Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts offseason discussion / Ballard Grievances (merge)

10 minutes ago, smittywerb said:

This free agency so far for us has been meh.  Loved that we’ve resigned our own but can’t say we’ve gotten better either.

All is not lost however.  There are still some players I see out there that can be brought in and provide instant help:

- Julian Blackmon:  not sure why he hasn’t been resigned yet.  But I hope we do.

- Kamren Curl:  he’d be what we need at FS.  Graded out as 67 on PFF. And he’s only 25

Im pretty meh on the corners and edges left.

Curl is a strong safety not a free safety.  Might as well sign a more productive Blackmon then.  Diggs and Simmons are free safeties

38 minutes ago, twfish said:

Is it crazy to think that since the colts were 1 game away from winning the division and going to the playoffs with a very limited back up QB that we really don’t need as much as some of us think we do?

I don’t think we were as bad as some think but I don’t think we are as good as we put on at times either. We did benefit a bit from an easier schedule. But the the funny part is… we lost more in the “easy” part than we did in the “hardest” part of the schedule. 

38 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

If they are so adamant about adding talent to the secondary why aren’t they getting any actual FAs? And you don’t have to give up draft picks to get them! 

Not a fan of moving high picks for Sneed personally. 

Well with Snead, you’re getting a guy coming off of a career year that’s still on the right side of 30. Most of the FAs at DB were either banged up, on the decline, over 30 or more man press type DBs vs our zone scheme. 

30 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

Haha....I used to live in Brown County

We’re northwest of Morgantown, a few miles north of 252. Trying to get as far away from city life as possible as my kids age into the prime age for gang recruitment. Having gone through that struggle in Chicago many years ago as a kid, I want nothing to do with any big city. It’s just a breeding ground. We scrounged and saved. Bought 15 acres up here. It’s not much but we get a big garden. Kind of funny being surrounded by old white farmers when you’re black but everyone has been kind and respectful. Old guy that owns the woods next to us comes over from time to time to play poker with us, even mows our field for us, for free. Great guy which if you knew who his great uncle was, you’d be shocked

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

Love this move.  Super Bowl winner who has as much football knowledge as any QB in the league.  Perfect guy to mentor Richardson.

This reminds me of when Polian brought Rypien in for a year early in Peyton’s career to help mentor him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Flacco is older then Steichen.😁

Super Bowl Champion, better long ball touch then 25 starting QB’s, another coach in the QB room who can be an awesome mentor to AR!!! Outstanding signing!!! 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Which was a terrible mistake in itself

Flacco is a Super Bowl-winning QB that can still outperform several starters currently. Dude has a ton of knowledge and can easily teach AR several things. He wasn’t brought here to be the damn starter. He’s a backup and there isn’t a better backup in the league right now. Again… STOP BEING SO NEGATIVE. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

If they are so adamant about adding talent to the secondary why aren’t they getting any actual FAs? And you don’t have to give up draft picks to get them! 

Not a fan of moving high picks for Sneed personally. 

Because they want Sneed and are waiting to see if they get him.  They have three good young corners.  You only have so many roster spots and money.  So you have to pick the guy you want and go after him.  If they don’t get him they will pivot to plan b.  Most of the corners are still out there because most of the league that wants a corner is waiting to see what happens with Sneed.

Where the roster stands currently.

** my estimations

2024 Cap Space:

Spotrac - **estimate $20.8m

OtC - **estimate $17.2m

Re-signed

FA Signing

2024 Roster:(under contract)(72)

Offense:(35)

QB:(3) Anthony Richardson, Joe Flacco, Sam Ehlinger

RB:(4) Johnathan Taylor, Evan Hull, Tyler Goodson, Zavier Scott

WR:(9) Michael Pittman, Alex Pierce, Josh Downs, Ashton Dulin, DJ Montgomery, Juwann Winfree, Tyrie Cleveland, Ethan Fernea, Terrell Bynum

TE:(7) Mo Alie-Cox, Andrew Ogletree, Jelani Woods, Kylen Granson, Will Mallory, Jordan Murray, Eric Tomlinson

OT:(4) Bernard Raimann, Braden Smith, Blake Freeland, Jake Witt

OG:(5) Quentin Nelson, Will Fries, Josh Sills, Arlington Hambright, Lewis Kidd

OC:(3) Ryan Kelly, Wesley French, Jack Anderson 

Defense:(34)

DE:(7) Samson Ebukam, Kwity Paye, Dayo Odeyingbo, Tyquan Lewis, Titus Leo, Isaiah Land, Genard Avery 

DT:(5) Deforest Buckner, Grover Stewart, Raekwon Davis, Adetomiwa Adebawore, Eric Johnson

LB:(8) EJ Speed, Zaire Franklin, Ronnie Harrison, Grand Stuard, Cameron McGrone, Segun Olubi, Liam Anderson, Austin Ajiake

CB:(7) Dallis Flowers, JuJu Brents, Kenny Moore, Jaylon Jones, Ameer Speed, Chris Lammons, Darrell Baker Jr

S:(7) Rodney Thomas, Nick Cross, Daniel Scott, Trevor Denbow, Marcel Dabo, Kendell Brooks, Michael Tutsie

SPT:(3)

K: Matt Gay

P: Rigoberto Sanchez 

LS: Luke Rhodes 

8 minutes ago, Hawkeyecolt said:

Curl is a strong safety not a free safety.  Might as well sign a more productive Blackmon then.  Diggs and Simmons are free safeties

awhhh my bad, thought I had saw somewhere he could play FS.  Meh, I’d like either of those 2 also

Just now, csmopar said:

I ain’t celebrating until that ink is dry!

Yeah I am in I’ll believe it when it happens with Sneed.  Franklin has nothing to do with personal moves and isn’t being kept in the loop by Ballard.  He’s speculating like all of us.  

As for Sneed yeah he’s going to like a tweet from a guy trying to get him to a team to pay him a boat load of money.

• Thanks 1

I can't believe we are disagreeing over Flac-Jacket

He would have beaten us if we would have played Cleveland in playoff round. Out of all who was left outside of Justin Fields, Flac-Nutz is just fine!!

• Like 2

Just now, Indyfan4life said:

Flacco is a Super Bowl-winning QB that can still outperform several starters currently. Dude has a ton of knowledge and can easily teach AR several things. He wasn’t brought here to be the damn starter. He’s a backup and there isn’t a better backup in the league right now. Again… STOP BEING SO NEGATIVE. 

He's been around for like 20 years. I know what Joe Flacco brings. An old QB who needs a clean pocket. Something the Colts have a very hard time providing. Before Cleveland acquired grabbed him in desperation nobody even wanted him. And sorry, this forum is not only for positive feelings and Colts cheerleaders,

Just now, Indeee said:

I can't believe we are disagreeing over Flac-Jacket

He would have beaten us if we would have played Cleveland in playoff round. Out of all who was left outside of Justin Fields, Flac-Nutz is just fine!!

I’d rather Flacco than Fields

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

Where the roster stands currently.

** my estimations

2024 Cap Space:

Spotrac - **estimate $20.8m

OtC - **estimate $17.2m

Re-signed

FA Signing

2024 Roster:(under contract)(72)

Offense:(35)

QB:(3) Anthony Richardson, Joe Flacco, Sam Ehlinger

RB:(4) Johnathan Taylor, Evan Hull, Tyler Goodson, Zavier Scott

WR:(9) Michael Pittman, Alex Pierce, Josh Downs, Ashton Dulin, DJ Montgomery, Juwann Winfree, Tyrie Cleveland, Ethan Fernea, Terrell Bynum

TE:(7) Mo Alie-Cox, Andrew Ogletree, Jelani Woods, Kylen Granson, Will Mallory, Jordan Murray, Eric Tomlinson

OT:(4) Bernard Raimann, Braden Smith, Blake Freeland, Jake Witt

OG:(5) Quentin Nelson, Will Fries, Josh Sills, Arlington Hambright, Lewis Kidd

OC:(3) Ryan Kelly, Wesley French, Jack Anderson 

Defense:(34)

DE:(7) Samson Ebukam, Kwity Paye, Dayo Odeyingbo, Tyquan Lewis, Titus Leo, Isaiah Land, Genard Avery 

DT:(5) Deforest Buckner, Grover Stewart, Raekwon Davis, Adetomiwa Adebawore, Eric Johnson

LB:(8) EJ Speed, Zaire Franklin, Ronnie Harrison, Grand Stuard, Cameron McGrone, Segun Olubi, Liam Anderson, Austin Ajiake

CB:(7) Dallis Flowers, JuJu Brents, Kenny Moore, Jaylon Jones, Ameer Speed, Chris Lammons, Darrell Baker Jr

S:(7) Rodney Thomas, Nick Cross, Daniel Scott, Trevor Denbow, Marcel Dabo, Kendell Brooks, Michael Tutsie

SPT:(3)

K: Matt Gay

P: Rigoberto Sanchez 

LS: Luke Rhodes 

Ew looking at the defense honestly just looks terrible to me. It's an ick lol

Just now, 1959Colts said:

He's been around for like 20 years. I know what Joe Flacco brings. An old QB who needs a clean pocket. Something the Colts have a very hard time providing. Before Cleveland acquired grabbed him in desperation nobody even wanted him. And sorry, this forum is not only for positive feelings and Colts cheerleaders,

He’s better than fields. By the size of the distance from earth to Pluto

• Like 2

Just now, csmopar said:

He’s better than fields. By the size of the distance from earth to Pluto

And doesn’t cost a draft pick and then have a fifth year $25 million option facing him and potential QB controversy in the waiting.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, tweezy32 said:

Ew looking at the defense honestly just looks terrible to me. It's an ick lol

Definitely still has work to do 

Need a safety or 2, seems to be in the works

Need a CB vet or Rookie, maybe in the works

Need a cover LB or 2, hopefully clearing it up so we can take Payton Wilson in 2nd round of draft.

Maybe will add an edge in FA or draft as well.

8 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Not gonna argue anymore. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tweezy32 said:

Don't get your hopes up… hoping we aren't but not getting my hopes up for Sneed or Simmons.. Hope we grab one of them at least

There are other options if not them.

Sneed

Fuller

Howard

Jackson

Simmons

Diggs

Curl

Baker

Jackson 

Elliott 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Not gonna argue anymore. 

Me too I'm done arguing. 

Don't have time to watch the video. But I bet it does not show the 2 pick sixes in the 14-45 playoff blowout?

You (and it seems everyone else here) love the Joe Flacco signing.

I do not. We are all entitled to our opinions. Should Flacco be called upon in 2024, (which I believe is a very high probability) I hope you are all right. And since he is now a Colt I will be rooting for him to succeed.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, csmopar said:

We’re northwest of Morgantown, a few miles north of 252. Trying to get as far away from city life as possible as my kids age into the prime age for gang recruitment. Having gone through that struggle in Chicago many years ago as a kid, I want nothing to do with any big city. It’s just a breeding ground. We scrounged and saved. Bought 15 acres up here. 

We bought 10 acres just west of Hendricks County a few years ago. My oldest son had 2700 kids in his school in Indy. Only 400 here. We are never moving…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, w87r said:

There are other options if not them.

Sneed

Fuller

Howard

Jackson

Simmons

Diggs

Curl

Baker

Jackson 

Elliott 

With Zaire mentioning both Sneed and Diggs makes me think he knows we’re interested in both players.  Players talk to each other and have friendships so it’s possible he knows.  Sneed is public knowledge but not Diggs.  He’s lobbying for both I think.

• Like 2