Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Pittman hit / Kazee suspended

hambone35

Just to give more context to the reason for the suspension:

This was complied/posted by a guy that somehow doesn't think Kazee should have been ejected or suspended, but I think its literally the reason he was.

1st hit: WR all but gives himself up and the defender has him wrapped when Kazee comes in with a blatant helmet to helmet hit.

2nd hit: Doesn't look as bad from this angle, but again, he leads with the crown of his helmet and the impact of which cannot be seen from this angle.

3rd hit: Doesn't look egregious, but again, leads with the crown of his helmet. (the only one I can justify not being fined for)

4th hit: WR is wrapped up and in the process of falling to the ground when Kazee comes in with the blatant helmet to helmet hit.

Kazee was suspended due to an obvious pattern of leading with the crown of his helmet and headhunting.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Shive said:

Just to give more context to the reason for the suspension:

This was complied/posted by a guy that somehow doesn't think Kazee should have been ejected or suspended, but I think its literally the reason he was.

1st hit: WR all but gives himself up and the defender has him wrapped when Kazee comes in with a blatant helmet to helmet hit.

2nd hit: Doesn't look as bad from this angle, but again, he leads with the crown of his helmet and the impact of which cannot be seen from this angle.

3rd hit: Doesn't look egregious, but again, leads with the crown of his helmet. (the only one I can justify not being fined for)

4th hit: WR is wrapped up and in the process of falling to the ground when Kazee comes in with the blatant helmet to helmet hit.

Kazee was suspended due to an obvious pattern of leading with the crown of his helmet and headhunting.

He's been doing it all season. And Tomlin and company continued to just look the other way and not correct it. 

I've said it many times, but I don't watch this game to witness injuries. I know they're a part of the game, but blatantly going after people should warrant a lifetime ban in my opinion.

If people want that kind of violence there's plenty of MMA options to go see. 

• Like 3

On 12/17/2023 at 3:03 AM, Hawkeyecolt said:

What should have the defender done? Just let him catch the ball?  He turned and tried to lead with his shoulder. Unfortunately, that also leads to him not seeing his target. Considering Pittman was diving it was inevitable the hit was going to be high. Without playing touch football or banning the WR from diving that hit is going to happen unless the defender pulls up and lets him catch the ball. Frankly, that hit was Minshew’s fault. The game is not played in slow motion.  I hate seeing Pitt take that hit but I honestly ask what is the safety is supposed to do there? 

Its better to let the game favor offense than to give defenders a pass for giving guys CTE and concussions

So yes let him catch the ball, and no to giving him brain damage.  Rules in other sports tend to favor offense as well, its ok

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

He's been doing it all season. And Tomlin and company continued to just look the other way and not correct it. 

I've said it many times, but I don't watch this game to witness injuries. I know they're a part of the game, but blatantly going after people should warrant a lifetime ban in my opinion.

If people want that kind of violence there's plenty of MMA options to go see. 

I remember looking at Tomlinson as they were ejecting Laser and he did not look surprised by the ejection at all.  I never saw any indication of protest.

I was surprised at how calm he was.  Now I read Laser is a repeat offender.  Now I more fully understand.  I also can now agree to your (bolded) statement.  Tomlin and his staff share the blame as well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

I remember looking at Tomlinson as they were ejecting Laser and he did not look surprised by the ejection at all.  I never saw any indication of protest.

I was surprised at how calm he was.  Now I read Laser is a repeat offender.  Now I more fully understand.  I also can now agree to your (bolded) statement.  Tomlin and his staff share the blame as well.

Tomlin and his crew have been like that for years. They promote vicious unnecessary hits.  Always doing shady crap during each game. The most egregious being standing on the field during a live play and trying to trip the ball carrier. 

On 12/19/2023 at 12:14 PM, jvan1973 said:

That was a massive wreck 

I was honored to meet Dan after he we won the 500. It was so improbable that Hillebrand hit the wall on the last turn. Dan was so honored to win his second 500 crown. Never met a nicer guy and I was horrified when he crashed in Las Vegas. I can still see his face when I met him after the race he looked like a boy that got what he wanted for Christmas. I’ll never forget that face and I’ll see one day again when we get to heaven.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

So where are we with Pittman? I really hope he plays this game.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I wonder about how things went with him last week. All week, it seemed like thumbs were pointed up. He's on social media Saturday night, telling everyone he's good. Steichen says he's looking good all week, he practices all week, then clears protocol with little intrigue. 

Then, I believe it's after he clears protocol that he speaks with media, and admits that he lost consciousness and didn't know what happened, couldn't remember the hit, etc. His comments increased my own level of concern about how serious his condition had been.

The next day, his symptoms have returned and he's back in protocol. I don't remember this ever happening (that doesn't mean it's never happened). I wonder if his comments caught someone's attention, and they decided that maybe he cleared too quickly given the severity of the situation. I just found it curious. 

Then again, he was wearing sunglasses on the sideline during the game. So maybe some sensitivity to light? Or maybe while flying he had a migraine, and they decided to play it safe? I don't know, it was just weird. All told, it's better to err on the side of caution so I don't mind what happened.

Hopefully it's all behind him and he's okay.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Superman said:

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I wonder about how things went with him last week. All week, it seemed like thumbs were pointed up. He's on social media Saturday night, telling everyone he's good. Steichen says he's looking good all week, he practices all week, then clears protocol with little intrigue. 

Then, I believe it's after he clears protocol that he speaks with media, and admits that he lost consciousness and didn't know what happened, couldn't remember the hit, etc. His comments increased my own level of concern about how serious his condition had been.

The next day, his symptoms have returned and he's back in protocol. I don't remember this ever happening (that doesn't mean it's never happened). I wonder if his comments caught someone's attention, and they decided that maybe he cleared too quickly given the severity of the situation. I just found it curious. 

Then again, he was wearing sunglasses on the sideline during the game. So maybe some sensitivity to light? Or maybe while flying he had a migraine, and they decided to play it safe? I don't know, it was just weird. All told, it's better to err on the side of caution so I don't mind what happened.

To your post, I have never heard of anyone being cleared, and then saying they are 100% on social media, then not playing. I get what you are saying. Seems fishy to me. You either have a concussion or you don't. He was cleared is the strange thing. 

6 hours ago, Superman said:

If it were a playoff game, something tells me he’d have played. But yeah, it all sounded a bit weird and atypical to me.

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

To your post, I have never heard of anyone being cleared, and then saying they are 100% on social media, then not playing. I get what you are saying. Seems fishy to me. You either have a concussion or you don't. He was cleared is the strange thing. 

It’s entirely possible and I do remember a couple years ago after the protocol came out, there was a player in a similar situation. 

the other thing to keep in mind too is that Tua last year cleared protocol and then went out there got smoked and started seizing on the field. I’d rather him not play and get well than see that again

Concussions are weird. Remember he was questionable. I don’t think it was the shoulder that made him questionable. I believe they were worried about the plane ride. Bowen mentioned he woke up with symptoms before traveling so that would seem it wasn’t the plane ride if true. If that isn’t true then maybe it was the plane ride.  Concussions are not like any other injury.  He was wearing sunglasses on the sideline so he clearly was still having symptoms.