Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts suspend Tony Brown and McKenzie

Restinpeacesweetchloe

13 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Montgomery will probably get signed to the 53. Colts working out Coutee now makes sense. 

It’s clear there was a Reich problem and Ballard and Steichen are not putting up with stuff anymore.

Didn't Coutee get cut from Colts last year after several fumbles and/or muffs? 

Not sure he's the guy I want to see returning

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I don’t think that’s why he was cut. He just wasn’t even very good when he played on offense.

You might be right? ...but I beg to differ

...doesn't seem to matter at this point. as you posted earlier, with the signings of Winfree and Mickens, Coutee seems to not be coming over anyhow.

Mickens, 5-10, 174 pounds, has played in 38 career games in his time with the New York Giants (2022-23), Jacksonville Jaguars (2017-18, 2021), Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2019-21), Carolina Panthers (2019) and Oakland Raiders (2016-17). He has compiled 15 receptions for 145 yards (9.7 avg.) and two touchdowns. Mickens has also registered 35 kickoff returns for 811 yards (23.2 avg.) and 69 punt returns for 581 yards (8.4 avg.) and one touchdown. He has appeared in six postseason contests and has totaled 10 kickoff returns for 222 yards (22.2 avg.) and six punt returns for 39 yards (6.5 avg.). Mickens was originally signed by the Raiders as an undrafted free agent on May 12, 2016.

29 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

You don’t want to know the rumor I just saw. It was hillarious. It can’t be true. We will find out soon I am sure.

10 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I kinda do.

I've seen a few in Twitter comments, but its just been random people saying random stuff. Nothing of substance at all.

The one I've seen floated a few times is a fight between the two, but again that's purely a random Twitter comment speculating, so I put no stock into it at all. I imagine the details will leak at some point, so I'll be waiting for someone with credibility to say something.

• Like 2

Just now, Shive said:

I've seen a few in Twitter comments, but its just been random people saying random stuff. Nothing of substance at all.

The one I've seen floated a few times is a fight between the two, but again that's purely a random Twitter comment speculating, so I put no stock into it at all. I imagine the details will leak at some point, so I'll be waiting for someone with credibility to say something.

That's kinda what I was thinking with it being a wr and a cb. Or a sneaky way of opening up some roster spots

2 minutes ago, Shive said:

The one I saw was hillarious.

3 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Like… Cincinnati hookers hilarious? 

Yeah it was pretty funny. Not that one though. I won’t repeat it until I find out it’s true because it’s way out there.

I did see someone say there is video of Brown  screaming the n word at opposing teams fans. Had to be bengals game.

47 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Montgomery will probably get signed to the 53. Colts working out Coutee now makes sense. 

It’s clear there was a Reich problem and Ballard and Steichen are not putting up with stuff anymore.

Nothing is clear, Chloe, nothing.   

You're commenting from the outside looking in.   We only know a small fraction of what’s going on inside the team.  

If there was a Reich problem, then Ballard is just as much to blame.   He's the GM.  He’s responsible for everything. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

You're commenting from the outside looking in.   We only know a small fraction of what’s going on inside the team.  

If there was a Reich problem, then Ballard is just as much to blame.   He's the GM. 

There is plenty of stuff that has come out since Reich was fired about players missing meetings ect. It’s not far fetched.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

There is plenty of stuff that has come out since Reich was fired about players missing meetings ect. It’s not far fetched.

It may not be far fetched, but nothing is clear and obvious.   Nothing should be stated as fact in these kind of situations.  
We’re all speculating to one degree or another. 

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

It may not be far fetched, but nothing is clear and obvious.   Nothing should be stated as fact in these kind of situations.  
We’re all speculating to one degree or another. 

Shane don’t put up Ruth the same stuff Reich does. It’s been evident this year with all the accountability moves he has made.

11 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

If there was a Reich problem, then Ballard is just as much to blame.   He's the GM.  He’s responsible for everything. 

I disagree a little bit here. A GM is not responsible for disciplinary actions related to being late to meetings, missed assignments in game ETC. That's 100% on the coach and if a GM interjects themselves into that then it's over reaching by the GM. I see what your saying, but that's painting a pretty broad brush. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Shane don’t put up Ruth the same stuff Reich does. It’s been evident this year with all the accountability moves he has made.

You can say Shane appears more strict with the team, but I’d caution against dumping all the blame on Frank.   If Frank wasn’t handling things right, then Ballard should’ve stepped in and intervened.  

These are complicated issues, they don’t deserve simple answers.   

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

I’m going to say we really can’t find a better DB than Tony Brown. He’s not good that Saints game showed it. Also Isaiah I really don’t care either he’s basically been irrelevant all year.

Yeah this has no effect on the team. I thought downs  returned punts so much better too. Just don’t like him doing it with receiving code being thin.

• Like 1

Just now, twfish said:

I disagree a little bit here. A GM is not responsible for disciplinary actions related to being late to meetings, missed assignments in game ETC. That's 100% on the coach and if a GM interjects themselves into that then it's over reaching by the GM. I see what you’re saying, but that's painting a pretty broad brush. 

Of course the HC is responsible for in-game situations.   But if Reich wasn’t doing the right thing on any given issue, inside or out of the game, then it was up to him to talk with Frank.  To tell him he needed to handle things differently, especially Monday thru Saturday.   That’s what Ballard had to do.  If Frank had problems, Ballard was there to help him.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

I’m going to say we really can’t find a better DB than Tony Brown. He’s not good that Saints game showed it. Also Isaiah I really don’t care either he’s basically been irrelevant all year.

.Brown is a good ST player. Outside that, perhaps the backup players, that may now get a chance, can even outperform both TB and IM

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

You can say Shane appears more strict with the team, but I’d caution against dumping all the blame on Frank.   If Frank wasn’t handling things right, then Ballard should’ve stepped in and intervened.  

These are complicated issues, they don’t deserve simple answers.   

There were rumors floating around that Frank didn't hold players accountable and that was especially true about the best players and leaders of the team. And this was shared/hinted/alluded to by some serious people in Colts media(Bowen, JMV, etc)... 

Of course no way to know for sure, but it tracks with how player friendly Frank seemed to be. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Of course the HC is responsible for in-game situations.   But if Reich wasn’t doing the right thing on any given issue, inside or out of the game, then it was up to him to talk with Frank.  To tell him he needed to handle things differently, especially Monday thru Saturday.   That’s what Ballard had to do.  If Frank had problems, Ballard was there to help him.  

So same logic, its all Irsay's fault. I get Reich shouldn't be the catch all for every issue, but there is no way some of these issues would have made it back to Ballard. Ballard's job is not to micro manage a coach. If Reich never saw an issue with things then he wouldn't have went to Ballard. It clearly shows after this season that Reich was a massive problem

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1