Ballard's also made trade-backs to accumulate several extra Day 2 picks. And no real trade-ups (at least with any real draft capital). 

If it's not top 12, I think it would be very close. But it's just a guess. Maybe somebody with a lot more time and the ability to write a program will one day measure it year by year.

I am also just talking about him having draft capital, not trying to say he wasted it or anything. 

Yeah, just narrowly, I don't think it's as high as you do. Not that top 12 is meaningful, I just think it would be more toward the middle. And since the comparison was with the Texans, I think they'd be much higher.

Don’t know if anyone is paying attention but a large number of players have been put on IR around the league in the last 24 hours.  Even the Texans put a CB on IR and they went out and signed a replacement.  Point being injuries happen and all of the teams will be forced to deal with them.  That’s partly why they have practice squads.  It’s only week one.  I hope we don’t have any more but we most likely will.  Hopefully our backups can get the job done.  If not there is still time to bring in players.  Not the end of the world after week one for me.

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Don’t know if anyone is paying attention but a large number of players have been put on IR around the league in the last 24 hours.  Even the Texans put a CB on IR and they went out and signed a replacement.  Point being injuries happen and all of the teams will be forced to deal with them.  That’s partly why they have practice squads.  It’s only week one.  I hope we don’t have any more but we most likely will.  Hopefully our backups can get the job done.  If not there is still time to bring in players.  Not the end of the world after week one for me.

Yeah, I play bestballs, so I know of all the injuries. What annoyed me today was the Rams just signed Ahkello Witherspoon. He looked like a much better option than Kelvin Joseph. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

1. Very good OL

2. Very good DL

5. IMO 2 good safety's

9. Good HC and staff

I honestly hope your right...but you scare me to death with those breakdown of our group positions and call our TE's and safeties good..........................."good"................ Based on what? Our TE's cause turnovers  and have no impact on the game whatsoever and our safeties are average AT BEST.

BTW, the flip side of this argument is if we dont make the playoffs , will you then question Ballard's strategy or will you continue to defend him? I keep telling everyone, you cant keep a job based on supposedly good drafting which he is not that good . That's only a very small part of a GM's job. It's about building a winner which he has NOT done to this point after 7 or 8 years.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

Yeah, I play bestballs, so I know of all the injuries. What annoyed me today was the Rams just signed Ahkello Witherspoon. He looked like a much better option than Kelvin Joseph. 

He played there last year so the reconnect makes sense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Superman said:

Yeah, just narrowly, I don't think it's as high as you do. Not that top 12 is meaningful, I just think it would be more toward the middle. And since the comparison was with the Texans, I think they'd be much higher.

Taking a slightly deeper dive, draft capital is measurable before the GM's get involved. If we rank the AFC South teams by their year-end rank (IE division winner is 1 and loser is 4) the team with the higher number (IE lowest record result in the division) would have better draft potential BEFORE THE GM gets involved in the draft based solely on where their picks will fall out of the 32 available teams based on how they finished the previous season (again before the GM is involved). Looking through that lens the Colts have, based on results in the Ballard era, a score of 19 and the Texans a score of 17 which means the Colts started with greater draft potential than the Texans based on yearend results. I understand there's variance based on exactly where the team finishes out of 32 but there is no variance on where the 4 AFC South teams picks are against the other AFC South teams. 

The Texans GM is the reason they accumulated picks for Watson. The Colts GM is the reason they accumulated picks for Nelson. Neither of those would have happened without the GM getting involved changing their draft status for better or worse - the GMs did that. There seems to be a leaning that the Texans somehow lucked into being able to trade away Watson but the Colts could have done that with Luck the year after the Nelson draft but they didn't. Lets not act like trading Watson away was such a slamdunk, easiest decision ever because if it was they wouldn't have gotten what they did for him. The haul for Watson alone should tell you how savvy that move was.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mitch Connors said:

Taking a slightly deeper dive, draft capital is measurable before the GM's get involved. If we rank the AFC South teams by their year-end rank (IE division winner is 1 and loser is 4) the team with the higher number (IE lowest record result in the division) would have better draft potential BEFORE THE GM gets involved in the draft based solely on where their picks will fall out of the 32 available teams based on how they finished the previous season (again before the GM is involved). Looking through that lens the Colts have, based on results in the Ballard era, a score of 19 and the Texans a score of 17 which means the Colts started with greater draft potential than the Texans based on yearend results. I understand there's variance based on exactly where the team finishes out of 32 but there is no variance on where the 4 AFC South teams picks are against the other AFC South teams. 

I don't think this is a good methodology, for several reasons. Most importantly, it doesn't measure draft capital, it only takes a rough and admittedly incomplete estimate of draft position.

The Texans GM is the reason they accumulated picks for Watson. The Colts GM is the reason they accumulated picks for Nelson. Neither of those would have happened without the GM getting involved changing their draft status for better or worse - the GMs did that. There seems to be a leaning that the Texans somehow lucked into being able to trade away Watson but the Colts could have done that with Luck the year after the Nelson draft but they didn't. Lets not act like trading Watson away was such a slamdunk, easiest decision ever because if it was they wouldn't have gotten what they did for him. The haul for Watson alone should tell you how savvy that move was.

And I don't think this accurate, either. I want to start by dismissing the idea that the Colts ever should have considered trading 28 year old Andrew Luck. Let's not have that conversation, please.

Second, Deshaun Watson demanded a trade. Nick Caserio was hired before the 2021 season, Watson was a hold-in for the entire season, and then was traded before the 2022 season. It was a pretty simple decision for the Texans, because Watson refused to play for them anymore. They could have played the long game and allowed the situation to drag out even further, but they got offered a giant windfall to trade him, and they took it. It's not like Caserio woke up one day and said 'we need to reset, let's trade our franchise QB and then suck for the next two seasons.' He made a good trade, but it wasn't a reflection of his incredible savvy. 

Third, I'm not acting like the Texans' road has been so easy, and the Colts' road has been so difficult. My point was pretty narrow, and simple: I think the Texans have definitely had greater draft capital than the Colts have, particularly over the last four years. It's not a judgment of either team.

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

I don't think this is a good methodology, for several reasons. Most importantly, it doesn't measure draft capital, it only takes a rough and admittedly incomplete estimate of draft position.

And I don't think this accurate, either. I want to start by dismissing the idea that the Colts ever should have considered trading 28 year old Andrew Luck. Let's not have that conversation, please.

Second, Deshaun Watson demanded a trade. Nick Caserio was hired before the 2021 season, Watson was a hold-in for the entire season, and then was traded before the 2022 season. It was a pretty simple decision for the Texans, because Watson refused to play for them anymore. They could have played the long game and allowed the situation to drag out even further, but they got offered a giant windfall to trade him, and they took it. It's not like Caserio woke up one day and said 'we need to reset, let's trade our franchise QB and then suck for the next two seasons.' He made a good trade, but it wasn't a reflection of his incredible savvy. 

Third, I'm not acting like the Texans' road has been so easy, and the Colts' road has been so difficult. My point was pretty narrow, and simple: I think the Texans have definitely had greater draft capital than the Colts have, particularly over the last four years. It's not a judgment of either team.

Add in the Panthers selecting Young when CJ was the safer and better choice. Man if Young doesn’t turn it around soon they’ll make a 30 for 30 documentary on how badly the Panthers Messed up.

8 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Add in the Panthers selecting Young when CJ was the safer and better choice. Man if Young doesn’t turn it around soon they’ll make a 30 for 30 documentary on how badly the Panthers Messed up.

Yeah, I had Stroud as QB1, and I didn't think Young made sense as a potential franchise QB, so I think the Panthers really messed up on that one. I stop short of assuming that the Texans would have drafted Young at #2, but who knows... 

1 hour ago, DavePSL said:

I honestly hope your right...but you scare me to death with those breakdown of our group positions and call our TE's and safeties good..........................."good"................ Based on what? Our TE's cause turnovers  and have no impact on the game whatsoever and our safeties are average AT BEST.

BTW, the flip side of this argument is if we dont make the playoffs , will you then question Ballard's strategy or will you continue to defend him? I keep telling everyone, you cant keep a job based on supposedly good drafting which he is not that good . That's only a very small part of a GM's job. It's about building a winner which he has NOT done to this point after 7 or 8 years.

You scare pretty easily. Question...how many games did you have them winning last year? 2? 3? Were you one of the losers that were upset because they won 9? Are you one of the ones that said 2 or 3 wins then jumped on the bandwagon when they were winning then injured yourself jumping back off the wagon when they lost the last game? There are several "fans"on here that fall into that bandwagon category.

23 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

I would think Womack starts on the boundary he is a much better boundary then slot as his grades indicate though built more like a slot. Lammons will now back up Kenny and Flowers will be back up boundary. David Long may be elevated soon, brings experience and has been here 8 days adjusting and getting up to speed.

I think we need to cut bait with Rodney Thomas and bring back Ronnie Harrison, thomas barely saw the field last week.

Just now, holeymoley99 said:

And there is the Harrison resign I asked for, great move.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

You scare pretty easily. Question...how many games did you have them winning last year? 2? 3? Were you one of the losers that were upset because they won 9? Are you one of the ones that said 2 or 3 wins then jumped on the bandwagon when they were winning then injured yourself jumping back off the wagon when they lost the last game? There are several "fans"on here that fall into that bandwagon category.

No, wrong again...I have been watching the Colts since Bert Jones was throwing to Carr, and Trudea to Brooks, and trading for Dickerson when we had a Bently and drafting Entman and Coryatt 1,2 and trading for #1 and drafting jeff George and watching that run in 95,(man if Coryatt just picks that ball we go to the SB against Dallas), or how about watching Jake the snake making a last minute come back to give us the number 1 pick to take Manning and NOT Leaf...and then Edge over Ricky? What, Polian had his car checked for a bomb after that selection of Edge over Ricky Willaims....lol...or watching a ballsey move to let Peyton go and draft Luck.

I cheer on the Colts to the bitter end and always will but I also will not show blind faith to a GM who hasn't won squat and continue to believe in him when he makes the same mistakes over and over and we waste away careers(JT,Buck,Pittman,Q,kenny) stuck in mediocrity by a guy who thinks he knows it all. The standard has been set way higher than that for a long time and Ballard has yet to meet that standard going on 8 years....Im not even sure its on Ballard because he wont fire himself...I'm starting to question if Irsay still wants to invest in a winner or even cares because he knows better than this. Irsay got rid of Polian 5 years after winning their first SB ands 2 years after taking them to another SB............Ballard 8 years and NOTHING?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm sorry man, but you are so wrong on so many fronts. Polian had Manning for 14 years and got to 2 Super Bowls, that is nothing to crow about. Grigson had Luck and destroyed the team in 3 short years. Ballard has recovered the franchise from the Grigson debacle, he now has his quarterback(hopefully he will stay healthy) and we will start cooking. Chris Ballard is the best gm this team has had in the 52 years of Irsay ownership, or do you prefer Ernie Accorsi?

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Two_pound said:

I'm sorry man, but you are so wrong on so many fronts. Polian had Manning for 14 years and got to 2 Super Bowls, that is nothing to crow about. Grigson had Luck and destroyed the team in 3 short years. Ballard has recovered the franchise from the Grigson debacle, he now has his quarterback(hopefully he will stay healthy) and we will start cooking. Chris Ballard is the best gm this team has had in the 52 years of Irsay ownership, or do you prefer Ernie Accorsi?

I'm assuming your being sarcastic....😏 There is no possible way you could actually believe that!

• Like 1

100 % serious. I've lived through a lot of bad Colt football these past 55 years. Go back to 1978 when Bert Jones got hurt up through 1998 and tell me how exciting those 21 years were for you. We have had good football starting with Peyton, should have been better with Luck, and now Richardson will forge ahead. Ballard has us setting good. Again, I will ask, would you prefer Ernie Accorsi?

1 hour ago, Two_pound said:

100 % serious. I've lived through a lot of bad Colt football these past 55 years. Go back to 1978 when Bert Jones got hurt up through 1998 and tell me how exciting those 21 years were for you. We have had good football starting with Peyton, should have been better with Luck, and now Richardson will forge ahead. Ballard has us setting good. Again, I will ask, would you prefer Ernie Accorsi?

NO, I prefer Bill Polian when we were actually in the Superbowl and playoffs every year.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lester said:

I think you misspelled P-E-Y-T-O-N  M-A-N-N-I-N-G …

How did that Bill Polian roster look when Peyton wasn’t playing?

Who picked Peyton Manning?Bill Polian..........Ridiculous question...How would Kansas City look if MaHomes wasn't playing? or BB when brady left?......Bill Polian brought manning to the Colts to play and they were damn near  a dynasty and a SB winner............... Ballard brought Brissett, Wentz, Ryan...how did they look?  What's their record under those QB's Ballard handpicked??

Notice i didn't say Luck because Ballard didn't draft Luck and Luck  is the only reason why Ballard has a playoff win.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

It would be one thing if it was one game, where the secondary failed.

But it's now a trend, and fans definitely have a right to complain on the matter.

It's literally been going on for years. 3rd and 14.....you can almost set a clock to the opposing team getting 16 yards. Playing 5-10 yards off every play....even on the goal line!?? "Bend don't break" (which usually broke anyways) until the 4th quarter, and then D is gassed and give up the game. 

CB and Safety were considered major needs in the off-season and everyone knows it, yet nothing was addressed. I don't know why, but here we are.  

As long as Gus is playing off man 5-10 yards (and don't get me started about barely ever blitzing - esp on 3rd down) outcomes will be the same. Most likely regardless of the personnel. 

Safety wasn't thought a need at all. Just by the whiners.

12 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Why would they think they aren’t in position to? They knew they were going to increase their explosiveness by getting AR back and hitting the draft at a couple positions, which they did in Latu and AD. They tried to get Hunter and he went to the Texans, which is where is from. I don’t think they sat on their hands, I just don’t think it worked out this offseason. Players want to play with playmakers, and it’s brutally obvious with the pickups Houston got. Solely because of Stroud. If AR stays healthy, we will be very much in the mix next offseason to do more than what has been done in free agency. But I don’t at all think anyone in the organization believes they aren’t looking to compete this season. I think week 1 reiterated they can, they have a lot to clean up and grow from. 

Mitchey has twisted, goofball hypotheticals galore. 

Our Colts could win their last 10 regular season games and his ilk would still be whining about not having mortgaged for Sneed.

5 hours ago, DavePSL said:

No, wrong again...I have been watching the Colts since Bert Jones was throwing to Carr, and Trudea to Brooks, and trading for Dickerson when we had a Bently and drafting Entman and Coryatt 1,2 and trading for #1 and drafting jeff George and watching that run in 95,(man if Coryatt just picks that ball we go to the SB against Dallas), or how about watching Jake the snake making a last minute come back to give us the number 1 pick to take Manning and NOT Leaf...and then Edge over Ricky? What, Polian had his car checked for a bomb after that selection of Edge over Ricky Willaims....lol...or watching a ballsey move to let Peyton go and draft Luck.

I cheer on the Colts to the bitter end and always will but I also will not show blind faith to a GM who hasn't won squat and continue to believe in him when he makes the same mistakes over and over and we waste away careers(JT,Buck,Pittman,Q,kenny) stuck in mediocrity by a guy who thinks he knows it all. The standard has been set way higher than that for a long time and Ballard has yet to meet that standard going on 8 years....Im not even sure its on Ballard because he wont fire himself...I'm starting to question if Irsay still wants to invest in a winner or even cares because he knows better than this. Irsay got rid of Polian 5 years after winning their first SB ands 2 years after taking them to another SB............Ballard 8 years and NOTHING?

Bert Jones to Roger Carr — love that memory. I have both in my framed football cards. 

10 hours ago, DavePSL said:

You probably think Frank Kush or Bill Tobin was a better hire than Shane.

9 hours ago, DavePSL said:

Who picked Peyton Manning?Bill Polian..........Ridiculous question...How would Kansas City look if MaHomes wasn't playing? or BB when brady left?......Bill Polian brought manning to the Colts to play and they were damn near  a dynasty and a SB winner............... Ballard brought Brissett, Wentz, Ryan...how did they look?  What's their record under those QB's Ballard handpicked??

Notice i didn't say Luck because Ballard didn't draft Luck and Luck  is the only reason why Ballard has a playoff win.

Sir, you are making my point. With horrible QBs, the roster that we has been competitive.

With World Class QBs, other successful franchises would fail. The Colts have now, and have had, a really good roster.

Ballard is not the problem; and I think it has long been established that Ballard certainly did not "hand pick" any of those QBs you referenced.

I am also equally convinced (based on other posts I've read on this forum) that you will likely not accept my point of view about Ballard. Its okay, I don't accept yours (and I really hope Jim Irsay doesn't either because I don't want this team to start over). The Colts are about to be something special.

• Like 1

I've mildly followed the summer log whines about the secondary that have also migrated to this thread, but someone tell me exactly which "non completely JAG veteran" Ballard was supposed to have rostered by now.  Please provide name and price.  

If clueless about that, I assume the whine is just a generic whine born of frustration and is not something worthy of being shared publicly.

And this is coming from a guy who not been a big fan of Ballard the past 7 years, but I'd at least like to think I'm fair.

19 hours ago, Superman said:

And let's not forget that we had two future head coaches as our OC and DC from 2018 through 2020.  (Sirianni left in 2021, Eberflus left in 2022)

34 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I've mildly followed the summer log whines about the secondary that have also migrated to this thread, but someone tell me exactly which "non completely JAG veteran" Ballard was supposed to have rostered by now.  Please provide name and price.  

If clueless about that, I assume the whine is just a generic whine born of frustration and is not something worthy of being shared publicly.

And this is coming from a guy who not been a big fan of Ballard the past 7 years, but I'd at least like to think I'm fair.

WalterFootball has a list of free agent safeties signed in 2024:

https://walterfootball.com/freeagents2024S.php

Pick your poison...

Some of them re-signed with their own team and likely wouldn't have been available, but there have been plenty of opportunities to improve over Cross.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Solid84 said:

WalterFootball has a list os free agent safeties signed in 2024:

https://walterfootball.com/freeagents2024S.php

Pick your poison...

Some of them re-signed with their own team and likely wouldn't have been available, but there have been plenty of opportunities to improve over Cross.

Same is available for all positions. Here's CB:

https://walterfootball.com/freeagents2024CB.php

• Like 1