Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Update: Tracking Colts releases at cutdown

CR91

3 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

???? I follow Kent on YouTube and don't see this. Are you sure you didn't watch an old one from last year (Rodgers)

Gotta be (hopefully?) an old report.

Rodgers bet on the Colts, wasn’t a star, but was a name everybody recognized….and I’m seeing nothing anywhere else.

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

Kent Sterling just reported a Colts player is being investigated by the NFL for betting on his own team.  He said the player is not a star but a player everyone will recognize.  More to come.

That's an old report on Rogers. I saw that weeks ago

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

If They cut Bean I bet someone snags him up. That being said, I don’t think the Colts will let him go.

There's no reason to keep three QBs. 

22 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

Gotta be (hopefully?) an old report.

Rodgers bet on the Colts, wasn’t a star, but was a name everybody recognized….and I’m seeing nothing anywhere else.

Kent Sterling certainly isn't reporting breaking news before NFLN or Shefter does. Especially on a weekend.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

Kent Sterling just reported a Colts player is being investigated by the NFL for betting on his own team.  He said the player is not a star but a player everyone will recognize.  More to come.

No offense but you need to be fact checked ....a lot!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

We are weak at safety so I don’t understand the Harrison cut. Was this because of how well Abraham played?

I'm not surprised they cut Harrison. I thought his performance at LB was underwhelming last year, and was not thrilled when they re-signed him during free agency. He probably did not stand out during camp, and other than one hard tackle, I didn't notice him make any other plays this pre-season

7 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

I'm not surprised they cut Harrison. I thought his performance at LB was underwhelming last year, and was not thrilled when they re-signed him during free agency. He probably did not stand out during camp, and other than one hard tackle, I didn't notice him make any other plays this pre-season

Mr guess is he will be back. This is similar to McKenzie to protect a young player.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

With AR being unproven and injury prone and Flacco long in the tooth……I think that’s a pretty good reason!

The emergency QB rule extends to the PS so you can keep your third QB without wasting a roster spot

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

He had 2 picks in on 234 snaps last season 1 for a td, when team needed emergency help at Safety he converted back there despite putting on 20 lbs coaching staff requested.  I thought he played very well.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, CR91 said:

There's no reason to keep three QBs. 

You keep saying that as if it’s fact. It is not.  

You keep 3 QBs if you like Ehlinger as your 3rd and believe there is a chance he gets claimed. 

I would also bet that is what happens. 

1 minute ago, jskinnz said:

You keep 3 QBs if you like Ehlinger as your 3rd and believe there is a chance he gets claimed. 

The emergency QB rule extends to the PS so you don't need to waste a roster spot

4 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Link?

19 minutes ago, CR91 said:

The emergency QB rule extends to the PS so you don't need to waste a roster spot

Aware. But it appears you did not read my post on why a team, or more specifically, the Colts would keep a 3rd QB. 

so hilarious, people on here really pick and choose what reality they want to live in. 

matt gay is overpaid and will be labeled as such until he returns to making his kicks. crow got served up but went cold, unfortunately. 

& another poster right here in this thread said Isiah Rodgers wouldn't make the Philly roster, yet he is. I'd  @ the person but they might be a little too sensitive for that. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/eagles-news-isaiah-rodgers-is-the-favorite-to-start-at-cb-opposite-darius-slay/ar-AA1p3PyV?ocid=BingNewsVerp&apiversion=v2&noservercache=1&domshim=1&renderwebcomponents=1&wcseo=1&batchservertelemetry=1&noservertelemetry=1

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, holeymoley99 said:

He had 2 picks in on 234 snaps last season 1 for a td, when team needed emergency help at Safety he converted back there despite putting on 20 lbs coaching staff requested.  I thought he played very well.

Not to mention the blitz sack on Stroud in the last game. Saying he did nothing isn't right.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AKB said:

so hilarious, people on here really pick and choose what reality they want to live in. 

matt gay is overpaid and will be labeled as such until he returns to making his kicks. crow got served up but went cold, unfortunately. 

& another poster right here in this thread said Isiah Rodgers wouldn't make the Philly roster, yet he is. I'd  @ the person but they might be a little too sensitive for that. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/eagles-news-isaiah-rodgers-is-the-favorite-to-start-at-cb-opposite-darius-slay/ar-AA1p3PyV?ocid=BingNewsVerp&apiversion=v2&noservercache=1&domshim=1&renderwebcomponents=1&wcseo=1&batchservertelemetry=1&noservertelemetry=1

Let’s be clear….   Matt Gay is overpaid to you.   Not to everyone.   But to you and others who think they’re smarter than Chris Ballard.   

You're entitled to whatever opinion you like.   But it’s not like you speak for all.  

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Let’s be clear….   Matt Gay is overpaid to you.   Not to everyone.   But to you and others who think they’re smarter than Chris Ballard.   

You're entitled to whatever opinion you like.   But it’s not like you speak for all.  

and the sky is blue, and water is wet. great. thanks for the news. i'd inform you of some things about yourself but i'd probably have another unintended absence on the forum. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

Aware. But it appears you did not read my post on why a team, or more specifically, the Colts would keep a 3rd QB. 

I don't see the point of keeping Ehlinger if you like him. It's a waste of a roster spot. I highly doubt Ehlinger is coveted in the NFL that he couldn't make it through waivers and even if he doesn't, it's not exactly a huge loss

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think gay is paid a bit more than he has produced. I think he’s a good kicker but he has been rather shaky and not exactly Mr reliable especially from longer distances which likely could cost us a game or two. I think he is about the 8th or so highest paid kicker…but I’m not sure he is the 8th best kicker…and I realize pay doesn’t always equal production. 

Just now, krunk said:

I'd be okay with Bean or Elingher. Bean is the better athlete.

The problem is that the guy doesn’t know beans about the nfl… haha 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, krunk said:

I'd be okay with Bean or Elingher. Bean is the better athlete.

im biased towards sam, but i think bean did enough to earn a roster spot. 

• Like 1

Sam will make the roster, because he has been our 3rd stringer, I don't think he is any good but he knows the system and is a great locker room guy, and Ballard likes him. As far as Gay goes, he was injured last year, before he was injured, he was money. He made the Ravens his girlfriend.

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Sam will make the roster, because he has been our 3rd stringer, I don't think he is any good but he knows the system and is a great locker room guy, and Ballard likes him. As far as Gay goes, he was injured last year, before he was injured, he was money. He made the Ravens his girlfriend.

you forgot the most important part, Ballard drafted him. -- he probably makes the roster on that alone. Ben Banagou was garbage his entire time here, didn't matter. Not that I agree sam is no good.  As far as the Gay conversation goes, we will see how it goes this season. 

• Like 3

Just now, AKB said:

you forgot the most important part, Ballard drafted him. -- he probably makes the roster on that alone. Ben Banagou was garbage his entire time here, didn't matter. Not that I agree sam is no good.  As far as the Gay conversation goes, we will see how it goes this season. 

Ben was just flat out bad. Sam being a 3rd stringer is no big deal. We have AR and Flacco. Sam is just insurance. 

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Ben was just flat out bad. Sam being a 3rd stringer is no big deal. We have AR and Flacco. Sam is just insurance. 

idk I had a soft spot for Sam since he's been here, and most people think he's nothing more than a third-stringer. I think the only starting snaps we got to see were a circus show - vs. BB. His ceiling probably is a back-up but I don't think he's bad by any means. His ceiling is probably Heinicke's floor. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Hunh? Not Isiah Rodgers all over again 

59 minutes ago, AKB said:

and the sky is blue, and water is wet. great. thanks for the news. i'd inform you of some things about yourself but i'd probably have another unintended absence on the forum. 

Sorry, but you didn’t do yourself any favors by starting your previous post by mocking others here for living in an alternate universe.  That jumped out at me.  

And I’m publicly inviting you to call me out over anything I write that you find questionable.  You want to debate issues — that’s fine.   And I’m not looking for either of us to get suspended.  That’s the last thing I’d want.

I’m just saying I recognize this goes both ways.   My offer stands.  

Man I hope the debating about QB 3 and the kicker is not indicative of how little we will have to talk about concerning this team in 2024. or we might all be singing, "Lord help our Colts"  lol

• Like 6

1 hour ago, jskinnz said:

I guess we should talk later about how many teams carry 3.

Is Sam that good that someone would sign him to their 53?

Again, we will see. But Sam as a #2? We paid Flacco $8M for that not to happen here.

The good news is we have a better choice.

12 minutes ago, Crunked said:

Man I hope the debating about QB 3 and the kicker is not indicative of how little we will have to talk about concerning this team in 2024. or we might all be singing, "Lord help our Colts"  lol

Actually quite the contrary…if that’s all we have to debate then this team should be on fire.

27 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Sorry, but you didn’t do yourself any favors by starting your previous post by mocking others here for living in an alternate universe.  That jumped out at me.  

And I’m publicly inviting you to call me out over anything I write that you find questionable.  You want to debate issues — that’s fine.   And I’m not looking for either of us to get suspended.  That’s the last thing I’d want.

I’m just saying I recognize this goes both ways.   My offer stands.  

no thanks. 

• Thanks 1