Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Update: Tracking Colts releases at cutdown

CR91

21 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Let’s be clear….   Matt Gay is overpaid to you.   Not to everyone.   But to you and others who think they’re smarter than Chris Ballard.   

You're entitled to whatever opinion you like.   But it’s not like you speak for all.  

He better get it together he hasnt been very reliable as of late.

21 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Let’s be clear….   Matt Gay is overpaid to you.   Not to everyone.   But to you and others who think they’re smarter than Chris Ballard.   

You're entitled to whatever opinion you like.   But it’s not like you speak for all.  

I don’t care what he’s paid. I’m concerned that he may be on the decline and kickers go thru decline FAST historically.  So I’m kind of hoping we can sneak that Spencer kid on to the roster as a plan B just incase Gay is in decline

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BlackTiger said:

He looked good, it wasn't just everyone was bad.  Baker had a legitimately good off season.

that's good to hear, and i hopee it transfers to production in season

Mike Strachan had some good off-seasons too, and so did Deon cain.. etc

Just now, csmopar said:

I don’t care what he’s paid. I’m concerned that he may be on the decline and kickers go thru decline FAST historically.  So I’m kind of hoping we can sneak that Spencer kid on to the roster as a plan B just incase Gay is in decline

exactly. what he's paid is secondary to the fact he is underperforming. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I think if we cut Pinter he’s going to get picked up.  I just read where Dalton Risner is going on IR to start the season for the Vikings.  I think OL is going to be a position that will be popular at cutdowns.

I'm not sure I know what Pinter has ever done to warrant being kept to be honest.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Kickers go into decline historically when they’re old, as Adam V was.  

But Gay isn’t old.  He’s 30/31.  He’s still in his prime.  He declined last year due to a groin injury, otherwise he has been consistently good.  That’s why the Colts paid him what they did.   4/22m. 

Obviousky, I want what we all want.  A solid, reliable kicker.   I expect to see that this year.  I’ll be disappointed if we don’t.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, krunk said:

I'm not sure I know what Pinter has ever done to warrant being kept to be honest.

Hmmmm! Some said he played pretty good when he filled in for Kelly a couple of years ago. Sorry you missed it. And if you cared to watch we have been running all over them this pre-season and he has been good. And passing well too of course. He was decent playing some guard also.

3 hours ago, AKB said:

edit: i see sam was cut too

Sam was one of Franks guys not Shanes.

I think Shane wanted to take good look last season but Sam's physical limitations were pretty obvious. 

Ideally you want to draft a qb and have him be so good a team will want to trade a pick for him. That wasn't happening with Sam.

Hopefully Sam will hook up with another team but I really feel he'd make a good coach.

Good luck Sam !

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/25/2024 at 5:42 PM, CR91 said:

The emergency QB rule extends to the PS so you can keep your third QB without wasting a roster spot

Questions: Do we have to activate that QB for that game? Can we bring up the same player all 17 regular season games, or is there a limit? Or does that 3rd QB stay listed as PS, but allowed to come in if catastrophe hits the first 2????

21 minutes ago, jimmy g said:

Questions: Do we have to activate that QB for that game? Can we bring up the same player all 17 regular season games, or is there a limit? Or does that 3rd QB stay listed as PS, but allowed to come in if catastrophe hits the first 2????

Perhaps this article may answer some of your questions.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2024/08/nflpa-nixes-emergency-third-qb-rule#ref=home

Also, from the Athletic:

Quarterbacks signed to a team’s practice squad will once again only be allowed to be elevated three times a season, as with other positions, before having to be signed to the 53-man roster or released.

The vetoed rule would have removed this stipulation and allowed a practice squad quarterback to, in theory, serve as the emergency third quarterback without ever having to be signed to the 53-man roster.

With the NFLPA’s veto, clubs could choose to keep an additional QB on their initial 53-man rosters.

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5724530/2024/08/26/nflpa-expansion-emergency-third-quarterback-rule?source=user-shared-article

Edited by NFLfan
Added more information
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, jimmy g said:

Thanks!  That certainly changes things!   Going to need three, it seems.  And being that it just happened- that alters the leaked possible cuts!

I believe so.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimmy g said:

Well apparently NFLPA vetoed the idea so it's a moot point now.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RollerColt said:

It's a timeless tradition on the Colts site. Remember Chad Kelly?

He is become quite polarizing in the CFL.  He is the best player in the league but he can't keep himself out of trouble.  He is a complete * but does have talent.  I suppose nothing different from what anyone was saying about him during his time here. 
He was just reinstated and played his first game back last week after a suspension for harassing a strength and conditioning coach. Pretty much on his last chance with the Toronto Argos, and with his success in the league and with that team it is really saying something. It must suck being his coach or OC!

17 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I think if we cut Pinter he’s going to get picked up.  I just read where Dalton Risner is going on IR to start the season for the Vikings.  I think OL is going to be a position that will be popular at cutdowns.

I do not think that any team is going to cut a player to add the Colts 3rd team center.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JMichael557 said:

I do not think that any team is going to cut a player to add the Colts 3rd team center.

Maybe, maybe not, but backup O-linemen are a hot commodity right now. Supply and demand are in Pinter’s favor. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

A big run shopping S. Available because he is weak in coverage. We let his equal or better go.

Going off PFF he is overall better than the backups we have and his 60.1 rating in coverage is not a liability as much as the depth players we have now. I’m talking about making the overall depth better. Not suggesting he be a starter

• Like 1