Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Preview Colts at Titans plus injury reports

Restinpeacesweetchloe

21 hours ago, w87r said:

Tannehill was next QB up for reps in that video.

I would rather see Levis than Tannehill.

We can beat both, but with Levis hobbling around and the history against Tannehill, just give me Levis please.

Probably regret saying that. :dunno:

No, I agree. We never get a good read on Tannehill's boot legs for some reason but Tannehill, if healthy, can be difficult to deal with if he goes on a streak of accuracy. This year he has been sub-par though in accuracy, at barely 62%, normally he is closer to 65 (2022) and 67 (2021). 

Meanwhile, our former Colt, Denico Autry is still balling out there. Plus, the Titans' run blocking OL grade is getting better.

• Like 2

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/will-levis-treylon-burks-up-to-full-participation

Will Levis, Treylon Burks up to full participation

Titans quarterback Will Levis took a step in the right direction on Thursday’s injury report.

Levis was listed as a limited participant in practice on Wednesday because of an ankle issue, but any concerns about his availability against the Colts should be alleviated. Levis was back to full participation on Thursday...

...Wide receiver Treylon Burks looks like he’s on track to return to action. He’s been out since November 2 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

Yes, but not every team needed a quarterback.

Yep and that's why QB's often fall really far in drafts . You need 4 Wr's , 5 O Line , 5 DL , 3 LB , 9 DB's and 2 TE's but basically you need 1 QB. Those are obviously approximations I  made. 

• Like 3

https://www.tennesseetitans.com/news/six-things-to-watch-for-the-titans-in-sunday-s-game-vs-the-colts-x5191

Special Teams may play a part in this game. The Titans punter is killing it this year.

...Titans punter Ryan Stonehouse was named AFC Special Teams Player of the Week after his performance against the Panthers, when he played a big role by pinning one punt after another deep in Panthers territory. Stonehouse is averaging a whopping 52.9 yards a punt, with a 44.8-yard net. Titans HC Mike Vrabel applauded the play of his special teams this past week, and in a division game against the Colts, the Titans need to be good here across the board, in the kicking game and on coverage teams...

On 11/29/2023 at 2:28 PM, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

😀

I am so sad we aren’t getting the Richardson Levis matchup.

Hopefully Levis doesn't have a career game with a chip on his shoulder thinking "I'll show the Colts they should have drafted me"

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

Hopefully Levis doesn't have a career game with a chip on his shoulder thinking "I'll show the Colts they should have drafted me"

I am sure some posters here might be wanting Levis to do very well so that they can come back and say "I told you so, should have drafted Levis", any bet that won't happen? :) 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Buckner has been limited all week. I hope this does not mean limited snaps in the game.

Ryan Kelly practicing is the best news I have heard this week. :)  Jeffrey Simmons is always going to be a handful and I wanted Kelly to be there to handle those combo blocks.

30 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I am sure some posters here might be wanting Levis to do very well so that they can come back and say "I told you so, should have drafted Levis", any bet that won't happen? :) 

I know it would happen, but I doubt he does well against us. Our D.Line should be able to pressure him a lot, they have been playing good lately. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Colts should've put Brents on the IR when they had a chance. Really don't even think it was debatable that he should of been. Definitely not, looking back, obviously . Nothing about that injury seemed like he might be back in 4 weeks(and why would you want to rush him back, let him heal). In fact, think initial fears was season might be over? IDK, I just think it was an obvious decision. It hasn't hurt us, so whatever, just didn't make much sense.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, w87r said:

Colts should've put Brents on the IR when they had a chance. Really don't even think it was debatable that he should of been. Definitely not, looking back, obviously . Nothing about that injury seemed like he might be back in 4 weeks(and why would you want to rush him back, let him heal). In fact, think initial fears was season might be over? IDK, I just think it was an obvious decision. It hasn't hurt us, so whatever, just didn't make much sense.

It doesn’t matter. They didn’t need the roster spot.  I don’t understand why fans get so wrapped up in someone going on IR or not. They haven’t even had to use the PS. The PS gives teams room if a guy is borderline going to miss around that 4 game mark.

On 11/30/2023 at 4:11 PM, chad72 said:

No, I agree. We never get a good read on Tannehill's boot legs for some reason but Tannehill, if healthy, can be difficult to deal with if he goes on a streak of accuracy. This year he has been sub-par though in accuracy, at barely 62%, normally he is closer to 65 (2022) and 67 (2021). 

Meanwhile, our former Colt, Denico Autry is still balling out there. Plus, the Titans' run blocking OL grade is getting better.

big mistake by ballard letting autry go

• Like 5

3 hours ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

big mistake by ballard letting autry go

The year Ballard let Autry and Houston go was the year that the salary cap went down.   The reason?    Covid. 

It wasn’t unreasonable to let them go as they were both over 30. 

As it turns out, Autry has continued to play at a high level.    In hindsight, yes, it was a mistake.   But it wasn’t a bad decision on its face.   It’s a call most every GM would make.  

• Like 2

23 hours ago, PRnum1 said:

Levis is a better matchup than Tannehill.  If they were to start Tannehill we'd get the focused and angry version which would be far tougher than Levis who will make rookie mistakes.  And they don't have any weapons that are too concerning.

Also the Titans defense is not very good situationally.  When teams need points vs that defense they seem to get them. 

This looks to me like a game the Colts should win.

• Like 1

Levis is a rookie and green BUT he is mobile and has a lot of arm talent. I haven't seen him in theIr last games but what I saw in earlier games is he's well capable of taking advantage of a soft secondary that may concentrate more on stopping Henry than their passing game. 

The key is stopping Henry without leaving their receivers wide open, especially the very talented Hopkins. 

JMV often says the colts organization usually takes one step forward and then two steps back.

So I guess he probably thinks this is the time they take some steps back:thinking: Lol.

With the Steelers coming up I think it would be satisfactory to be 8-6 after these next 3 games. But I wouldn't be surprised if they were 7-7 or 6-8 and being out of the top 7 seeds..

The games against Tennessee and a Burrow-less Bengals are very important to win(for playoffs because I doubt they beat Pittsburgh) but are far from gimmes. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Boondoggle said:

Levis is a better matchup than Tannehill.  If they were to start Tannehill we'd get the focused and angry version which would be far tougher than Levis who will make rookie mistakes.  And they don't have any weapons that are too concerning.

Also the Titans defense is not very good situationally.  When teams need points vs that defense they seem to get them. 

This looks to me like a game the Colts should win.

That is the scary thing about a divisional opponent.   

2 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Levis is a rookie and green BUT he is mobile and has a lot of arm talent. I haven't seen him in theIr last games but what I saw in earlier games is he's well capable of taking advantage of a soft secondary that may concentrate more on stopping Henry than their passing game. 

The key is stopping Henry without leaving their receivers wide open, especially the very talented Hopkins. 

JMV often says the colts organization usually takes one step forward and then two steps back.

So I guess he probably thinks this is the time they take some steps back:thinking: Lol.

With the Steelers coming up I think it would be satisfactory to be 8-6 after these next 3 games. But I wouldn't be surprised if they were 7-7 or 6-8 and being out of the top 7 seeds..

The games against Tennessee and a Burrow-less Bengals are very important to win(for playoffs because I doubt they beat Pittsburgh) but are far from gimmes. 

I do agree it’s hard to imagine this young, injured team winning 6 in a row. But; there is no reason we can’t beat Pittsburg. Our line is playing well & they aren’t that great offensively. We should have Stewart back 100% healthy & ready to go as well. He’ll have the Bengals game to get back into the swing of things 

3 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I kinda find it funny how much the majority on here worshipped JMV when compared to Dan Dakich and others. However, when he switched to a more negative, realistic viewpoint the last couple years, people turned on him. People don't want a good sports media analyst necessarily; they just want someone that shares their viewpoint that has a voice.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I kinda find it funny how much the majority on here worshipped JMV when compared to Dan Dakich and others. However, when he switched to a more negative, realistic viewpoint the last couple years, people turned on him. People don't want a good sports media analyst necessarily; they just want someone that shares their viewpoint that has a voice.

Hmmm.  People are human.  Who woulda thought?

26 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Neither JMV  or Dakich are worshipped here