Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts suspend Tony Brown and McKenzie

Restinpeacesweetchloe

6 hours ago, twfish said:

Hmmmm thats exactly what someone who did kill a bald eagle would say......

If he killed a bald eagle it would be public knowledge by now.   What they were punished for was in house thing.   We probably will never know

Ex-Marine served in Iraq and Iran. Glad everyone thinks killing bald eagles is a crime. It's a disgraceful act and wrong doing. I don't know where McKenzie's issue has anything to do with the Thomas father and family. Just mind boggling, another media shoot to blame someone else on what's wrong..

18 minutes ago, EasyE said:

Ex-Marine served in Iraq and Iran glad everyone thinks killing bald eagles is a crime. It's and disgraceful act and wrong doing, I don't know where McKenzie issue as anything to do with the Thomas father and family. Just mind boggling, another media shoot to blame someone else on what's wrong..

I would think anyone with a brain would be upset about killing endangered species.   Brown and McKenzie didn't. 

57 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I would think anyone with a brain would be upset about killing endangered species.   Brown and McKenzie didn't. 

How Thomas father doing good and okay I hope after killing his birds??

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

If he killed a bald eagle it would be public knowledge by now.   What they were punished for was in house thing.   We probably will never know

It was a joke haha  I never thought the whole bald eagle thing was legit from the get go

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EasyE said:

My apologizes I'm good. Just not going to let my fighting for in the military get muffled. If I get suspended I will take it like a man straight in the chin. 

You're not getting suspended. It was a misunderstanding. I think you and Jvan saw it the same way.

Go cheer on your team!

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Yes but not everyone on social media that claims to be media is really media.  That’s why people should be leery.

For sure. I was being a bit facetious but serious too. It seems that social media has become the source of news for some.

I still read newspapers. I have a digital subscription so that I could choose what I want to read.

15 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

You're not getting suspended. It was a misunderstanding. I think you and Jvan saw it the same way.

Go cheer on your team!

I was thinking it was a misunderstanding but wasn't sure. My apologies.

1 hour ago, holeymoley99 said:

They should come out and say what occurred if not dont feel sorry for them because if innocent anyone would post what went down........

I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t make some kind of an arrangement with the team to not talk about it. 

2 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

They should come out and say what occurred if not dont feel sorry for them because if innocent anyone would post what went down........

I am sure the Colts have told them not to do that and if they want any chance of coming back from this suspension they would be wise to listen to what the team told them to do.

7 hours ago, twfish said:

It was a joke haha  I never thought the whole bald eagle thing was legit from the get go

It was an obvious joke on Twitter. The fact that people are discussing it as if it were anything else is as unbelievable as the original tweet.  The sheet people will believe on social media shows how dumb this country has become. 

1 hour ago, inDYnasty said:

Interesting that Brown was cut and McKenzie wasn't, considering they are both free agents after this year.

Any thoughts why that would be advantageous mechanically? Or maybe just to send a message?

McKenzie is actually useful in KR/PR. Brown isn’t a good DB and is very replaceable in special times pretty simple.

5 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

McKenzie is actually useful in KR/PR. Brown isn’t a good DB and is very replaceable in special times pretty simple.

McKenzie made me nervous every time he went to field a punt, not going to lie. He is JAG. Ballard should be able to replace him too.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

We need a better 4th WR.

We will get Dulin back from injury assumedly and hopefully we can bring in a rookie to fight with him, Pierce and Downs for snaps. 

I would be happy if our top 5 were Pittman, Rookie, Downs, Pierce, Dulin. 

5 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Parris Campbell is a free agent though I doubt  we bring him back.

He would be a good 4th guy as depth. Still has his house in Indy where he will live in the offseason.

1 minute ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

We will get Dulin back from injury assumedly and hopefully we can bring in a rookie to fight with him, Pierce and Downs for snaps. 

I would be happy if our top 5 were Pittman, Rookie, Downs, Pierce, Dulin. 

We can do better than Dulin. He should be 5th or 6th WR.

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

We can do better than Dulin. He should be 5th or 6th WR.

The hope would be that Dulin/Pierce would be splitting reps for that 4th spot depending on packages. But ultimately he would be 5th in the pecking order as far as snap count. This would of course all depend on how quickly the rookie stepped up. 

The team can do much better than Mckenzie fielding kicks. If Flowers recovers fully from the torn achilles he will most likely returns kicks unless someone else comes into play.  Downs beat Mckenzie him out in the slot. McKenzie may be done as a Colt even without the suspension as a consideration.