Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vermeil/Warner moment?

Patrick Miller

3 hours ago, Patrick Miller said:

Say AR is out for the year….maybe  Steichen will hold a press conference ala Vermeil and say (with tears in his eyes) “we are going to Rally behind Gardner Minshew and play good football!”

Warner had Faulk and two legit all pro recievers and we have?????????

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What a week to sit Moss. I probably would have too with Taylor back, so I understand it. Moss was unreal Sunday.

I am 2nd in my pool, so i guess I would maybe have the skill set to be a GM as my winning record far exceeds that of the Colts current GM

lol

Props to Vermeil who had the courage of his convictions and publicly supported Warner so strongly.   

But, at the time, Warner was a literal nobody from nowhere.   Better known for being a clerk at a grocery store.   On the other hand,  Gardner Minshew is much more of a known quantity with a successful track record.   So it’s not quite an apples to apples comparison.    But I appreciated the throwback reference.  :thmup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What a week to sit Moss. I probably would have too with Taylor back, so I understand it. Moss was unreal Sunday.

I did sit him too... in 2 leagues, and lost both. I'm still recovering, after seeing that first 55+ yards TD...

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I am 2nd in my pool, so i guess I would maybe have the skill set to be a GM as my winning record far exceeds that of the Colts current GM

lol

Problem is, GMoose..., what shall we do this week? Can we start Moss going forward, how long? I did start him the previous week, he got 70+ yards and no TD... And the guy I benched then would've won me.. 

Hm, that's the fantasy life, worse than real life sometimes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

i do realize it was said in humour as was mine

I am still angry as I sat Moss this week in fantasy football!!!

As did I, but I luckily won thanks to Kittle! 😮‍💨

Now, I am wondering what to do this next week with Moss? Will JT get more snaps or will Moss continue to carry the bulk? 🤷🏻‍♂️

I have Moss/Pacheco/Barkley to decide from! I’m probly gotta ride with Zaccheus being a :1colts:homer!

7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Props to Vermeil who had the courage of his convictions and publicly supported Warner so strongly.   

But, at the time, Warner was a literal nobody from nowhere.   Better known for being a clerk at a grocery store.   On the other hand,  Gardner Minshew is much more of a known quantity with a successful track record.   So it’s not quite an apples to apples comparison.    But I appreciated the throwback reference.  :thmup:

Not a clerk but a carryout boy. Carried groceries for my mom. From my alma mater.😜

• Like 1