Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ravens colts predictions

Stephen

14 hours ago, Zoltan said:

Ravens seem to have alot of injuries going on right now, it should help our DL and offense. I do expect Zay Flowers to have one long TD but I like our offense against their defense, I could see us winning this game but wouldn't be surprised if we lose.

Wouldn't it be magical if our secondary took a major step up this game, like our o-line did last game?  One can hope!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What if Mustache looks spectacular against the Ravens and we win, does that cause a QB controversy? Nobody has probably thought of that. I mean if Mustache beats the Ravens, how do you not start him vs the Rams?

There's a reason no one has thought of that.    It’s highly unlikely to happen.   If he can play, AR starts and plays.   All season long.  

Job One for the Colts in 2023 is to play Richardson as much as possible and get him ready for 2024.   Playing Minshew is just counter productive.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

There's a reason no one has thought of that.    It’s highly unlikely to happen.   If he can play, AR starts and plays.   All season long.  

Job One for the Colts in 2023 is to play Richardson as much as possible and get him ready for 2024.   Playing Minshew is just counter productive.   

I don't disagree with a word you just posted. I would start AR regardless but you never know what the FO or Coach is thinking. There are some fans in here that even wanted Minshew to start to begin the season. I am pro AR 100%. 

I think we’re going to win this game outright.  With Minchew starting most likely.  They have more injuries than we do.  They have no run game you have to game plan for.  Not with our front seven.  This game is all about disrupting Jackson and containing him.  Which we can do.  They beat Houston and a mess of a Bengals team.  I don’t get the worry actually.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I think we’re going to win this game outright.  With Minchew starting most likely.  They have more injuries than we do.  They have no run game you have to game plan for.  Not with our front seven.  This game is all about disrupting Jackson and containing him.  Which we can do.  They beat Houston and a mess of a Bengals team.  I don’t get the worry actually.

Ravens typically have a long injury report on Monday. We will see how it looks today and tomorrow. But they do have some big injuries.

Weather might neutralize things. Looks like the worst weather might be on Saturday but still rain on Sunday.

18 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't disagree with a word you just posted. I would start AR regardless but you never know what the FO or Coach is thinking. There are some fans in here that even wanted Minshew to start to begin the season. I am pro AR 100%. 

Well….   There are certain ways I think we can tell about what the HC and GM are thinking.    By what the do, and what they don’t do.    

Steichen named AR the starter I think it was week 2 of the pre-season schedule.  It was long before he needed to.   There was no hurry, but he made the call early.  I think that sends a clear message.  

And, as I’ve noted in numerous posts, you can tell about Ballard by what he hasn’t done for months.   All the opportunities to sign quality veteran free agents, and he has signed none of them.   He signs fringe level free agents that fans have mostly never heard of.   Again, I think it sends a clear message. 

Hopefully food for thought.  

PS — again, thanks for the correction on the two Bears GMs.   I totally whiffed on that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Well….   There are certain ways I think we can tell about what the HC and GM are thinking.    By what the do, and what they don’t do.    

Steichen named AR the starter I think it was week 2 of the pre-season schedule.  It was long before he needed to.   There was no hurry, but he made the call early.  I think that sends a clear message.  

And, as I’ve noted in numerous posts, you can tell about Ballard by what he hasn’t done for months.   All the opportunities to sign quality veteran free agents, and he has signed none of them.   He signs fringe level free agents that fans have mostly never heard of.   Again, I think it sends a clear message. 

PS — again, thanks for the correction on the two Bears GMs.   I totally whiffed on that. 

Like I said I agree with everything you are saying. It was just something I threw out there. 

As far as whiffing, it was an easy mistake to make because what are the chances you hire 2 GM's back to back with the name Ryan and their last name starts with a P lmao 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I worry that Lamar will throw all over this secondary like he did last time. 

20 hours ago, Solid84 said:

Sure, any given sunday and all that…

Again, only among fans. Do you seriously think coaches and players will start clamoring for Minshew to play?

Our best chance to win has been to start Minshew.

AR is starting because of the long term benefit.

This could not be more clear.

Clamoring huh! Gee, I expect Our people to speak professionally with niceties.

16 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

:facepalm:Hello! Have you been paying attention the past 6 years? Ballard's lack of signing high priced free agents hasn't wavered since he became GM. ( Gilmore signing and Buckner trade were exceptions)...and yes I know about Wentz and Ryan. Those were last resort options at the time.

2 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

:facepalm:Hello! Have you been paying attention the past 6 years? Ballard's lack of signing high priced free agents hasn't wavered since he became GM. ( Gilmore signing and Buckner trade were exceptions)...and yes I know about Wentz and Ryan. Those were last resort options at the time.

…except when he wavers.

2 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Go shop elsewhere.   We are not even talking about the same thing thing. 

I was talking about guys like Risner at guard.   Peters at corner.  Players signed recently.    I have been very clear.   I’ve been talking about roughly the last two months.   I’m NOT talking about early free agency in March or April.  That ship sailed long ago.   I’ve been talking about dealing with the positions posters here have been screaming for help about the last two months!    And I’ve been writing about it in real time, over and over.   

There’s one of us that’s not paying attention.   Stop wasting your time trying to find some “gotcha” moment with me.   It’s not happening.  Seriously.  

On 9/21/2023 at 11:56 AM, Solid84 said:

Sure, any given sunday and all that…

Again, only among fans. Do you seriously think coaches and players will start clamoring for Minshew to play?

Minshew is still young, but the better QB at this point...we have a really good D...with some support from the offense, I think we could be pretty good.

But then again, while I hope he turns out to be good and have a good career, I never wanted AR as our QB...to risky and too much of a project.

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Go shop elsewhere.   We are not even talking about the same thing thing. 

I was talking about guys like Risner at guard.   Peters at corner.  Players signed recently.    I have been very clear.   I’ve been talking about roughly the last two months.   I’m NOT talking about early free agency in March or April.  That ship sailed long ago.   I’ve been talking about dealing with the positions posters here have been screaming for help about the last two months!    And I’ve been writing about it in real time, over and over.   

There’s one of us that’s not paying attention.   Stop wasting your time trying to find some “gotcha” moment with me.   It’s not happening.  Seriously.  

Please tell me the last time Ballard made a move or trade to improve a position during the season. Oh, and by the way, Fries is improving and has played well. You think Risner would be an upgrade?? There are 32 teams that have passed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Please tell me the last time Ballard made a move or trade to improve a position during the season. Oh, and by the way, Fries is improving and has played well. You think Risner would be an upgrade?? There are 32 teams that have passed.

Again, you literally have not been following me the last 2-3 months.   

Every time there’s been a loss of a key player leading up to the start of the regular season, the community here would call for the Colts to sign a veteran free agent that was still available in June and July and August.   Each time the mod @w87r would write a post and he’d include the 3-5 top veteran free agents still available at that position.    I wasn’t asking for the Colts to sign a good vet, the fan base of this community was.   No matter the position, the Colts signed none of them.   None.  Of.  Them.   They would sign some fringe level potential practice squad player.   Typically someone the fan base had never heard of. 

A team serious about winning this year would’ve signed a veteran player to help.  The Colts never did.   They’re content to play the kids and let them learn on the job.  The Colts will take their chances this year playing the kids including AR and re-group for next year.   I strongly support this decision. 

Again, I wasn’t calling for the Colts to make these moves, the fan base was.   I was the one explaining why the Colts didn’t make these moves.   And you hated that as well.  

We don’t have to be friends to co-exist.   You don’t even have to like me.   But if I write something you don’t understand or agree with, just ask me to explain myself.  That’s all I’m asking.   If you’re straight with me, I’ll be straight with you.   

Fair enough?    Hope so. 

39 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Again, you literally have not been following me the last 2-3 months.   

Every time there’s been a loss of a key player leading up to the start of the regular season, the community here would call for the Colts to sign a veteran free agent that was still available in June and July and August.   Each time the mod @w87r would write a post and he’d include the 3-5 top veteran free agents still available at that position.    I wasn’t asking for the Colts to sign a good vet, the fan base of this community was.   No matter the position, the Colts signed none of them.   None.  Of.  Them.   They would sign some fringe level potential practice squad player.   Typically someone the fan base had never heard of. 

A team serious about winning this year would’ve signed a veteran player to help.  The Colts never did.   They’re content to play the kids and let them learn on the job.  The Colts will take their chances this year playing the kids including AR and re-group for next year.   I strongly support this decision. 

Again, I wasn’t calling for the Colts to make these moves, the fan base was.   I was the one explaining why the Colts didn’t make these moves.   And you hated that as well.  

We don’t have to be friends to co-exist.   You don’t even have to like me.   But if I write something you don’t understand or agree with, just ask me to explain myself.  That’s all I’m asking.   If you’re straight with me, I’ll be straight with you.   

Fair enough?    Hope so. 

Go right ahead and keep bashing your brains with this Ignorable. 

Explain yourself... chuckle.

On 9/21/2023 at 10:24 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What if Mustache looks spectacular against the Ravens and we win, does that cause a QB controversy? Nobody has probably thought of that. I mean if Mustache beats the Ravens, how do you not start him vs the Rams?

Because he’s not the starting QB. 

57 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I ask myself that seemingly everytime I come here.

i love this forum so i save my toxic behavior for my fantasy football group chat with my friends, and trash talk groups on facebook lol. 

on here, i try to stick to logical debates or blatant exaggerations. not much in between for me. lol 

This blatant exaggeration I've been repeating recently: Baker Jr the worst CB I've seen since Greg Toler's worst games.