Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Only 10 players left on NFL Top 100 list... um....

... and only Zaire Franklin is on the list at #100.

So, unless we intend to see DeForest Buckner, Quenton Nelson, Jonathan Taylor, Grover Stewart, Ryan Kelley, Michael Pittman, Bernard Raimann, Julian Blackmon occupying 8 of the top 10, then there is something seriously wrong with their top 100 list.  They should have been mentioned before now.  And of them, we might -- might, mind you -- see 2 mentioned in the top 10.  Maybe.

Ain't gettin' no respect on the list.

(I know this subject has been discussed in these forums, but I'm failing to find the thread.  Sorry!)

2 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

So, unless we intend to see DeForest Buckner, Quenton Nelson, Jonathan Taylor, Grover Stewart, Ryan Kelley, Michael Pittman, Bernard Raimann, Julian Blackmon occupying 8 of the top 10, then there is something seriously wrong with their top 100 list.  They should have been mentioned before now.  And of them, we might -- might, mind you -- see 2 mentioned in the top 10.  Maybe.

(I know this subject has been discussed in these forums, but I'm failing to find the thread.  Sorry!)

All I can say is to remind that this vote is by the players, and that the NFL Network never reveals how many or few players actually vote.   In short, it’s a very flawed voting system so I rarely get worked up.  And if the colts don’t get a top-10 player and we only end up with Zaire, then how credible is it really? 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

All I can say is to remind that this vote is by the players, and that the NFL Network never reveals how many or few players actually vote.   In short, it’s a very flawed voting system so I rarely get worked up.  And if the colts don’t get a top-10 player and we only end up with Zaire, then how credible is it really? 

Sounds like some good bulletin board material for the locker room! 

• Like 1

You get recognized for dominating at your position, putting up big numbers and/or winning. It is what it is.

Buckner not being on the list is the biggest mystery to me - he's a top 5 DT in my opinion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Hammonds said:

There are a half a dozen or more better DT than Buckner, similar number of guards are there based on Q's 2022- 2023. Taylor was out produced by a lot of backs last season. Pittman is iffy as a top 15 at his position.

And you must be joking about your other names.

Our guys have to play better because these players are superb.

You have to believe we are one of the SB favorites, not an outside team to make the playoffs.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BeanDiasucci said:

PFF put out a Top 101 players from the 2023 season. It had one Colt, Buckner at #62. https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-pff-101-top-players-2023-nfl-season

If you ask Ballard about this list he would say we are team not individual players which is correct. Don't get me wrong I would love to poach this list for the Colts but we have our team and we hope every year its enough to do big things 

19 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

There are a half a dozen or more better DT than Buckner, similar number of guards are there based on Q's 2022- 2023. Taylor was out produced by a lot of backs last season. Pittman is iffy as a top 15 at his position.

And you must be joking about your other names.

Our guys have to play better because these players are superb.

You have to believe we are one of the SB favorites, not an outside team to make the playoffs.

I think you misunderstand me.  And maybe I wasn't clear in my post.  I think those 8 people ought to have been mentioned somewhere along the way in the 100 players.  At the very least, I consider Taylor, Buckner, Quenton as better than Zaire Franklin, who got mention at #100.  That Franklin winds up being the only player mentioned so far should be a wild inaccuracy, due to the vagaries of popular voting.  If they want to vote Buckner at #100 and not mention anyone else, I would accept it more.  Like you, I also feel that Buckner, Q, Taylor, etc., are not top 10 players in the NFL.  But they should have been mentioned by now, and probably should have been mentioned instead of Franklin.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, CR91 said:

Buckner and Q not on the list is a joke, but the colts are always disrespected

Just off the Madden ratings I know the disrespect is real this year.  Buckner being an 87 is low but respectable.  But Q being an 89 is criminal.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

That is what the NFL Network says, that it is the players that vote. I am not sure I am buying that. Here is why, I can't remember what year (it was maybe 3 or 4 years ago), a lot of players got asked about this and several said they had no vote. I have a hard time believing that any player in the league doesn't believe that Jonathan Taylor or Quenton Nelson isn't top 100. Any opponent/player knows better. JMO, I have no facts but I think the NFL Network is in on the voting as well. I am not being biased but Taylor is the 2nd best RB in the league only behind McCaffrey, something stinks in the kitchen about this list.

58 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is what the NFL Network says, that it is the players that vote. I am not sure I am buying that. Here is why, I can't remember what year (it was maybe 3 or 4 years ago), a lot of players got asked about this and several said they had no vote. I have a hard time believing that any player in the league doesn't believe that Jonathan Taylor or Quenton Nelson isn't top 100. Any opponent/player knows better. JMO, I have no facts but I think the NFL Network is in on the voting as well. I am not being biased but Taylor is the 2nd best RB in the league only behind McCaffrey, something stinks in the kitchen about this list.

CBE….   I don’t know how the voting works?   I don’t know if the Network only wants X number of players for each team, or if they will take as many from each team as want to vote?  

What I do know is that no one is playing with the tabulation totals.  The NFL Network would have everything to lose and nothing to gain.  And it would only take one unhappy person to leak that they fix the outcomes and the NFL would have a headline grabbing scandal that they want no part of.  

Just say no to conspiracy theory’s 

7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

CBE….   I don’t know how the voting works?   I don’t know if the Network only wants X number of players for each team, or if they will take as many from each team as want to vote?  

What I do know is that no one is playing with the tabulation totals.  The NFL Network would have everything to lose and nothing to gain.  And it would only take one unhappy person to leak that they fix the outcomes and the NFL would have a headline grabbing scandal that they want no part of.  

Just say no to conspiracy theory’s 

I just heard the top 4:

1. Hill

2. Lamar

3. McCaffrey

4. Pat Mahomes 

- Pat Mahomes at 4. OK homer simpson laughing GIF

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I just heard the top 4:

1. Hill

2. Lamar

3. McCaffrey

4. Pat Mahomes 

- Pat Mahomes at 4. OK homer simpson laughing GIF

Well….  That wouldn’t have been my top-4, or yours either.   And I think it’s a bad look for the Network.   But it is what it is…. 

🙄.   🙄.   

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Well….  That wouldn’t have been my top-4, or yours either.   And I think it’s a bad look for the Network.   But it is what it is…. 

🙄.   🙄.   

I am not sure in what order my top 10 would be but Mahomes has to be #1, doesn't he?

57 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not sure in what order my top 10 would be but Mahomes has to be #1, doesn't he?

One would think so.   And McCaffrey, because of his position (RB) shouldn’t be 3rd ahead of Mahomes.  And I love Christian, as you know, he’s a Stanford kid.   But still….   

And Lamar Jackson ahead of Mahomes?   I didn’t see that coming.   Again, a bad look for the credibility of the Network.    Hey, what are you going to do?  

9 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

One would think so.   And McCaffrey, because of his position (RB) shouldn’t be 3rd ahead of Mahomes.  And I love Christian, as you know, he’s a Stanford kid.   But still….   

And Lamar Jackson ahead of Mahomes?   I didn’t see that coming.   Again, a bad look for the credibility of the Network.    Hey, what are you going to do?  

To your last sentence, other than complain like a grouchy old man not much I can do Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not having Taylor on it is even worse IMO.

Taylor is mot coming off a very good year.  In fact,  two sub-par years in a row, because of (A) injury and (B) the 2022 OL was a disaster.   So I don’t have an issue on JT.  And to be clear, I love the kid and I’m glad he’s our RB1. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yeah. Jackson over Mahomes makes no sense. Pat won the head to head in the highest of stakes in the championship last year. 

I’ve mostly stopped following the top 100 for this reason. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Yeah. Jackson over Mahomes makes no sense. Pat won the head to head in the highest of stakes in the championship last year. 

Top 5 should be:

1. Pat Mahomes - Michael Jordan of football

2. Lamar Jackson - MVP

3. Christian McCaffrey - he can pass catch just as good as anyone is why. He is a RB and WR wrapped up in 1 guy! 

4. Myles Garrett - Devastating Pass Rusher

5. Tyreke Hill - best WR in the league

-I need to teach these boys over at the NFL network how to make a list chuckling homer simpson GIF.

23 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

I think you misunderstand me.  And maybe I wasn't clear in my post.  I think those 8 people ought to have been mentioned somewhere along the way in the 100 players.  At the very least, I consider Taylor, Buckner, Quenton as better than Zaire Franklin, who got mention at #100.  That Franklin winds up being the only player mentioned so far should be a wild inaccuracy, due to the vagaries of popular voting.  If they want to vote Buckner at #100 and not mention anyone else, I would accept it more.  Like you, I also feel that Buckner, Q, Taylor, etc., are not top 10 players in the NFL.  But they should have been mentioned by now, and probably should have been mentioned instead of Franklin.

Haven't looked at this list.  What team has the most players on the list?

45 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I keep a casual eye on things, but only for the odd ones.   And there appear to be a bunch of head scratchers this year.   Wish it wasn’t so.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gspdx said:

Haven't looked at this list.  What team has the most players on the list?

San Francisco 49ers - 9

3 Christian McCaffrey, RB

7 Trent Williams, T

11 Fred Warner, LB

14 George Kittle, TE

27 Nick Bosa, DE

28 Brock Purdy, QB

30 Deebo Samuel, WR

66 Brandon Aiyuk, WR

76 Dre Greenlaw, LB

Miami Dolphins - 8

1 Tyreek Hill, WR

25 Jalen Ramsey, CB

36 Tua Tagovailoa, QB

60 Raheem Mostert, RB

62 Bradley Chubb, OLB

63 Jaylen Waddle, WR

65 Jordan Poyer, S

67 Terron Armstead, T

New York Jets - 6

32 Quincy Williams, LB

37 Quinnen Williams, DT

38 Sauce Gardner, CB

72 Garrett Wilson, WR

87 Haason Reddick, LB

92 Aaron Rodgers, QB

Dallas Cowboys - 5

13 CeeDee Lamb, WR

16 Dak Prescott, QB

17 Micah Parsons, LB

31 DaRon Bland, CB

53 Zack Martin, G

Philadelphia Eagles - 5

15 Jalen Hurts, QB

21 A.J. Brown, WR

41 Lane Johnson, T

86 Saquon Barkley, RB

90 DeVonta Smith, WR

Detroit Lions - 5

22 Penei Sewell, T

23 Amon-Ra St. Brown, WR

47 Aidan Hutchinson, DE

48 Jared Goff, QB

80 Sam LaPorta, TE

Baltimore Ravens - 5

2 Lamar Jackson, QB

19 Roquan Smith, LB

43 Kyle Hamilton, S

49 Derrick Henry, RB

61 Justin Madubuike, DT

Tampa Bay Buccaneers - 4

26 Mike Evans, WR

46 Antoine Winfield Jr, S

85 Tristan Wirfs, T

99 Lavonte David, LB

Los Angeles Rams - 4

33 Puka Nacua, WR

42 Matthew Stafford, QB

69 Cooper Kupp, WR

78 Kyren Williams, RB

Pittsburgh Steelers - 4

8 T.J. Watt, OLB

64 Patrick Queen, LB

79 Minkah Fitzpatrick, S

98 Cameron Heyward, DT

Houston Texans - 4

20 C.J. Stroud, QB

56 Stefon Diggs, WR

68 Danielle Hunter, DE

71 Laremy Tunsil, T

Cincinnati Bengals - 3

39 Joe Burrow, QB

45 Ja'Marr Chase, WR

77 Trey Hendrickson, DE

Los Angeles Chargers - 3

29 Khalil Mack, LB

75 Justin Herbert, QB

83 Derwin James, S

Kansas City Chiefs - 3

4 Patrick Mahomes, QB

6 Chris Jones, DE

9 Travis Kelce, TE

Washington Commanders - 3

54 Jonathan Allen, DE

59 Bobby Wagner, WB

97 Terri McLauren, WR

Atlanta Falcons - 3

74 Jessie Bates, S

81 Kirk Cousins, QB

88 Chris Lindstrom, G

Las Vegas Raiders - 3

10 Maxx Crosby, DE

40 Davante Adams, WR

58 Christian Wilkins, DE

Seattle Seahawks - 3

84 D.K. Metcalf, WR

91 Tariq Woolen, CB

95 Julian Love, S

Chicago Bears - 2

51 Keenan Allen, WR

82 Montez Sweat, DE

Buffalo Bills - 2

12 Josh Allen, QB

96 Dion Dawkins, DT

Cleveland Browns - 2

5 Myles Garrett, DE

70 Amari Cooper, WR

New York Giants - 2

24 Dexter Lawrence, DT

55 Brian Burns, LB

Jacksonville Jaguars - 2

35 Josh Hines-Allen, OLB

94 Trevor Lawrence, QB

Green Bay Packers - 2

34 Jordan Love, QB

50 Rashan Gary, RB

Minnesota Vikings - 2

18 Justin Jefferson, WR

93 Harrison Smith, S

Denver Broncos - 1

52 Patrick Surtain II, CB

Arizona Cardinals - 1

89 Budda Baker, S

Indianapolis Colts - 1

100 Zaire Franklin, LB

New Orleans Saints - 1

44 Demario Davis, LB

Tennessee Titans - 1

73 Jeffrey Simmons, DT

NOBODY - 1

57 Justin Simmons, S

2 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

San Francisco 49ers - 9

3 Christian McCaffrey, RB

7 Trent Williams, T

11 Fred Warner, LB

14 George Kittle, TE

27 Nick Bosa, DE

28 Brock Purdy, QB

30 Deebo Samuel, WR

66 Brandon Aiyuk, WR

76 Dre Greenlaw, LB

Miami Dolphins - 8

1 Tyreek Hill, WR

25 Jalen Ramsey, CB

36 Tua Tagovailoa, QB

60 Raheem Mostert, RB

62 Bradley Chubb, OLB

63 Jaylen Waddle, WR

65 Jordan Poyer, S

67 Terron Armstead, T

New York Jets - 6

32 Quincy Williams, LB

37 Quinnen Williams, DT

38 Sauce Gardner, CB

72 Garrett Wilson, WR

87 Haason Reddick, LB

92 Aaron Rodgers, QB

Dallas Cowboys - 5

13 CeeDee Lamb, WR

16 Dak Prescott, QB

17 Micah Parsons, LB

31 DaRon Bland, CB

53 Zack Martin, G

Philadelphia Eagles - 5

15 Jalen Hurts, QB

21 A.J. Brown, WR

41 Lane Johnson, T

86 Saquon Barkley, RB

90 DeVonta Smith, WR

Detroit Lions - 5

22 Penei Sewell, T

23 Amon-Ra St. Brown, WR

47 Aidan Hutchinson, DE

48 Jared Goff, QB

80 Sam LaPorta, TE

Baltimore Ravens - 5

2 Lamar Jackson, QB

19 Roquan Smith, LB

43 Kyle Hamilton, S

49 Derrick Henry, RB

61 Justin Madubuike, DT

Tampa Bay Buccaneers - 4

26 Mike Evans, WR

46 Antoine Winfield Jr, S

85 Tristan Wirfs, T

99 Lavonte David, LB

Los Angeles Rams - 4

33 Puka Nacua, WR

42 Matthew Stafford, QB

69 Cooper Kupp, WR

78 Kyren Williams, RB

Pittsburgh Steelers - 4

8 T.J. Watt, OLB

64 Patrick Queen, LB

79 Minkah Fitzpatrick, S

98 Cameron Heyward, DT

Houston Texans - 4

20 C.J. Stroud, QB

56 Stefon Diggs, WR

68 Danielle Hunter, DE

71 Laremy Tunsil, T

Cincinnati Bengals - 3

39 Joe Burrow, QB

45 Ja'Marr Chase, WR

77 Trey Hendrickson, DE

Los Angeles Chargers - 3

29 Khalil Mack, LB

75 Justin Herbert, QB

83 Derwin James, S

Kansas City Chiefs - 3

4 Patrick Mahomes, QB

6 Chris Jones, DE

9 Travis Kelce, TE

Washington Commanders - 3

54 Jonathan Allen, DE

59 Bobby Wagner, WB

97 Terri McLauren, WR

Atlanta Falcons - 3

74 Jessie Bates, S

81 Kirk Cousins, QB

88 Chris Lindstrom, G

Las Vegas Raiders - 3

10 Maxx Crosby, DE

40 Davante Adams, WR

58 Christian Wilkins, DE

Seattle Seahawks - 3

84 D.K. Metcalf, WR

91 Tariq Woolen, CB

95 Julian Love, S

Chicago Bears - 2

51 Keenan Allen, WR

82 Montez Sweat, DE

Buffalo Bills - 2

12 Josh Allen, QB

96 Dion Dawkins, DT

Cleveland Browns - 2

5 Myles Garrett, DE

70 Amari Cooper, WR

New York Giants - 2

24 Dexter Lawrence, DT

55 Brian Burns, LB

Jacksonville Jaguars - 2

35 Josh Hines-Allen, OLB

94 Trevor Lawrence, QB

Green Bay Packers - 2

34 Jordan Love, QB

50 Rashan Gary, RB

Minnesota Vikings - 2

18 Justin Jefferson, WR

93 Harrison Smith, S

Denver Broncos - 1

52 Patrick Surtain II, CB

Arizona Cardinals - 1

89 Budda Baker, S

Indianapolis Colts - 1

100 Zaire Franklin, LB

New Orleans Saints - 1

44 Demario Davis, LB

Tennessee Titans - 1

73 Jeffrey Simmons, DT

NOBODY - 1

57 Justin Simmons, S

So we have as many as NOBODY

• Like 2

On 8/3/2024 at 10:43 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Top 5 should be:

1. Pat Mahomes - Michael Jordan of football

2. Lamar Jackson - MVP

3. Christian McCaffrey - he can pass catch just as good as anyone is why. He is a RB and WR wrapped up in 1 guy! 

4. Myles Garrett - Devastating Pass Rusher

5. Tyreke Hill - best WR in the league

-I need to teach these boys over at the NFL network how to make a list chuckling homer simpson GIF.

The boys at the NFLN didn’t make the list.  Players voted, the network simply reports the outcome.