Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Browns post game reactions

GoColts8818

11 minutes ago, Nickster said:

This may or may not be true.  His clock looked great to me in this game.  The only sack/fumble that would be internal clock related is the last one which was inconsequential really.  The game was over, he's waiting to throw downfield.

The Garrent Sack/Fumble/TD he bascially spints straight to GM, he tries to get rid of it without grounding for a safety.  He was really unlucky there.  You Have to rely on your TE and RT to slow the guy down at least some.  This play is totally on Ogletree and Freeland IMO with almost no culpability from GM.  He's tring to avoid a safety and is unlucky.

The other Garrett Sack Fumble, is on Raimann completely.  He gets beat so badly that GM has no way to "feel" him.  Garrets hands are on him before he sets his back foot.  Zero chance for GM once again.

I get what you are saying, but I think GM was awesome.  These plays were not at all his fault and he was unclucky IMO. 

I wish we could of seen who Minshew was throwing to on that strip sack. What that had potential for.

While I agree not too much he could do on the fumble in the end zone.

He still has to know that Myles Garrett is right over there.

Comedy Wwe GIF by Neesin

Against a rookie RT.

Clock needs to be even quicker.

Probably should of ran the ball, but what do you do?

6 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Just a reminder, it's actually against forum rules to post contend behind paywalls. Integrity and morality stuff and such... 

They have free content too, just depends if you've used your monthly free article allotment yet. 

I don't think she was asking anyone to post the the content. Just was going to ask if that quote was taken out of context.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Greeny this morning, went off on how he felt the Colts had every bad call against them. Which it’s kind of nice to see it’s not just the fans who felt their were bad calls. 

Ruling that PI catchable without conferring and realizing that it landed a yard past the yellow line which the spectators and camera guys have to stay beind was egregious.

I don't have a huge issue the the defensive holding before that.  That play was iffy and could have been pocketed, but it's not a terrible call IMO.

That PI was ridiculous though. 

7 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Greeny this morning, went off on how he felt the Colts had every bad call against them. Which it’s kind of nice to see it’s not just the fans who felt their were bad calls. 

Pat McAfee just went off on both calls at the end of the game.  Calling for an investigation into the referee who called both penalties.  He said all the gambling is bringing the problem more into the forefront.  

• Like 1

Just now, richard pallo said:

Pat McAfee just went off on both calls at the end of the game.  Calling for an investigation into the referee who called both penalties.  He said all the gambling is bringing the problem more into the forefront.  

Also said in regards to the refs in general they need to be told from upstairs if it’s an obvious blown call.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Nickster said:

This may or may not be true.  His clock looked great to me in this game.  The only sack/fumble that would be internal clock related is the last one which was inconsequential really.  The game was over, he's waiting to throw downfield.

The Garrent Sack/Fumble/TD he bascially spints straight to GM, he tries to get rid of it without grounding for a safety.  He was really unlucky there.  You Have to rely on your TE and RT to slow the guy down at least some.  This play is totally on Ogletree and Freeland IMO with almost no culpability from GM.  He's tring to avoid a safety and is unlucky.  Only way to avoid this fumble was to turn away and take the safety.

The other Garrett Sack Fumble, is on Raimann completely.  He gets beat so badly that GM has no way to "feel" him.  Garrets hands are on him before he sets his back foot.  Zero chance for GM once again.

I get what you are saying, but I think GM was awesome.  These plays were not at all his fault and he was unclucky IMO. 

Agree 100%.

Garrett vs Freeland is a huge mismatch and it showed.

This Oline still needs alot of work or at least better backups and that falls at the feet of Ballard.

But all in all a very exciting game.  Lots of scoring and Colts could have won it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

Agree 100%.

This Oline still needs alot of work or at least better backups and that falls at the feet of Ballard.

But all in all a very exciting game.  Lots of scoring and Colts could have won it.

The OL is currently a top five OL so you can’t do much better than that.  All teams would love that.  I think rookies need to be developed.  All teams deal with that.  Freeland has done better than I was expecting.  So that’s a good sign.  The OL is the least of our worries right now.  I am looking forward to getting Smith back at RG though.

39 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

Agree 100%.

Backups get better by playing. It is a darn shame Smith can't show up to earn his fat paycheck. 

Freeland has done ok for a rookie that is forced to play so much this early in the season. 

He just did not get how fast and powerful Garrett is. Just motivation to put on 15lbs of muscle 💪. I'm glad he is playing.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

Agree 100%.

He ran around Raimann at least once on the sack/fumble too.

Garrett was a mismatch for the Colts on Sunday, that's for certain.  

We were really unclucky that we didn't recover any of those fumbles too.  Had chances to. 

But certainly they got torched on a few plays.  They must have played pretty good as a line overall though becaue we scored 38 pts. and had 450+ yards of Offense.

48 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

Agree 100%.

I mean you really can’t expect to have a backup that won’t be a huge mismatch with Garrett. You just have to try and chip him like we did and play the best you can. Special teams can’t let him leap over all they have to do is touch him and it would have been a penalty that’s a special teams coaching issue. 

1 hour ago, w87r said:

I wish we could of seen who Minshew was throwing to on that strip sack. What that had potential for.

While I agree not too much he could do on the fumble in the end zone.

He still has to know that Myles Garrett is right over there.

Comedy Wwe GIF by Neesin

Against a rookie RT.

Clock needs to be even quicker.

Probably should of ran the ball, but what do you do?

Yeah man but no,  You have to assume that your tackles are going to hold off your guy at least long enough to set your back foot on the drop back.  On both plays he's trying to get rid of it.  He just didn't have a chance.

You have to have your tackles get a hand on the guy around the end rather than have your QB throw before any of the pass catchers have gottn off the line of scrimmage.

If you watches the blind side fumble, I have no idea how you tink GM can get rid of that.  The EZ fumble, Garett beat 3 guys!  The play by Freeland there is inexcusable getting beat around the edge because he has Fries inside.  Terrible football by Freeland there, PLUS!  Garrett was supposed to be chipped by Ogletree who whiffed too.  

Gardener Minshew has to be able to assume that a triple teamed EDGE will at least be slowed up long enough to set his feet.  That was all OLINE.   

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

The OL is currently a top five OL so you can’t do much better than that.  All teams would love that.  I think rookies need to be developed.  All teams deal with that.  Freeland has done better than I was expecting.  So that’s a good sign.  The OL is the least of our worries right now.  I am looking forward to getting Smith back at RG though.

I think the OL's scores are inflated because of AR's mobility and agility in avoiding sacks.  AR would take the 1st or 2nd read and take off running.

Pocket passers are going to struggle with this Oline whether its the Stache, Matt Ryan, Sam, or even Foles who was carried off in a stretcher.

Or perhaps the the top 5 score was taken with AR and Kelly and Smith starting.

Either way, that did not look like the 5th best Oline to me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Kevin Bowen said on his podcast Brent’s may need season ending surgery. If it heals on its own it’s still several weeks. This guy can’t stay healthy.

I’m expecting him to be done for the season 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

I think the OL's scores are inflated because of AR's mobility and agility in avoiding sacks.  AR would take the 1st or 2nd read and take off running.

Pocket passers are going to struggle with this Oline whether its the Stache, Matt Ryan, Sam, or even Foles who was carried off in a stretcher.

You really just can’t be a pocket passer these days. Defenses with one elite rusher are just to good at finding the weak link in the line and exploiting it. That’s like when we played the rams and they rarely put Aaron Donald against Nelson and even last game with them putting Garrett against Freeland. The defense will put its best rusher against your worse OL. Now you can add chips and RBs to help but aside from Goff there’s not many pure pocket passers anymore

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Kevin Bowen said on his podcast Brent’s may need season ending surgery. If it heals on its own it’s still several weeks. This guy can’t stay healthy.

On roster Replacements:

Brown

Speed

Hall

Lammons

Free Agent CB options:

Casey Hayward

Desmond King

Byron Jones

Bryce Callahan

Greedy Williams

Amari Oruwariye

William Jackson

John Reid

Harrison Hand

Harren Williams

Grant Haley

CB Potential Trade Targets:

Jaylen Johnson

Donte Jackson

Kaiir Elam

Chandon Sullivon

James Pierre

Kristian Fulton

David Long

Adoree Jackson

Darnay Holmes

• Like 1

Been a tough year for our CB room. First Gilly asks for a trade, which the Colts properly give him. Then, Rodgers pulls his bonehead move to be gone. Then, Dallis Flowers has a season ending injury. Now we may have lost JuJu. Someone find Kenny Moore and wrap him in bubble wrap. This is getting ridiculous. You can rip on the corners all you want, but no NFL team has enough quality depth to make up for all that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hark said:

Been a tough year for our CB room. First Gilly asks for a trade, which the Colts properly give him. Then, Rodgers pulls his bonehead move to be gone. Then, Dallis Flowers has a season ending injury. Now we may have lost JuJu. Someone find Kenny Moore and wrap him in bubble wrap. This is getting ridiculous. You can rip on the corners all you want, but no NFL team has enough quality depth to make up for all that.

Crazy thing is, I think we are pretty deep at the nickel.

Moore

Brown

Lammons (I like this guy, outside of the LV stomping incident)

Wouldn't be upset if Colts brought King and Hayward in.

Both know the defense and should be a quicker transition at this point. They are FA too, so no need to trade assets.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zoltan said:

You really just can’t be a pocket passer these days. Defenses with one elite rusher are just to good at finding the weak link in the line and exploiting it. That’s like when we played the rams and they rarely put Aaron Donald against Nelson and even last game with them putting Garrett against Freeland. The defense will put its best rusher against your worse OL. Now you can add chips and RBs to help but aside from Goff there’s not many pure pocket passers anymore

Tom Brady was pretty good from the pocket two years ago.  I disagree strongly with this.

Pat Mahomes basically won the SB being a pocket passer with the ankle.  He moved around like Dan Marino in year 15 last playoffs.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Don't let the fact that the Colts, due to injuries, had the backups to the backups playing CB get in your way.

Baker was starting at CB in wk 1 so someone thought he could play at this level.

As far as injuries go, it’s the NFL. Unfortunately, everybody deals with them to certain position groups.  

If our one proven corner (Gilmore) wasn’t dealt for a lottery ticket in the off-season maybe the depth of talent is there so the secondary isn’t relying on the UDFAs of there NFL world.

Just my 2 cents

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SR711 said:

Baker was starting at CB in wk 1 so someone thought he could play at this level.

As far as injuries go, it’s the NFL. Unfortunately, everybody deals with them to certain position groups.  

If our one proven corner (Gilmore) wasn’t dealt for a lottery ticket in the off-season maybe the depth of talent is there so the secondary isn’t relying on the UDFAs of there NFL world.

Just my 2 cents

Or rodgers getting suspended for Gambling.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Tom Brady was pretty good from the pocket two years ago.  I disagree strongly with this.

Pat Mahomes basically won the SB being a pocket passer with the ankle.  He moved around like Dan Marino in year 15 last playoffs.

Look at your examples Tom Brady considered the g.o.a.t and Mahomes who is mobile even with his ankle injury. There’s a way longer list of those who have struggled

2 hours ago, PRnum1 said:

Miles garret has the fastest average time from snap to QB this season. At .3 seconds. In comparison a top fuel dragster driver has a .600 average reaction time. With .500 being a “perfect” light. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, w87r said:

On roster Replacements:

Brown

Speed

Hall

Lammons

Free Agent CB options:

Casey Hayward

Desmond King

Byron Jones

Bryce Callahan

Greedy Williams

Amari Oruwariye

William Jackson

John Reid

Harrison Hand

Harren Williams

Grant Haley

CB Potential Trade Targets:

Jaylen Johnson

Donte Jackson

Kaiir Elam

Chandon Sullivon

James Pierre

Kristian Fulton

David Long

Adoree Jackson

Darnay Holmes

Ballard is hell bent on playing these young corners he hasn’t signed a vet in the offseason or through out the year. It’s been obvious since the beginning of the year we need a Vet DB.

• Like 1