Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Season Opener: Jaguars @ Colts, Sunday, September 10, 2023, 1:00 PM ET

NFLfan

Who scores the first TD for the Colts?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who scores the first TD for the Colts?

• Pierce
    • Pittman
    • Another WR, not Pierce or Pittman
    • A TE
    • Deon Jackson
    • Another RB/FB, not Jackson
    • Anthony Richardson
    • Another player on offense not already mentioned
    • Colts defense
    • Colts will not score a TD today
    • Special teams (return for a TD or other TD on special teams

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/10/2023 at 05:05 PM

The Colts look pretty good. The Bengals and the Steelers have yet to score. I thought the Steelers would win this game. They look bad. 

Watching on Red Zone, I think the Vikings have two to three turnovers by Kirk Cousins. They were in the red zone and he threw an INT to end the first half. Vikings and the Bucs are tied.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, stitches said:

I thought the game looked even. The difference - their playmakers made plays... our playmakers fumbled or are no show... 

Some day Ballard will learn that even great QBs need playmaking talent to emphasize their abilities. 

I get what you're saying, and I agree.  I just don't know if we could accurately eval our WR's with the QB's we've had the last 2 years.

This should be abetter year for evaluation.  It could also determine if we  pay Pitt or let him walk.  Just my opinion.

• Like 1

Just now, NFLfan said:

The Colts look pretty good. The Bengals and the Steelers have yet to score. I thought the Steelers would win this game. They look bad. 

Steelers we’re pre-season darlings. I probably overrated them. 49ers are NFCCG picks again, barring QB injury.

First Half GBU

Good:

- AR, welcome to the nfl.  He’s playing well.  Good pass %, good decisions, and good runs.  

- Downs & Granson:  they are showing up and getting open.  Good to see Granson out there.  I wonder what him and Woods will look like.

- Defense:  they haven’t missed a step.  Front 7 is STOUT!  Linebacking core is looking good!  Defensive backs look solid also.  Will be happy to see Juju out there eventually.

- Playcall/Play design:  like what I’m seeing.  Motion, misdirection, balance.  

Bad: 

- pass rush has been inconsistent but it’s there.  Just need to get home a little bit more.  But so far, it’s acceptable.

- run blocking:  I don’t know what’s going on.  Whether the jags are selling for the run or wide receivers aren’t being enough of a threat to back off the defense, but we need to get it together.  we can’t have AR throwing 30-40 times in his first year.  Maybe we do need JT.  Or a better RB than Deon.

Ugly

- Shane 4th down calls:  I did agree with the first one.  Qb sneak but AR has to stretch out.  The second one, just no.  Shane, this ain’t Philly.  We aren’t there yet.  Calm down.  We have a kicker with a big leg, make him use it.

- Deon: get him out of there.  Enough said.

- AP & MPJ:  can someone call the police and put out an APB for both of them?  Are they there?  Are they getting open?  What is going on?  Highly disappointed.  I had such high hopes for them but so far, nothing.

with all that said, I’m happy.  This team has promise.  Some talent here, some learning and developing there, and we’ll be fine.  It’s just going to take time.  

7 minutes ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

his learning on the job is costly

Your expectations are perfection and all you're doing is setting yourself up to be upset/disappointed. There are a lot of pros with bringing Steichen in as HC. One of the big cons is his lack of experience with game management. This season will be him learning that on the job.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Plus you adjust your defense differently.  Paying attention to JT could open up someone else.

???

Are you watching the game? The Jags are focused on stopping the run to force AR to throw. How would JT change that? They'd be even more focused on stopping the run? Come on.....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Neither is doing well. Stroud caught his first pass. Lol. Young has been intercepted once.

Young is actually doing well for the first game . He moved the chains very well with Injury to Thielen and Chark, and could've got 3 points in first two drives but Reich decided to go for 4th down to Chuba that failed... Young is doing well as far as I've seen... Miles Sanders is doing well, so that helps except he needs to be utilized more. Their offense is getting into good rhythm already for a rookie QB debut! Granted they're up against Falcons only

Richardson is doing well too.

Stroud struggles, that's expected for OSU QBs coming into NFL.. if he gets consistent by end of this year, he'll be on good track... He's going to struggle for at least half a season now. 

• Like 1