Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jonathan Taylor comments on his contract/Request trade (Merge)

GoColts8818

1 hour ago, hoosierhawk said:

Good question. Sounds like he may. Some are guessing this comin g Sunday but would surprise me.

It wasn't a question.   He will play before week 7.  I would guess he will get a few touches this week.   If not,  next week for sure

• Like 1

Good news on Taylor, but Jelani remaining on IR is very worrisome. He has had that hamstring injury for months now.

With Kwity, he'll be a loss but Dayo had arguably his best game for the Colts yesterday. Not worried about the LDE position this weekend, actually having a 6'5, 280 pound edge might be a good thing against Henry.

36 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

Good news on Taylor, but Jelani remaining on IR is very worrisome. He has had that hamstring injury for months now.

With Kwity, he'll be a loss but Dayo had arguably his best game for the Colts yesterday. Not worried about the LDE position this weekend, actually having a 6'5, 280 pound edge might be a good thing against Henry.

You think the depth and good production out of the TE unit is playing a part. How many weeks does he have to get off pup list again?

• Like 1

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/colts-plan-for-jonathan-taylor-to-practice-wednesday

Colts plan for Jonathan Taylor to come off PUP list and practice Wednesday

...but Steichen said Taylor is excited about getting back to work with the team.

Steichen also said that Taylor could play in Week Five against the Titans and that how Taylor looks on the practice field will determine whether that happens.

3 hours ago, stitches said:

I hope they've confirmed that with Taylor... :dunno:

I don't think the Colts organization is that out of touch. Taylor has been working out in the facility and SS says he is excited to be coming off PUP. Running back coach has had conversations with him and said the same.

2 hours ago, Colt Overseas said:

no rush to bring him off though. we have plenty of TE

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Colt Overseas said:

I think Henry gets lots of good runs up the middle. Hopefully Buckner and big Grove are good to go. 

https://www.newsweek.com/will-jonathan-taylor-play-this-week-what-we-know-about-colts-rbs-status-1831558

Will Taylor Play in Week 5?

...When asked if there was a chance Taylor could play this week, Steichen answered, "Could be, yes," adding that the Colts will see how Taylor looks in practice before making any decision.

"He's in good shape conditioning-wise," Steichen said. "Obviously putting on the pads and practicing is a different deal. I know it's been a long time since he's played football. So we'll see how practice goes this week, see where he's at physically from putting the pads on and we'll go from there."

Given the three-week period the Colts have to make a decision, it's possible Taylor remains on the PUP list through the start of Week 8.

Taylor has not played since December 17 of last year. The former All-Pro reinjured his right ankle in that game and was placed on injured reserve, sidelining him for the remainder of the 2022 season. Taylor also missed the Colts' offseason program, citing lingering pain in his ankle, and has been rehabbing to start this season....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, compuls1v3 said:

I think Henry gets lots of good runs up the middle. Hopefully Buckner and big Grove are good to go. 

Henry isn't the player he used to be; will be 30 soon and his YPC average is only 3.9 right now compared to his career average of 4.7.

12 hours ago, rock8591 said:

Henry isn't the player he used to be; will be 30 soon and his YPC average is only 3.9 right now compared to his career average of 4.7.

He looked like his old self vs the Bengals. He will still be a massive challenge for us on Sunday. Let's hope the boys up front can handle it. 

• Like 1

Just rewatched the Titans/ Colts game last season, I understand the biggest difference is AR at QB, but these takeaways are worth noting. We go from Aaron Donald to Jeffrey Simmons. Simmons was a beast vs. Taylor and the run game. Key fumbles by Ryan and Taylor were game busters. Long Jr. and Stonehouse the punter played huge games. 
Vrabel took the run game away and made us throw all day, which Mo Allie had a Day. Henry ate us for lunch, but a big day by Dayo kept us in to the last possession. Kwity and Leonard were invisible, which with Kwity out for Concussion and Shaq losing playing time, who knows. 
JT should wait a week, not that Jacksonville doesn’t have his number also. 

If he is healthy, why wouldn't he play this week? I am not saying start him but nothing would be keeping him from playing being healthy. We can't be screwing around with this because Sunday's game can determine a lot in the big picture of things. He needs to be out there, no excuses. He hasn't played all year, so it is time. 

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If he is healthy, why wouldn't he play this week? I am not saying start him but nothing would be keeping him from playing being healthy. We can't be screwing around with this because Sunday's game can determine a lot in the big picture of things. He needs to be out there, no excuses. He hasn't played all year, so it is time. 

I agree. He needs to put his big boy pants on and do what he was hired to do

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He hasn’t played or practiced since Dec. I do think they should give him like 5 snaps and play him a little bit. Steichen said he will sit gone with Taylor and see how practice goes this week. They are not practicing today so only two days of practice.

23 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I hope Taylor plays and reels off a 75-yard TD run so the haters can go kick rocks. That is what I think of it. Jonathan Taylor Nfl GIF by The Undroppables

People aren't hating on him because they think he's a bad player, people are hating on him because he's being a bad person (although his agent has something to do with that).

• Like 1

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He hasn’t played or practiced since Dec. I do think they should give him like 5 snaps and play him a little bit. Steichen said he will sit gone with Taylor and see how practice goes this week. They are not practicing today so only two days of practice.

Still have to play him, I didn't say start him. 

• Like 1