Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sources Colts have called about Jerry Jeudy

Restinpeacesweetchloe

On 10/13/2023 at 8:42 AM, chad72 said:

If I’m giving up a 3rd rounder, I’d ask the Broncos for Justin Simmons, he could marshal the secondary from the safety position for the future. It’s a deep WR class but not many good free safeties around. We saw what Jesse Bates of Bengals got in FA from Falcons, I’d pay secondary players over LBs if I had to choose. For a Seahawks like D they want to implement, that free safety is key, IMO.

Otherwise plenty of young WRs in this WR deep draft to choose from on Day 1 or 2 of the draft, IMO.

ballard is trying to win our division this season, we need help now

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

I could see this years 1st and 3rd and a conditional 2nd next year for Surtain and Jeudy.   Two biggest needs solved with young players.

Add 2 rounds to every number.

A 3rd and a 5th in 2024, and a 4th in 2025 is all I will give for the above and trust me, the market won’t give them more than that.

I could see this years 1st and 3rd and a conditional 2nd next year for Surtain and Jeudy.   Two biggest needs solved with young players.

The question is really, does this defense revolve around top man cover CBs?

I know its not a traditional cover two, and we have been running Brents sometimes in man coverage, while we run an umbrellla zone with the other players.

In the past we havent spent the big money on CBs...... maybe we splurge

I was always nervous about giving away our number 1 pick, but I think we can all say that we have our QB and even our LT of the future already on the team.

I see Juedy as a guy that can stretch the field......  MUCH better that our two outside WRs .......  THIS should open our offense, and make people pay when they load the box to stop our RBs

Ok.......  you talked me into it :)

I will take both please (Prolly not going to happen) but I could see the long term value  AND, we get 4 more years of our QB on a rookie deal.

• Thanks 1

On 10/12/2023 at 3:08 PM, richard pallo said:

If Jeudy doesn’t get hurt tonight I think Ballard trades for him.  He’s been jonesen for a WR 1 for a long time now.  Tried to get one in any Taylor trade talk.  I believe he’s a speedster too so that would be perfect.  Big get for the Colts if he pulls it off and I think he will.

Weird "Jones" as he's done next to nothing to attempt to acquire one....lol

22 minutes ago, Jackie Daytona said:

Weird "Jones" as he's done next to nothing to attempt to acquire one....lol

A playmaking receiver was a condition on any trade with the Dolphins and Packers for Taylor.  I would say that says he wants one.  Inquired about Jeudy previously.  Obviously the asking price at the time was too high.  That Jonesen for me.  He’s looking for a fast veteran playmaker at WR.

2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Sorry I don't trust you.  lol

1. Amari Cooper went for a 6th and Brandon Cooks went for a 5th and 6th, so you’re overvaluing Jeudy

2. J C Jackson, a pretty good CB and a 7th from Patriots for the Chargers 6th rounder

You don’t have to trust me, just take your time to do some research, lol 

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

1. Amari Cooper went for a 6th and Brandon Cooks went for a 5th and 6th, so you’re overvaluing Jeudy

2. J C Jackson, a pretty good CB and a 7th from Patriots for the Chargers 6th rounder

You don’t have to trust me, just take your time to do some research, lol 

Still don’t trust you.  Sorry if that’s all you got.

1 hour ago, Solid84 said:

:facepalm: Yeah my bad. A bit fast on the trigger. 

Still don’t think investing draft picks in Jeudy is a good idea though. His lack of effort just… irks me. 

Disregard that other guy's comment. It was quite inappropriate. 

I agree with you. Jeudy has talent but seems to show poor work ethic. The effort is not there.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Disregard that other guy's comment. It was quite inappropriate. 

I agree with you. Jeudy has talent but seems to show poor work ethic. The effort is not there.

Yeah I’d be okay with a late round pick to take a flyer on him and see if he’s just not working hard because Denver has been a mess but I am not giving up anything of significant value for him.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Solid84 said:

:facepalm: Yeah my bad. A bit fast on the trigger. 

Still don’t think investing draft picks in Jeudy is a good idea though. His lack of effort just… irks me. 

Hahaha no worries I figured if you reread it you’d see that…..

As far as the trade goes, if it goes, I will support it as a change of scenery move that is betting on traits…

However, not sure he helps now with GM10 and his lack of downfield throwing ability so the FO will likely pass on the trade!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

Hahaha no worries I figured if you reread it you’d see that…..

As far as the trade goes, if it goes, I will support it as a change of scenery move that is betting on traits…

However, not sure he helps now with GM10 and his lack of downfield throwing ability so the FO will likely pass on the trade!

I hope we don’t pass on the trade.  GM is not QB1.  You have to base the trade on AR being the quarterback.  Jeudy has the potential to be a game changer in the right system with a strong armed quarterback.

13 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah I’d be okay with a late round pick to take a flyer on him and see if he’s just not working hard because Denver has been a mess but I am not giving up anything of significant value for him.

Totally agree here!!! Day 3 pick with a 4th rounder at best, I'd be fine. Let us see how things shape up.

Chiefs just lost Watson for 4-5 weeks, not sure if they will be players and mess things up for us by driving the price up. 

6 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Totally agree here!!! Day 3 pick with a 4th rounder at best, I'd be fine. Let us see how things shape up.

Chiefs just lost Watson for 4-5 weeks, not sure if they will be players and mess things up for us by driving the price up. 

I don’t know if I would even go a fourth rounder.  I think maybe a fifth would be as high as I would go and that would probably be with getting Jeudy and sixth or seventh back.  If that means I don’t get the player I’d live with it.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I don’t know if I would even go a fourth rounder.  I think maybe a fifth would be as high as I would go and that would probably be with getting Jeudy and sixth or seventh back.  If that means I don’t get the player I’d live with it.

I think you are spot on with Jeudy.

However, if we are taking most of DaVante Adams' contract, I would see that, as a trade off for the contract, I would ask the Raiders if a high 3rd rounder would do. Would be such a Josh McDaniels thing to do - like shipping off Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall, he ships off Derek Carr and DaVante Adams. This is VERY LIKELY to happen (Adams being traded, not necessarily Colts being buyers), based on history repeating itself. Plus, with AR being on a rookie contract, best time to invest, IMO. Adams can teach the young wideouts a thing or two, would be an instant No.1 for a few good years while Pittman is the true No.2 we think he would be for so many teams.

If Adams doesn't feel wanted, he might even restructure. That is what Frank Clark on the Broncos did, restructure his contract so that he becomes tradeable, and now the Chiefs are in conversations with him. Heck, I think that if Adams restructures, the Vikings with Jefferson unavailable briefly, should go after him and make a playoff push once Jefferson comes back. After all, he has plenty of experience playing in that division. :) 

I don't know what it is about Jeudy that has people so interested. If you want a player that raises the quality of our WR room, I don't think he fits the bill. And he's guaranteed $13m in 2024.

If we're going to trade for a veteran WR, it should be a guy who can dominate. If we can't take that kind of swing, just stick with who we have this year. 

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Superman said:

I don't know what it is about Jeudy that has people so interested. If you want a player that raises the quality of our WR room, I don't think he fits the bill. And he's guaranteed $13m in 2024.

If we're going to trade for a veteran WR, it should be a guy who can dominate. If we can't take that kind of swing, just stick with who we have this year. 

After some thought  about this as well as knowing the current state of the Colts’ QB situation, I think your approach is the right way to go. Jeudy is an underperforming slacker who will want big $ come contract time and shouldn’t  get it from anyone. The Colts need a #1 receiver. He ain’t it. If they can snag a top receiver from a fire sale, do it. But make it a true improvement and not a hope and a prayer like Jeudy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Superman said:

Especially if AR is going to be out the rest of the year. Might as well stick it out and wait for the draft. Makes no sense to go get a number 1 who isn’t going to be effective until 2024. Waste of draft capital and money IMO.

1 minute ago, Defjamz26 said:

Especially if AR is going to be out the rest of the year. Might as well stick it out and wait for the draft. Makes no sense to go get a number 1 who isn’t going to be effective until 2024. Waste of draft capital and money IMO.

Makes even less sense to go get an underperforming #2 (which is basically what Jeudy is), and hope he performs like a good #1. That's the case even if Richardson was healthy. He's just not the guy we need. 

Another problem is he'd take reps away from Pierce, and it's too early IMO to give up on Pierce. Especially if we're not getting a clearly superior player.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Except we don’t know if AR is going to miss the rest of the year.  Drafting a WR only guarantees you a rookie player who is most likely one or two years away if you’re lucky.  For example the jury is still out on Pierce.  Getting a true number one now solves the issue and he can be immediately effective in 2024 if not sooner.  I trust Ballard here.  If he thinks there is one worth making a trade for he should go for it.  The players he has traded for have worked out pretty well in the past.

As the “trading for a true WR 1” discussion continues, one question you have to ask is if the Colts could truly afford a contract the size of, say, Davonte Adams’. Because nobody is trading a productive player unless they’re too expensive or about to become so. You know the Colts: pay your own. I expect them to pay Pittman and a few others who are coming due. So where do the $ come from if they want to go for broke on a WR1? I’m not seeing it. 

6 minutes ago, Hoose said:

As the “trading for a true WR 1” discussion continues, one question you have to ask is if the Colts could truly afford a contract the size of, say, Davonte Adams’. Because nobody is trading a productive player unless they’re too expensive or about to become so. You know the Colts: pay your own. I expect them to pay Pittman and a few others who are coming due. So where do the $ come from if they want to go for broke on a WR1? I’m not seeing it. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/las-vegas-raiders/davante-adams-14463/

Adams' cap hit in 2023 is $14 mil.

We have about $6.5 mil. in cap space right now.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/indianapolis-colts/cap/

There has to be some restructuring of contracts on the part of Adams, Buckner, Braden Smith, Shaq Leonard to make it work. It can be done if Ballard really wants to pursue it. Based on history, odds are slim with Ballard. 

I can see playoff teams doing it, like Belichick would do it with Brady at the helm, with Darelle Revis signed for a year, which kick started their SB winning ways again in 2014 season, and not brought back.

Except we don’t know if AR is going to miss the rest of the year.  Drafting a WR only guarantees you a rookie player who is most likely one or two years away if you’re lucky.  For example the jury is still out on Pierce.  Getting a true number one now solves the issue and he can be immediately effective in 2024 if not sooner.  I trust Ballard here.  If he thinks there is one worth making a trade for he should go for it.  The players he has traded for have worked out pretty well in the past.

It’s just 1 game, but do you trust Minshew to get the ball to a true number 1? Does he even have the arm strength too? IDK I just feel you’re better of pairing a real vertical receiver for when AR is ready. 

8 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

It’s just 1 game, but do you trust Minshew to get the ball to a true number 1? Does he even have the arm strength too? IDK I just feel you’re better of pairing a real vertical receiver for when AR is ready. 

I really doubt Minshew can get the ball to a true number 1.  But that wouldn’t prevent me from securing one now.  I think you need to take advantage of the opportunity if it presents itself.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/las-vegas-raiders/davante-adams-14463/

Adams' cap hit in 2023 is $14 mil.

We have about $6.5 mil. in cap space right now.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/indianapolis-colts/cap/

There has to be some restructuring of contracts on the part of Adams, Buckner, Braden Smith, Shaq Leonard to make it work. It can be done if Ballard really wants to pursue it. Based on history, odds are slim with Ballard. 

I can see playoff teams doing it, like Belichick would do it with Brady at the helm, with Darelle Revis signed for a year, which kick started their SB winning ways again in 2014 season, and not brought back.

Adams base salary is only $6.03m in 2023.

Then has 30k per game active bonuses 

Raiders are on the hook for SB and Restructure cap figures this season and all future seasons. Plus 2023 workout and pro bowl incentive.

So Adams cap hit would be:

2023: $6.03m base, $270k active roster bonus (estimated for 9 games) total cap hit:$6.3m

2024: $16,890,000 base,$510k active roster bonus, $100k workout bonus, $250k(if he makes pro bowl in 2023) total cap hit:$17.5m(w/o pro bowl incentive)

2024: $35,640,000 base, 510k active roster bonus, $100k workout bonus, $250k(if he makes pro bowl in 2024) total cap hit:$36.25m(w/o pro bowl incentive)

2025: $35,640,000 base, 510k active roster bonus, $100k workout bonus, $250k(if he makes pro bowl in 2025) total cap hit:$36.25m(w/o pro bowl incentive)

Only guaranteed money that would be owed is the rest of 2023 and 2024 base salary.

Again, cap hits of:

2023-$6.3m($6.03m guaranteed+ active bonus if he plays all games)

2024-$17.5m($16.89m guaranteed)

2025-$36.25m(non guaranteed)

2026-$36.25m(non guaranteed)

If the Raiders trade Adams their dead cap and cap savings are as followed:

2023 Dead Cap: $7,950,000

2024 Dead Cap: $23,550,000

2023 Cap Savings: $6,790,000

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, w87r said:

Adams base salary is only $6.03m in 2023.

Then has 30k per game active bonuses 

Raiders are on the hook for SB and Restructure cap figures this season and all future seasons. Plus 2023 workout and pro bowl incentive.

So Adams cap hit would be:

2023: $6.03m base, $270k active roster bonus (estimated for 9 games) total cap hit:$6.3m

2024: $16,890,000 base,$510k active roster bonus, $100k workout bonus, $250k(if he makes pro bowl in 2023) total cap hit:$17.5m(w/o pro bowl incentive)

2024: $35,640,000 base, 510k active roster bonus, $100k workout bonus, $250k(if he makes pro bowl in 2024) total cap hit:$36.25m(w/o pro bowl incentive)

2025: $35,640,000 base, 510k active roster bonus, $100k workout bonus, $250k(if he makes pro bowl in 2025) total cap hit:$36.25m(w/o pro bowl incentive)

Only guaranteed money that would be owed is the rest of 2023 and 2024 base salary.

Again, cap hits of:

2023-$6.3m($6.03m guaranteed+ active bonus if he plays all games)

2024-$17.5m($16.89m guaranteed)

2025-$36.25m(non guaranteed)

2026-$36.25m(non guaranteed)

If the Raiders trade Adams their dead cap and cap savings are as followed:

2023 Dead Cap: $7,950,000

2024 Dead Cap: $23,550,000

2023 Cap Savings: $6,790,000

I don’t know.  He’s 30 years old.  Jeudy is much younger.  To pair with AR I think I would look for a younger option.

Just now, richard pallo said:

I don’t know.  He’s 30 years old.  Jeudy is much younger.  To pair with AR I think I would look for a younger option.

I'm not saying I want either 

Just laying out cap ramifications if he is traded.

• Like 1