Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Titans postgame thread

AwesomeAustin

There is no reason to rush Richardson back until he is fully healthy. 

1 minute ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I heard that until we play both games, it is based on division record, i.e. 2-1 in division and them 1-1 would give us the 1st place. If we lose next week then the Jags will consistently hold the tiebreaker due to head to head

That would make sense.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Colts are winning with backups over the last couple weeks. Steichen might be coach of the year.

One thing about Shane is this, he seems to be improving each week with play calling, and mixing it up. 

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Taylor had a couple nice runs too. That was nice to see. Moss having this year when the RB market is flooded next year is kind of sad for him. Bills need a run game I have no clue why they couldn’t use him more.

Yeah, I wish there was a way we could resign him but I doubt it now with Taylor's new contract.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, colts89 said:

- This is going to be an insane running committee, especially once Taylor gets back into form.

- AR needs to learn how to slide and how to not fall so awkwardly. Those weren't huge hits he took to get injured. And they were all avoidable. I really hope he can figure out how to protect himself more.

- Minshew is a great game manager and he doesn't turn the ball over. We can string a few victories with him if the run game is going to be that dominate.

- The OL played spectacularly. Freeland looked good out there, which is great to see from your backup swing tackle.

- The D played decently. The only bad pattern I've noticed is that the LBs and secondary is exploitable if the DL isn't getting a consistent pass rush at all times.

If u watch the hit, you can see he's on the ground and the player just hits him right in the shoulder. All of his hit seem to be bad luck, but I worry bout it taking a toll on his body this early in his career.

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

If u watch the hit, you can see he's on the ground and the player just hits him right in the shoulder. All of his hit seem to be bad luck, but I worry bout it taking a toll on his body this early in his career.

It was a dirty hit.

Just now, Colt Overseas said:

Agreed, I think Steichen is doing a heck of a job with the playcalling.

Meanwhile Reich got trashed today lol.

Just now, Zoltan said:

Yeah, I wish there was a way we could resign him but I doubt it now with Taylor's new contract.

Just think of this. We probably could have signed Moss for a good contract next year. Could have  let Taylor walk  and cut Leonard. If we would have done that instead of extending Taylor. How much cap room would it have given us to say sign a wr like Higgins and go after another wr in free agency,? Just saying.

• Like 1

Good win this week, we were way more physical than the Titans which is great to see from this team. The biggest issue is our secondary as Hopkins was able to create separation all day, which will be a problem when we play the Jags as they are a pass first team.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

It was a dirty hit.

Meanwhile Reich got trashed today lol.

Hmmmm ..why is that funny? U may like or dislike him as a coach, but he is a heckuva human being. Remember this. Sure Caroline sucks, but I think he has started every year as a coach with a new qb. That's tuff.

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

Just think of this. We probably could have signed Moss for a good contract next year. Could have  let Taylor walk  and cut Leonard. If we would have done that instead of extending Taylor. How much cap room would it have given us to say sign a wr like Higgins and go after another wr in free agency,? Just saying.

Yeah we probably could have signed Moss for half of what we signed Taylor for, but what's done is done.

4 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Good win this week, we were way more physical than the Titans which is great to see from this team. The biggest issue is our secondary as Hopkins was able to create separation all day, which will be a problem when we play the Jags as they are a pass first team.

Not really seperating. He was juat  finding holes in the zone.

Just got home from the game.

Anyone thought the fans would boo Taylor were sadly mistaken.  He got one of if not the loudest ovation in player intros.

What a day for the oline!  For all those calling for the team to move on from Kelly please stop.  The middle of that line, which he leads being the center, took a defensive front that was averaging allowing less the 3 ypc and blew them off the ball all day long and opened lanes for Moss to run through.  Kelly back to the pro-bowl level he used to play at.  

Moss is playing so well.  It’s a luxury not to have to rush Taylor and now they have a really nasty two headed monster.

Josh Downs was a find.  Six catches on six targets for just under 100 yards.

Credit the job Jim Bob Cooter has done having to switch the offense from Richardson to Minshew in game more than once and it’s been very effective for the most part.

The d-line did not have their best pass rushing day but them and the linebackers held Henry in check including coming up with a massive fourth and one stuff.  13 handoffs for 43 yards for Henry.  Job well done.

The secondary yikes.  The Colts had no answer for Hopkins who is a great player but really only one made one catch where he was really well covered that you just go great players make great plays.  The rest he was running wide open through the Colts secondary but they were also getting zero help from the pass rush until very late.

Richardson.  So much talent but man these injury concerns are very real.  Dude is made of glass.  He’s not taking hits where he’s being wreckless for the most part either.  He’s getting hurt on normal NFL tackles.  Either he’s just had a very bad stretch of bad luck of he is injury prone.

Colts need to extend Minshew either this season or this off-season.  You aren’t going to find a better back up in the NFL and until Richardson proves he can stay healthy they will need a high end back up QB.  

Shane remains too aggressive.  Yes the fourth down stop when the Titans could have kicked a field goal kinda canceled out his failed fourth down call but I understood the Titans call more.  The Colts were in a score or get no points situation because of the clock.  Take.  The.  Points.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Calvin Ridley was a big problem the 1st game.  Hope we can find a way to stop him.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

it’s most definitely the weight of the Titan player driving it into the ground. Hell, if they were playing in sand it probably would have had the same outcome.

i agree though, how long before he’s tired of the injuries?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Just got home from the game.

Anyone thought the fans would boo Taylor were sadly mistaken.  He got one of if not the loudest ovation in player intros.

What a day for the oline!  For all those calling for the team to move on from Kelly please stop.  The middle of that line, which he leads being the center, took a defensive front that was averaging allowing less the 3 ypc and blew them off the ball all day long and opened lanes for Moss to run through.  Kelly back to the pro-bowl level he used to play at.  

Moss is playing so well.  It’s a luxury not to have to rush Taylor and now they have a really nasty two headed monster.

Josh Downs was a find.  Six catches on six targets for just under 100 yards.

Credit the job Jim Bob Cooter has done having to switch the offense from Richardson to Minshew in game more than once and it’s been very effective for the most part.

The d-line did not have their best pass rushing day but them and the linebackers held Henry in check including coming up with a massive fourth and one stuff.  13 handoffs for 43 yards for Henry.  Job well done.

The secondary yikes.  The Colts had no answer for Hopkins who is a great player but really only one made one catch where he was really well covered that you just go great players make great plays.  The rest he was running wide open through the Colts secondary but they were also getting zero help from the pass rush until very late.

Richardson.  So much talent but man these injury concerns are very real.  Dude is made of glass.  He’s not taking hits where he’s being wreckless for the most part either.  He’s getting hurt on normal NFL tackles.  Either he’s just had a very bad stretch of bad luck of he is injury prone.

Colts need to extend Minshew either this season or this off-season.  You aren’t going to find a better back up in the NFL and until Richardson proves he can stay healthy they will need a high end back up QB.  

Shane remains too aggressive.  Yes the fourth down stop when the Titans could have kicked a field goal kinda canceled out his failed fourth down call but I understood the Titans call more.  The Colts were in a score or get no points situation because of the clock.  Take.  The.  Points.

Outside of this forum, the general public in Indiana has been super pro Taylor. I’m not surprised he got a warm reception to be back. 

29 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I didn't mind the call going for it, and especially the play called it should have been a td, just a miss by minshew. With some of the stuff we do, it can help in future too, showing that will go for it and not just try to get offsides or time outs called

1 hour ago, ShuteAt168 said:

WR Pierce deserves a little love for a nice route to draw that huge PI (bailed Pitt out for the airhead penalty) and then the nice grab on Minshew’s dime on third down. 

Yea it does lend a tiny bit of credence to his lack of targets when AR is QB. I don’t think AR is getting to him in the progression, by play design or otherwise.

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Minshew value grows with each game. Ballard should be brining him in for an extension. 

He will probably want an opportunity to start somewhere.   If he keeps performing,  someone will give him an opportunity 

Good:

-Downs is becoming exactly who I thought he could become. Starting to show traits of an elite slot receiver

-Minshew for the win

-Franklin is a top 5 LB in the league

-MOSS

-Fries looked good

Bad

-Richardson has to figure out the health thing

-Secondary giving up too much stuff underneath 

This defense is better without Leonard is one of my biggest takeaways. Love what he’s done for us, but he should be a healthy scratch when he’s healthy.

41 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Outside of this forum, the general public in Indiana has been super pro Taylor. I’m not surprised he got a warm reception to be back. 

I am not shocked either in fact I expected it.  Just posting it for all the people who said he would get some boos.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Kind of a boring game after Richardson went out. But Minshew held it down. Have to get touchdowns and not field goals. Texans lost so next week is for first place.

Downs is our new Hilton. He is found to be great on deep balls. Almost 100 yards this game. 

Moss was fun to watch today.

Not even going to get into Richardson. So tired of being QB jinxed. It is what it is I guess. Just go down and stop taking bad hits.

Downs is looking like a great pick by Ballard.  He's so quick in the slot. 

• Like 1