Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Update: Colts signing Michael Pittman Jr to three year contract

chad72

6 minutes ago, stitches said:

For whatever it's worth in previous interviews MPJ seemed to be of the mind that franchise tag is not ideal, but he was viewing it as part of the process, either towards signing long-term contract or as a temporary solution for the current year. He didn't seem like he was willing to do anything extraordinary like JT did(i.e. my impression was that he would just play on the tag if it came down to it)... but then again... JT was saying similar things just months before he decided to sit out ... so who knows? 

He flat out said he didn’t think anyone would say no to making $22 million for a season.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

He flat out said he didn’t think anyone would say no to making $22 million for a season.  

Yeah, I don't remember the exact words, so I didn't want to misquote him, but he said something to that effect. 

3 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

What? Contrasted catches he is 100% elite. Just wait until he has Richardson back a lot of you will be proven wrong. We will finally get the Pittman that is all around WR. Having a QB that can hit him at all levels of the field will be huge. Every QB he has played with has had a limitation. Wentz was terrible in the middle. Minshew terrible downfield. Rivers really couldn’t throw much downfield by the end.

MPJ hasn't really been used as a deep threat WR since the middle of the 2021 season with Wentz. Basically, since Antoine Winfield took his lunch money on a deep pass that turned into an INT.

Felt like they stopped throwing him deep after that or some time around then. And this has now spanned 2.5 seasons with two coaching staffs.

After 2021, they used their first pick (R2) to draft Alec Pierce, whose only known skillset was as a deep threat/contested catch player. Now it's 2024 and Ballard/Steichen are still talking about ADDING explosive plays to the offense.

Even in their short amount of time, I don't recall AR taking any shots to MPJ...only Downs, AP or a TE. Though it was a very small sample size.

I just don't know if I see his role changing much. He's valuable in his current role. If anything, I actually have a different view on what AR might do to MPJ as a WR. And for all I know, MPJ and his agent might be thinking the same thing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

MPJ hasn't really been used as a deep threat WR since the middle of the 2021 season with Wentz. Basically, since Antoine Winfield took his lunch money on a deep pass that turned into an INT.

Felt like they stopped throwing him deep after that or some time around then. And this has now spanned 2.5 seasons with two coaching staffs.

After 2021, they used their first pick (R2) to draft Alec Pierce, whose only known skillset was as a deep threat/contested catch player. Now it's 2024 and Ballard/Steichen are still talking about ADDING explosive plays to the offense.

Even in their short amount of time, I don't recall AR taking any shots to MPJ...only Downs, AP or a TE. Though it was a very small sample size.

I just don't know if I see his role changing much. He's valuable in his current role. If anything, I actually have a different view on what AR might do to MPJ as a WR. And for all I know, MPJ and his agent might be thinking the same thing.

Wentz was the last QB he had with an arm. Every other QB was not a deep thrower. What I think is going to happen is we will see the deep stuff with Wentz combined with the intermediate stuff he had with Gardner, Ryan, and rivers.   I truly believe with Richardson we will finally see his complete game.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Superman said:

I'm just taking MPJ at his word. He said he wanted to see what's out there, but would not be displeased with being tagged. He also said the tag can be used to work toward a long term deal. So I don't think there's any indication that he doesn't want to be a Colt, or that there's a hang-up somewhere between him and the team. There could be, but it seems like he was willing to play out his contract and get to this point, then decide what the best option is. 

I think his agent can speak to what other teams would be willing to pay. He has clients with the Giants, Panthers, Chiefs, Cardinals, Steelers, Bears, Ravens, Browns, Rams, etc., a bunch of teams that either have cap space or would want a WR. I also think the Colts have a legitimate offer on the table, and based on their track record, it's probably not a lowball. 

Also, MPJ has already shown a willingness to play with one year on his contract, for $3m. He might be okay with playing on the tag for $22m, and then again for $26m, and then going to free agency at 28 years old. 

All speculation on my part. I guess we'll see what happens, but I'm not freaking out about it.

He has maintained since the season ended that he wanted to see what was out there. And the tag will allow him to do that. There are also other prominent WRs who could be upping the ante soon as well, so I am sure his agent has advised him of that as well.

But he did say that he wouldn't "sacrifice his career potential for comfortability." That could mean money or it could mean something else. I don't think there is anything to freak out about, but tagged players do get traded. It's happened several times in recent years, though it's typically been ERs. 

I thought about the length of the deal as well. He could be eyeing something shorter that allows him to hit FA again in a couple years. And two for $48M on the tag wouldn't be much different. 

1 hour ago, Superman said:

I wouldn't call Pittman elite in those areas either. He does well in contested situations, but he's not posterizing defenders in the end zone. I'm not arguing that he's a WR1.

However, these criteria seem cherry picked in a way to make the case for 2016 Edelman to be on a higher tier than I think he should be. Overall production, big play ability, commanding a double team, etc., all seem equally or more important.

And the factor that goes case by case is the player's impact on the offense overall. Edelman played with Brady and Gronk (although in 2016, Gronk was hurt). His production with a GOAT level QB is the same as Pittman's with a journeyman backup. One thing I think Edelman has that Pittman doesn't is proven ability in big situations, but Pittman hasn't been in any big situations so far. 

I don't know if they seem cherry picked, but that wasn't my intention if they look like that. Like I said, I don't think Edelman was a WR1 over the entirety of his career. I do think he stepped up in ways Pittman hasn't when the Patriots needed him to.

Also I said:

You could probably add more.

The ones I mentioned weren't ment as a complete list, just off the top of my head. And, I agree Overall procution, big play ability and commanding double teams and so should be on the list as well.

Edelman had Brady, sure, but Edelman made something from nothing. Pittman catches the ball, takes a step or two then goes down. Pittman makes a handful of missed tackles PER SEASON.

Again, I'm not saying Edelman is a top WR in history, but I do have him a tier above Pittman.

11 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I don't know if they seem cherry picked, but that wasn't my intention if they look like that. Like I said, I don't think Edelman was a WR1 over the entirety of his career. I do think he stepped up in ways Pittman hasn't when the Patriots needed him to.

Also I said:

The ones I mentioned weren't ment as a complete list, just off the top of my head. And, I agree Overall procution, big play ability and commanding double teams and so should be on the list as well.

Edelman had Brady, sure, but Edelman made something from nothing. Pittman catches the ball, takes a step or two then goes down. Pittman makes a handful of missed tackles PER SEASON.

Again, I'm not saying Edelman is a top WR in history, but I do have him a tier above Pittman.

Pittman had more production last season than Edelman had with the goat over his 1st 4 seasons, Combined.

This is certainly a non topic if Pitt had been playing for KC.

2 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Pittman had more production last season than Edelman had with the goat over his 1st 4 seasons, Combined.

This is certainly a non topic if Pitt had been playing for KC.

That's because the Patriots were starting Wes Welker at slot - who, incidentally, was also a beast slot WR.

If Pittman had been WR4 he wouldn't have had those numbers either. Edelman stepped up when he got his chance though.

3 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

why 3 instead of 4, which would tie him to the end of Richardson’s 5th year option? 

More of a happy medium, that may end up what it is at the end of the day. 2years guaranteed and another at $24m non guaranteed.

3yrs allows him to hit market again sooner

3yrs allows us to not make as long of a commitment

Most important part of all that is, that would give Pittman 2 years worth of franchise tags guaranteed now. Instead of him risking an injury this year and not getting that $26m tag next year.?

Deal can just as easy be for 4-5 years though. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

He has maintained since the season ended that he wanted to see what was out there. And the tag will allow him to do that. There are also other prominent WRs who could be upping the ante soon as well, so I am sure his agent has advised him of that as well.

But he did say that he wouldn't "sacrifice his career potential for comfortability." That could mean money or it could mean something else. I don't think there is anything to freak out about, but tagged players do get traded. It's happened several times in recent years, though it's typically been ERs. 

I thought about the length of the deal as well. He could be eyeing something shorter that allows him to hit FA again in a couple years. And two for $48M on the tag wouldn't be much different. 

I think his market is pretty well established. Maybe if Tee Higgins signs for more than $25m/year, but that seems unlikely. The other guys -- Jefferson, Chase, Lamb, etc. -- are on another tier, and I don't think they should have a significant impact on Pittman's target. Who knows how it goes, but that's how I see it.

I think more of Pittman and his potential with better QBing than you do, but I don't think he's irreplaceable. If he wanted to be traded, or if we got a strong offer for him, strictly from an on-field standpoint, I'd be willing to trade him. I think there's a locker room impact to consider, and based on everything Ballard and Steichen have said, I seriously doubt this would happen. But even a trade wouldn't bother me, as long as we got back good value. I wouldn't mind revamping our WR room rather than committing big money to Pittman.

Outside of Pittman holding out, I don't think there's anything to worry about. The tag works in the team's favor 99% of the time.

• Like 1

Here's an interesting thought exercise... imagine Pittman was not on the Colts and was FA on the market. How much would you be willing to pay him if we didn't have emotions invested in him? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Also I said:

What I mean by "cherry picked" is some of those criteria aren't really indicative of a top level WR, and it seems like they are brought up to make Edelman look better. Not meaning to be accusatory, they're your criteria and you aren't trying to make them universal, but I don't usually think of 'make guys miss' or even 'YAC' as areas that are specific to top level WRs. I think YAC is an area where secondary WRs and slot guys should excel.

More big picture, I think everyone kind of has their own criteria, and they apply it post hoc to validate their opinions either way. If you think 2016 Edelman was better or more valuable than 2023 Pittman, that's fine; I probably don't agree, but that's a different story. But I don't think 2016 Edelman qualifies as a WR1. And it's mostly irrelevant because that was eight years ago...

14 minutes ago, stitches said:

Here's an interesting thought exercise... imagine Pittman was not on the Colts and was FA on the market. How much would you be willing to pay him if we didn't have emotions invested in him? 

Personally, he's not the type of WR I'd be targeting as a FA. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Wentz was the last QB he had with an arm. Every other QB was not a deep thrower. What I think is going to happen is we will see the deep stuff with Wentz combined with the intermediate stuff he had with Gardner, Ryan, and rivers.   I truly believe with Richardson we will finally see his complete game.

That's certainly the idea. But I think it's highly unlikely he's getting 10 tgts/game with AR, let alone combining that with extra deep targets. Something will have to give. 

It's just math. Colts threw the ball 574x last year with JT missing 7 games, Minshew playing 85% of the snaps and giving MPJ an incredible 30% target share. That's how you get to 156 targets in 16 games.

If Steichen's PHI's offense is any indicator, we should expect PAs to decrease to 510-520 with AR. You add in in that they committed $14M AAV to JT, and there could be even more of a focus on the run game. I can't imagine they paid JT to not give him 300+ carries.

Assuming MPJ falls back into a target share range closer to the 25% he was in the previous two years, we are talking about 125-30 targets over 17 games at best. So hopefully his aDOT does jump back up to 2021 levels because the 2022-23 version of MPJ doesn't hit 1k yards with that usage.

I just think the AR impact to his role and prominence in the offense could actually be the opposite of what hope. Doesn't mean it won't be a net gain to the offense though, especially if Downs takes a step or they add another weapon. But the idea that AR will lift MPJ to an all-around WR, help AP take the leap to a legit WR2 AND turns Downs in a potential 1k WR...is just not feasible.

And until he signs his new deal, I wonder if MPJ has considered it as well.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Superman said:

I think his market is pretty well established. Maybe if Tee Higgins signs for more than $25m/year, but that seems unlikely. The other guys -- Jefferson, Chase, Lamb, etc. -- are on another tier, and I don't think they should have a significant impact on Pittman's target. Who knows how it goes, but that's how I see it.

I think more of Pittman and his potential with better QBing than you do, but I don't think he's irreplaceable. If he wanted to be traded, or if we got a strong offer for him, strictly from an on-field standpoint, I'd be willing to trade him. I think there's a locker room impact to consider, and based on everything Ballard and Steichen have said, I seriously doubt this would happen. But even a trade wouldn't bother me, as long as we got back good value. I wouldn't mind revamping our WR room rather than committing big money to Pittman.

Outside of Pittman holding out, I don't think there's anything to worry about. The tag works in the team's favor 99% of the time.

Agree. It's not like MPJ would just walk...he would net at least a R2 pick plus something else. And I think you could give lots of WRs 156 targets and get similar production. That's just a huge volume.

But I don't think the Colts want to trade him at all. Colts have intentionally locked up players early. They even did so with JT. It's just part of their philosophy. I would assume the Colts wanted to do the same with MPJ and avoid using the tag in the first place.

But if the Colts want him back (they seem to be clear on this), and his market is largely set (it's not really a money issue), why hasn't he signed? People say it's a lock he wants to be here because he has said so, but he also has said he wants to explore his options. 

He's an ultra-competitive WR who has played with uncertainty at QB for 4 years and a self-admitted "sore loser" on a team that  has not won anything in the past 3 years. And while he at least knows who his QB is, he's still an unproven QB. 

Whether it's winning or trajectory to a SB, QB certainty, personal accolades, production potential...I don't blame him for wanting to explore his options and I wouldn't blame him for finding greener grass.

I am not concerned about any outcome TBH...I just think it's interesting that people are so sure he's a lock to be back. And I wonder what the reaction would be if he wasn't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stitches said:

I think Pittman is worth more to the Colts than anyone else and I think that's what Pittman will find if he wants to go shopping for contract offers.

17 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

Agree. It's not like MPJ would just walk...he would net at least a R2 pick plus something else. And I think you could give lots of WRs 156 targets and get similar production. That's just a huge volume.

But I don't think the Colts want to trade him at all. Colts have intentionally locked up players early. They even did so with JT. It's just part of their philosophy. I would assume the Colts wanted to do the same with MPJ and avoid using the tag in the first place.

But if the Colts want him back (they seem to be clear on this), and his market is largely set (it's not really a money issue), why hasn't he signed? People say it's a lock he wants to be here because he has said so, but he also has said he wants to explore his options. 

He's an ultra-competitive WR who has played with uncertainty at QB for 4 years and a self-admitted "sore loser" on a team that  has not won anything in the past 3 years. And while he at least knows who his QB is, he's still an unproven QB. 

Whether it's winning or trajectory to a SB, QB certainty, personal accolades, production potential...I don't blame him for wanting to explore his options and I wouldn't blame him for finding greener grass.

I am not concerned about any outcome TBH...I just think it's interesting that people are so sure he's a lock to be back. And I wonder what the reaction would be if he wasn't.

I get what you're saying. The Colts probably did their best to get him re-signed before the tag deadline, and he still wanted to let it play out further, so maybe he would rather play somewhere else. And even though he's put down roots in Indy and seems to enjoy it, he could have competing priorities. His usage and the overall team situation could be a bigger sticking point than any of us realize.

I think it's close to a lock that he's back because I don't think another team is signing him to an offer sheet, and I don't think he'd demand a trade, so the Colts are in control. Maybe he just plays on the tag, or maybe he agrees to a long term deal. But he won't leave unless the Colts change their minds about wanting to keep him, and that seems unlikely.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I think Pittman is worth more to the Colts than anyone else and I think that's what Pittman will find if he wants to go shopping for contract offers.

This is probably true with the loaded draft class. But if the draft class wasn’t loaded that would probably be different. Plus any team without a long term solution at QB would not even be in the running. 

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

As discussed above that is only if he signs an offer sheet with another team. He isn’t going to but that doesn’t mean he can’t take that offer back to colts and request a trade.

Not happening. He has now been tagged and will be with the Colts this year, (unless the team chooses to trade him)

Seems pointless to me, to be worrying (or even speculating) about such a remote possibility, and even if the team did trade him, the compensation would surely be in our favor

• Like 1

Pitt has done the intelligent thing in holding off on signing the large contract. He’s locked into a $21m contract at worst, has some time to see how the WR market shakes out over the next couple of weeks, and will also be able to talk to a few teams about their interest. 
He’s going to get paid top dollar, and I think he deserves it ($23-25 per year with a significant guarantee). And he’ll be a Colt. 
If the Colts get Pitt a talented running mate at WR who can take some

of the attention off of him, I think he’ll be even better. Here’s to getting Brian Thomas Jr.!

17 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I think if that were true, the Colts wouldn’t have put the tag on him.   The tag will keep offers either to a minimum or teams will just lose interest.   Isn’t this pretty much standard around the league?  

Maybe I’m just misunderstanding your point.  

3 hours ago, BProland85 said:

I would prefer an explosive and potential elite playmaker on offense to help out Richardson round 1 over a corner who may not grade as highly. This offseason needs to be about making sure Richardson is successful in 2024 and that he’s surrounded by talent. You can find good corners in rounds 3 and 4. A few guys that come to mind are Khyree Jackson, Caelen Carson, Cam Hart, and Jarrion Jones. 

I mostly agree with that , I just think that if the top 3 WR's and Bowen  are gone , there is more value in a top CB  at 15 and then a WR in the second round. Thomas probably goes around 25-26 in this draft . Mitchell will go from 12-16 . I'll be very surprised if the Colts take a WR at 15 as the top 3 are almost certain to be gone . Maybe a trade back into the mid 20's and then select a WR like Thomas is a good possibility but I would be shocked if he's the pick at 15. Bowens could be there and I'm thinking it's him , Verse or one of the 3 QB's . I know we need weapons for AR but this WR draft is very much like the ones that had Campbell and Pittman in it. There are great group of WR's that SHOULD be available from around picks 25 to 50. Maybe move up a few spots in the second ?

2 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

That possibly was before the salary cap increase.

With the salary cap increase, premier top tier receivers like Justin Jefferson, Jamar Chase, Tyreek Hill could make 30-32 million a year.

Yes you read that right.

Perhaps Pittman considers himself to be in that class of receiver.  I don't but perhaps his agent does.  He may be getting fed bad information by his agent.

Why make 22M when you can make 32M ?

2 hours ago, stitches said:

How much would you be willing to pay him if we didn't have emotions invested in him? 

If the colts didnt have MP on the team we would have a really weak group of WRs.  The team would have to be talking about making some big moves to get talent on the team and MP would be the best free agent on the market

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1959Colts said:

Not happening. He has now been tagged and will be with the Colts this year, (unless the team chooses to trade him)

Seems pointless to me, to be worrying (or even speculating) about such a remote possibility, and even if the team did trade him, the compensation would surely be in our favor

We went through the entire JT trade/extension drama only months ago, so it’s natural to entertain different

outcomes for a player from the same class who will likely be asking for nearly 2x the money.

Besides, what else is there to discuss? FA hasn’t started and the draft is still several weeks away.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

We went through the entire JT trade/extension drama only months ago, so it’s natural to entertain different

outcomes for a player from the same class who will likely be asking for nearly 2x the money.

Besides, what else is there to discuss? FA hasn’t started and the draft is still several weeks away.

Sure if you are ignoring all the signals Pittman has been sending is very different from the signals Taylor was sending.  It’s pretty easy to tell Pittman wants to be here and knows he’s going to be here.  It’s also pretty clear the Colts want him.  This is also just as clearly a negotiation tactic on Pittman’s part of make sure he gets as much as he can from the Colts which is smart on his behalf.  

Let’s play the game though for a moment and let’s just say something happened and Pittman is willing to listen to offers from other teams.  Let’s just say someone loses their mind and says we’ll give you 30 million a year and Pittman is like yes please and goes back to the Colts and says hey team X is willing to give me 30 million a year and I am not taking less.  The Colts are going to say then go sign the offer sheet and we will take the two first round picks.  There is no incentive for them to say hey let’s work out a trade with team X and take less than they can get with the tag being put on Pittman since they don’t want Pittman to leave.  Even if that team calls the Colts are going to stick to their asking price just like they did with Taylor.  They aren’t just going to give Pittman away.  

So everyone worrying about losing Pittman for less than two first round picks is wasting time.  Odds are other teams aren’t going to contact Pittman because they aren’t going to give up two first rounders for him and they know the Colts aren’t interested in trading him so they are just wasting their time.  

As for other things to talk about?  What about what’s going to happen with Grover, Moore, and Blackmon?  There is always the draft to talk about as several are and there is always the shopping lists some are doing for free agency that starts in less than a week.  So there are other things to talk about but if people want to spend time worrying about something that’s not going to happen knock yourself out.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Silliness.

The fact that we were absolutely not threatening from the TE or WR2 position, and our QB's certainly the last 2 seasons were primarily limited to 15 yards deep explains why the need for Richardson and more production elsewhere is the compelling argument for help. 

Give me a fast route runner (Ricky Piersall) to take snaps from Pierce and  cross my fingers a healthy Woods / Brock Bowers, and Pittman will be in many more big play, big game situations. I believe he would be a stud. lol

If that happens, crows better find their hideout, and lot of us will need to feast. :runforhills:

Maybe, Pittman has another Avatar and will be seen fresh with the second contract :)

3 hours ago, PRnum1 said:

That possibly was before the salary cap increase.

With the salary cap increase, premier top tier receivers like Justin Jefferson, Jamar Chase, Tyreek Hill could make 30-32 million a year.

Yes you read that right.

Perhaps Pittman considers himself to be in that class of receiver.  I don't but perhaps his agent does.  He may be getting fed bad information by his agent.

Why make 22M when you can make 32M ?

Pittman isn't making 30 million.   I actually hope a team gives him that option and the Colts get 2 first rounders 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

If that happens, crows better find their hideout, and lot of us will need to feast. :runforhills:

Maybe, Pittman has another Avatar and will be seen fresh with the second contract :)

Why act like you know anything about MPJ other than what you read here?  You post about a lot of things that you really are clueless about.   Brock Osweiler for example.  

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

Sure if you are ignoring all the signals Pittman has been sending is very different from the signals Taylor was sending.  It’s pretty easy to tell Pittman wants to be here and knows he’s going to be here.  It’s also pretty clear the Colts want him.  This is also just as clearly a negotiation tactic on Pittman’s part of make sure he gets as much as he can from the Colts which is smart on his behalf.  

Let’s play the game though for a moment and let’s just say something happened and Pittman is willing to listen to offers from other teams.  Let’s just say someone loses their mind and says we’ll give you 30 million a year and Pittman is like yes please and goes back to the Colts and says hey team X is willing to give me 30 million a year and I am not taking less.  The Colts are going to say then go sign the offer sheet and we will take the two first round picks.  There is no incentive for them to say hey let’s work out a trade with team X and take less than they can get with the tag being put on Pittman since they don’t want Pittman to leave.  Even if that team calls the Colts are going to stick to their asking price just like they did with Taylor.  They aren’t just going to give Pittman away.  

So everyone worrying about losing Pittman for less than two first round picks is wasting time.  Odds are other teams aren’t going to contact Pittman because they aren’t going to give up two first rounders for him and they know the Colts aren’t interested in trading him so they are just wasting their time.  

As for other things to talk about?  What about what’s going to happen with Grover, Moore, and Blackmon?  There is always the draft to talk about as several are and there is always the shopping lists some are doing for free agency that starts in less than a week.  So there are other things to talk about but if people want to spend time worrying about something that’s not going to happen knock yourself out.

Signals? You mean like not signing an extension to this point and talking about exploring options?

We can just ignore these signals as meaningless but see other signals as him being clear about wanting to stay here? That seems selective. 

The difference from JT is that JT plays a less valuable position with a far shorter shelf life, which is why he pushed the issue. 

MPJ has far more options and he seems to exploring them.

The stipulation about two R1 picks is largely irrelevant. It hasn’t happened since 2000. It’s not going to happen. Players have been tagged and traded for less many times. 

MPJ coming back is the most likely outcome, but until he signs, it’s still worth speculation.

If it doesn’t interest you, why are you responding?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

Signals? You mean like not signing an extension to this point and talking about exploring options?

We can just ignore these signals as meaningless but see other signals as him being clear about wanting to stay here? That seems selective. 

The difference from JT is that JT plays a less valuable position with a far shorter shelf life, which is why he pushed the issue. 

MPJ has far more options and he seems to exploring them.

The stipulation about two R1 picks is largely irrelevant. It hasn’t happened since 2000. It’s not going to happen. Players have been tagged and traded for less many times. 

MPJ coming back is the most likely outcome, but until he signs, it’s still worth speculation.

If it doesn’t interest you, why are you responding?

It's not worth speculation.  Pittman will be a Colt next season

• Like 1

22 hours ago, stitches said:

$19million-$22million.

19 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Pittman isn't making 30 million.   I actually hope a team gives him that option and the Colts get 2 first rounders 

Not that I want Pittman to go. But if Colts get 2 first rounders? SOLD!!!

• Thanks 1