Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is Nelson out this week?

NewColtsFan

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

A story I just saw said Nelson MIGHT be out tomorrow.   It pointed to Hambright being activated to the game day 48 off the PS.    Perhaps to replace Q.   

It’s speculation.   Hambright might also be insurance in case Q’s injured toe flares up.  

Maybe. I hear Nelson is questionable. Houston is potentially out 5. Hope Nelson is out there, hope he isn't pushing it if not ready.

1 hour ago, EasyE said:

Maybe. I hear Nelson is questionable. Houston is potentially out 5. Hope Nelson is out there, hope he isn't pushing it if not ready.

Money well spent lol

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

Money well spent lol

Man one game into the season and Ballard's short comings as a GM are so evident.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Money well spent lol

Man one game into the season and Ballard's short comings as a GM are so evident.

Lmao Moose it's always easy giving up and blaming someone.. Have some faith in your organization even when it feels too hard to do so... I feel the pain and have for years but I don't give up and keep faith moving forward. Not every franchise is golden, ask Patriots without Brady.. Belichick record is awful without TOM... Belicheck IMO is nothing special before Brady and not after Brady?? Just food for thought.. One game Moose, after we beat Texans will you show some love??lmao🙏

2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Money well spent lol

Lmao Moose it's always easy giving up and blaming someone.. Have some faith in your organization even when it feels too hard to do so... I feel the pain and have for years but I don't give up and keep faith moving forward. Not every franchise is golden, ask Patriots without Brady.. Belichick record is awful without TOM... Belicheck IMO is nothing special before Brady and not after Brady?? Just food for thought.. One game Moose, after we beat Texans will you show some love??lmao🙏

22 minutes ago, EasyE said:

Moose is just here to push his talking points.  One of them is Nelson is overrated and keeping him was a massive mistake by Ballard.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Moose is just here to push his talking points.  One of them is Nelson is overrated and keeping him was a massive mistake by Ballard.

I'm new but been going way back reading threads. Ole Moose puts out some good points but some are just flat out hilarious and hard to get mad at cause I don't know if he is actually serious or not..haha

11 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

A story I just saw said Nelson MIGHT be out tomorrow.   It pointed to Hambright being activated to the game day 48 off the PS.    Perhaps to replace Q.   

It’s speculation.   Hambright might also be insurance in case Q’s injured toe flares up.  

I doubt Q misses, but Hambright wouldn’t be his replacement, IMO. Josh Sills replaced Q last week while Q was out. Hambright would be the backup to the backup.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, EasyE said:

I think he just tossed that out there to stir things up. Mission accomplished. 

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have seen enough of a sample size in here that bag on Nelson, Leonard, and Taylor. It just gets old. There are a select few that hated that we even drafted Nelson.

You've clearly misunderstood...

Disagreeing to drafting a Guard 6th overall =/= OG not being important.

Disagreeing to paying a Guard top LT money =/= OG not being important.

Disagreeing to paying a LB $20m year =/= LB not being important.

Disagreeing to paying an elite RB top dollar over having a good RBBC =/= RBs not being important.

Every positions has a place on a team. BUT, some positions are more important than others. Some are FAR more important than others. There is a cap on how much a team can spend on players and more important positions will demand a bigger share leaving less for less important positions.

You can't pay everyone all willy nilly...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have seen enough of a sample size in here that bag on Nelson, Leonard, and Taylor. It just gets old. There are a select few that hated that we even drafted Nelson.

The biggest problem with Nelson is not that we drafted him at 6 and it's not that we paid him top money. It's that he's gotten injured and not played to his level after he got paid. If he played like he did during his first 3 years, IMO he was worth both the #6 pick and the top contract if he had played at that level from the beginning of his career. Very few people would be doubting re-signing him to that contract had he kept up that level IMO. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stitches said:

The biggest problem with Nelson is not that we drafted him at 6 and it's not that we paid him top money. It's that he's gotten injured and not played to his level after he got paid. If he played like he did during his first 3 years, IMO he was worth both the #6 pick and the top contract if he had played at that level from the beginning of his career. Very few people would be doubting re-signing him to that contract had he kept up that level IMO. 

Good point, we will just have to see this year plays out. I am in the same boat as many in here regarding needing a big play WR. We tried with Pittman and Pittman is good but not a threat that has D Coordinator's scared that they game plan for every week. As much as I love Taylor, I would rather have a Justin Jefferson, Hill, or Chase for example so I get how the league is, but as of now we don't have that.  

37 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Good point, we will just have to see this year plays out. I am in the same boat as many in here regarding needing a big play WR. We tried with Pittman and Pittman is good but not a threat that has D Coordinator's scared that they game plan for every week. As much as I love Taylor, I would rather have a Justin Jefferson, Hill, or Chase for example so I get how the league is, but as of now we don't have that.  

I'd love to get those guys but in reality you have to luck into them cause they aint coming to Indy as free agents thats for sure.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Maybe Tee Higgins?

I'm one of those Ballard excusers that don't think he is much to blame for our FA problems. It has always been a problem for us. In this internet age, hardly anyone will come to Indy, the possibilities of bigger media cities of the coasts just dwarf what Indy can offer financially.

We either draft and develop or trade and overpay. 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Drafting Nelson, A Guard, at #5 overall was questionable or at least debatable. However, once he was drafted where he was it was a no brainer to resign him. 

And to add paying your best players, even the ones some consider are non-premium positions, shouldn't hurt with building roster AND adding other high end talent. If needed, manipulating the cap is always there as we've seen many times by teams that go for it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rayski said:

I'm one of those Ballard excusers that don't think he is much to blame for our FA problems. It has always been a problem for us. In this internet age, hardly anyone will come to Indy, the possibilities of bigger media cities of the coasts just dwarf what Indy can offer financially.

We either draft and develop or trade and overpay. 

Having an elite QB is key to attracting Free Agents. When we had Luck, Ebron wanted come here for example. Ebron had a career year at TE. Andre Johnson and Frank Gore wanted to come here too, they were just too old. That is why I am hoping AR can look good this season and moving forward.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Having an elite QB is key to attracting Free Agents. When we had Luck, Ebron wanted come here for example. Ebron had a career year at TE. Andre Johnson and Frank Gore wanted to come here too, they were just too old. That is why I am hoping AR can look good this season and moving forward.

None of those were even close to elite, great, probably above average and that's being generous

Nothing tells you how much location matters in the NFL that we had Peyton Manning for decades and struggled to sign impactful game changing players

And it totally makes sense

Even Ebron was a wild card we had to overpay to come, but he was a bust that might reemerge kind of signing, but my memory could be foggy on that, don't think it was a race to sign him

4 minutes ago, rayski said:

None of those were even close to elite, great, probably above average and that's being generous

Nothing tells you how much location matters in the NFL that we had Peyton Manning for decades and struggled to sign impactful game changing players

And it totally makes sense

Even Ebron was a wild card we had to overpay to come, but he was a bust that might reemerge kind of signing, but my memory could be foggy on that, don't think it was a race to sign him

Luck wasn’t elite?   Now that’s a take that makes no sense.