Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Guess Who’s in First Place in the AFC South!

Smonroe

I realize the Ravens were playing with about half of their starters out.  And the refs were bad as always, but in our favor for a change.  

But a win is a win.

D played well, even in the 4th Q.   The Stash did enough.  Moss is a stud.  

This team could be scary with AR and JT added to the mix.  

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

When my kids were little they’d ask me who my favorite actor was.  I’d always say Homer Simpson.  

He is the man! I love Dan, the guy that does his voice. I met Dan once here in Indy and he was so cool, he was here for some kind of shoot. I just shook his hand. I have a good Homer voice but can never match Dan the Man. Homer has the longest running show ever, he rules. 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He is the man! I love Dan, the guy that does his voice. I met Dan once here in Indy and he was so cool, he was here for some kind of shoot. I just shook his hand. I have a good Homer voice but can never match Dan the Man. Homer has the longest running show ever, he rules. 

Truly amazing how long it’s been on.  Dan is great!  And it started out as little five minute clips on the Tracy Ullman show.  

• Thanks 1

Just now, Smonroe said:

Truly amazing how long it’s been on.  Dan is great!  And it started out as little five minute clips on the Tracy Ullman show.  

Yep, crazy and Homer has turned into the biggest movie star ever. Youtube, I did it my way, that is Homer's/Dan's voice. I can't get it to post for some reason but great stuff. Maggie's first word, best Employee ever, Homer turning into the Hulk. 

28 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah Chiefs are the team to beat and I still think the Ravens are right there. We got them today, great win! Then I would say Dolphins and Bills are legit. Dolphins scored 70 Homer Simpson GIF- Chiefs are up 41-3 over the Bears lol.

We can beat the Chiefs with Taylor Richardson  and woods. Not sure how we match up to dolphins

2 hours ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

I honestly can't believe it. 

I can.  We had Jacksonville in our grasp as well.  This team has a lot of talent and is very capable of winning a lot of games.  This rebuilding talk is nonsense.  We can play with anybody.  Improved coaching is already making a difference.  Our new free agent additions are contributing significantly.  I’m sure the players are focused on winning the division and making the playoffs as we should be.  I don’t view this year as a developmental year.  I think it could easily be a playoff year.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I can.  We had Jacksonville in our grasp as well.  This team has a lot of talent and is very capable of winning a lot of games.  This rebuilding talk is nonsense.  We can play with anybody.  Improved coaching is already making a difference.  Our new free agent additions are contributing significantly.  I’m sure the players are focused on winning the division and making the playoffs as we should be.  I don’t view this year as a developmental year.  I think it could easily be a playoff year.

Shhhh....you'll upset the naysayers 

14 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

A bit early to be saying that. If we’d beaten the jags, then maybe but we have a LONG way to go

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Shhhh....you'll upset the naysayers 

LOL some of you guys are too much.  No fans are upset that the Colts are 2-1.  It's surprising to most of us.  If it's not surprising to you, more power to you, but no one is "upset" that we are winning.  

3 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Texans always have the jags number but I am shocked how well they played. Seems stroud and Richardson are the real deal.  While young is struggling. Jags just looked bad.

Trevor Lawrence has not looked that great so far this year.  I do believe he's a good QB, so I definitely wouldn't count the Jags out.  Wouldn't be surprised if they turn things around.  It's still very early.  

I'm definitely enjoying us sitting alone at 1st place in the South.  There's a lot to be excited about.  The next five or six games seem very winnable.  That being said, I definitely still expect some bumps in the road, especially with a rookie starting at QB most of the year.  As far as some people saying we are one of the top teams in the AFC, three games is not enough sample size.  Hate all you want, call me a naysayer, whatever.  Colts had a shocking 11-5 season during Luck's first year and maybe something similar happens this year.I hope it does happen.  But for those of you who have been lurking this board for awhile, you know it can be bipolar as hell.  Beat a good team one week or win a couple of games on a row and the Colts are the best team ever.  Next week if they have a poor showing, some of these same people will be saying they're the worst team in the league and literally everyone on the staff should be fired immediately.  

38 minutes ago, kymd82222 said:

I'm definitely enjoying us sitting alone at 1st place in the South.  There's a lot to be excited about.  The next five or six games seem very winnable.  That being said, I definitely still expect some bumps in the road, especially with a rookie starting at QB most of the year.  As far as some people saying we are one of the top teams in the AFC, three games is not enough sample size.  Hate all you want, call me a naysayer, whatever.  Colts had a shocking 11-5 season during Luck's first year and maybe something similar happens this year.I hope it does happen.  But for those of you who have been lurking this board for awhile, you know it can be bipolar as hell.  Beat a good team one week or win a couple of games on a row and the Colts are the best team ever.  Next week if they have a poor showing, some of these same people will be saying they're the worst team in the league and literally everyone on the staff should be fired immediately.  

Can't disagree.  This board lives and dies on each play during the season, BUT, I have to admit that it makes for more entertaining times, haha.

5 hours ago, kymd82222 said:

I believe, and have believed from the beginning ,that this team has a ton of talent. Certainly not in the the best teams category ( yet), but certainly not vying for a too 5 draft pick in next year's draft like a few on here think. Why some on here even think and ramble on that Ballard is purposely not trying to improve the team....total nonsense.

10 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Shhhh...you'll upset some on here. There are a few on here that preteNd to be Colts Fans...but really are not. Why, one of them even thinks Ballard is purposely not trying to improve the team to get a better draft pick ..he thinks the team won't be decent until 2025.... lol

7 hours ago, kymd82222 said:

Considering  our schedule  it should happen. Toughest games left are jags in Jacksonville, steelers, patriots as we always seem to struggle  versus them two and Bengals may have act together  by time we face them. That texans rematch could be interesting  as well

50 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Considering  our schedule  it should happen. Toughest games left are jags in Jacksonville, steelers, patriots as we always seem to struggle  versus them two and Bengals may have act together  by time we face them. That texans rematch could be interesting  as well

Yesterday was a prime example of “On any given Sunday”.  The Colts will be one of those team, IMO, that could beat anyone or could lose to anyone.  (And all the games are on Sunday, right?)

Everyone might want to go back and redo their predictions for the final record.   

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@Qwiz, thanks for the solid Houston Texans GIF by The Undroppables

There's a lot of anti-OSU sentiment here.  Some have said that no OSU QB is ever good in the NFL.  Stroud may disprove that.  And I'm not sure Fields is done, he's just on a really bad team.

One poster (you know who you are!) said that they never want the Colts to draft any OSU players because they won't be good here.  Yeah, the Bosa brothers, Zeke, Garrett Wilson, and dozens others would have tanked with the Colts... sure.

BTW, Trey didn't look too bad for only being there a few days.

• Like 1