Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Panthers post game reaction

GoColts8818

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

That was like watching paint dry. If panthers made the offense look like that I can’t imagine what pats d will do. Their defense is actually good.

Yeah but the Pats are awful.  Almost as bad as the Panthers.  They're 2-7.  I looked up team defense rankings (ypg allowed), and the Panthers are 12th while the Pats are 10th.  We're talking about a difference of only 5 ypg allowed.  So it isn't like the Pats D is really a whole lot better than the Panthers D.  Any given Sunday.  The Browns are #1 in ypg allowed and we almost put up 40 on them so who knows?

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

charlie brown lucy GIF by Maudit

Aggravated the knee early

I mean, aren't we all Charlie Brown? Unless you're a fan that has so little knowledge of the team that you can't tell the difference between Richardson and Minshew. We keep coming back for more despite knowing the limitations of the team with Minshew at QB.

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

Exactly. If someone predicted a loss every game, they'd be right more than wrong. I don't like that as a Colts fan, but I can admit it. 

Barely, we are 4-5. Lets see how this plays out because I would bet we win next week. What exactly has Moose been right about. His main gripes have been about Leonard and Nelson and they have made multiple All-Pro selections. He also has griped about Taylor and Taylor is playing good again now, He was an all-pro in 2021.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What's up my friend, hope all is well. Yeah, we were up 17 so at that point we were playing it safe, avoiding any chance at Turnovers and just running the clock. Hence the 27 yards.

I would rather be boring at times and stack some Ws.  Had Steichen made some 'boring' decisions on the final drive vs. the Rams or against the Browns and Saints, we might have a few more wins.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Barely, we are 4-5. Lets see how this plays out because I would bet we win next week. What exactly has Moose been right about. His main gripes have been about Leonard and Nelson and they have made multiple All-Pro selections. He also has griped about Taylor and Taylor is playing good again now, He was an all-pro in 2021.

I meant over Ballard's entire tenure. Sorry, I should have clarified that. We are doing about what I thought we would this year. I just wish we were doing it with AR.

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

But this forum will get all giddy by the defences performances.  Man, they play trash qbss thr rest of the way except for Stroud and Burrows. I wish we could, but no team would, have the teams draft grades on these qbs. Remember, Irsay said Richardson was their guy even at number one.

Stroud just keeps getting better.  470 yards and 5/0 today.  I think he's going to be great.  Runaway ROY candidate at this point IMO.  What he's done with an offense that was total trash last year is amazing.  Don't get me wrong, I still love AR and I'm glad he's our guy and still have high hopes for him.  If AR comes back strong and stays healthy, the AFC South could literally go from worst to first with these young QBs. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, #12. said:

I would rather be boring at times and stack some Ws.  Had Steichen made some 'boring' decisions on the final drive vs. the Rams or against the Browns and Saints, we might have a few more wins.

Yeah, I could imagine if Shane went aggressive today when we were only up by 10 by going for it or having Mustache force something and it turned-out bad costing us the game. I have never understood why some just can't be happy with a win. 

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What have I been right about? Lots. First and foremost, I said this team would never win under Ballard.  I cant take away the all pros accumalted by  Nelson, Taylor and Leonard, but I was dead right about not signing them all to 2nd contracts when Ballard did.  He didn't show patience. I was dead right about this defensive scheme and the lack  of talent on that side of the ball. 

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I do think colts have a good chance at interceptions against Mac Jones.

I think there's a small chance Mac gets benched for Zappe before next week. He is just horrible and he's throwing fits all year. Eventually, Belichick is going to get sick of him.

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I think there's a small chance Mac gets benched for Zappe before next week. He is just horrible and he's throwing fits all year. Eventually, Belichick is going to get sick of him.

It doesn't really matter as they both suck. Bill iwill moat likely get his qb of the future in 2024. People want to dump on Bill but his qb like sucks big time. His defence has been playing well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

What have I been right about? Lots. First and foremost, I said this team would never win under Ballard.  I cant take away the all pros accumalted by  Nelson, Taylor and Leonard, but I was dead right about not signing them all to 2nd contracts when Ballard did.  He didn't show patience. I was dead right about this defensive scheme and the lack  of talent on that side of the ball. 

"would never win under Ballard", umm when he had great QB play in 2018 with Luck and in 2020 with Rivers we were SB contenders. NEVER is a strong word.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah, I could imagine if Shane went aggressive today when we were only up by 10 by going for it or having Mustache force something and it turned-out bad costing us the game. I have never understood why some just can't be happy with a win. 

It's more that the offense was terrible and what Kenny Moore did may happen once a year for each team if that. It's not sustainable. It's nice in the short term, but it won't matter unless the offense can perform much better, and the defense isn't doing that every week. In fact, the opposite has happened most games. It's a W, but as I said, I don't believe it's sustainable against better teams.

4 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

They won today so they have won under Ballard.  So you were wrong…again.

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Frank will take a lot of heat and I don't think he will last much longer. It appeared that Young had everything a franchise qb needed but size was the only issue. We don't know what goes on behind closed doors, but he is lacking more than height. 

I feel bad for Young.  I feel like he got put in a really bad situation with Reich as his HC. Maybe he would still struggle no matter who is coach, but I just don't think he had much of a chance with Reich.  

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

"would never win under Ballard", umm when he had great QB play in 2018 with Luck and in 2020 with Rivers we were SB contenders. NEVER is a strong word.

It's all about the big show or at least knocking at the door. The Colts r still in the driveway waiting to be asked if they canot get out of the car. They aren't even walking up to the steps. 

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Steichen is so intense. Giving these guys practice off until Wed is good too. They are leaving Thursday after a walkthrough.

Anyone hear when pats were leaving?

It is a nice reward because now the players will play harder for their coach and think if we win again, we get an extra day off. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

It's more that the offense was terrible and what Kenny Moore did may happen once a year for each team if that. It's not sustainable. It's nice in the short term, but it won't matter unless the offense can perform much better, and the defense isn't doing that every week. In fact, the opposite has happened most games. It's a W, but as I said, I don't believe it's sustainable against better teams.

Good teams find a way to win.  We are NOT a good team, yet we found a way to win.  That's what you take away from this game.

Did the offense carry the game?  No, BUT the defense did.  Kenny and Defo were awesome today.  The team picked each other up

and got the W.

Also, the kids continue to learn and gain experience which will help for next year's growth:  Jones is looking like he could turn into a

good player - he got some really good snaps this week.  Ade Ade got his first sack.  Freeland got some more experience.

No, getting 2 pick-6's from Kenny isn't sustainable, but getting contributions from the team that leads to a win is what matters.

Now if Kenny had dropped one or both of those pick-6's everyone would be complaining that we don't take advantage of the

gifts tossed to us.  This week we take advantage of the gifts and you want to complain that it's not sustainable.  We won the

turnover battle.  That's a positive.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Good teams find a way to win.  We are NOT a good team, yet we found a way to win.  That's what you take away from this game.

Did the offense carry the game?  No, BUT the defense did.  Kenny and Defo were awesome today.  The team picked each other up

and got the W.

Also, the kids continue to learn and gain experience which will help for next year's growth:  Jones is looking like he could turn into a

good player - he got some really good snaps this week.  Ade Ade got his first sack.  Freeland got some more experience.

No, getting 2 pick-6's from Kenny isn't sustainable, but getting contributions from the team that leads to a win is what matters.

Now if Kenny had dropped one or both of those pick-6's everyone would be complaining that we don't take advantage of the

gifts tossed to us.  This week we take advantage of the gifts and you want to complain that it's not sustainable.  We won the

turnover battle.  That's a positive.

I really don't think Pitt is good either but they are 5-3. They find ways to win even when it is ugly.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

Happy to say I was wrong and Colts won!  However, the offense looked putrid in the second half.  If it wasn't for Moore (and Young), this game could have gone the other way.  Didnt see the first half of the game.

Offense coasted the second half in some senses.  No need to force anything if they're not scoring.  We had a decent lead.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, kymd82222 said:

Stroud just keeps getting better.  470 yards and 5/0 today.  I think he's going to be great.  Runaway ROY candidate at this point IMO.  What he's done with an offense that was total trash last year is amazing.  Don't get me wrong, I still love AR and I'm glad he's our guy and still have high hopes for him.  If AR comes back strong and stays healthy, the AFC South could literally go from worst to first with these young QBs. 

I watched that entire game. Yes Stroud was great, but Tampa Bay's defense couldn't have played worse

What a great game by Moore. 

And what a rotten game by Young. 

The defensive line ate like big dogs today. I bet Young % his pants on that snap where Buckner got that unblocked sack. He saw Buckner bearing down on him full throttle and just lost all control of his functions and melted.

That was a really bad offensive line for the Panthers today. Yikes on bikes. 

I don’t really care how ugly this one was, this one was one I just couldn’t stand to lose. I enjoy watching 2 score lead games, especially against you know who. 

Hopefully Downs isn’t hurt bad, I don’t like the way defenses can stymy our offense without him.