Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Texans post game reaction

GoColts8818

7 minutes ago, DoubleE Colt said:

Twice including the blocked one......but we only punted 3 times ourselves I think!

And Rigo was booting it today. He filled the field with his kicks.

2 minutes ago, bluephantom87 said:

Like I said earlier.... This is on Ballard. He's built a team (8 yrs running) that's not good enough to challenge for anything (division or SB wise) but just mediocre enough to have you believing. Build through the draft and pay our own. Yet I see no generational or HOF types. This team will flame out with Gus as dc and give up yards by the mile. The narrative is always the same and this team can never make that big stop when it counts! Our oline seems suspect also! AR had his ups and downs but what do you expect from a guy that has a total of like 20 something starts at qb including high school but on his UPSIDE my goodness...

Many teams in the league have aggressively turned their fortunes around since Ballard has been at the helm of the Colts while we continue to rinse, wash and repeat under CB. Even to the tune of his yearly season ending "it's on me" presser. Lol The Texans added playmakers Mixon and Diggs via FA to an already stacked young roster. This is the way of the modern nfl but we'll just keep trading down on draft day to garner extra picks in the 4th and 5th rds while building inside out on mid level talent with high RAS scores! In Ballard we trust....

Exactly, big league franchises make moves like the Texans made plus they picked 2 times in the top 5 to get there players etc.......

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I was surprised how well they ran the ball against us.  We were all excited about the new DL coach.  I’m sure he changed things up.  So maybe it will take some time.  I was surprised how well the secondary held up against their elite receivers.   Stroud made a lot of great throws where his receivers made great catches when they were well covered.  The back breaker to Collins in the fourth quarter is a perfect example.  Great players make catches like that in tight coverage.  The lack of an effective game plan and execution really hurt on offense.  Richardson has a lot of freedom running the offense and he made some bad decisions today.  His accuracy issues are going to plague him for quite awhile.  Overthrowing and missing wide open receivers.  He will get better with more time.  Happy for Pierce he had a great game.  Cross played better than I expected.  Happy for him.  Disappointed in the outcome but they were the better team today.  

Of god I forgot about that change.

Just now, DougDew said:

They should have scored 42 instead of 28.  Tons of penalties, and some bad calls to be honest.

We had a 51-yard pass called back on a bogus hold. I do agree though the offense did struggle a bit in the 2nd half. Matt was just milking the clock IMO with the big lead. 398 straight sell outs at Lincoln.

So .. a guy makes a catch falling backwards,has control, and has both toes down but his heel touches out after the toes are in...he's out of bounds. But....If a guy makes a diving catch and has one shin down but the other foot is clearly out by a mile, he's in bounds...ok

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This is off topic but what about our Huskers! I love that QB we have now and the D looks great.

been a busker fan since Johnny Rodger’s! It was a great run with dr Tom, but extremely frustrating since he left. Finally hope to get back to those good old days!!!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, adubb84 said:

Think that comes back next week with Downs 

Is the short to intermediate passing going missing a Downs not playing issues or the fact that that is one of AR biggest accuracy issues so we're using plays that avoid that? 

• Like 1

The good from today. Pierce looked great and Mitchell was open. Won’t be long before he gets that chemistry with Mitchell. Plus Richardson finished the game.

1 minute ago, DoubleE Colt said:

Is the short to intermediate passing going missing a Downs not playing issues or the fact that that is one of AR biggest accuracy issues so we're using plays that avoid that? 

I think it was more on Steichen. He did blame himself for the lack of a run game today.

• Like 2

Just now, husker61 said:

been a busker fan since Johnny Rodger’s! It was a great run with dr Tom, but extremely frustrating since he left. Finally hope to get back to those good old days!!!

I have been a fan since 1983, Rozier was my guy - great RB. Tommie Frazier will always be my favorite QB, but I also liked Steve Taylor, 87 had a great team. The QB we have now looks like Mahomes and he is playing well so he backs it up. I have Ohio St circled on the calendar = October 26th because I think Nebraska will be 7-0 going into that.

1 hour ago, DougDew said:
  • HOU is the better team, period.
  • AR did fine with his first game,  Basically came down to missing an easy TD pass and throwing a pick in its place.  Other Qbs do that, even HOFs.  Accuracy is an issue...did we expect that to be fixed by now?...um, no.
  • The defense gave up running plays at critical times, that speaks to talent rather than the DC. 
  • Secondary looked competent, no glaring plays or clear whiffs for big plays.
  • After what, 5 years, DeFo still looks to be our best defensive player, and that's kinda sad.

New DL coach.  Changed things up for sure.  Maybe too much rotation?  Hopefully they figure it out soon.  Our DL should not be giving up that much running yards.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He reminds me of Mahomes, I haven't been this excited since 1997 and the Tom days. The O.Line is stacked too. 

I wouldn’t go that far yet. The big thing was not turning the ball over, that has been what has killed them the last couple years. 

• Like 2

Let’s face it Richardson has a lot to learn and I hope he does. He missed AD twice on wide open touchdown plays. AR has no touch and this was the knock on him at Florida. Sadly if he has a healthy season and we miss the playoffs Ballard will be gone. Too many times he has gotten passes for mistakes but all these years without a playoff win is adding up. As badly as the defense played we should have won this game by making two throws that any capable QB would make .Richardson completed 9 passes today! He was myopic and focused on Pitt way too much and not one TE caught a pass today. 

we will see if AR truly has all the skills needed to be a solid NFL QB. I know it’s one game but if we have 17 games with these issues the team will have tough decisions. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, indyagent17 said:

Let’s face it Richardson has a lot to learn and I hope he does. He missed AD twice on wide open touchdown plays. AR has no touch and this was the knock on him at Florida. Sadly if he has a healthy season and we miss the playoffs Ballard will be gone. Too many times he has gotten passes for mistakes but all these years without a playoff win is adding up. As badly as the defense played we should have won this game by making two throws that any capable QB would make .Richardson completed 9 passes today! He was myopic and focused on Pitt way too much and not one TE caught a pass today. 

we will see if AR truly has all the skills needed to be a solid NFL QB. I know it’s one game but if we have 17 games with these issues the team will have tough decisions. 

AR is not why we lost but of course some always blame the QB. Our D stunk to high heaven.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

Dream on ..Ballard isn't going anywhere

I saw an entertaining game with a team that fought hard but came up short. Couple of near connections between AR and Mitchell were huge missed opportunities but this is still a young offense molding together. Steichen had a C+ game in my eyes.

• Like 2

Just now, r a y s k i said:

I saw an entertaining game with a team that fought hard but came up short. Couple of near connections between AR and Mitchell were huge missed opportunities but this is still a young offense molding together. Steichen had a C+ game in my eyes.

There are no moral victories. This is what happens with Ballard. Close but no cigar.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

If he has 17 games just like this then he would have throw 34 TDs and ran for 17 TDs as the youngest QB in the NFL.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am watching the game, Cowboys are destroying them. Burrow looked bad today too and Chase played.

Bengals have the same issues as we did with Luck. They cannot for the life of them figure out the offensive line issues. 

• Like 1

Just now, Smoke317 said:

AR has to get his timing with AD figured out immediately. He cost that young man 60-70 yards of production and 1-2 TD’s. When a guy gets that wide open in the NFL you gotta get it to him. 

indeed.  We could’ve had two receivers with over 100 yds of production today.  When was the last time that happened for us?

with the lack of talent we have at TE, I’m honestly down to see us run more 4WR sets.