Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts 53 Man Roster

w87r

16 minutes ago, Shive said:

He had a hip injury coming out of the Bears game. I knew the piece about having to go straight to the 53 man roster if claimed, but didn't consider the injury possibly deterring other teams. Here's hoping we can stash him.

Also, I think Rush has outplayed Brents to this point.

But, it would of been impossible to get Brents to the PS.

With the injury, good chance we retain Rush.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

I hope so. Don't get your hopes up with Ballard and too many moves. :) 

This is his niche

Im shocked Agim made the cut and Rush didnt injury or no injury. We saw the pick 6 and he got beat a few times but was playing without hesitancy.  We could well lose him. Agim is deep down the D line rotation so as mentioned above likely see him cut tomorrow for a waiver claim.

I liked what i saw from MCGrone but didnt think he would make final 53 though didnt realize Jojo was that injured.

Think we see Agim,McGrone, and O'Donell cut tomorrow for a WR, Guard and Linebacker.

1 minute ago, Superman said:

Homer voice: Four WRs so far...

We also have five TEs, and that's probably not for long. Maybe a MAC trade in the works?

I think Woods is going to the IR.

Could still move Mo, but I doubt it, unless we pickup a TE on waivers.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

We could get Rogers,Washington,Perriman and/or Winfree back. Think at least 2 is very probable.

Yeah I think we have no problem bringing any of those guys to the PS if we want them.

I take Rogers and Winfree. Hell wanted them on main roster, but if there is something out there to upgrade, let's see.

• Like 2

Reactions

1 - Why are we keeping 3 QB's but only 4 WR's?

2 - How in the world is French still on this team?  He's rank terrible.  I guess that's the injury to Pinter.  (Who is also rank terrible.)

3 - Too bad for 5th round pick Darius Rush.  Imagine not making the team with a CB room like this?

4 - Six to Four ratio of DT's to DE's.  That screams Ballard all over the place.  I would have kept AQM over one of these guys.

I'm guessing either we use that 4th place waiver standing to get some extra players in here, or Arizona won't be the only team that's tanking.

1 minute ago, John Hammonds said:

Reactions

1 - Why are we keeping 3 QB's but only 4 WR's?

2 - How in the world is French still on this team?  He's rank terrible.  I guess that's the injury to Pinter.  (Who is also rank terrible.)

3 - Too bad for 5th round pick Darius Rush.  Imagine not making the team with a CB room like this?

4 - Six to Four ratio of DT's to DE's.  That screams Ballard all over the place.  I would have kept AQM over one of these guys.

I'm guessing either we use that 4th place waiver standing to get some extra players in here, or Arizona won't be the only team that's tanking.

Expect waiver wire and vet claims.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, w87r said:

Yeah I think we have no problem bringing any of those guys to the PS if we want them.

I take Rogers and Winfree. Hell wanted them on main roster, but if there is something out there to upgrade, let's see.

Rogers looked really good, i expect us to go shopping but wouldnt be shocked if when Woods put on injury designation that he gets that roster spot.  

• Like 2

Just now, holeymoley99 said:

Rogers looked really good, i expect us to go shopping but wouldnt be shocked if when Woods put on injury designation that he gets that roster spot.  

Would make sense it Winfree or him got a spot after that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

We cut CB Darius Rush, S Daniel Scott, LB Titus Leo.  And T Jake Witt is on IR.

Kept, QB Anthony Richardson, CB Julius Brents, WR Josh Downs, T Blake Freeland, DE Adetomiwa Adebawore, TE Will Mallory, RB Evan Hull, DB Jaylon Jones.

Why Rush? He will be picked up by another team...I think.

Just now, NFLfan said:

Why Rush?

I was thinking why another thread.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Why Rush? He will be picked up by another team...I think.

He's hurt. Good chance he makes it to PS.

Teams would have to put him on the 53 roster if they claimed him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I hope we make some good claims and signings because this team is very thin.

Your seeing right lol.

Thin? We have 53..... It's just composed oddly.  The initial 53 gives some clues going forward.... I don't think Coach is excited about our WR group at all....  I think he, like many here, figures we have WR 2, a possible slot guy, and a bunch of 4-6 guys on the team.

As for TE, there are five, sure, until waiver claims.....then Mallory is likely gone, though I hope Cox is cut....

Two RB that can play as of today?  Need a warm body there..... 

Sam will get cut and put on PS id assume....

1 minute ago, Jackie Daytona said:

Thin? We have 53..... It's just composed oddly.  The initial 53 gives some clues going forward.... I don't think Coach is excited about our WR group at all....  I think he, like many here, figures we have WR 2, a possible slot guy, and a bunch of 4-6 guys on the team

Good chance, Rodgers or Winfree gets signed back to main roster tomorrow

Still would like to check out the market though.

1 minute ago, Jackie Daytona said:

As for TE, there are five, sure, until waiver claims.....then Mallory is likely gone, though I hope Cox is cut....

Woods will be going on the IR tomorrow and miss 4 games.

I think Mo stays for now, reevaluate when Woods can return.

3 minutes ago, Jackie Daytona said:

Two RB that can play as of today?  Need a warm body there.....

Probably a decent chance we give Hunt a call.

3 minutes ago, Jackie Daytona said:

Sam will get cut and put on PS id assume..

Maybe, but he has to be on active roster to be used as 3rd(emergency QB)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, w87r said:

Good chance, Rodgers or Winfree gets signed back to main roster tomorrow

Still would like to check out the market though.

Woods will be going on the IR tomorrow and miss 4 games.

I think Mo stays for now, reevaluate when Woods can return.

Probably a decent chance we give Hunt a call.

Maybe, but he has to be on active roster to be used as 3rd(emergency QB)

On WR, I agree.  I am saying though that the initial cut paring them down to four, shows we don't have much there that other teams would see as value ....I'm sure one or two more make the team soon.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

:facepalm:Sam is a lock for # 3QB. Teams can carry 3 QBs. #3 does not count against the 53 man roster.

I think it counts towards 53. It just doesn’t count on game day active count. 

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Nope it does count against the 53. It just doesn’t count as the 46 on game day. So the 47th can be a QB

Beat me by a few seconds lol

No Darius Rush is crazy. That’s a Gus Bradley corner built in a lab. He did get beat but I thought it was obvious he was Raw and would need time.

Also I still would have waved MAC and just ran with the young bucks. I know Woods is banged up but 5 TEs is wild. 

Also we brought AQM back just to waive him? I don’t get it.

I’m really losing patience in Ballards decision making, especially in the WR area! Cutting 4 draft picks this year doesnt help either, especially with the lack of depth this team has. I just dont see CB lasting 3 years even with drafting AR. I’m almost ready for another GM to take over!

13 minutes ago, IndyEric07 said:

I’m really losing patience in Ballards decision making, especially in the WR area! Cutting 4 draft picks this year doesnt help either, especially with the lack of depth this team has. I just dont see CB lasting 3 years even with drafting AR. I’m almost ready for another GM to take over!

We have a weak, very unproven roster.

Ballard certainly must have a very good off season next year and beyond to get us into the top 10. It is what it is for now. By mid-season, some of his young players need to show up or i could lose patience with them.