Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

[Schefter] Titans fired HC Mike Vrabel

stitches

8 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Jags have fired a bunch of assistants and titans fire their HC. This division is the colts and Texans for awhile.

Yeah wholeheartedly agree. Two teams with an identify crisis. We do some retooling and get AR healthy (stay!) things will be looking up. 

• Like 1

I gasped that Vrabel was fired.   I thought it was possible he might step down to look elsewhere, but I didn’t think Tenn would be dumb enough to actually fire him. 

Im guessing the Titans are going into a massive rebuild.   Not great for Levis.  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I gasped that Vrabel was fired.   I thought it was possible he might step down to look elsewhere, but I didn’t think Tenn would be dumb enough to actually fire him. 

Im guessing the Titans are going into a massive rebuild.   Not great for Levis.  

Yeah not a great situation. The only good thing is at least the current GM is the one that drafted him. So there won’t be a new GM who doesn’t want him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Jags have fired a bunch of assistants and titans fire their HC. This division is the colts and Texans for awhile.

Yeah no it’s not. Anything can and will happen. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Personally I would have understood either keeping or getting rid of him.  Hes not bad but the Titans need offense and hes probably not the guy to get it out of them

He might be a good to very good coach on the right team, not sure thats Nashville 

• Like 1

Chargers or Commanders, I’m calling it now, Vrabel’s next destination.

Patriots probably reunite Josh McDonalds with Belichick. :) 

Panthers’ job in the meanwhile, nobody wants it :) 

• Like 2

I think this is a terrible mistake by the Titans.  Their problems are so clearly on the roster.

Vrabel is a fierce competitor and, IMO, his teams usually punched above their weight.

Vrabel will likely be offered another HC job by every team with an opening.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Tepper is the worst owner in professional sports.  He’s now fired 3 successive coaches mid-season.  And it was apparently his decision to draft Young over Stroud - but he held his coach and GM responsible for the team’s lackluster performance.

He will probably have to make a reach to somebody that wouldn’t get an offer anywhere else.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

I think this is a terrible mistake by the Titans.  Their problems are so clearly on the roster.

Vrabel is a fierce competitor and, IMO, his teams usually punched above their weight.

Vrabel will likely be offered another HC job by every team with an opening.

Glad Vrabel is out of the division.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Well, I'd like a Panthers HC job, even if that means getting fired after 1 week into the season with at least a year of earning that Greenery lmao and, I can handle a bad owner, and talk my way few more weeks through the regular season as knowledgeable with the ownership and with the general media until it all comes crashing down again :lol:

2 hours ago, stitches said:

Titans - just like some who don't even know only few good things they have got until they lost it.

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Texans, yes.

But, Colts? Colts have so much to prove and improve that they're not yet at that level yet.

And, Jaguars could still be contending for division title for next many years. Remember, Jaguars was really good when Lawrence went down with injury in week 12 and he wasn't the same until the end. With healthy Lawrence back again, they'll be out to prove next year. Colts couldn't come closer to competing with Jaguars this year, with or without Richardson! 

This firing was a complete surprise to me.

Colin Cowherd indicated that there was a "power struggle" within the organization and Vrabel lost.

Cowherd also indicated that Mike Vrabel would be at the top of the New England Patriots list to hire.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sb41champs said:

This firing was a complete surprise to me.

Colin Cowherd indicated that there was a "power struggle" within the organization and Vrabel lost.

Cowherd also indicated that Mike Vrabel would be at the top of the New England Patriots list to hire.

Exactly, regarding power struggle, which has been going on for a while.

And, an NFL team is gonna get lucky with him, as long as their GM and owner can give him what he wants in terms of sharing privilege over the franchise. 

But, one thing Mike Vrabel has to prove though is that he could build a complete roster, and win on both sides of the Football.

So far, he's proved to be a great in one side of the ball and a great regular season coach, but there's more to it to be successful when it comes to playoffs. 

18 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

But, one thing Mike Vrabel has to prove though is that he could build a complete roster, and win on both sides of the Football.

So far, he's proved to be a great in one side of the ball and a great regular season coach, but there's more to it to be successful when it comes to playoffs. 

He does have a few playoff wins and an AFCCG appearance in his first 4 years. It is only the last 2 years, co-inciding with A J Brown being traded, that the wheels have come off for the Titans' record. I would say he is better than half the head coaches in the league as a HC candidate.

Still, they keep games close, beat the Dolphins at Miami and took the Jaguars in a must win game to the woodshed. They rarely get blown out. 

23 minutes ago, chad72 said:

He does have a few playoff wins and an AFCCG appearance in his first 4 years. It is only the last 2 years, co-inciding with A J Brown being traded, that the wheels have come off for the Titans' record. I would say he is better than half the head coaches in the league as a HC candidate.

Still, they keep games close, beat the Dolphins at Miami and took the Jaguars in a must win game to the woodshed. They rarely get blown out. 

Yeah at some level, he seemed to get his teams to play better than they should. The Titans GMs during his time really haven't done a good job bringing in Talent and that AJ Brown trade and getting Burks is just a great example.

7 hours ago, chad72 said:

Agreed, I'd say he's one of the best head coaches in the league, but all those wins have come off relying on his defense with Tannehill playing some smart game manager type.

I'm not sure that works anymore. Teams need to be well balanced these days, and in some playoff games they'll have to go foot for foot in a shootout.

Aside from trading AJ Brown, he's been okay to still have Tannehill and couldn't get a top QB drafted for the team who could Excel in passing game. And, his reliance on running game with Henry has helped only to an extent.

To me, he seems like the traditional run-the-ball, don't-make-turnovers, win with incredible defense, type of coach and that system needs to evolve in today's game. 

Maybe, he'll have another dimension to transcend, with a helpful GM and finding a franchise QB in another franchise. 

10 hours ago, SR711 said:

Bad move on Titans part…this guy can coach and motivate men.

If he goes somewhere with a better QB situation, look out

I agree. I am a big fan of Vrabel. He is an excellent head coach, a leader.

https://nypost.com/2024/01/11/sports/mike-vrabels-patriots-ceremony-played-part-in-titans-firing/

Lots of information coming out: :) 

Vrabel “raised some eyebrows” in the Titans’ organization when he spent their bye week at the Patriots-Bills game on Oct. 22 to be inducted into New England’s Hall of Fame, and praised his former team in his speech at Gillette Stadium

“I don’t want you to take this organization for granted,” Vrabel, 48, said during his halftime ceremony speech. “I’ve been a lot of places, this is a special place with great leadership, great fans, great direction, and great coaching. Enjoy it. It’s not like this everywhere.”

Vrabel was later asked if his comments were directed at the Titans organization.

Vrabel’s Patriots reunion reportedly didn’t sit well with Titans owner, Amy Adams Strunk, but the two never spoke of it and “she let it fester.”

https://titanswire.usatoday.com/2024/01/11/mike-vrabel-titans-control-relationship-owner/

Mike Vrabel wanted full control of Titans, had soured relationship with owner - this could be why the Patriots didn't want him, they didn't want Mike Vrabel, the GM??

Word is Mike Vrabel might be considered for Ohio State??

https://www.si.com/college/2024/01/12/mike-vrabel-passed-patriots-jerod-mayo-pressure-ohio-state-ryan-day-hot-seat