Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anthony Richardson getting married and having a baby

Dandy, I love it but don't retire now. I am full of sarcasms but if he lets his woman persuade him to retire I am done with football. I went through this with Luck. Fool me once is ok, fool me twice I am done. I will be waiting for the confused face from @NewColtsFanchuckling homer simpson GIF- I want to win, I don't care about a player's personal life, here is why, they don't care about me. I could be broke tomorrow and they wouldn't help me out. I have been to 50 home games during my life, bought numerous Colts hats, so I have spent 1000's of dollars on this franchise, when the Colts lose it even ruins my week

I am happy for AR and hope he, his wife, and Child live healthy but I want to win! I am just saying what 100 hundred people wanted too lmao 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Dandy, I love it but don't retire now. I am full of sarcasms but if he lets his woman persuade him to retire I am done with football. I went through this with Luck. Fool me once is ok, fool me twice I am done. I will be waiting for the confused face from @NewColtsFanchuckling homer simpson GIF- I want to win, I don't care about a player's personal life, here is why, they don't care about me. I could be broke tomorrow and they wouldn't help me out. I have been to 50 home games during my life, bought numerous Colts hats, so I have spent 1000's of dollars on this franchise, when the Colts lose it even ruins my week

I am happy for AR and hope he, his wife, and Child live healthy but I want to win! I am just saying what 100 hundred people wanted too lmao 

Is it sad that you and I appear to have the exact same thought…. 

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Want to know a funny story Anthony and his finance actually have same last name. She won’t even have to change it lol.

Are they related haha

• Like 2

5 hours ago, csmopar said:

Is it sad that you and I appear to have the exact same thought…. 

Are they related haha

It is sad but sports are different today. Back in the 80's and 90's and I would say around the mid 2000's (2005 or so) players played because they loved the game and didn't make near the money these guys make now. Back then, players played 15 years, played for the same team (cough cough LeBron - ring chasing Billionaire), and they had earn big money by their play. Maybe because Luck retiring the way he did is why I posted what I posted. Luck retired because he was physically beat up, and I appreciate Luck more than many for his great play here, but I also believe his wife wanted him to retire, especially after having a kid. Luck had enough money to do so. AR already is a millionaire now, who is to say, he won't do the same thing?

By the way I am happy for AR, I hope he plays for us for 15 years. I just don't want to go through another Luck situation. I want the Colts to start winning something again. Luck got married in March of 2019, Luck retired in August of 2019 Barack Obama Mic Drop GIF

• Like 2

11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Agree with this 100%. Obviously, I'm not saying without a shadow of a doubt he'll retire earlier, but that thought came to mind as well when I saw this. When you get married, your priorities change, a lot of men listen to their wife more, then having kids can add a whole new layer to your family life. In the past, some players wouldn't see their kids for weeks at a time and they could move several times during their career (which meant the family had to move). People are more sensitive to that these days.

I know it's a selfish thought to think about that amid good news for Richardson, but we got burned by Luck and it took 5 years to get a new possible franchise QB and 6 to see if he's the real deal. Getting married and having a baby can cause a tremendous change to someone and how they live their life. On the surface, it doesn't seem like a big deal, but he has new priorities now, and I do admit I'm a bit worried as well in the short-term until I know it's nothing to worry about. Don't want to lose another QB as a fan of the Colts. 

Thanks for writing this! 

• Like 3

Happy for AR… but when Colt players have kids they forget how to play football…or just stop wanting to play.. haha

Andrew luck

Braden smith

Khari Willis

Darius Leonard

Matt Gay ( he went from money in the bank to having a relationship with the right goalpost)

i exclude Ryan Kelly for obvious reasons

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Rolltide_gocolts said:

Happy for AR… but when Colt players have kids they forget how to play football…or just stop wanting to play.. haha

Andrew luck

Braden smith

Khari Willis

Darius Leonard

Matt Gay ( he went from money in the bank to having a relationship with the right goalpost)

i exclude Ryan Kelly for obvious reasons

Smith is good he just gets injured a lot unfortunately. 

14 hours ago, Yoshinator said:

Agree with this 100%. Obviously, I'm not saying without a shadow of a doubt he'll retire earlier, but that thought came to mind as well when I saw this. When you get married, your priorities change, a lot of men listen to their wife more, then having kids can add a whole new layer to your family life. In the past, some players wouldn't see their kids for weeks at a time and they could move several times during their career (which meant the family had to move). People are more sensitive to that these days.

I know it's a selfish thought to think about that amid good news for Richardson, but we got burned by Luck and it took 5 years to get a new possible franchise QB and 6 to see if he's the real deal. Getting married and having a baby can cause a tremendous change to someone and how they live their life. On the surface, it doesn't seem like a big deal, but he has new priorities now, and I do admit I'm a bit worried as well in the short-term until I know it's nothing to worry about. Don't want to lose another QB as a fan of the Colts. 

Thanks for writing this! 

I just said what many were thinking but didn't want to post it in fear of probably getting bashed. In no way am I bashing AR, let me make that clear. I am happy for the guy, and I believe he has the ability to be good, if not great. After what we went through with Luck, has me paranoid though. If anyone is confused about my posts, hopefully I just explained it. If people can't understand that, oh well. I just want to win, and I want my QB play 10-15 years. I am one of the biggest Luck's fans too, I always praise him but when he retired, it screwed our franchise up. I don't want that happen again. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Most players get married and have babies and don’t retire early. Why is that even a thought?

I got a Labrador Retriever Puppy two years ago, and for a year and a half, I had to limit what I did for a while to sacrifice and take care of her. That meant either staying home and watching her, not having a social life outside of the house, making sure to get a pet sitter for a little while when I did go out. I had new responsibilities, and even though she can stay alone for a while now, she's still someone I have to care for a long time.

Replace a puppy with a baby and add a wife and you have Anthony Richardson. Most guys don't retire early when they get married and have kids. Some do though. There's a lot of factors to it, and some players may feel football is more of a secondary thing quicker after getting married. The wife may want him to retire early, whether it's because of injuries or because she just wants him to settle down. There's another possibility that she could want to move out of Indy, and not want to extend with us in a few years depending on where her preference is to live. AR would normally make these decisions on his own, now they are joint decisions between a husband and wife.

Again, I'm analyzing this because of prior history with Luck, and I may be a bit paranoid, but while I am happy for AR, it's definitely a bit concerning that he already has new priorities in his life, and there's a bit of fair concern until he confirms otherwise, that he may not play 15+ for us if he turns out to be a franchise QB. It may be a big nothing-burger, but it puts me on edge because of what happened with Luck, and I don't want to go through that again.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

I got a Labrador Retriever Puppy two years ago, and for a year and a half, I had to limit what I did for a while to sacrifice and take care of her. That meant either staying home and watching her, not having a social life outside of the house, making sure to get a pet sitter for a little while when I did go out. I had new responsibilities, and even though she can stay alone for a while now, she's still someone I have to care for a long time.

Replace a puppy with a baby and add a wife and you have Anthony Richardson. Most guys don't retire early when they get married and have kids. Some do though. There's a lot of factors to it, and some players may feel football is more of a secondary thing quicker after getting married. The wife may want him to retire early, whether it's because of injuries or because she just wants him to settle down. There's another possibility that she could want to move out of Indy, and not want to extend with us in a few years depending on where her preference is to live. AR would normally make these decisions on his own, now they are joint decisions between a husband and wife.

Again, I'm analyzing this because of prior history with Luck, and I may be a bit paranoid, but while I am happy for AR, it's definitely a bit concerning that he already has new priorities in his life, and there's a bit of fair concern until he confirms otherwise, that he may not play 15+ for us if he turns out to be a franchise QB. It may be a big nothing-burger, but it puts me on edge because of what happened with Luck, and I don't want to go through that again.

I agree, that is really all I have been saying. How any Colts fan can just say players get married all the time and have babies, and don't retire, what is the big deal?, blows me away because we just had it happen with a guy that was a legit franchise QB. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Phillip Rivers had already been married and had a kid or two before he played a nfl game. Trevor Lawrence got married right after the draft before he even took a snap. This girl knows AR and they have been together a long time. We have to stop with the Luck stuff.

You worry all the time about things that are little, and you just blow this off after the way Luck retired. Good for you. I can see both sides of it at least. 

• Like 2

On 2/27/2024 at 9:57 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

First off, congratulations to them, I wish them nothing but great health and prosperity, good vibes all around.

I love Richardson’s potential, he is a freak athlete with a cannon arm, BUT, I have a bad feeling about his future in the NFL. There were many ramblings about his injuries during college, then he gets banged up and eventually taken out during his first season with the team….I don’t know man. When Luck started getting banged up, I posted here that my concern is that he will end his career early just like his father Oliver Luck did. Different situation of course he became a backup and all that, but he also mentioned he chose wisely to protect his future.

I really hope I’m wrong.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree, that is really all I have been saying. How any Colts fan can just say players get married all the time and have babies, and don't retire, what is the big deal?, blows me away because we just had it happen with a guy that was a legit franchise QB. 

He didn’t retire because he had a kid. He retired because he couldn’t handle injuries and the person he became when injured and that affected his personal life.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He didn’t retire because he had a kid. He retired because he couldn’t handle injuries and the person he became when injured and that affected his personal life.

I believe him being injured was a huge part of it, but I would not doubt at all his wife wanted him to retire as well due to him getting banged up. He had the money to do so and could be a stay-at-home family man with his wife and kids and be 100% healthy. To me that is very believable. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I believe him being injured was a huge part of it, but I would not doubt at all his wife wanted him to retire as well due to him getting banged up. He had the money to do so and could be a stay-at-home family man with his wife and kids and be 100% healthy. To me that is very believable. 

If your husband came home miserable every time he got injured yeah wife should talk to him about retiring.  This want because of wife or kid. Injuries were ruining his relationship so he had to make a choice.

7 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If your husband came home miserable every time he got injured yeah wife should talk to him about retiring.  This want because of wife or kid. Injuries were ruining his relationship so he had to make a choice.

Yep, and I hope this doesn't happen to AR. which has been my whole point behind every post I have made here. It may not but to think there is no way it can't happen is false. I think of everything, especially with the way our franchise has been over the last 10 years. Many in here tried to tell me that Shaq Leanord would never be the same after his surgery, I laughed at that and said everything would be fine, just give it time. Here we are, I was wrong, and Shaq isn't even on the team anymore. I always expect the unexpected anymore with this team. I have too so I don't get shocked if something goes down that is big.