Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Roster moves

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

When I seen Roster Moves as the title, you scared me. I thought maybe we were bringing back Charlie Whitehurst since the AR news. (joking)

What AR news?!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Fields at 5'9" and 29" arms  well lol. He did a great job at the level he played in. 

Slykwa was Div. 3 and has a legitimate shot as a developmental practice squad guy.

18 minutes ago, King Colt said:

He might be referring to the sore shoulder news.

I am pretty sure @csmoparwas being sarcastic, when he said 'What AR news", because it really isn't news as of now. Some want it to be news so they can have something to talk about. It would be news if he said his shoulder was bothering him after week 1. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, King Colt said:

Just heard if the shoulder issue is scar tissue it is not a concern. Overall, no one appears to be worried

Now we are speculating it’s scar tissue. Have any of you ever had a surgery. Everything is normal with this rehab. He has to throw so there is no pain. Then maybe rest a day. This is all normal.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Now we are speculating it’s scar tissue. Have any of you ever had a surgery. Everything is normal with this rehab. He has to throw so there is no pain. Then maybe rest a day. This is all normal.

It's just one of those things where we have been burned with Luck and Richardson last year. Even as far back as Manning in 2011 where he was out for the year, and we ended up letting him go. Colts fans have had bad luck with QB injuries (no pun intended),

It's one of those things where we won't feel completely good about the situation until AR is healthy when the season starts and he doesn't get hurt. Then we'll all breathe a sigh of relief like it's no big deal.

23 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

It's just one of those things where we have been burned with Luck and Richardson last year. Even as far back as Manning in 2011 where he was out for the year, and we ended up letting him go. Colts fans have had bad luck with QB injuries (no pun intended),

It's one of those things where we won't feel completely good about the situation until AR is healthy when the season starts and he doesn't get hurt. Then we'll all breathe a sigh of relief like it's no big deal.

Instead of looking at it this way maybe look at what happened in the league last season. Last season was just a very bad year for QB injuries. It wasn’t just the colts.  AFC was a mess last season.

12 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Instead of looking at it this way maybe look at what happened in the league last season. Last season was just a very bad year for QB injuries. It wasn’t just the colts.  AFC was a mess last season.

I guess to me it really doesn't make a difference how many QBs got hurt in relation to Richardson. The only pattern is that there are more running QBs in the NFL now than ever before and their style of play leads to them getting hurt more often. It was an exception year where most QBs were missing time, but it's happened a lot to the Colts and Colts fans, so speaking for myself, I'm paranoid about this sort of thing by experience of being a Colts fan. I'm also an Atlanta Braves fan in baseball, and we've had some devastating injuries there as well. 

I don't mean to ruin your excitement or anything, I just want a healthy season where we have Richardson starting all year. Shouldn't be too much to ask. We've been snakebitten at QB for a long time, and I just want to have a fun year where we can watch AR do exciting things and possibly lead us to the playoffs.

21 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

I guess to me it really doesn't make a difference how many QBs got hurt in relation to Richardson. The only pattern is that there are more running QBs in the NFL now than ever before and their style of play leads to them getting hurt more often. It was an exception year where most QBs were missing time, but it's happened a lot to the Colts and Colts fans, so speaking for myself, I'm paranoid about this sort of thing by experience of being a Colts fan. I'm also an Atlanta Braves fan in baseball, and we've had some devastating injuries there as well. 

I don't mean to ruin your excitement or anything, I just want a healthy season where we have Richardson starting all year. Shouldn't be too much to ask. We've been snakebitten at QB for a long time, and I just want to have a fun year where we can watch AR do exciting things and possibly lead us to the playoffs.

I am just not going to flip out because of his rookie season.  I know some of you feel scared by Luck but the present and what will happen will have no bearing on what did happen.

I hope there are lessons the Colts have learned about the Luck situation with having very poor head coaching and an abysmal general manager. Look, there are no perfect people in this world, but that doesn't mean you have to scrape the bottom of the barrel. I can't predict the outcome, but it does seem like the Colts are (at least) trying to be both professional and competitive.

I do wish their FO personnel hadn't been sick the days that they taught probabilities and statistics. Even knowledgeable professionals have a hard time with those subjects.